Derid - A newbies situation and progress

Status
from Stickynote.info

Items found in Auction = 268
Special Items = 4
Items not on auction = 38
Bottles of sweat = 446609 estimated value is 1339.827 PED
Summarized TT Value = 1538.01322 PED

Auction Results (Raw TT was used where no peauction data found)
Data From Blueprints Estates Everything Else Sum
peauction.com 178.73 0 3651.00322 3829.73322
entropiabay.com 80.26 0 2538.69322 2618.95322

This tho should be minus about 300 PED in the MU, as I got a clothing item that is not mine but owned by sensei Fishface.

I'm also with the people who suggested you to sell the fokken sweat and buy a CLD. Seriously it's worth it and even if you sell at a imaginary loss the deed will earn it back. 6 PEDs a week sounds pretty good to me and you would want to rather have your PEDs locked in a CLD than in sweat.

Good luck with your adventures within the universe. Also started out as a sweater and still enjoying sweating and swunting every now and then (close to 3k SG by now) :)

I'm also with the people who suggested you to sell the fokken sweat and buy a CLD. Seriously it's worth it and even if you sell at a imaginary loss the deed will earn it back. 6 PEDs a week sounds pretty good to me and you would want to rather have your PEDs locked in a CLD than in sweat.

Good luck with your adventures within the universe. Also started out as a sweater and still enjoying sweating and swunting every now and then (close to 3k SG by now) :)

Would "only" take you 3,2 years to earn your money back!

Then again I have no idea what clds are good for other then tying up money

Well when you consider having hunderds of k of sweat in strg the CLD would be the better deal for him. 6 PED per week he can add to his trading stock, to work with this peds opposed to tons of sweat sitting in strg and doing nothing.

Once the Hussk is fixed and spawned the 3rd time ( 2nd time i guess Hijacker gets the sweat back in refund ) Derid should try to come in contact with a potential spawner. Maybe he can get a fair price. Maybe he can get a worse deal from a reseller, but still get enough peds to work with. Even withou CLD, but trading he would be better off to have cashflow to work with.

PHP:
Well when you consider having hunderds of k of sweat in strg the CLD would be the better deal for him. 6 PED per week he can add to his trading stock, to work with this peds opposed to tons of sweat sitting in strg and doing nothing.

Once the Hussk is fixed and spawned the 3rd time ( 2nd time i guess Hijacker gets the sweat back in refund ) Derid should try to come in contact with a potential spawner. Maybe he can get a fair price. Maybe he can get a worse deal from a reseller, but still get enough peds to work with. Even withou CLD, but trading he would be better off to have cashflow to work with.

Hmm trade with 1340peds or buy cld and in 3 years trade with 1340peds unless subscriptions go up an unbelievable 200% then it's only 1,5:laugh:

But yeah sell the sweat

Btw, this is the real ending of Rocky 4.

Nice progress Derid! :cool:

However, I really think you should try to sell your sweat to get more bankroll to start mining/hunting/trading on a more regular basis. If you manage to sell all your sweat at like 2.5/k on different occasions you would have some serious peds
on card, probably best to do this just in case the price will drop further.

However, I know you got your plan and that you will stick to it, but with the extra ped you will be able to save bigger
stacks of materials in storage to sell on auction for better profit.

Anyway, keep on rocking! :wtg:

Yhea, everyone keeps telling me to sell the sweat off. Problem is finding a buyer for almost 500K sweat, I am hoping the mob that needs sweat to be spawned will be a regular kill. That should help us sweaters some, but I can imagine that I won't get much PED at all for selling all 500K at the same time. Tho, as mentioned by many here, selling it and buying a CLD would be nice, perhaps also get some PEDs over to add to the trading bank roll.

I actually have some PEDs going on now, so closing in on that 500 PED I have as a goal before I try trading, then we shall see if I can handle trading or if it is not for me.

Wish me luck!

Derid

That's jsut stupid. Buy for 1k PED, wait a few weeks and sell for 995 - 1k PED again so you have pure profit.

Great thread and accomplishments Derid! 500K sweat sitting in your storage is insane. What sell price are you waiting for?

Quick update!

Been sweating nicely the last two days and feels nice to have passed the 2.7K SG skill, but the aim now is the 3K mark of course. Need to keep those goals in focus so I feel motivated to keep up with the sweating. On another note I am closing in on the 500 PED bankroll so I can start testing trading. Can admit that I am a bit worried about the trading aspect, I am trying to read up on it, find an area to focus on from the start to make it easier for myself and not go out on too deep water. Then as my funds are quite limited my focus areas can't be that wide if you say so. If anyone happens to be sitting on some good trading basics, trips or trix I would appreciate that a lot!

