Derid - A newbies situation and progress

Status
Just had to add this here also.

swfamily.jpg

Mini Trooper: Are those the droids we looking for?
Storm Trooper: For the 10000th time, NO!

Picture by K.Alexanderson
Text by D.Erid

Just read through this thread and it's really interesting. That's a lot of sweat and patience so I say all the best and keep up the good work.

Mants

Yes this thread is interesting, but at the same time. who is going to say that the OP is,

Well, dithering.

I am open to criticism, but come on now Derid, you gonna play or what? you must realize nothing you have done so far has made any difference to me or any other player in EU.Get down on it. Do it. We won't notice you otherwise. You will learn to love those like me.. those that tell it like it is..

GL in all you do.

Yes this thread is interesting, but at the same time. who is going to say that the OP is,

Well, dithering.

I am open to criticism, but come on now Derid, you gonna play or what? you must realize nothing you have done so far has made any difference to me or any other player in EU.Get down on it. Do it. We won't notice you otherwise. You will learn to love those like me.. those that tell it like it is..

GL in all you do.

You dont know Derid so no idea where you get the idea he gives a shit if what he does makes a difference to you and i definatly know he doesnt care about being noticed :) He is enjoying himself and playing the game how he wants, go play how you want.

By the way nothing you have done has has made a difference to me and ive never noticed you, does that mean your playing wrong? Some of us dont care about being noticed we just play for the fun of it and enjoy ourselves.

Well, dithering.

I am open to criticism, but come on now Derid, you gonna play or what? you must realize nothing you have done so far has made any difference to me or any other player in EU. Get down on it. Do it. We won't notice you otherwise. You will learn to love those like me, those that tell it like it is.

GL in all you do.
Dithering? You honestly have some nerve. The bold part is just utter *ullsh*t (I can say, he has made a difference to me). Let people play how they want to play. If this was you saying it ingame, you would be breaking your EULA terms. Don't tell people how to play Peezle & others won't point the finger back at you.

I've followed Derid's journey with interest & have been with him sweating in the same fields & going to search for that lost ticket at events. He works hard, probably harder than you will be able to imagine. He has almost 1500ped worth in net from sweating, thats awesome so keep it up Derid ;). I'm sure you'll do all you can.

~Mark~

Ps: There are others ingame I don't notice because they dont bother to take the time to be noticed and get on with their own business. Maybe you should be addressing that audience Peezle, just a thought.

I've been following this thread for a quite while.. well man I wish you good luck it's tough but you can make it. Sweating is very important so you know that peds are hard to obtain and you won't waste them in future. I think you will be a great grinder and eco hunter (if that's the profession you gonna choose).

Well, dithering.

GL in all you do.

Who is Peezle? ..................Who cares?

Just read through this thread and it's really interesting. That's a lot of sweat and patience so I say all the best and keep up the good work.

Mants

Thanks Mants. Patience I got but also have my overall plans, it will move away more and more from sweating. But don't think I will totally move away from sweating ever. Sure, I don't enjoy doing those super long sweating sessions, but I do love to chat with people. Follow the forums, chat with the people in game I gotten to know. Some quite well even. So having a blast, and the tougher it gets, the more happy I will be when I manage :)

Thanks again.

I've been following this thread for a quite while.. well man I wish you good luck it's tough but you can make it. Sweating is very important so you know that peds are hard to obtain and you won't waste them in future. I think you will be a great grinder and eco hunter (if that's the profession you gonna choose).

Thanks Martin! I been thinking of that with what to "go for" in the future. And atm my lil brain is mostly thinking that I will be "playing" some in all fields, most focus will be on hunting / mining. Focus is even as you mention, eco. Tho, I also hope to be able to do some baby crafting again, sure, won't give me any super profits etc. But I enjoy all aspects of the game :)

Well, dithering.

GL in all you do.

Hey there.

Well first of all, my game time has been a bit lacking so the progress has not really been what I have wanted overall. Have some To Do's in game that I have not had time to address, but they will be handled as I get some more time. Tho having a job that sends me across the globe working often makes my available time a bit lacking. So in a way I agree with you that it might not look that I am progressing much.

BUT, there is also a lot of stuff you don't see in my playing. Just to mention a few.

