Entropia Universe 14.3.0.1 Release Notes

Bummer?

It is to be expected that there will be issues after a major VU. I know you are bummed, as am I. But it is what it is. I know MA is going to take a bit of a beating on this with deposits, cause I know I am holding mine back until it is fixed properly. And profit loss is motivation, no matter the industry. So, let's just breathe a little bit, relax, and find something else to do for a few more days and give them a chance to sort it out. If you are repeatedly getting dc and banging your head on the wall, then the frustration build up is on your end as well.

It can never be fully tested on test servers, thats why.

smacky smacky, gonna open a can of whoop ass here, what is the story with the game freezin every few minutes its driving me insane, new pc, fresh install, repair on the old pc, reinstall on the old pc iv tried just about everything. I dont get how some players can play for a few hours and some only few minutes, why not roll it back? that would make more sense until its fully tested and working right, thats if there is a backup...

anyways next crash im going out to get hammered drunk, nice one mindark

Agreed but you should have a roll back plan and when it is obvious that your new patch is going to screw your business, you roll back and think again!

hmmm wierd yet eerily cool

so ive been running round a ghost calypso for half hour now ..
no teleports work no mobs anywhere cant spawn cant revive (altho nothing to kill me )
suffering no falling damage well verry little .. and ive constantly got the safe arrival "orb" around me
im enjoying this unusual sition as much to explore .. "can walk through some walls and things"

but what i can understand is how this has happened .. :)
i mean shoulda gone lost connection or somthing
now understand i can see anyone online and logging on / off
but no one will reply to me in pm ... there is "NOTHING" hppening in chat no globals nothing ...
not one red / orang / blue /yellow dot on the radar at all

now starting to wonder if i somhow ended up on the test server ...
realy strange its like running ur own ameserver without having put anything in it .. anyone ran a RSPS (runescape server)

its playable but nothing there ...
any ideas?

and i know it sounds stupid .. im not lying / joking anything im serious
i just wish there was somthing to kill as i guess with the Safe arrival orb .. id be invincible ? :)

Its something about new servers capacity.After the VA I sweat at an outpost without avatar traffic and about 5-6 mobs at radar range.Yesterday I had no disconnects but tonight when all Entropians logged every 5-10 min I was out.As time pass conection is more stable but I don't think is time to hunt,shooting and faping lags and some mobs need the old time axes to aim at that's another issue.Sweating gives free skills ,ppl that pass in this whilderness fap me(thanks all), I give oil for vehicles for some drunk drivers- pilots that come close ,its nice and relaxing especially after heavy drinking,enjoy all a new patch is coming.

oops, wrong thread

MA sort this damn **** out. It's gone from relatively stable to absolutely discracefull. Really is DC every two minutes and spawns you all over the planet!

Trying to claw back some peds if ya don't mind.

wooo hooo i kill one aurli at cp got a 2 pedder now take anther 5 min to log on

i guest i will come back in a few week or a month when they decide to fix the problem

guest only the chosen one cant go a loot the new stuff

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Entropia-Universe/474792985904356 said:
Dear all, the developers are working hard to resolve the current issues with instability in the system. We are sorry that our status updates have been to scarce during the weekend.

A number of stability issues have been identified and a series of server patches will be applied during the day. Applying the server patches will in the worst scenario look like a disconnect to any participant currently on the server in question.

A client patch addressing issues found in the client is also being prepared. We don't have a release time specified yet but the patch process will look like any other patch with an inworld message followed by a restart where the clientloader will patch itself.

Once again we are very sorry for the problems this has caused you and your experience of Entropia Universe. We kindly ask you to keep posting your crash reports, file support cases etc.

Hey!

Quoted Mindark announcement from facebook, I will post when I have more detailed information.

Regards

hey joakim are u guys trying to fix the XP freezing problem? just like to know will i ever be able to play again

Hey!

Quoted Mindark announcement from facebook, I will post when I have more detailed information.

Regards

Off topic,

Hi Joakim,

Could you please specify in what exactly what position you are? Mindark or Planet Calypso employee, perhaps both?

Thanks in advance,

My deepest apologies for posting an ¨off topic¨.

hey joakim are u guys trying to fix the XP freezing problem? just like to know will i ever be able to play again

Like I said in the other thread, XP is old and unsupported by MA, Microsoft and the rest of the world. If the upcoming patches fix the problems for XP too then you are lucky. If the patches fix it for vista, Win7 and Win8 but not XP then you need to upgrade your software.

Anyway, I still recommend you to upgrade your software anyway, XP will become a security problem since there will not be any updates released anymore.

Hey!

Regards

oh jeez , Facebook ?

Why not add this message to the Clientloader and also post in this forum?

Not everyone uses facebook you know.

Im sorry MA but you really need to sort your communication out .

Entropia Universe 14.3.0.1 Update

Statement from Mindark

Dear Entropians,

Our developers are working hard to resolve the current issues with instability in the system. We are sorry that our status updates have been to scarce during the weekend.

