Entropia Universe 14.3.0.1 Release Notes

Ok, lets have one more patch so we can play again! :D

Disconnects is because the server crashes
I am currently looking in to this matter about mob hit boxes yet again, can you provide me with the creatures you hunt which does not feel the same as before?

Can you provide me with additional creature which you feel is not the same?

Can you provide me with some creature which you believe are affected by this?

Its Ambulimax.

Having hunted Droka both before and after 0.1, what is it that you don't like ?

By the way, hit boxes are definitely not boxes any more, you can shoot at both legs of droka, and the space inbtween does not register as a mob.

With no auto targeting holding you aim steady in middle of torso you will miss from time 2 time because there is dead spots/ hitbox disappear when animation is made.

And it`s still hitboxes only now they divided into more than 1 ,before it was just one big :)

250px-Hitbox.jpg

Befor it whas more like this
standing_smg1.jpg

Last edited:
Its Ambulimax.

Alread before VU, to hit ambulimax was creating problem with rifles or carabines. Most of the time you got the message "failed to move with interaction range", even on a flat ground, and could only shoot them when you were face to face (or face to ass, i never distinguish front from back with them)...

Last edited:
I am currently looking in to this matter about mob hit boxes yet again, can you provide me with the creatures you hunt which does not feel the same as before?

I am currently on Cyrene and can only name mobs from this planet atm.

Flying mobs (Sea Wraith, Sky Wraith, Flesh Ripper) cannot be hunted normally atm due to the hit box issue.

For Rhino Beetle (a big non flying mob) the situation is better after the patch but we cannot say it is now as it was before VU 14.3. Hit box is still too small.

There is more hitboxes now. Is about a new logic hitboxes. This message with the picture should be added in client loader so players know about it:
vu14-3-feffoid-physical-model-jpg.6651

"This is what the phys proxy of the Feffoid looks like right now, there are some obvious gaps where you will miss if you shoot. Most creatures have similar errors, some better but most a lot worse. We are in the process of fixing these as fast as we can." - Kim|Calypso

"This is what the phys proxy of the Feffoid looks like right now, there are some obvious gaps where you will miss if you shoot. Most creatures have similar errors, some better but most a lot worse. We are in the process of fixing these as fast as we can." - Kim|Calypso

Please please dont tell me that is an recent post... they cant posibly let it go live this way.. can they?

i hoped it would be better on caly

but i can kill like 3 combibos till i crash...

oh well lets wait

minipatch from hell?

Last edited:
There is more hitboxes now. Is about a new logic hitboxes. This message with the picture should be added in client loader so players know about it:

No wonder that it doesn't work...

I logged in, killed few mobs, crashed.
Not fixed,

Seems I'm playing in a different universe, since I rarely get the disconnects...

Hope they sort this out soon for the rest of you guys.

So I MAY have a workaround for the crashes. I've set all graphics and audio levels to Safe Mode and so far have been able to maintain an uptime of half an hour and still going (confirmed by pressing "U' for session time).

Will edit post as I go to see if this continues to work.

EDIT: Well so much for that. Made it 1 hour and 40 minutes before being dc'd. Better than normal though.

P.S. Running 64-bit client on Win 7 x64 machine with 9800 GTX Nvidia graphics card (can easily push High graphics in all environments).

Last edited:
Something comes to mind about trying to get a fuck in a whorehouse or was it a piss up in a brewery? :scratch2:

lmao....imagen and FPS with that "some gaps":handgun:....hehehe well that explains it all ,picture says more than..:confused:

• Client stability has been improved
  • Auto target logic on has been adjusted
  • Hit box logic has been updated

That's good - you went from 10 minutes till I get disconnected to 15 minutes since the new patch.

I trust you will endeavor to improve on this before the weekend. :yup:

I dont want to wear the GC reader batteries out, it takes about 30 seconds to log in after all!

Those that do those instances that you can only do once, I really wouldn't do them right now though....

sleeping_cat.jpg

Last edited:
i did some testing seems high and very high shaders seem to be the problem on xp 32

game ran smoothly on safe mode

i had high shaders before and still the lighting of my hovercraft was bugged

Failure is not an option...

From the Immortal words of James Lovell (Commander of the Apollo 13 mmon mission.)

mindark13.jpg

I mean come on MA, you give us this little fix and it still doesn't work? If they put you in charge of NASA back in 1970, and you had to get 3 men home from the moon before their resources ran out, in just 55 hours, this would be at most a feeble atttempt at trying... Try Harder... bec ause failure is not an option here. It's costing the players enjoyment of the game, plus you, money.. don't you want that? The money that is.. After all, we're paying your bills.

I mean Mission Control lead Gene Krantz would be appalled if he saw this.. Really he would.. After all, Failure is not an option.. Seriously it's not an option if you are not going to sit down and really work on these issues ..

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Callsign "Coyote")
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

Last edited:
booted in less than 5 mins after log in. logged in like 10 times today and every time i tried to go to trade terminal or repair terminal or even change tps, i get disconnected. Before mini patch i was able to shoot for 10 mins or so before getting disconnected, but still had very frequent crashes. after minipatch CTDs are more frequent. now im being booted within minutes after i log in. how long can we expect these bugs to last?

Move to another server. Some areas are very stable.

That's good - you went from 10 minutes till I get disconnected to 15 minutes since the new patch.

Most crashes seem server crashes. Some areas are very unstable, others less so.

Most crashes seem server crashes. Some areas are very unstable, others less so.
thanks, but i'm just sick of having to log in, just to get booted right away. i'm gonna give the game a few days, hope they get their sh!t together and fix all bugs

game ran smoothly on safe mode

That's not much of an upgrade, if I wanted to play Entropia in safe mode I'd be more inclined to play Jetpac!

Last edited:
Well I decided to try one more time for today and...

In the last 20 mins I tried to logon 3 times and got timeouts every time when trying to logon. Never got past entering GC code...

Looks like it will be quite a long time before this game will be playable.

Most of my constant DCs (every 5 minutes or so) happen around camp icarus, it seems.

Other places I have been spending time in, have been alot more stable.

Assume it is a server issue since I am able to be logged in for at least an hour in most other places.

Most of my constant DCs (every 5 minutes or so) happen around camp icarus, it seems.

Other places I have been spending time in, have been alot more stable.

Assume it is a server issue since I am able to be logged in for at least an hour in most other places.

Yes, I am beginning to think that they are taking the servers down one by one to work on them.

Disconnects is because the server crashes

Can you provide me with additional creature which you feel is not the same?

Can you provide me with some creature which you believe are affected by this?

Atrox (to short)

I can log in and hunt reliably (woohoo!)

But now I noticed CLDs (and all other deed type items) are listed as TT+ not TT+%

That's going to make it a little harder to calculate MU when sorting in the Auction.

I know: Adapt or die.

Back