* I could care less about being noticed overall. I have found a lot of great people already that I have around me in game. I even become very happy when I see them somewhere in the world just running by or something. As I know them and appreciate see them do their thing in Entropia. A lot of them are my über soc mates, they are overall light years ahead of me and have to suffer my constant questions. "So what end do I point at the mob with this gun?" "Hey guys! I just found 50 dung!!!!!" *silence in soc chat*. Then there is many that I sweat with, done newbie events with etc and I must say I love to see these guys get ahead. I am one of those people who really loves to see someone you know hit a global, or the cheering I do when they send a PM and inform about something great that happened in game etc. So, I am very rich in people around me, even tho I am a lill newbie. And I like it that way. Tho I notice in this thread that they are a bit over protective :) Tho, friends have the right to be that.

* There are plans being done all the time when I am playing. I discuss with people, plan for future engagements etc, it is all there happening, most people just don't know about it.

* I took on the challenge of Entropia as a non depo player, and I am sticking to it. As I love the challenge. Everytime I get a green text saying I got some skill, I get one point up on Entropia. It is a rough road, my way might not be the best etc, tho, it is MY WAY and I am loving it. I thought a while back that I just for fun should throw in 10K USD and see what I could do with it. I discarded the thought quite fast, as that would just probably ruin a lot in the game for me. Most people don't care much when they get to go on a hunt, use a FAP or try some mining. All those things are just pure fun for me. Even tho if returns are crap, I just smile and enjoy those skillgains.

To end it, I accept your thoughts on my playing, even tho I disagree with them. Your right to think exactly what you want.

Cheers

Derid (Today in Denmark on work, Sunday flying to South Africa for a month of work, just to give you a hint why my game time is lacking :) )

You dont know Derid so no idea where you get the idea he gives a shit if what he does makes a difference to you and i definatly know he doesnt care about being noticed :) He is enjoying himself and playing the game how he wants, go play how you want.

By the way nothing you have done has has made a difference to me and ive never noticed you, does that mean your playing wrong? Some of us dont care about being noticed we just play for the fun of it and enjoy ourselves.

But but... You still have that screenshot of me posing in just my settler helmet right above your bed? :silly2:

Butch my old friend, 2014 when I graduate, I will be your mentor, any day! Any life! :wise:

Dithering? You honestly have some nerve. The bold part is just utter *ullsh*t (I can say, he has made a difference to me). Let people play how they want to play. If this was you saying it ingame, you would be breaking your EULA terms. Don't tell people how to play Peezle & others won't point the finger back at you.

I've followed Derid's journey with interest & have been with him sweating in the same fields & going to search for that lost ticket at events. He works hard, probably harder than you will be able to imagine. He has almost 1500ped worth in net from sweating, thats awesome so keep it up Derid ;). I'm sure you'll do all you can.

~Mark~

Ps: There are others ingame I don't notice because they dont bother to take the time to be noticed and get on with their own business. Maybe you should be addressing that audience Peezle, just a thought.

TT value is closing in on 1500 :) with MU etc Im almost at 3K atm. Will go down a tad tho when I sell off stuff to try out that trading thingy ;)

And thanks Rufie, nice to see you got my back in rain or shine :) Now start wearing that Settler or I will add you to ignore! ;)

Derid

... 2014 when I graduate...

Darn.. I knew it ;)

Have fun in South Africa hon, hope you get a chance to log in from time to time while you're there :)

Darn.. I knew it ;)

Have fun in South Africa hon, hope you get a chance to log in from time to time while you're there :)

I am there to swim with white sharks! Well, hide in a cage actually :) And visit a nice safari and see some other aspects of the country. It really is a complicated country from what I understand from my friends down there, so going to be interesting and also very emotional to see how they have it down there.

Oh yhea, I am there to work also. Forgot about that! ;)

And if I work hard, I am sure I can graduate in December, 2013

Well, dithering.

GL in all you do.

i've met Derid few times and i remember him very well... mostly in the lost my ticket event where he looked for that damn ticket like a boss

you however i have no freaking idea who you are and after this comment only diffrence i wanna make to you is my isis up your ass
Who is Peezle? ..................Who cares?

my new target practise

GL on your conquest Derid! keep on working!:yay:

Just make sure the cage is shark proof, ok?
as long as you don't stick out any limbs to pet the shark

Just make sure the cage is shark proof, ok?

ROFL. Cmon, that is like depositing in Entropia, kind of chicken? *waits for flame attacks*

Im kidding people! :silly2:

i've met Derid few times and i remember him very well... mostly in the lost my ticket event where he looked for that damn ticket like a boss

you however i have no freaking idea who you are and after this comment only diffrence i wanna make to you is my isis up your ass

my new target practise

GL on your conquest Derid! keep on working!:yay:

as long as you don't stick out any limbs to pet the shark

Easy tiger :) Don't get into some flame war over the Derid.

