Planet Toulan to become first ever Arabian 3D MMO developed in the Arab World - Zawya (subscription)

Things discussed:
- Arabic game studios in general, 15 in total, number decreasing
- what a word Toulan means, old Arabic word for "magic or beauty of magic"
- Entropia in general
- in the future you can play EU with phone or tablet (refers maybe to the Pet app)

Racism is thinking you know all about someone when in fact you're completely ignorant, and, sad to say, there's a lot of it among EU players... {removed}* The only thing that helps to cure racism is building personal relationships with people, so the introduction of Toulan should have a positive effect on that. I just hope they've taken time to get feedback from experienced EU players so we don't see a repeat of Cyrene's development cycle… designing a planet in an imaginative way, but having to completely redo it to work in the actual game economy. I think developers tend to focus on the eye candy elements instead of the economy, since it's "more fun"; but neglect the economy and the planet will die no matter what else you do with it.

I was impressed to see two women on the dev team. That's probably a higher ratio of women than any of the other planets or MA has.

Edit:Let me say it an other way: America is the melting pot of the world (not sure why that could be considered a RL controversy LOL).

Last edited:
Looking to kill an Efreeti soon :D or Djinn!!

{removed}

The only thing that helps to cure racism is building personal relationships with people, so the introduction of Toulan should have a positive effect on that.
Yes! Welcome Planet Toulan, we need you guys here, for so many reasons that go beyond this game. And it's not just a game anyway... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
--mod's comment--

We are all together here playing a sci-fi game where, in the back story, we sought other worlds to help us with our problems on Earth.

We found that planet. It's called Calypso. But when we got there, we found the robot scouts and automated systems we sent ahead of us somehow got usurped by something evil, and we had to fight them for years (are still fighting them) meanwhile trying to hunt and mine for resources we can use to craft items, make clothes, etc. to improve ourselves.

This "their country vs our country" crap belongs on Earth in the past, NOT on sci-fi Calypso, or its neighboring planets.

--/mod's comment--

Holy hell, I swear my last comment that got removed did not contain anything remotely controversial. It might have been for a short time until I edited it. After that it was a legitimate question based on the language of the clip. There was no reason to remove my post in its final form. This really goes too far now.

:(

Edit: Since I got a retarded message, let me make clear that I really mean MIGHT. I didn't think the original post was controversial. I was just trying to be nice and edited it just to make SURE not to hurt anybody's feelings. I just mentioned the edit because I don't lie, not even be omission.

Last edited:
Audrey, considering everything in EU is in English, plus multiple other languages, I saw nothing nice in your past comment and removed it to steer from issues. That is not frying to imply you meant anything malicious.

If you wish to discuss with me, please PM me.

Audrey, considering everything in EU is in English, plus multiple other languages, I saw nothing nice in your past comment and removed it to steer from issues. That is not trying to imply you meant anything malicious.

If you wish to discuss with me, please PM me.

Nah, I'm good. :) Please note that I didn't complain about the other removed comments. I know when I am not being politically correct. ;)

On the topic of the languages available on Toulan for item descriptions and so on I think you're right that they will probably include English. On the other hand I would not be too surprised if they cater to their Arabic customers first and the rest later.

On the topic of the languages available on Toulan for item descriptions and so on I think you're right that they will probably include English. On the other hand I would not be too surprised if they cater to their Arabic customers first and the rest later.

Real feeling of being abroad.
Big names in foreign language and small ones in common language.

I really look forward to discovering something new, something exotic, other culture.
On the other hand, friends from States now need to be very careful with making acquaintances. Big brother is watching.

If it turns out the way I think, this may be the best thing that happened to the game!
I am very exited!

The headline is at least "The first Arab company to develop a 100% computer games - Tech 4"... ;)
Color me slow, but:
- "Tech 4"? What's this? I know of iD Tech 4, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with EU.
- "Arab company"? Arabs are a homogenous group?

Try Google - or even Twitter (https://twitter.com/BBC_4tech): "BBC 4Tech - BBC Arabic's weekly technology , Innovation, and cyber space programme."
Mea culpa. I'm such a traditionalist I don't even use that "twitter" thing you suggested.

I wasn't aware that Arabs were developed by BBC. I thought they came from the middle east or northern Africa.

I still have issues understanding how BBC created them all from BBC's "Tech 4", but what do I know - I'm just a software developer. Perhaps BBC extended the East India Company, in not only geographical scope?

And what's with the silly "programme" thing? Youe donte thinke Ie cane adde ane 'e'e aftere everye worde tooe, ehe? (I know, I know, 4 weeks in detention for criticising by making fun of a mod in public - just like a wanna-be North Korea or DDR).

I guess there are no Arabic speaking players to translate it. Maybe I will email BBC and get a transcript.

Things discussed:
- Arabic game studios in general, 15 in total, number decreasing
- what a word Toulan means, old Arabic word for "magic or beauty of magic"
- Entropia in general
- in the future you can play EU with phone or tablet (refers maybe to the Pet app)

Pyhä, gives a good brief translation of what was said in the interview. It is more about game development in the Arab world and does not go into too much detail about EU.

Nothing said about release date, taming, real economy or anything that would specifically interest the EU community.

HOWEVER!!, I did write an email to beladcom after I saw the interview and ask when the game will be available. They said tomorrow and I received that email yesterday !

Pyhä, gives a good brief translation of what was said in the interview. It is more about game development in the Arab world and does not go into too much detail about EU.

Nothing said about release date, taming, real economy or anything that would specifically interest the EU community.

HOWEVER!!, I did write an email to beladcom after I saw the interview and ask when the game will be available. They said tomorrow and I received that email yesterday !

I was hoping that Toulein will come today. And it make sense after so much quiet time. Lets wait and see.

I see Toulan as potentially bringing in many players.

The problem for any new PP is which niche to aim for. The Arabic-speaking world is huge, spanning north Africa into the Middle East, and its probably for the most part untapped by EU.

The biggest problem I foresee is struggling to decipher what they're saying!

The huge significance of Toulan cannot be overstated, in my opinion. Let's hope MA/Beladcom get this right.

My english is not verry good, but T-o-u-l-a-n is spelled different than t-a-m-i-n-g so I guess it doesnt mean that.
I think I read somewhere (or did I imagine it?) that taming will be an important system on Toulan. Perhaps that's what Pyhä Antero is thinking about.

I think I read somewhere (or did I imagine it?) that taming will be an important system on Toulan. Perhaps that's what Pyhä Antero is thinking about.

I think someone from MA said here on forums once, something like that. but it was also said Cyrene Mechs, so who knows. (but it looks like we find out soon!)

Have they had registration and download avalible from their site before? Possible to register and download the client from their site now atlest :wtg:

I also remember something like that, but I don't think it was official. Or it was for some future planet and players connected that to Toulan. Anyway when they said taming is only on a napkin we can forget about it for then next 5 years or even forever.

Nice looking website and forum template. I actually kinda feel bad for giving them a hard time the other day, honestly never thought it would launch..thought it would turn out like planet jackson :dunce:

Nice looking website and forum template. I actually kinda feel bad for giving them a hard time the other day, honestly never thought it would launch..thought it would turn out like planet jackson :dunce:
Yeah and their pictures of game play shows a whole lot of new things. New clothes, weapons, and some awesome freaky mobs!! This looks amazing. :yay:

Back