A number of stability issues have been identified and a series of server patches will be applied during the day. Applying the server patches will in the worst scenario look like a disconnect to any participant currently on the server in question.

A client patch addressing issues found in the client is also being prepared. We don't have a release time specified yet but the patch process will look like any other patch with an inworld message followed by a restart where the clientloader will patch itself.

Once again we are very sorry for the problems this has caused you and your experience of Entropia Universe. We kindly ask you to keep posting your crash reports, file support cases etc.

http://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/pages/2013/09/30/9755/index.xml

Bertha is a bit slow

Like I said in the other thread, XP is old and unsupported by MA, Microsoft and the rest of the world. If the upcoming patches fix the problems for XP too then you are lucky. If the patches fix it for vista, Win7 and Win8 but not XP then you need to upgrade your software.

Anyway, I still recommend you to upgrade your software anyway, XP will become a security problem since there will not be any updates released anymore.

it worked fine before and it works perfectly in other games so im not gonna upgrade my windows just cause MA fucked up again.. or atleast wont do that anytime soon

Statement from Mindark

Dear Entropians,

Our developers are working hard to resolve the current issues with instability in the system. We are sorry that our status updates have been to scarce during the weekend.

http://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/pages/2013/09/30/9755/index.xml

Bertha is a bit slow

Fortunately Joakim is not, check post number 130 in this thread....

it'ss not that MA fucked up, it's MA doesn't give a fuck anymore to XP

If they say there able to throw in "some server patches during the day" it beggers belief that they didn't work an extra day during the weekend and do it Saturday..

Has there been any as of yet ? time to find out.

Off topic,

Hi Joakim,

Could you please specify in what exactly what position you are? Mindark or Planet Calypso employee, perhaps both?

Thanks in advance,

My deepest apologies for posting an ¨off topic¨.

Planet Calypso, I messed up with the avatar.

Regards

Planet Calypso, I messed up with the avatar.

Regards

Thank you for clarifying that. Care to share with us in regards to your position at Planet Calypso so that we don't bombard you with questions that you can not answer.

Rgds

ps, keep up the good work.

oh jeez , Facebook ?

Why not add this message to the Clientloader and also post in this forum?

Not everyone uses facebook you know.

Im sorry MA but you really need to sort your communication out .

hey man

you do understand this is a planet partner forum.
this is NOT a MINDARK forum/site :scratch2:
if they post here we should be gratefully even when that sound a bit weird with often the lack on info so here and there.
on the other hand I can understand that they relaes as minor info possible, it can change economy before its tended.

its better to wonder why they did not post anything on their latest buzzzzzzz page.
but hey MA is getting better in communication though.

oh shit now I broke the prommise I made to myself not to post on here other then in my service / buying post .
Grrrrrr damn

your post is inaccurate

Support for Windows XP is ending on April 8, 2014.

Nobody cares about XP anymore, Microsoft pulled support for it long ago

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/end-support-help

Support for Windows XP is ending on April 8, 2014.

i guess you are wrong to tell others nobody cares, because some people still do. ;)

Last edited:
hey man

you do understand this is a planet partner forum.
this is NOT a MINDARK forum/site :scratch2:
if they post here we should be gratefully even when that sound a bit weird with often the lack on info so here and there.
on the other hand I can understand that they relaes as minor info possible, it can change economy before its tended.

for one this PP is owned by MA, with some players said to have a share in the profits, so it is understandable that this confusion exists, it is a confusion they created themselves when they decided to go the route they chose to with their product and i believe they even share a office so if needed a calypso employee could shout across to the next cubicle, or smack the MA employee over the head by the water-cooler if needed. :p
and if anyone should be grateful it is the PP's and MA that people pay to use their product, it is in MA's interest to communicate as much as possible in as many places as possible, they are also not really known for their communication with their customers on what is now their forum, so from my point of view the confusion, problem and the solution all lie within MA's hands and if they want customers, and happy customers, it is up to them not the customers to communicate.

Nice to hear there are some developments.

Please take it as a lessons learned to communicate more. Blend into the community.

The remaining creature hit boxes have now been fixed and are undergoing testing, hopefully we'll be able to patch them in tomorrow.

Hey, Kim, I am stucked in space, was flying from CP to Caly then got a dissconect and I cannot revive to anywhere now

Are the servers down? Why do you lie to people in the CLient Loader? when you says all systems online?

nothing works, TP doesn;t work, Cyclops Depth doesn;t work, space doesn;t work

Damn it!

Im getting so sick of people complaining on MindArk.. they ARE working on it! Just because you're getting DCs here and there is no reason to flame on the forums. If you are trying the repair over and over and over you are just stressing out the servers.

A lot of you guys might have missed an earlier post where its said something in the likes of "Server disconnects Is mostly us patching that specific server"

Back