20 Years of Entropia Universe!

Also does the hub count? It is a unique area compared to everywhere else in the universe, so I would just like confirmation

The announcement clearly states that "all planets and all mobs" as well as "starting today"

If items can currently only be looted on Calypso right now, the announcement is straight up lying and that calls for an official response (not "I heard a PP official say a MindArk official said this" despite the person in this case having very good monetary motive to NOT make the statement at all and seems to be doing it out of kindness for the players)

If this is a known fact, to the point where a PP official can confidently say "items drop only on caly for now", and no public announcement has been made the moment this was realized, that is a huge issue.

I have spent my time on Caly, so I don't care about the practical issue at hand but if we can't trust the very little official communication we get, what trust could there ever be.

Oh well, for now, it’s still a "i heard them say that someone else say it is this way" for now, I'll believe the official communication we have received.

Last edited:
@Ludvig|MindArk please address each question

Is this another oversight by MindArk?
Currently only TWEN items are lootable on Calypso, is this intentional to get people flocking to Calypso?
Why no post or update from MindArk, this needs to be found out from PPs?
Are you going to release a statement?
When is going to be fixed?
Are we going to get the standard apology and 2 additional days added?

Rant over BUT a response would be appreciated! (Although not optimistic)

Last edited:
Expect, in my opinion, a clarification as clear as ... along the lines of: "During the course of TWEN, content will come and go, with all planets and space being involved. It will, for the most part, be up to players to determine the whens and whats, as important practise for the freer style of content and systems we have planned for UE5."
Occassionally, MA add oversights, errors and gremlins for when the !"§$ really hits the fan. It's the same song we know so well. I'd be surprised at anything different.
Sorry for the cheerfulness, and enjoy what can actually be quite enjoyable were it not for you know what so much of the time.

Why is everyone acting as if someone the MA president came out and said TWEN items can only be looted in caly? The TWEN Opalo was looted in NI. Also is very soon to assume that, calypso is by far the most active planet so it makes the first few items, and the majority, will be looted there. Unless anyone got a direct statement from a MA employee or representative stating just that, you all are lifting pitchforks just for the sake of it.

The opalo was looted in Cyclops Depths, a calypso instance.

The "outrage" comes from a Planet Partner Official stating that items currently only drop on Calypso, and that it was confirmed by MA.
Sorry my bad, I confused Cyclops Depths with the instance in NI. So you are right, however, when did MA confirm this?

Sorry my bad, I confused Cyclops Depths with the instance in NI. So you are right, however, when did MA confirm this?

They didn´t, officially(Which is my main problem with the situation). But the planet partner official said MA said.
[Virtualsense Official DME] : Just got word that TWEN items will be dropping on Calypso only for now, there will be a notice when on other planets.
The Unreal Tokens will continue to drop across the universe
There was ambiguity in their statement and it needed to be clarified

Next Island or
Why is everyone acting as if someone the MA president came out and said TWEN items can only be looted in caly? The TWEN Opalo was looted in NI. Also is very soon to assume that, calypso is by far the most active planet so it makes the first few items, and the majority, will be looted there. Unless anyone got a direct statement from a MA employee or representative stating just that, you all are lifting pitchforks just for the sake of it.
Official on Next Island Forum states
"Planet Partner TWEN edition items are not yet set to drop, only on Calypso right now.
When we get an update about this we will inform the communities.
The Unreal Tokens can drop though on all planets.
"
https://forum.nextisland.com/t/twen-item-drops/1258

DME on Virtual Sense Forum:
"Just to clarify a few things about the announcement I made in our in-game chat channels ...
  • information was received today that the TWEN items are only dropping on Calypso for now
  • a notice will be put out when the Planet Partner TWEN items will come into play
  • Calypso mobs on other planets don't count, it's Calypso server related
  • so the Calypso mobs at our Toulan Fauna & Flora Center don't count
Since Monria is technically on the Calypso server, I asked if TWEN would be included, it would seem logical, but ... I am waiting on getting a definitive response before I can confirm yay or nay. I'll be back to report when I have the answer."
https://www.virtualsense.eu/forum/threads/twen-item-info-general-discussion.9894/#post-65894

Where do you see that the Opalo (old Calypso TT weapon) dropped from a Next Island mob, when it was dropped in Cyclops Depths?

Well, it's an MA celebration, although Caly was of course the only planet 20 years ago.
However, I'd not be impressed as a pp (nor as a player) if it looked too much like Caly having a lengthy event with more drops on the robot special spawns and possibly just nods to pps (and space) with the weakish statement that unreal tokens 'can' be looted anywhere.
The TWEN stuff also looks to be improved originals so far, as pointed out. Where are the improved TWEN versions of names we associate with other planets? It's the feeling I'm getting so far. Whether it is bourne out remains to be seen, but I'm pointing it out from how it has started.

