Help: *PLEASE* Give us a screenshot function!!

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
It's been asked dozens of times

Please give us a screenshot function Mindark, I mean it would take you about an hour of coding time (at most) I'm sure to code one of those little icons - like you did with autotool

It's sadly overlooked and I'm :mad: off pressing ALT+PRNT SCRN for nearly 4 years now.

I think with Windows 7 or with dual video screens it comes out black screen.

So....

PLEASE GIVE US A SCREENSHOT FUNCTION

Thank you for listening. :thumbup:

Get Fraps and bind a key to it. Pretty nice feature.

I guess a screen capture function would be nice for people who don't want to put more programs on their computers though.

yeah i dont like or trust some screen grabber software. i would rather have MA do it. make the code and put our Decays to proper investments, like more functions in game.

With this screenshot function, please allow us to automatically upload screenshots taken by this to some sort of event feature. So we don't have to run 3/4s of all the events via the forum, and can do it all in game. PLEASE.

Yes please, this is very much needed.

Also with some kind of verification code so event managers can confirm the screenshot has not been modified.

And the option to autoscreeenshot globals.

Doesn't CE2 have video- and screencapture as a feature?:scratch2:
If so it shouldn't be too hard to get it in EU/PC, or?

i am currently use fraps.com . i would love to use EU screenshots it will save us to hassles to set them up and put in EF and etc like that. if EU include those in system it will help us speed up very effective.

I have no idea why MA/FPC not include screenshots for EU.. It will give ppl alot happy and it will give ppl more interesting in this game online best that include screenshots. i believe it will boost EU business/rated #1.

Well i dunno...so i agree with Mega.

Will u pls? pls?...IF u do that u will give ppl alot happy and hopeful it will drawn more new ppl to join your game online too.:D

i use Akoz's Entropia Screen Grabber, i dont even know its there.

PLEASE GIVED US A MEMO PAD!!! (Simple things are often missed too) :(

Doesn't CE2 have video- and screencapture as a feature?:scratch2:
If so it shouldn't be too hard to get it in EU/PC, or?

yes it does...
I dont understand why MA buy a 20M € engine , and then dont even use the basic feature out of it....
I think they keep windows close in their car even during bright hot summer and yes , no clim....you never know , its a feature,better not use it.
Maybe they think all other builder and softweare maker are like them...If they use the screen shoot function for their game , they are afraid crytek charge back some more M €

I filed a support case to MA almost 1,5 years ago, asking for cameras to be introduced in EU...

There could be like a "Omegaton PhotoMatic" that you buy from TT that only takes screenshots when you use it, and puts it automatically in the folder "My photos".

Then there could be looted advanced cameras, (L) or UnL.

Before every robot invasion, they send reconnaissance units to strategic outposts to observe their surroundings/resistance, and therefor it could be plausible for these "recon-robots" to have an integrated camera somewhere in their system.

So drop it from a robot or on a future beacon mission :)

These looted cameras should have more advanced features than the TT one, like zooming, night/day mode etc. and effects like sepia, black&white etc. and various other effects/settings normal cameras have.

Maybe there could exist a camera that was an attachment to your helmet/faceguard that autoscreened your globals/hofs, hotkey printscreening and video capture?

/Nestor

Thanks alot!

I filed a support case to MA almost 1,5 years ago, asking for cameras to be introduced in EU...

There could be like a "Omegaton PhotoMatic" that you buy from TT that only takes screenshots when you use it, and puts it automatically in the folder "My photos".

Then there could be looted advanced cameras, (L) or UnL.

Before every robot invasion, they send reconnaissance units to strategic outposts to observe their surroundings/resistance, and therefor it could be plausible for these "recon-robots" to have an integrated camera somewhere in their system.

So drop it from a robot or on a future beacon mission :)

These looted cameras should have more advanced features than the TT one, like zooming, night/day mode etc. and effects like sepia, black&white etc. and various other effects/settings normal cameras have.

