“Spread the Word” Screenshot Contest

No, but what I am trying to get at is they could give something like a UL CB5 or something that would spark more interest since many of the entries will be from mid level players.

~Danimal

I would rather see them do it like this then:
1) Have a screenshot competition once a month (use screenies for advertisements).
2) Give (L) items as rewards for those.
3) Have a special once-a-year event where the winners for each month is entered.
4) Give an unl. item as price in the once-a-year event.

:)

Have they ever given any valueable unl. item as a reward for something as simple as a screenshot tho? ;)

The thing is, getting an excellent screenshot that truly captures the "beauty, energy and uniqueness of Entropia Universe" is anything but simple.

Marketing and advertising firms can get paid hundreds, or even thousands, of USD for creating images that provide a positive representation of a product.

For five quality screenshots, MindArk is willing to shell out about $300 USD total in weapon (L) TT value for these pictures.

"Simple" screenshots won't win the contest, Nighthawk... nor will they create a winning marketing campaign. :wise:

The thing is, getting an excellent screenshot that truly captures the "beauty, energy and uniqueness of Entropia Universe" is anything but simple.

Marketing and advertising firms can get paid hundreds, or even thousands, of USD for creating images that provide a positive representation of a product.

For five quality screenshots, MindArk is willing to shell out about $300 USD total in weapon (L) TT value for these pictures.

"Simple" screenshots won't win the contest, Nighthawk... nor will they create a winning marketing campaign. :wise:

And... that's pretty much why I asked the question "why did they raise these peds for advertisment if they are making the citizens do it and only willing to pay $300 USD for it at that?"

~Danimal

Exactly.

They could at least shell out a decent prize with the funds they're getting.
I understand that Entropians have a MUCH better idea of what works than any other ad company in the world but, the fact that we're not a company doesn't mean our work has lesser value. Freelancers DO cash in on their hard work, you know...

What key / button takes screenshots? I've never been able to locate it.

And... that's pretty much why I asked the question "why did they raise these peds for advertisment if they are making the citizens do it and only willing to pay $300 USD for it at that?"

~Danimal

It's part of a buzz generation strategy. People will submit artwork. People will then talk about their artwork, generating Google hits. MA will then select an artwork, and label it user artwork within the ad campaign, generating curiosity for what users are doing and can do with the platform, putting to use all the talk that had been previously generated by the users during the contest.

Basically theyre getting 2x the exposure on Google for one activity. I doubt this is the sum of their ad campaign. Its just one part. For the conspiracy theorists or doom and gloomers, this is good use of resources. Plain and simple.

No, but what I am trying to get at is they could give something like a UL CB5 or something that would spark more interest since many of the entries will be from mid level players.

~Danimal

So what you're saying is that you would prefer the prizes to be worth half of what they are offering...

Don't worry though, they'll probably change the rules halfway through the contest as usual.

I'll sit this one out bjorn tyvm. Not in the mood for spreading any word around atm...

Awesome contest! :D

> Screenshots must be uploaded to the Entropia Forum gallery, in the screenshot contest category. Link

Just one last question... this means they are submitted right? I mean you just have to upload them to this gallery category, not add any extra info or anything? :)

EDIT: Maybe we should add which category its supposed to be in the picture info?

you know the game is dead when you see no new post for over 8 hours in a EU news Thread lol

Eh so do we post here or just in that gallery?

Just that gallery.

~Danimal

Jesus, don't like it ... Walk the fuck away ...

If people are bored enough to sweat for 2 ped an hour, sure as hell some are amongst us being more then interested in taking a few photos for a lot more. And why would MA spend more money if they can get it a lot cheaper? Fucking smart move my friend. Now stfu and walk away since you are obviously not interested in it.

Me being an investor am very interested that MA gets some good advertising at minimal cost

Angel

Jesus, don't like it ... Walk the fuck away ...

If people are bored enough to sweat for 2 ped an hour, sure as hell some are amongst us being more then interested in taking a few photos for a lot more. And why would MA spend more money if they can get it a lot cheaper? Fucking smart move my friend. Now stfu and walk away since you are obviously not interested in it.

Me being an investor am very interested that MA gets some good advertising at minimal cost

Angel

Wow, seriously... what is wrong with you? danimal asked a ligit question, and you get all negative and insulting.

:tongue2:

As an "investor", you might want to question what "good" advertising is, and if MindArk actually plans to do it.

Indeed, as an investor you should know that going for too cheap might actually hurt your investment. Markets aren't just numbers, you know. A high quality marketing campaign can really boost a company.

Once upon a time, quality over quantity ruled the markets, now that the opposite has been milked to a recession/crisis, quality is bound to have a positive impact on the markets.

Uploaded 21 pictures :) will see if any of them were good enough :laugh:

Prizes
The winner in each category will receive one Adjusted Isis LR32 (L) [full TT value].

ROFL!

An L-item as prize? Cool idea Bjorn! Since you at MA are not able or willing to fix the Medusa apartments since more than three months, what do you think how many screenshots you will get from me for an L-item? Unbelievable!

Seriously ... in what morbid world do you live?

Note: I spend a lot of time with traveling and exploring. I love Calypso and I got tons of nice screenshots. I would post screenshots from my Medusa apartment too, with real shadows and an unpayable view. But hey! I cannot take them since the apartment is out of function.

Last edited:
what do you think how many screenshots you will get from me for an L-item?

That doesn't matter, they get enough screenshots from people like me who feels an (L) item with decent value is a good enough price for a screenshot contest. It's not like you have to do a lot of editing and stuff.

Besides, if they gave a better price some people (prolly the same people in some cases) would complain about the prize being too good for such a contest.

pfft seems as though no peep about this competition. winners etc... looks like I was right... just another shitty thought up "competition" by mindark that didn't pan out *cough* shop decorating contest *cough* :rolleyes: now this :laugh:

~Danimal

Rules
> Screenshots must be submitted no later than December 8, 2011.

pfft seems as though no peep about this competition. winners etc... looks like I was right... just another shitty thought up "competition" by mindark that didn't pan out *cough* shop decorating contest *cough* :rolleyes: now this :laugh:

~Danimal

Give them some time to look closer at all that screenshots. Didn´t know how many they have received but one day for judging isn´t that much.

Give them some time to look closer at all that screenshots. Didn´t know how many they have received but one day for judging isn´t that much.

There are 1000 pictures in the contest category over at EF, for sure it'll take at least a couple of days even after the loads of pictures breaking the rules (too low resolution for example) and those submitted too late have been removed.

Considering the purpose of the screenies, this is not a decision that should be rushed.

Thanks for all of your submissions. There were many great screenshots, nice work!

We are in the process of going through the submissions, and will announce the winners for each category soon.

Thanks for all of your submissions. There were many great screenshots, nice work!

We are in the process of going through the submissions, and will announce the winners for each category soon.

How soon is soon? :yay:

I assume you'll be able to shorten the list quite a bit by removing those pictures with lower resolution than detailed in the rules :silly2:

How soon is soon? :yay:

Soon means soon. Not soon enough, but sooner than you think.
Or maybe not at all, only time will tell.
The question is the answer, 'round and 'round we go...
Always waiting.

Chrome - 12/14/2011

Back