A platform celebrating, but tempting people back overly to the home world along with it, doesn't sit that well with me if this is the path that continues for several months.
game is already absurdly Caly-centric as it is.

pretty cool to finally get to check out one of these events. here's hoping it's more impactful than a handful of robot spawns on caly and a rare chance at eut's across the verse

Next Island or

Official on Next Island Forum states
"Planet Partner TWEN edition items are not yet set to drop, only on Calypso right now.
When we get an update about this we will inform the communities.
The Unreal Tokens can drop though on all planets.
"
https://forum.nextisland.com/t/twen-item-drops/1258

DME on Virtual Sense Forum:
"Just to clarify a few things about the announcement I made in our in-game chat channels ...
  • information was received today that the TWEN items are only dropping on Calypso for now
  • a notice will be put out when the Planet Partner TWEN items will come into play
  • Calypso mobs on other planets don't count, it's Calypso server related
  • so the Calypso mobs at our Toulan Fauna & Flora Center don't count
Since Monria is technically on the Calypso server, I asked if TWEN would be included, it would seem logical, but ... I am waiting on getting a definitive response before I can confirm yay or nay. I'll be back to report when I have the answer."
https://www.virtualsense.eu/forum/threads/twen-item-info-general-discussion.9894/#post-65894

Where do you see that the Opalo (old Calypso TT weapon) dropped from a Next Island mob, when it was dropped in Cyclops Depths?

Why would the planet partners do this? They already get the shitty end of the stick so now they are shooting themselves in the foot with stating unannounced news that curves player behavior? Unfair to the player base (not the pps fault) but now youll have people leaving the planets for Caly.

I appreciate them coming forward with it, but it should come from MA so they can deal with the player base and eat the crow

You ask why. Maybe it's strange outmoded concepts such as decency towards their customers that actually, no, something MA has stated is not actually available yet on their respective planets.
I try to reward this, so feel yet another push of anti-gravity from the western side of space and attraction to one of two planets that are actually beginning to get to a good place. I aim to get a token or two then, which I actually think is a nice move by MA, although it will be a while before it bears any fruit ...
Oh, a third planet is also at least busy with content, but I've not been pulled in. The fourth and fifth seem to be languishing... but people can choose.

Last edited:
You ask why. Maybe it's strange outmoded concepts such as decency towards their customers that actually, no, something MA has stated is not actually available yet on their respective planets.
I try to reward this, so feel yet another push of anti-gravity from the western side of space and attraction to one of two planets that are actually beginning to get to a good place. I aim to get a token or two then, which I actually think is a nice move by MA, although it will be a while before it bears any fruit ...
exactly right. i cheer planet partners for maintaining a sense of duty to honesty and players. that's what we call good customer service.

same but not in this case.

Official PP devs doesn't clear such information for the public especially since its not their planet and it would look extremely bad for cyrene dev to have an opionin about ark items or rocktropia dev to have a clue what's been dropping on calypso.
The most they can do is to advertise items/members on their planet to create some hype on said planet and build a community around it but that's the most they can do and should do.
Collecting some info from tracker or ingame chat and post it as thats the official info is not enough or clear or everything to be known but I get what you want to say.
So you would disregard this as well? And the Virtualsense forum post?

So you would disregard this as well? And the Virtualsense forum post?
Well i get contradictory information and if mindark state something and someone else the opposite i go with mindark until proven otherwise, until then my money is always where my mouth is.on the best planet Calypso.

As there has been some confusion over whether TWEN items drop outside of Calypso or not, I have been asked to make a statement clarifying the matter:
  1. As mentioned in the original announcement, general TWEN Edition items will be dropping on all planets throughout Entropia, starting on January 30th (when the announcement was made). They are not exclusive to Calypso.
  2. Planet Partner specific TWEN items, however, will be released at a later date. This is the case for both Calypso and other planets.

As there has been some confusion over whether TWEN items drop outside of Calypso or not, I have been asked to make a statement clarifying the matter:
  1. As mentioned in the original announcement, general TWEN Edition items will be dropping on all planets throughout Entropia, starting on January 30th (when the announcement was made). They are not exclusive to Calypso.
  2. Planet Partner specific TWEN items, however, will be released at a later date. This is the case for both Calypso and other planets.
pls, define "general TWEN Edition items"... now only is dropping weapons of Calypso, so... i dont understand... Opalo is a "general Twen Edition item"? and Justifier Mk-2? Pls, respect our inteligency...

Thanks! Very clear.

pls, define "general TWEN Edition items"... now only is dropping weapons of Calypso, so... i dont understand... Opalo is a "general Twen Edition item"? and Justifier Mk-2? Pls, respect our inteligency...
Read item (2) again. Should be more clear after that.

Pls, respect our inteligency
Because he does , you should know by now which is a general item and a pp signature item and he doesn't have to provide additional information on that matter.Besides that this is a sand box mmo by design, you should discover stuff by your own and now get definition for every single action, item, etc ingame by dev.

Generic twen item is EUT rest are caly only :D

Any items currently dropping are general TWEN items. No planet specific items (including Calypso specific) have dropped yet.

Any items currently dropping are general TWEN items. No planet specific items (including Calypso specific) have dropped yet.
Thanks for the info, although I'm surprised to discover that the Opallo, the Fire Forge and others are "general TWEN Edition items"... Sorry, i dont buy the explication...

Thanks for the info, although I'm surprised to discover that the Opallo, the Fire Forge and others are "general TWEN Edition items"... Sorry, i dont buy the explication...
Agreed. If anything, those are classic Calypso guns from way way way back.
:beerchug:

So when MA/Ludvig finally gives a clear cut answer, you don't trust it?! Because? Lots of sense is made in this community 😂

Back