Planet Toulan to become first ever Arabian 3D MMO developed in the Arab World - Zawya (subscription)

Maybe someone should actually ask the planet partners what they want... I know at least one is in favor of perhaps more separation of economies than we have now. I do agree though, it is difficult for a new planet to get the momentum it needs to succeed. It's equal parts devs and players that bring this about. The devs need to design a "whole" economy that actually works (bps, resources, tools, weapons) and the players need to actually DO their business on the planet instead of taking everything to calypso to sell.

It's a pest or colera question for the planets imo. They need oldtimers around for the planet to look attractive to stay at. As long as caly is hoffing like crazy many will go there and stay and that never get the economy going.

the universal.... auction came at a huge price...... you would have to pay PED to actually collect the gear

Well if they implement it again it should come without that price. That cost is artificial (as most other fees) anyways so they can remove it if they want.

I can understand that its hard for them to admit the space failure but they should do this to get more activity around the universe.

A way around it to still have space and to make ship owners and pirates happy is that when you buy items from other planets than the one you are at space ship owners can pick that "loot crate" at the cost the buyer bought it for. This is done from the planet it is listed on and he can then ship it to the planet it was bought from. Once it reach space station the payout is returned + half (or a divident) of the auction fee is paid to the spaceship pilot/owner. If the ship is attacked and loot is stolen the MS owner will take the loss and the money that should have gone to him go back to the buyer. This way pirates can still try to take down motherships and owners of the ships still make some bucks. The ship owner (that likes lootable pvp so much) then take all the risk as it should be and he get to waste as much time on space as he likes :D The buyer should also have the possibility to set a time limit for delivery and once it get's under a threshold of maybe 2-3hours the buyer has to pay a higher fee to get it delivered quickly. And again since pilots love lootable PVP the loot should have to be held by the pilot or in a ship container and that the logout timer for the pilot is set very high or in some way make it possible for pirates to take it down.

I am really upset at how naive and cliche some players are regarding discussions of other planets.

First of all, people keep saying they want to see Toulan launch because of all the "money" that some of these rich kids or oil barons would put into the game are just foolish....
Not sure if you refer to my post or not.

But if so, you missed the point.

I stated I hoped a rich oil dude would INVEST in a planet, which might actually then have a chance to be a success, and unlike the existing planets, it could attract a whole new group of players, who would otherwise never join Entropia. And THAT would be good for both MA and all of Entropias inhabitants. (Obviously because it would make the foundation for our virtual world more solid)

Not sure if you refer to my post or not.

But if so, you missed the point.

I stated I hoped a rich oil dude would INVEST in a planet, which might actually then have a chance to be a success, and unlike the existing planets, it could attract a whole new group of players, who would otherwise never join Entropia. And THAT would be good for both MA and all of Entropias inhabitants. (Obviously because it would make the foundation for our virtual world more solid)

No man, my edit (2 hours before this post of yours), clearly stated that it wasn't referring to you :)

I did totally understand what you were saying...it wast directed at you.

Do you really believe that? Ok, then by this stage I feel like I've lost all faith in humanity! :eyecrazy:

How is it that I see it completely differently. How difficult is it to understand development is not an exact science and it all takes time ...

I didn't said i belive in any of theese, I just said i see them as possible explanation. U have any other posible explanation? Go on, and post them then.
By this stage I feel like I've lost all faith some can still read and understand ;)

the universal.... auction came at a huge price...... you would have to pay PED to actually collect the gear

Perhaps just let us BID universally. No auto-transport!

We can collect the items at a later date - when it suits us.

This will keep all PP economies working, and space will be useful providing MS owners (& even the rats) benefit from space cargo traffic.

It's a WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN situation.

Perhaps just let us BID universally. No auto-transport!

We can collect the items at a later date - when it suits us.

This will keep all PP economies working, and space will be useful providing MS owners (& even the rats) benefit from space cargo traffic.

It's a WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN situation.

Yes I agree..there certainly should be NO reason why we can't at least bid from other planets.

There are tons of items I would be bidding on (and therefore helping all the economies) when I was busy on some other planet.

As of now, I can safely say there would have been probably 1000 more bids JUST from my avatar over the past year than there was! The fact is, I won't fly somewhere to bid on stuff when I am busy elsewhere (which is most of the time)

If it's really important, I do, but other than that, I ain't going to fly around for 30 minutes one way, get shot down by the same jag-off 3 times even though I have no loot, just to bid on something. MA is killing the economy by not even giving us this little, easy to program, option.