Considering you going to Aussie land you probably should think about keeping your limbs out of water to :)

And thanks Johan! Btw, Roadkill, that is from how you get your lunches right?

*Derid is very amused by himself today*

No more comments about my dithering now please people. :)

Don't want this to be some flame post thread. As we all know this is the thread for loving Derid and cherishing the wonder that I am. Hating Derid posts... Hmmm, should probably start a HATE Derid thread, should probably be plenty of action in that thread. Maybe I should start it off... got plenty of bad stuff to say about that Derid guy...

/Derid, Irony is my second name, or was it sarcasm?

ROFL. Cmon, that is like depositing in Entropia, kind of chicken? *waits for flame attacks*

Im kidding people! :silly2:

Easy tiger :) Don't get into some flame war over the Derid.

Considering you going to Aussie land you probably should think about keeping your limbs out of water to :)

And thanks Johan! Btw, Roadkill, that is from how you get your lunches right?

*Derid is very amused by himself today*

yeah i run them over myself:laugh:

TT value is closing in on 1500 :) with MU etc Im almost at 3K atm.
Will go down a tad tho when I sell off stuff to try out that trading thingy ;)

And thanks Rufie, nice to see you got my back in rain or shine :).
Now start wearing that Settler or I will add you to ignore! ;)

Derid
Sorry buddy no can do, if I did you won't get your very own (hofs) tier 3 set ;). Plus I'm trying to tier up atm my adjusted pixie I got from graduating :). So ignore away :p. But yeah you should sell a lot of your not needed inventory to release some much needed ped. If you have almost 3k with markup wow that is awesome. You just need 1k or 2k to start of trading small & grow your way up. I would do it, but I find it very tiresome to say the least. Either way I always got your back ;).

~Mark~

In continuance to your thread Derid ( which I have *ahem* read ) I still maintain you need to do a shitload more to get noticed. Maybe my point wasn't clear before, though I suspect it was to you.

I love to see people struggling through the EU maze from a sweating, non-depositing ( my sister had a breakup so now I need to stop playing a while so she don't go mental ) perspective.

What I hate is not your approach but the way you should make it more public. This thread is too weak. Find some other means to publish your approach. Be refreshing.

And to all my detractors... :smoke: and :drink: beats :computer: everytime.

Happy Hoffing all.

In continuance to your thread Derid ( which I have *ahem* read ) I still maintain you need to do a shitload more to get noticed. Maybe my point wasn't clear before, though I suspect it was to you.

I love to see people struggling through the EU maze from a sweating, non-depositing ( my sister had a breakup so now I need to stop playing a while so she don't go mental ) perspective.

What I hate is not your approach but the way you should make it more public. This thread is too weak. Find some other means to publish your approach. Be refreshing.

And to all my detractors... :smoke: and :drink: beats :computer: everytime.

Happy Hoffing all.

i don't think fame is derids goal here

also i lost it with my old comp but there is a screen of me in 07 saying that i will make "happy hofing" an eu saying:laugh: it's not hard to come up with but i'd like to think i spawned that phrase or atleast halped it along

just an fyi i had not heard any1 say it b4 i thought of it but i'm sure i wasn't the first

Despite all the weak comments, what is interesting here is that Derid and I have an understanding about his thread.

I can make my thoughts known ( my strength ) and he can make his known ( his strength ), and anything that dosen't support this is the childish ravings of others.

Look at the big picture... it's easy to throw a bottle at the TV.

Bring it on Derid, we like your thoughts.

Despite all the weak comments, what is interesting here is that Derid and I have an understanding about his thread.

I can make my thoughts known ( my strength ) and he can make his known ( his strength ), and anything that dosen't support this is the childish ravings of others.

well i don't like yours go make your own thread

And this kids, is why you don't do amphetamine whilst posting on a forum.

I'd prefer to shoot tv actually, its more aesthetically pleasing. Problem is of course, I do not have a gun, and neither tv (the last one I had I threw from balcony few years ago - yes that is pleasing too, though not quite as much).

Finally!

So yesterday I bought tools, ammo and probes for 100 PED and headed out for a hunt. After many months of sweating I really looked forward to this.

Many hours late I came back to storage and checked the result.

Ammo, probes decay = 70 PED.
Loot Summarized TT Value = 90.99113 PED
Loot Summarized MU Value = 95.5 PED

GOD DANG IT! PROFITABLE HUNTING RUN!!!!