Tomorrow I am taking part in another fort event: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Smilgs-jamming-3-event-registration-20-people

I can recommend this for people who has time time over and wish to get some cheap skills. Last time I went from 1 in pyro to 316 during the four hours. I was very pleased I can say and was nice to get to meet some new people who are not part of my regular people who either are soc mates or sweaters. The event might seem long but as the autotool exist it is a cake walk. If you got the time over, sign up!

Also been spreading out more rep in the thread, there are a few who posted quite a few replies in the thread who I have not have managed to rep yet due to the "spread rep around" aspect. But will get you all in the end, don't worry about that. Least I can do when you guys suffer through my endless updates and rants :)

Derid

On another note I am closing in on the 500 PED bankroll so I can start testing trading. Can admit that I am a bit worried about the trading aspect, I am trying to read up on it, find an area to focus on from the start to make it easier for myself and not go out on too deep water. Then as my funds are quite limited my focus areas can't be that wide if you say so. If anyone happens to be sitting on some good trading basics, trips or trix I would appreciate that a lot!

Best of luck with your business! :)

I'm not a professional trader, but I've spent quite a number of hours at Twin selling loot, armor, weapons and some crafted stuff.

My suggestion is that you spend some hours there watching others trade and figure out what "trading styles" you like or what you don't like.

Ores/enm can be quite a tricky market and the competition is quite tough, especially if your own funds are limited. This is another reason, why I recommend watching what is going on on the market place, so that you can get an idea, what you can do at the moment.

Timing is very important. - There are times, when there are a lot of players (potential customers) around, but then, you find a lot of traders there as well. It might be better to trade when the place is not as busy, but you pretty much are the only trader around (ofc depending on what you do and on when you can log on).

Trading in the auction is quite a different matter - not everyone enjoys staring at the auction window for a long time.

Auction trading also means that you have to consider auction fees, how to figure out good starting bids and buy outs for what you offer and learn how to work with the length of your auctions.

Well you have the patience for it

When I tried trading I had a very small profit and eventually I just tried killing the auctionere

I remember buying 2 vamp parts when the Mu was 320 ped/50 for 290 ped total and a week after Mu crashed to 50/10 xD anyway over a year later I sold them for 350 again :D sure took its time

Arkadia

ARKADIA

Thanks to my great soc leader Serica I got a ride to Arkadia. The ride was long and we managed to get attacked by a pirate once we got close to the space station at Arkadia. But after a respawn we got down to the planet. I was so exited to get to see a new place and after getting to see space first hand. Serica was nice to drop me off at the newbie quest line and I am planning on doing it this evening.

Tho I could not hold myself so ran out to drop some probes and kill some mobs. Sadly this was a bad thing to go for, I managed to get 18 NRFs going for both ore and enmatter, I managed to get a couple of claims but sadly the value of that crude oil and local ore I got did not cover more than the cost of 3 drops of the about 40 I did. So it seems that Arkadia mining is not for me, but will drop another 60 later tonight to see if it stays true that return was horrible for the run. I of course know that you should not judge anything by one run really, but have never gotten close to such a low return as 15% before. Hopefully this evening can turn it around and luckily I saved the newbie mission for later. Should cheer me up as I will have to spend a week sweating to cover for the loss of the mining. But hey, that's life!

Perhaps the Arkadia hunting will be more kind to me. I will try to log this nicely and give you a report when I gotten a few more days here at Arkadia and we shall see if I just was unlucky in the start or it maintains this low return.

Take care all!

Derid

Look for a good markup spot and do at least 100 PED EnMatter or 200 PED Ore runs and keep going. That's the trick in my opinion

Welcome to arkadia, I've been here 24/7 since the day it release, contact me if you need anything :)

Actually, I've sent you friend request ingame :p

Last edited:
While on Arkadia, try swunting carabok, and start the IFN oro mission. They both give a ton of skills. :)

A player in my soc got like 89% return from killing all oros up to finishing the 4800 challenge so hopefully loot won't suck for u either :wtg:

Update!

After the horrible initial start on Arkadia, that even got me a bit cranky and I usually just get cranky if there is no coffee, I am hungry or a few thousand other reasons, things have picked up nicely. I did the newbie mission on Arkadia, and what can I say? Top notch stuff, I really enjoyed it! Feeling part of a little story line, good introduction to the game and the world. The guys at Arkadia has really outdone everyone when it comes to missions. I give them five nubs of five possible for that mission and the story. And just to make you guys laugh, I am so damn cheap that I did not even ride my hover pod! :) I walked! The whole way! But I need to add that I did find some fruit and stone, and that made it worth it all, so it was not just for enjoying new scenery, even tho it is beautiful.