I still think it should be universal, but Shard's idea should be a no-brainer for MA and they should at least do that. But the problem is that MA knows we need stuff, and that stuff is likely on Caly, and as it is now, we HAVE to go there to bid. And that is probably their intention: to keep us off other planets.

is these project dead now ? homepage tells its comming in 2013. Now we have 2014.
Whould be cool to have a Arabic planet as well for all these nice arts from over there.

So now start introduce it please .

I want my ingame shisha i could smoke with some apple tobacco when my loot turns bad ;)

is these project dead now ? homepage tells its comming in 2013. Now we have 2014.
Whould be cool to have a Arabic planet as well for all these nice arts from over there.

So now start introduce it please .

I want my ingame shisha i could smoke with some apple tobacco when my loot turns bad ;)

They posted to their twitter in late 2013 that launch is being postponed to earl 2014. So the project is still alive.

They posted to their twitter in late 2013 that launch is being postponed to earl 2014. So the project is still alive.

That are good news.:yay:
I d found a planet map on its planet toulan page. Its in the second storry book.
A forum exist too they say. Lets see.

im v. excited about this planet and have been since it waas proposed..

abuot AH, i think it should be that you can buy from any auction in univ, and maybe pay a fee for transport. but I also think that on a planet you should only be able to loot ingredients for BPs on that planet, so no lyst, gazz etc on any other planets. then obviously the bPs per planet would me changed appropriately. Then only weapons and armour(hopefully actually crafted) would be traded to other planets.. eventually there will be so many gear with same eco so you will be picking the one u think is prettiest or whatever :silly2:

anyway.. cant wait for toulan, heard there is lots of MF stuff planned.. hope its not too cheesy and contrived, like a arabic RT

im v. excited about this planet and have been since it waas proposed..

abuot AH, i think it should be that you can buy from any auction in univ, and maybe pay a fee for transport. but I also think that on a planet you should only be able to loot ingredients for BPs on that planet, so no lyst, gazz etc on any other planets. then obviously the bPs per planet would me changed appropriately. Then only weapons and armour(hopefully actually crafted) would be traded to other planets.. eventually there will be so many gear with same eco so you will be picking the one u think is prettiest or whatever :silly2:

anyway.. cant wait for toulan, heard there is lots of MF stuff planned.. hope its not too cheesy and contrived, like a arabic RT

The system used to be that you could bid on item's from anywhere but had to either pay a fee or go to the location the item is at to pick it up. I have no idea why they changed the system it used to work fine and ment you actually had the opportunity to bid. As it is atm you have to travel to the planet to bid, meanwhile the item could have been won by someone else while your mid way through space. Please MA change the system back to how it used to be many years ago.

Kaza

The system used to be that you could bid on item's from anywhere but had to either pay a fee or go to the location the item is at to pick it up.

It was before the space, when there were only Caly, CP and CND. Back then it was way more harder to travel, so most of the time it was easier and cheaper just to pay the fee.

As it is atm you have to travel to the planet to bid, meanwhile the item could have been won by someone else while your mid way through space.

That's exactly what I love about the new system. There is no way for resellers and last-minute bidders to herd all the planets at once, and when I see something that I like on another planet's auction, I don't mind to fly there hours in advance.

The old system can be put back, but the interplanetary fee should be huge to kill any resellers' interest.

A 100% true post
I don't always agree with Mr. Tacotuesday, but when I do...it's because of posts like this one.

You are onto something here. They should either remove space or make auctions universal again. I've said this countless times but I don't think MA will ever admit that space sucks and that it needs to be removed because of all the time they spent making it.
The problem is, there are also players who can't wrap their heads around the fact that space hinders EU's success. MA sees players saying space is a good thing and that encourages them to keep it how it is.

Last edited:
Once it reach space station the payout is returned + half (or a divident) of the auction fee is paid to the spaceship pilot/owner. If the ship is attacked and loot is stolen the MS owner will take the loss and the money that should have gone to him go back to the buyer. This way pirates can still try to take down motherships and owners of the ships still make some bucks. The ship owner (that likes lootable pvp so much) then take all the risk as it should be and he get to waste as much time on space as he likes :D

If you want interplanetary trade to grind to a halt, this would be the way to do it. The transport fee would be much too small to motivate anyone to do this, and it doesn't solve the main goal which is TRADE. If pirates attack a transport, what does the buyer care if he gets peds... he needed the goods that now no longer exist because the pirates TT'd them.

