Search results

1. Karmic

December the end?

Took me a while to finish this up, i will do some year end cleanup posts as well I think but then I'm probably done blogging for a bit, gonna have a busy year out of game ;) To keep the year profitable all i had to do was not take everything in my storage into space and get shot down, so I...
  2. Karmic

Halloween November?

When the patch finally hit I got the chance to craft pretty much all of my storage on Cyrene. The bad news was from a TT return it was pretty much a disaster. The good news was I was hoping for a nice discovery and I did get one! Unfortunately with the losses i was taking i decided to sell...
  3. Karmic

October HallowCyrene

Cyrene is the place to go for cheap skilling hands down. It's also pretty decent for low level players to loot markup from lowish level mobs 40-200 health. The downside is the low level mobs don't seem to care what your evade level is they hit you a lot for a low amount of damage so it's...
  4. Karmic

September for a change

With no events going on this month and the warrior challenge down I thought I'd stick with the robot theme at first and see if I could loot any more high markup guns from Eviscerator. The answer, of course, was yes and they global alright too. After finishing 1k eviscerator and getting a...
  5. Karmic

August, more of the same.

More of the same is a good thing. This month was almost exactly like last month but better. Early on some decent eomon hunts where we had a lot of trouble globalling, we could only get HoFs! Most of the rest of the month was dedicated to the Warrior 5k Mission and the drone III mission...
  6. Karmic

July started so well

Migration! That means, go to cyclops depths while everyone else is on longtooth and Eomon, then do some teamhunts on Eomon. Eomon HOF train A few notable globals on mind reavers and I was even making a small TT profit crafting, the first 10 days or so I could do no wrong. After a...
  7. Karmic

June Musings

This month was more not doing too much at the beginning as you'll see below. Instead of some fun screenshots I'll take the time to muse a little bit on the new patch and some strategic decisions. The beginning of the month was just crafting off my treasure hunting loots and selling aakas...
  8. Karmic

Arkadia May have been a poor choice

The plan was Treasure hunt to unlock Archaeological Lore, use treasure to make a bunch of aakas keys and run the instances, loot arkoins and maybe some UL items to sell for profit. I managed to do all but the last word. I was pretty close to start so it wasn't too hard. Running the...
  9. Karmic

Ahhhh the April

April began where may ended killing more robots and waiting to see where the egg storyline would go. I did take some time to enter a few more land area events and got to put one toward my yearly goals The robots treated me pretty bad, however, mostly lego and troopers with nothing decent to...
  10. Karmic

Mad Marchness

Late on this post because of feffox, didn't have time to do anything but that :( Staying on Rocktropia for the patch was a bust. It looks like they didn't get much of any of their stuff in, including TEN items. Since I had the weapons waiting I went ahead with the plan to kill Motorhead...
  11. Karmic

February TEN planetary events!

February plan was almost immediately scrapped due to the announcement of the TEN events on Arkadia, Rocktropia, and Cyrene. Since getting TEN items is a goal of mine this year I'll be attempting to participate when possible in any event dropping them. Luckily I was already on arkadia...
  12. Karmic

Jan 2013 Back in the Swing

I decided to do a bit of scattered everything this month. Lots of mining for cobalt and belkar, lots of free events on atrox, combibo, even primordial longu (mistake), some wave events, some beacons. Mining went all right, nothing big though and it wasn't paying out like it did right before...
  13. Karmic

Restarting monthly blog 2013

It's been a while since i posted thanks to computer crash and a lot going on IRL. But, a new year seemed like a good enough time to start back up again. I'll try and stay closer in time this year but we need to get through the catchup posts first!. Goals for this year. easy? goals: Continue...
  14. Karmic

Crish

Soo, i had to take an impromptu break for IRL reasons and when I got back home my computer caught a cold and died. This meant a longer break than expected and a hopefully temporary loss of all my spreadsheets. They are on a data drive that I need to fully scan before I spread the cold to my...
  15. Karmic

Prison?

Unfortunately IRL has put me behind in making updates. The prison update for Rocktropia was meant to be a big one, however, the prison did not appeal to me and still not enough new blueprints dropped to be interesting. Crafting I did get a few small weapons bps and finally the missing parts...
  16. Karmic

Back to Caly

Since Next Island's patch won't be for a while and Rocktropia will have a patch soon (hopefully with more blueprints), it's time to go back to Calypso and farm resources and do whatever else can be done. Once again, the plan is to mine for profit selling high markup stuff and keeping low markup...
  17. Karmic

Next Island II The results

Putting my plan into action meant a lot of grinding on little papoo. These guys have very low health, 40-100 or so and run away from you when they get scared. This requires low damage weapons and my usual little mob finisher (TT powerfist) is not useful. Luckily, I packed most of my storage...
  18. Karmic

Next Island I The plan (Kitty discovers Ancient Greece)

While on Rocktropia I saw Kitty discovering things in ancient greece immediately changing my plans. From what I learned about the blueprints the ingredients were not so rare, but, the blueprints had a very low success rate since it was 1 ped of ingredients but a 5 ped finished product. First I...
  19. Karmic

Rocktropia 2.0 prep

Since rocktropia 2.0 is about to be released it's time to give away the end of my Rocktropia 1.0 adventure and the preparations I made for 2.0. I'm guessing in about 12 hours from this post I'll have some idea about how well it's going to go ;) After the missions were removed the obvious...
  20. Karmic

Rocktropia Feb 2011, the Controversy.

Rocktropia's Feb patch quickly became one of the most controversial patches in the game (next to removal of ped in loot, adding footguards, clothes decaying, and changes to tiering). Here are my experiences. I first came up about 16 hours after the patch came live due to work. There was a lot...
  21. Karmic

The Waiting Game

As January wraps up each week brings new hope for a Rocktropia or Next Island VU and the start of the real purpose for this blog; to track my adaptations as new planets come out and hopefully to be on the leading edge of new directions. With no certain time for a patch and having put iron...
  22. Karmic

Missions II Ironing out.

MM is over, I am back on Calypso waiting patiently for new patches to Next island or Rocktropia. Hopefully they will be patched in by the end of January. In the meantime, since I need a lot of Iron to craft off on Rock or NI I think it's finally time to start my long postponed Argonaut Iron...
  23. Karmic

Rocktropia 2010 (before the madness)

I promised myself a trip to Rocktropia as soon as blueprints dropped because i felt they were necessary for the economy to take hold up there. This is another retro post since RT patched in a few missions, a few more blueprints, and a lot of complaining. That is a post for another day though...
  24. Karmic

Making Mayhem of Merriment

The plan looked so good on paper. Get two or possibly even three groups going, win cat 3, get a couple more armguards from the other groups, maybe even a set of armor from a second team in the top 3. This was the first merry Mayhem I was participating in directly, friends had joined support...
  25. Karmic

Harbinger II the results

It all started with the steel birds. Day 1 saw Minopolis as the crowded campground, based on my results that day it looked like it was going to take me at least 5 more days to get through the whole thing. Luckily, on the second day I logged in to a swarm of harbingers, minopolis was wiped off...
Back