Entropia Universe 14.3.0.1 Release Notes

auch i didnt know MA can make much worse pathc then the 14.3:/
but they did it:/
i got dc on the 14.3 every hour or half hour. now with the 14.3.0.1 i get dc every minute./
i know its not easy to make stable game but still....:/ i want to ask only 1 question.
After 3 day of waiting when can i start playing entropia again?

sry my english is bad.

• Hit box logic has been updated

Originally Posted Here

Madana, Riptor, Oratan, Magurg etc. all have tiny hitboxes still on Arkadia. Since the mobs have weird and quick/hectical movement, the loss of ammo due to missing the mob, even when you stand right in front of it, is immence especially when trying long range the % of not hitting the tiny hitbox is very high. and yes, the shots not hitting the mob that way count as loss.

Please have a look into this (again).

Thx

Last edited:
The Port Atlantis server seems to be particularly unstable (max of about 5 mins logged on).

However, I think the client still has issues - just standing still in PA mall by the auctioneer, I noticed the memory usage of the client was constantly increasing by about 3 meg every minute until the disconnect (64bit client). Obviously with 64bits of memory to chew through, it might not show up for a while, but it still seems like a leak.

Havent noticed the hit box issues, is it only for people manually targeting? Havent fought many mobs due to crashes, but the small ones I have fought seem same as before with auto targeting.

its bad ma still no news abut hangars after so long time:scratch2:

But now I noticed CLDs (and all other deed type items) are listed as TT+ not TT+%

That's going to make it a little harder to calculate MU when sorting in the Auction.

It's the CLDs here that are problematic - usually estate deeds aren't stackable. For, for instance, an apartment it makes more sense than 200 ped rather than say 200000000%.

Maybe for items that are stackable but has a negligible TT value (deeds, fruit etc) should have the markup counted in a third way: ped/each (with two or three decimals).

One thing that I guess would be nice would be to separate the different type of estate deeds in auction and that they alos have separate auction history. Let's say land areas, houses, apartments, shops, "CLDs", and ´misc´ (hangars, malls, banks, outdoor ad poles, planets, asteroids, moons etc).
I guess especially separating the CLDs in auction would be nice for those who are looking for apartments.

Last edited:
Like MA inform os...

•Client stability has been improved
•Auto target logic on has been adjusted
•Hit box logic has been updated

But they dont tell os its has been fixed.:rolleyes:

Haven't had and crashes since I got home from work 2 hours ago. I didn't see anything download as an update but it seems to be fixed?

Edit: NVM soon as I hit post EU crashed. Go figure. :(

I'm unable to launch the game, anyone else have this problem?

First time after updated I started the game, I got in but got DC'd immediately, now when I'm starting up the client it closes itself right after I start it.

:scratch2:

I'm unable to launch the game, anyone else have this problem?

First time after updated I started the game, I got in but got DC'd immediately, now when I'm starting up the client it closes itself right after I start it.

:scratch2:

That was happening to me last night so I decided to stop and won't seriously try until we get another patch or two.

I am stoping with playing this game untill next patch.

Disconecting 5 times in 20 minutes is just to much.

That was happening to me last night so I decided to stop and won't seriously try until we get another patch or two.

I managed to resolve my problem by using the client loaders Repair client function. Who'd known, that thing actually does something :laugh:

Yes, I found repair doesn't help much since most of the crashes that I have seen are server side. I have found away around this issue and yesterday was on for a good 8+ hours without any issues.

Found if you move away from any people or mobs and just go dung hunting all seems fine. Just areas that have a lot of mobs and/or people will crash the server.

So if you don't want to go dung hunting :)rolleyes:), try mining.

And also if you do crash be sure to give it about 5 minutes before you log back in..I found that is ample time for the area's server to reboot.

Happy Friday to all..have fun!

Yesterday after the 2nd small hotfix all was working well. I could hunt for an hour before a disconnect.

But now, I just tried hunting for I think the last half hour. I'm hunting rippersnappers, not a single soul around and in a very low spawn area.

- I got about 3-4 disconnects.
- I died a few times because the lag I'm suffering makes it hard to timely switch to a healing tool.
- The hitboxes for rippersnappers are a joke, I'm only able to target them either very very far away, or when they are close enough to hit me.
- When equipping my s.i.h.e.a.r.t. and when a new mob spawns around me, I get a micro lagspike. (which is helpfull for mobs, a bit annoying for my healing tool.)

The only good thing I noticed is that when I get a disconnect, my weapon gets a small 'rollback' on the decay :wtg: Assuming that is a compromise MA is giving.

I understand that MA tries his best to fix things. But for gods sake just tell us what the hell you are working on, give us an ETA when you expect it to be done. Etc. Keep the players informed, because that is the least that can be done.

For now, I'm going to wait a few hours in the hope I can play a little better again when there are less people online.

Edit*

After reinstalling entropia, I did the following and only get a DC every 20-30 minutes now:
Only downloaded calypso, changed my connection from 10mbit to 6mbit, have shadowing and textures on low, rest of my graphics on medium.
Still suffer from lag, but I'll manage.

Last edited:
I managed to resolve my problem by using the client loaders Repair client function. Who'd known, that thing actually does something :laugh:

I've tried that and still get disconnects every 10 mins...

I can go for an hour without dc, it all depends on which server you hunt, amethera servers seems to be more stable in general so thats where I hangout.
I have also lowerd some graphics settings like Linz, so I do ok

getting better :) (finally)

on arkadia huge dc evry 5 min ,people are really angry :mad::mad:

Last night I could stay on for about 30 mins but today it's only 10 mins. Getting worse, not better. :(

I was on for hours this morning and my session included space travel. I was disconnected once on a planet and only once in space.. logged back in and obviously died but I wasn't stuck in space and was able to make the interplanetary travels without issues the second time around.

Definitely more stable today for my 64 bit system.

you just got lucky that is all. It is terrible. DC every 5-10 mins. Game is unplayable.

I agree its unplayable. The good side is loot is not lost when I DC and kills register (for Iron missions etc), however, all skills gained are lost when you get back online. Awful news for a noob like me intent on skilling.

I have run the repair tool, run it on 32 Bit and even in safe mode but 5 mins seems the max I can manage online.

Im tempted to give up and go back to Eve online. CCP have a bad rep of never listening to players but its nothing compared to this!!

smacky smacky, gonna open a can of whoop ass here, what is the story with the game freezin every few minutes its driving me insane, new pc, fresh install, repair on the old pc, reinstall on the old pc iv tried just about everything. I dont get how some players can play for a few hours and some only few minutes, why not roll it back? that would make more sense until its fully tested and working right, thats if there is a backup...

anyways next crash im going out to get hammered drunk, nice one mindark

I just lasted 20 seconds.

Once again I just got DC'd and lost (for me) loads of skills. Whats the point in playing if you cant progress. MA need to sort this quickly or people will be leaving. I'm off to play games I haven't played in months and I don't know if Ill bother coming back.

Yep seems I spoke too soon in my last post. On calypso it is not too bad but as soon as you land on Rocktropia for example, it disconnects every few mins then refuses to let you log in and feeds to another server. Space travel is still fine for me.

Calypso sure is more stable than the other planets it seems.

Back