:silly2::silly2::silly2::silly2:

LIST OF LOOT (The Vivo was part of the 70 PED cost)

Inv # Name Amount TT Value peauction.com value entropiabay.com value Location
9 Animal Hide 419 4.19 4.2 (100.22% MU) (100.00% MU) CARRIED
13 Animal Muscle Oil 977 29.31 29.57 (100.90% MU) 31.37 (107.04% MU) CARRIED
15 Animal Oil Residue 124 1.24 (100.26% MU) 1.25 (100.41% MU) CARRIED
53 Basic Target Assessment Unit 4 0.08 0.1 (124.13% MU) 0.13 (162.34% MU) CARRIED
57 Belkar Stone 99 1.98 2.23 (112.82% MU) 2.21 (111.63% MU) CARRIED
58 Blausariam Stone 151 6.04 6.48 (107.31% MU) 6.53 (108.16% MU) CARRIED
60 Blazar Fragment 45 0.00045 0.01045 (+0.01 PED) 0.04045 (8333.33% MU) CARRIED
83 Colonizer Foot Guards (F,L) 1 1.90 (n/a) (+0.00 PED) CARRIED
84 Colonizer Shin Guards (F,L) 1 0.72 0.78 (+0.06 PED) (+0.00 PED) CARRIED
85 Colonizer Shin Guards (F,L) 1 0.68 0.74 (+0.06 PED) (+0.00 PED) CARRIED
89 Crude Oil 334 3.34 3.37 (100.87% MU) 3.35 (100.24% MU) CARRIED
90 Cumbriz Stone 5 0.75 0.85 (113.72% MU) 0.84 (111.45% MU) CARRIED
94 Diluted Sweat 135 1.35 (n/a) (0.00% MU) CARRIED
105 Erdorium Stone 3 1.20 1.38 (114.90% MU) 1.34 (112.03% MU) CARRIED
109 Explosive Projectiles 11776 1.1776 1.1876 (100.74% MU) 1.1976 (101.28% MU) CARRIED
117 Garcen Grease 3 0.30 0.31 (103.84% MU) 0.31 (102.95% MU) CARRIED
134 Hair Gel 1 0.13 (103.69% MU) (0.00% MU) CARRIED
139 High Speed Control Component 1 0.10 (101.09% MU) (0.00% MU) CARRIED
142 Ignisium Stone 2 1.40 1.57 (112.06% MU) 1.57 (112.13% MU) CARRIED
145 Iron Stone 6 0.78 0.83 (106.85% MU) (0.00% MU) CARRIED
161 Lysterium Stone 433 4.33 4.56 (105.42% MU) 4.53 (104.59% MU) CARRIED
171 Megan Stone 2 0.36 0.4 (110.53% MU) 0.39 (108.23% MU) CARRIED
172 Melchi Water 65 1.30 1.31 (100.91% MU) 1.34 (103.31% MU) CARRIED
179 Nissit 49 0.00049 1.15049 (235032.00% MU) (0.00% MU) CARRIED
182 Nova Fragment 215 0.00215 0.40215 (+0.40 PED) 0.03215 (1525.15% MU) CARRIED
190 Paint Can (Green) 1 0.07 (100.56% MU) (100.18% MU) CARRIED
194 Paint Can (Orange) 25 0.25 (101.80% MU) 0.27 (106.11% MU) CARRIED
197 Papplon 44 0.00044 0.10044 (+0.10 PED) 0.23044 (52213.14% MU) CARRIED
259 Snablesnot Skin 97 3.88 4.1 (105.60% MU) 4.52 (116.42% MU) CARRIED
262 Socket I Component 9 0.90 (100.34% MU) (99.58% MU) CARRIED
272 Thin Wool 4 1.00 1.03 (102.97% MU) 1.01 (101.27% MU) CARRIED
283 Vivo T1 1 8.54 9.29 (+0.75 PED) (n/a) CARRIED
288 Wool 46 9.20 9.31 (101.17% MU) (99.70% MU) CARRIED

Used Sticky Note to check values. Thanks PIRX for your awesome site!
http://stickynote.info

I been away a lot lately, been working in South Africa for two months and just been sweating since I been back. Really needed this run as a good morale booster.

Cheers Everyone and lets make 2012 rock!

DERID

Gz on profit man :D

Gz on profit man :D

Thanks mate, was a great run. Been used to just losing on runs and focused on being happy for the skillgains instead. This really made my day, and will keep me happy whilst sweating for a long time :)

Hey Derid, good luck with this. The link to your mining log is not working.

PS: Stay away from crafting...lol

Status
Back