Last edited:
If you want interplanetary trade to grind to a halt, this would be the way to do it. The transport fee would be much too small to motivate anyone to do this, and it doesn't solve the main goal which is TRADE. If pirates attack a transport, what does the buyer care if he gets peds... he needed the goods that now no longer exist because the pirates TT'd them.

Why? Of course they don't just bring one stack of 100 ped and the tiny auction fee that has. They should bring 30-50-100-150k at once. It was just a random number that I didn't put to much thought into but a fair split of the auction fee should be more than enough.

Why doesn't it solve it? You can get items or sell items on the planet you are on without it costing you more. That would solve my problem with selling/buying when I'm on a deserted planet like arkadia/rocktropia/cyrene.

Because he can just buy new mats? There has to be a way so that both buyer and seller are protected against that stupid pvp crap that space and this is just one way to solve the problem. The simplest solution would be to remove space and enable free teleporters but I guess MA don't want that since they used alot of time to develope space.

If you want interplanetary trade to continue to grind to a halt, this would be the way to do it. The transport fee would be much too small to motivate anyone to do this, and it doesn't solve the main goal which is TRADE. If pirates attack a transport, what does the buyer care if he gets peds... he needed the goods that now no longer exist because the pirates TT'd them.
Fixed that for you.

The simplest solution would be to remove space and enable free teleporters but I guess MA don't want that since they used alot of time to develope space.
Sadly it's not just the time and money the devs spent. People have collectively spent millions of PEDs on motherships, privateers and other space gear. If space were simply removed, there is the risk of a huge loss of money for MA, in the form of people selling out, ceasing deposits, etc. So, I understand that side of it. Which is why an in-between solution would be best.

Fixed that for you.

Actually, I think it's working pretty well. I'm not saying it's perfect (it's not) but we have separation of planets, the cost for most people to import items is about 5% and there is enough market separation for people who enjoy space trading do it and make some nice profits that way. Those who want instant transport/teleportation between planets I think want to view other planets as if they were land areas belonging to Calypso, not as separate planets... and we see how well that did with NI and RT having only half an economy each and relying on tourism to make up the difference (it didn't work).

If Toulan wants to succeed, they need to have a real, working economy, not be just another land area attached to calypso.

totally not convinced that's official :laugh: maybe tho but i doubt it

Yeah its official if i remember rights it was entropia planets website it had to do with some comic about toulan.

... calling planets "dead" is so damn cliche. Who are you to even talk? The planets are simply different real estate in one big game. Each planet has reasons why you MUST go to it, and smart players know what those reasons are.
Hafta agree, u onto sth here:

Yes, planets can't die just so easily.
Yes, the smart well informed ppl have their reasons to go there.
Yes, they will always remain "another piece of real-estate" even when the local economy dies.
... and No, that wasn't what the PP's had in mind when they started their projects. :silly2:

The economy is real, so calling planets dead is not just a cliche. Those problems are real and have to be fixed. Finding the cure might be a little problematic thou if we keep assuring we're healthy... ;)

Obviously, 2 keywords: "Auction" and "Space".
Ofc MA would rather remove auction system than remove the space (because Universe without space is just silly). Luckily it's not needed too, few adjustments should be enough.

Planet Toulan failed to launch as expected 2013. The question is why didn't it launch?

Planet Toulan failed to launch as expected 2013. The question is why didn't it launch?

Because it will launch in 2014?
It's old news that the launch was delayed to 2014. Everything in EU is always delayed, included updates and launches of new planets. Hopefully they are just late with the development and nothing worse.

i would guess its because of MA ...

but my opinion might not count since i am a frustrated tamer :tongue2:

I'm kinda excited about the prospects of Toulan.

As far as delays go for EU that's normal.

We are coming in the first quarter of 2014 , so keep your eyes on the space .planet toulan

[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2013[/h]

Taming
Many of our more patient participants will be happy to hear that a completely redesigned taming system will be developed in 2013. The new taming system will include many of the features from the pre-CryEngine system, along with many new and exciting features that will expand the utility of tamed creatures. Additionally, one of the upcoming new Entropia Universe planets will make extensive use of the new taming system as a core aspect of the planet’s theme.

So, does the above statement apply to Toulan?

Back