I have done the newbie missions at a firebase also, turned out real nice. The 10 kills for hunting broke even and on the 30 drops part of missions I hit some nice stuff. Two big finds of V and VII really got me cheering! I know this is baby stuff for all of you, but for me it was huge!! Got me cheering in front of my computer even! So a good sign and really helped to put off a GREAT day in Arkadia. I managed also to run into a couple of people I know from before, and also a couple of people who has suffered through this thread :) Very nice to meet people in game like that and appreciate the offer of assistance and kindness I have seen on Arkadia so far.

Check out my story about the start of my travels to Arkadia.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...plored-areas-Mini-Story&p=2901657#post2901657

Be well all!

Derid

PS. Also working on a little youtube project to talk some more about my Arkadia experience and why I play the way I do.

Keep on rocking!

I have a proposal for you when i come home that should get your skilling going a bit faster, done it for friends many times and I get the feeling it's a good deal :D

I will provide you with 100-200ped ammo depending on your weapon of choise.
You supply your own weapon(I might be able to loan you a better armor if needed)

Then we kill anything you'd like, you name it I can get a fapper or two if it's big enough, say chompers, spiders or big scipps... Or small fry if you want :D

Now I can either join you or you can hunt alone(if a join then healing and fappers is on me)

Then by the end of the hunt you can take anything from the loot you wanna keep and replace it with peds of equal value.

Items gets splitt 50/50

You take enough loot to pay for your personal decay(anything I did not provide) and the rest goes to me, unless.
If I give you 100pefs ammo and after the hunt and your decay you return with for example 1000ped then 900 is yours.

Long story short:
You can not go- only gain skill and fun or even peds
If you return with 1ped/100 after your own repairs you owe me nothing,nada,nill

I will try to match your dps if it is possible... If you wanna use opalo and hunt scipp then obviously I'd bring a bigger gun :D

Hope you take me up on my offer when I get back, gl with the skilling!

And ofc you can bring friends! But I'm only sponsoring you :laugh: sponsored 6people with 200ped each ones + my own ammo and we can back with like 40% return :laugh:

Arkadia Update

Well, have not gotten as much game time I would have liked the last two weeks. But must say that I am enjoying Arkadia! The people and the scenery is awesome! I have spent quite a lot of time swunting the punies outside the quarry and the results have been okay. Mining has not gone that well, but should not complain really as it has improved a lot compared to the initial mining run on Arkadia.

My skills have taken a leap upwards as the swunting really boosts up the hunting and as I am dropping probes here and there I have managed to move up a bit in my mining skills also. Passed the 10% mark towards the graduation, I know I am super slow but at least it is moving. (Serica, I will get there one day!)

Otherwise not much to report, I wonder if I will be able to sell what I have hunted / mined before I leave Arkadia, or if I should just put it into the storage and try to gather more the next time I arrive here. Due to the baby amounts I have I think buyers will be hard to come by.

Hope you all are doing well!

Derid

A quickie! (You wish!! :) )

Well, been doing my lil swunting and some baby mining with my rookie gear. It takes time to swunt punies but I do love the amount of green skills I keep getting and it really beats just sweating. Most people ask me and wonder how I got the energy to do it, well, quite simple. Sweat for a couple of years on and off and you will also enjoy every single mob you kill! :)

Can also say that I cheered like a real nub when I hit a puny that carried 1.1 PED of loot! Life can have a lot of joy as a newbie if you say so.

The bad side has been the mining, it has been real horrible and going to hold back on that now. The returns have been real bad, often the return has not even covered the cost for the probes / decay when I have gotten them. So put mining on ice for the moment, sad as I like the skill gains from that also.

Im up over 13% in my graduation, not much I know, but considering how slow it has been before I know poor mentor Serica at least sees some light at the end of the tunnel.

Johan btw, that is a great offer mate. Lets talk when we catch each other online, want to ensure that you can profit out of it also. I might be a nub, but have some pride!!! Ok, very little pride!

Derid

Well, been doing my lil swunting and some baby mining with my rookie gear. It takes time to swunt punies but I do love the amount of green skills I keep getting and it really beats just sweating. Most people ask me and wonder how I got the energy to do it, well, quite simple. Sweat for a couple of years on and off and you will also enjoy every single mob you kill! :)

Can also say that I cheered like a real nub when I hit a puny that carried 1.1 PED of loot! Life can have a lot of joy as a newbie if you say so.

The bad side has been the mining, it has been real horrible and going to hold back on that now. The returns have been real bad, often the return has not even covered the cost for the probes / decay when I have gotten them. So put mining on ice for the moment, sad as I like the skill gains from that also.