Maybe there could exist a camera that was an attachment to your helmet/faceguard that autoscreened your globals/hofs, hotkey printscreening and video capture?

/Nestor

Thanks Nestor! Give MA another reason to take peds away from us! :confused:
Just what everyone wants, to have to pay for the ability to take a screenshot!
Seriously i agree with Mega here, it wouldn't be that hard for MA to include a screenshot option into the game. They could even go one better and also include a movie capture feature as well so that players could create some awesome free publicity videos to upload to YouTube!

Dear MA, we couldn't click on our own, so we complained and you gave us Auto-Use. While you might have thought that we could not have asked for anything less critical than this, we indeed need a screenshot function that, while available even within the operating system, is just too difficult to figure out on our own. Please drop everything and add this in and make sure that it is so easy to use that we don't have to even learn how to use it.

You guys are too funny.

I agree with OP , a screenshot and video feature is much needed for sure.
Yea it needs to be a auto function to. im aware there is some good ones out there allready but this is a function that FPC should implement themself asap.

There is so much use of a good tool like that, security is one reason imo.

Agree with the screen shot and auto screen feature, it could help a lot and was needed long time ago. Video capture feature, why not that to :)

I use some 3rd party screen grabber but would be more then happy to have that implemented in game.

Dear MA, we couldn't click on our own, so we complained and you gave us Auto-Use. While you might have thought that we could not have asked for anything less critical than this, we indeed need a screenshot function that, while available even within the operating system, is just too difficult to figure out on our own. Please drop everything and add this in and make sure that it is so easy to use that we don't have to even learn how to use it.

You guys are too funny.

you are funny...why we have to use third party softweare to make good screenshoot ? why i must use fraps (because if you read the OP he can not use the OS function) to make a screen shoot , when , all is already made in the engine...
Why MA buy a 20M € engine , but dont let player use the screenshoot function they ask since day one...
Thats zillion thread in all forum , and even diferent language that MA read , and player ask for a screenshoot function...
MA just need to let player use it...its there , its ready , its made , and they did pay for it...that function should have come with VU 10...
Why all game have screenfunction ?
Because player use it , they like it and they ask for it...
Why EU is the only game that i know with no screenshoot function ?

It's been asked dozens of times

Please give us a screenshot function Mindark, I mean it would take you about an hour of coding time (at most) I'm sure to code one of those little icons - like you did with autotool

It's sadly overlooked and I'm :mad: off pressing ALT+PRNT SCRN for nearly 4 years now.

I think with Windows 7 or with dual video screens it comes out black screen.

So....

PLEASE GIVE US A SCREENSHOT FUNCTION

Thank you for listening. :thumbup:

use fraps ??? or xfire ?? or the autoscreen grabber or ..... printscreen also works fine ....

Programmers work to specific time slots, theirs always something that has to be done, some deadline to meet. You could add an 'only extra hour' which is never the case, the coding would require someone else who says 'ah yes but what about...'. Say they make a mistake, then you've got 5 screen shots happening ever second until you press the screen shot key again; maybe you press screen shot key once, and after 3hrs you crash the hard drive. So they have to test it, and that invariably takes more time than coding it. So your simple request for 1hr of coding has increased to many more hours of wasted effort.

Anyone admitting to playing for longer than a month and still pressing shift+prtscn is an EPIC FAIL and should be very quiet.... seriously :scratch2:

Please MA, waste time developing shit we don't need. Don't expect it to come with bells and whistles, the storage directory wont be configurable, the format too, expect to take movies? I paid about $15 for fraps around 5 or 6 yrs ago, and it's been updated all the way through to Windows 7, without costing me a penny.

There's dozens of ways to do screenshots, so why should they re-invent the wheel when there's so many other things that they could spend their development resources on to attract new players and give old ones something new to keep them interested?

