Search results

1. Growlz

Time - AM and PM

This is naïve. In truth there's a political and emotional process at play. I'm sure Europeans used similar arguments when elbowing into America in previous centuries. "It's for the greater good"... or even "it's for your own good"... Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. What goes around...
  2. Growlz

Time - AM and PM

Agree. AM/PM is for old ladies to agree a time to have tea Seriously though with everyone in different time zones it's much more practical to use 24 hours. This is another US-centric anomaly like having dates the wrong way round.
  3. Growlz

Entropia Universe 15.17.2 Release Notes

**Groan** I can see the hook. Not biting. :nana:
  4. Growlz

Entropia Universe 15.17.2 Release Notes

Total bollox. I'm an old player, I've never liked PVP, I don't like it now. Never once got shot in Amethera and I've hunted there tons. Never done the rig more than a few minutes. Never done a land grab - I just DON'T LIKE IT... Anything not clear about that? Now I have several completely...
  5. Growlz

VU 15.0 bugs

These new automatic health bars that appear over mobs (not the traditional one you can drag to shoot at) They are on top of half my buttons at top centre of screen (which I don't want to move as I play in several screen resolutions on different PCs). Also they're often on top of the dragged...
  6. Growlz

VU 15.0 bugs

I have this issue precisely as you describe it too, and on all my PCs. It's particularly bad if I'm an area surrounded by mobs - swarmed before I get a chance to shoot back.
  7. Growlz

Info: Can't stop playing

Subscribing. Same problem here for a while. I seem to remember it also happened the same a few years back, then cured itself. Curiously when Feffox cave crashes (which is groaningly regular) the problem doesn't arise, only when logging out "properly". Tried the obvious things like repairing...
  8. Growlz

Crashes in Feffox cave

Apart from the fact that the game still crashes with sound off. And who wants to play with no sound anyway? I suspect those unspeakably irritating earthquakes which add nothing whatsoever to the gameplay. Another half-baked botch-job from MA :hammer:
  9. Growlz

New Avatar Pics!

I took on board the comments about ending up dark and fat but still managed to give myself a set of jowls and turkey neck that would embarrass a retired navvy. I was hoping for a rangey, pale boyish look - I'm already old and portly and weather-worn enough in real life without reflecting this...
  10. new ava

new ava

11. Growlz

5 Minutes unexpected downtime today

meh... I'd rather have my throat cut in my bed than have to make it myself :yup:
  12. Growlz

Do we really need night time?

**groan** I'm accused of saying almost the opposite of what I said, not even exactly the opposite. I said that at present a mob that's nearly dead hits just as hard as one which is unwounded. THAT is unrealistic. THAT (amongst other things) already requires the suspension of disbelief...
  13. Growlz

Do we really need night time?

It's just a cute effect that can be irritating. If night didn't happen I wouldn't miss it. The game is hardly realistic fundamentally... these facts spring to mind that can't be explained by some undefined alien technology or peculiar laws of physics: Twenty or thirty bullets in a mob to...
  14. Growlz

Why did MA offer CLDs?

It's really not that hard to see the reason. MA is not a mega-corp but a sizeable business all the same, and the books must be kept in order. This RCE malarkey is uniquely exposed to the world economy. In the old boom times people spent more and credit was easy, peachy, the management could...
  15. Growlz

Stuck on Cyrene Help Please

Same thing happened to me. The problem is you revive into a swarm of mobs unprotected by a turret. In the end I just managed by a whisker to fire up a small tp chip and jump away from the mobs. Took me about twenty or thirty attempts though. Not sure what causes the crashes. Seems there are...
  16. Growlz

Question: Steelbird spawn?

if they're in the air it's a skein :silly2:
  17. Growlz

Question: To busy to see friends who global?

This insult is so mean-spirited and offensive that I was almost tempted to ignore it and walk away. I like receiving gratz and I like giving it. It's harmless. The social element of the game is important to me and to thousands of others. LEAVE US ALONE. We have just as much right to play in...
  18. Growlz

Lvl 50 -> lvl 100

Just read this entire thread. All very interesting and some very intelligent discussion here. I recommend it. Let's not forget though that the vast majority of us play for fun and recreation. Sure we all have limited time and funds but in the end the decision of which route to take in...
  19. Growlz

Ancient Greece

I absolutely agree. I visited NI and AG last year and it would be fun to go back. Quite honestly it's such a faff to get there and back that I can't be arsed.
  20. Growlz

Hunting "misses"

Well said. The human brain is strongly predisposed to perceiving patterns even when they're not there. Someone once "observed" canals on Mars and for centuries after everyone with a telescope confirmed this... pure nonsense of course :laugh:
  21. Growlz

Thud sounds when hit changed after patch...

Sorry, two different meanings of the verb "advise". I meant I wanted some qualitative advice with the factual advice. Yes we were told of the change but not helped to assimilate it - that's where the courtesy comes in. Hey, I'm not a lawyer I'm just a punter.
  22. Growlz

I toned down my post after putting it up because I subsequently discovered that by fiddling with the sliders in sound options the situation can be improved. You still have to make quite a compromise between sounds you do and don't want to hear relative to each other as there are only three...
  23. Growlz

Aside from the comedy (which I appreciate) and the whining (which I tolerate) there's actually a serious element to this. I often play at very low volume to avoid disturbing my housemates and I'm also multitasking (yes I do have a life outside of PE). I rely on the gun-popping sound as a piece...
  24. Growlz

Chipping Optimizer Tool

For even a mildly serious player Skill Scanner and Chipping Optimiser are essential. As mentioned above the achievement is not only creating them but maintaining them for so long. This game would be childish without them. + rep :thumbup:
Back