Im up over 13% in my graduation, not much I know, but considering how slow it has been before I know poor mentor Serica at least sees some light at the end of the tunnel.

Johan btw, that is a great offer mate. Lets talk when we catch each other online, want to ensure that you can profit out of it also. I might be a nub, but have some pride!!! Ok, very little pride!

Derid

Ah I have never cared about money! I have maybe 8K peds in eu +items and shit and 8K sek at the bank but that has never stopped me from having a great time... Not so great the morning after when you wake up in a field hugging a bush

Not so great the morning after when you wake up in a field hugging a bush

Glade to hear I am not the only one this kind of stuff happens to :p Them late whiskey drinking EU nights sometimes are not so good to look back on the next day :p

Glade to hear I am not the only one this kind of stuff happens to :p Them late whiskey drinking EU nights sometimes are not so good to look back on the next day :p

I was drinking green fairy absint though... 73$ for 500ml but it did pack an epic punch... Better stick to goon from now on

Arkadia review - My personal

So, tomorrow I am flying away from Arkadia to try another planet thanks to my great mentor and soc leader Serica! What I wanted to do is give a little review of my time on Arkadia, how I experienced it. Before someone gets upset etc you have to understand this is my opinion based on my experiences on Arkadia.

I must say that from day one on Arkadia I loved the scenery! When I did the newbie mission I walked the whole mission and loved seeing the areas and the feel of them! Also, managed to pickup some fruit and stone whilst enjoying the view and the awesome newbie mission! The scenery just fitted me really well to put it easy. The missions I only did about the newbie mission with the pod and the ones at the firebase. Was really fun and enjoyed doing them, specially the hover pod chain was amazing, big creds to the devs of Arkadia for that one.

Hunting, I did most my hunting on puny mobs as them I can swunt to "secure" getting close to the 100% return. In total I spent about 100 PEDs in the hunting and the returns was okay I guess. Without TT I landed on 65% about and with MU close to 83%, luckily for me I swunted also and with the sweat I cam close to 90% return, not great, but quite okay. I did some hunting on the Osks also, about same return as the puny Caraboks.

Mining, this was the horrible part. I spent 100 PED here also and the return on TT was about 50% and with MU I got up to 65%. This was a harsh hit and will take weeks of sweating back on Calypso to cover for this. I don't know what I did not wrong, but I switched places, stopped mining when runs was bad and so on. Just could not get any good hits, and with the rookie gear I dropped a lot of those probes, so covered big areas with a lot of probes. This sounds like whining now but have not had a big hit like this in Entropia before and will take some time to cover these losses that I have gained on Arkadia.

The People, wow, the people. From day 1 on Arkadia I have only been met with kind words, tips and help. Multiple ppl looked me up even to see if I needed a hand etc, and I must say it was very nice and really appreciate the hands you guys stretched out to me. I do not know if the people knew me from the forum here, I know a couple did, but wow. This is how it is supposed to be. Big + to you guys on Arkadia, you really kept my morale up during the tough results! Only thing I can say bad about the population is the amount of them, but is of course expected. In my cranky mind its probably related to bad loots! ;)

Selling, as the amounts of mats I have is quite small it directly lead to a problem to sell them. Then the population on Arkadia is a bit smaller and its hard to find a buyer, specially when you are now on the planet like me. So for now I will about try to leave my stuff in storage and maybe if I do another run to Arkadia I will try to make the stacks bigger. Tho will have to make sure I have a buffer in PEDs till next time to cover the losses. (Mr Negative!)

So again, thanks to all of you I have met on Arkadia and I do hope you guys and gals will strike it big, nobody will cheer more than me when I see your names show up in the HoF list, you deserve it!

Derid over and out.

As some have noticed I have not been active the last 1,5 week. That is as I got called in for a job in South Africa!

I am currently at the coast south of Durban and enjoying some sun and my first vacation week in a year. Won't be back in Sweden until 19 of April, so will be a while before I am online steady again. Will try to play some from here, but don't trust my 3G modem very much to be frank.

Hope you all are doing well.

Derid

As some have noticed I have not been active the last 1,5 week. That is as I got called in for a job in South Africa!

I am currently at the coast south of Durban and enjoying some sun and my first vacation week in a year. Won't be back in Sweden until 19 of April, so will be a while before I am online steady again. Will try to play some from here, but don't trust my 3G modem very much to be frank.

Hope you all are doing well.

Derid

I am very envious :mad:

Enjoy the waves mate :)

Derid in South Africa video

Still uploading, but should be done in an hour.

Enjoy

Status
Back