Besides, these things are never as simple as they seem. If Microsoft can't get print screen to work right, what chance does MA have? How about complaining to Microsoft about fixing print screen in the OS instead? It makes far more sense for Microsoft to provide that functionality for all applications rather than forcing the thousands of software development companies to all develop it themselves.

I say, please MA, don't waste development time on a screenshot feature when there's so many bigger fish to fry, like getting beacon missions, mentoring, mindforce, taming, space flight, etc. back into the game.

There's dozens of ways to do screenshots, so why should they re-invent the wheel when there's so many other things that they could spend their development resources on to attract new players and give old ones something new to keep them interested?

Besides, these things are never as simple as they seem. If Microsoft can't get print screen to work right, what chance does MA have? How about complaining to Microsoft about fixing print screen in the OS instead? It makes far more sense for Microsoft to provide that functionality for all applications rather than forcing the thousands of software development companies to all develop it themselves.

I say, please MA, don't waste development time on a screenshot feature when there's so many bigger fish to fry, like getting beacon missions, mentoring, mindforce, taming, space flight, etc. back into the game.

The engine MA just bouth do it by default...Its just MA who setted it to not work...They just need to enable the function in the game engine setting

A built in auto screen shot function (which includes location and timestamp) would be awesome.

Would improve player based events considerably.

you are funny...why we have to use third party softweare to make good screenshoot ?

Indeed! And why must we get up to get food? MA should have function to feed us. That way we won't lose anytime playing. (Don't get me started on sleeping. Why MA hasn't fixed that, I will never know)

Life is rough, isn't it?

Indeed! And why must we get up to get food? MA should have function to feed us. That way we won't lose anytime playing. (Don't get me started on sleeping. Why MA hasn't fixed that, I will never know)

Life is rough, isn't it?

WTH is your problem? :rolleyes:

Why the smart arse answer when all people are asking is for MA to switch on a feature of the engine?

Jesus anyone would think people were asking you personally to swim to sweden to implement it.

A built in auto screen shot function (which includes location and timestamp) would be awesome.

Would improve player based events considerably.

Definately !!!

Everybody should file this wish to support aswell, and add a Link to this thread.

MA please enable this feature!

Life is rough, isn't it?

yeah ... and even why use computeur and electricity...
Maybe we should all live in cave , and write on stone...

I find the arguments against having this function incorporated unusual at best.

I had a look through some of my old single player games and they usually had it assigned to one of the function keys, typically F9 - F12, sometimes the Prnt Scrn key, but they all saved the pictures either to 'My Documents' or within the game directory with no fuss.

The previous MMO's I played also had this feature, so it just seems to be Entropia as the odd one out.

I do find it strange that people think I am asking for something exotic - ok an hour coding probably was optimistic - might take a day, but it is such a common feature in other leisure software I cant see why it isn't possible.

For those who prefered to use the existing 3rd party solutions, they could carry on using Fraps, Xfire and so on.

Contacted Support:

Dear Support Team,

Me and many others as well would like to be able to have screenshotfunction directly in EU.

CryEngine should include such a feature, it only has to be activated, and a key asigned to it.

A lot better would be an autoscreen option automaticaly including timestamp + coordinates for globals/HoFs.
The autoscreenfeature should be enabled/disabled per ingame options.

Here is a Link to the wishlistthread at entropiaforum.com.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=2288519

Regards

Good idea but not a priority.

It's simple and adds value to the product, so come on MA, please give us this feature. :pic: :)

WTH is your problem? :rolleyes:

Why the smart arse answer when all people are asking is for MA to switch on a feature of the engine?

Jesus anyone would think people were asking you personally to swim to sweden to implement it.

Go through the wish list thread. If you can't find at least three hundred ideas that should be priortized before this, I would be surprised.

Let's work on stuff that would help the game instead of stuff that is already available.

Who would think that people were asking me to swim to sweden to implement this? Jesus?

Leave the smart ass jokes to us smart asses.

Back