Aahhh... the EGG and Deathifier

Deathifier

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zachurm Deathifier Emegen
To the great surprise of the Calypso community I bid on and won the Unique Green Atrox Egg that Neverdie placed on auction recently, paying 696969 PED for it.

I have watched with interest the comments surrounding the auction, the speculation afterwards, and the press releases from Neverdie and First Planet Company (FPC).

Whilst disbelief that I would buy a seemingly useless egg for such a large amount of PED is understandable, the transaction is legitimate – I won the auction, I now own the egg and Neverdie now has a large pile of PED.

Claims that the transaction was just a publicity stunt, that I received part of the purchase price back, or that the transaction included some share of Neverdie’s companies, are all false.

I also do not know what will hatch out of it, and neither does Neverdie.

I do, however, believe that whatever hatches will be unique and interesting, and unique is a valuable label to have in a virtual world whose lifespan will be measured in decades :)

I also believe that FPC has had an “egg plan” for quite some time now and that the effort required to produce VU10 delayed its implementation.
With VU10 done I believe that they may now have time to complete their plan, and I purchased the egg hoping that whatever happens to it will happen this year or early next year.

It was nice to learn what Neverdie will be using the money for – for him the egg has hatched into a tidy profit with which he will fund his next big hit on the dance music scene, “One More Crazy Summer” by Cheri Moon.

I wish Neverdie and Cheri all the best with their endeavours, they sound like a lot of fun :)

For us on Calypso the egg remains shrouded in mystery, waiting silently for whatever trigger will hatch it.

See you around Calypso!
- Deathifier

Will you buy the single “One More Crazy Summer” by Cheri Moon? ;)

Will you buy the single “One More Crazy Summer” by Cheri Moon? ;)

After buying the egg for that amount I belive he deserves a copy for free ! ;)

Good luck Deatifier, keep building your legend ! :)

gratz onthe purchase! It HAS to be something extremely cool , or it will bring huge embarasment to MA/FPC , all this time / speculation for one atrox young to pop up out of it > just think lol .But atrox egg must also hatch something Atrox like from within.(u would think).

so those numbers really are magic :D

Big Gratz on winning the auction Deathifier,
I think its the best possible out come for all who play that it was bought buy another player who has invested so much time as well as Ped in the game.

Goodluck with your big investment & lets all keep our fingers crossed what ever does come out of the EGG does live up to all the hype.
I hope it really does turn out to be something really special for you & then for us all who play :)

Cheers
Kane

(I know, I posted it on EP too, but hey ... so many forums to keep track of... I'm gonna whip myself for that one :D)

Deathfier, it's great to see you bought the egg! I feel something will finaly happen with it now - and I hope for you it will be more than you dreamt of!

You know, three things ... A surprice, something to play with ... and maybe CHOCOLATE NOM NOM NOM

Gratz :D

theegg.gif

I think we know what's inside:

egg.jpg

The yolk might be on you. ;)

Hope it hatches before we all die of old age. :)

So you paid 70k bucks to developer of Rocktropia, and expect FPC to develop something good for you. hmm :scratch2:

was that 6ped TT?

So you paid 70k bucks to developer of Rocktropia, and expect FPC to develop something good for you. hmm :scratch2:

was that 6ped TT?

As far as I remember, MA already when the egg appeared said it would contain something that would 'blow you away' (or something ... don't remember the words).

I believe they will keep that promise, but that they have had a lot of other stuff to make. We can discuss wether it's fair to let it wait for so long - but since we all keep talking about ... ahh the egg ... my guess is we're all waiting impatiently to find out what it carries!

Neverdie took the chance back then - and I guess other people would have taken it, if he didn't come first - as I believe other people would have bought the egg if Deathifier didn't come first! There are save investments and then there's not save but exciting ones! This one is pretty exciting!:lolup:

:)

It HAS to be something extremely cool , or it will bring huge embarasment to MA/FPC

IMO it would be way more embarrassing if MA/FPC "adjusts" the value of what comes out of the thing to the money paid on the first purchase, not to talk about the second one.

Reactions: Xen
IMO it would be way more embarrassing if MA/FPC "adjusts" the value of what comes out of the thing to the money paid on the first purchase, not to talk about the second one.

yep, now let's see how long they gonna make the next owner wait..
let the conspiracy begin :D

was that 6ped TT?

I don't expect my purchase of it to change anything, as I said I believe FPC already has a plan and with VU10 done there's little that'd prevent that plan coming to completion.

I think some really cool stuff might be inside, thoughts that I've built up from watching it over the years and observing how the mystique and commentary around it has evolved.

I could be totally wrong of course, and there'd be nothing wrong with making me look like a complete idiot - not all risks that I take pay off, just go take a look at the popularity of the Letomie, the most expensive of the creatures I assembled last year :)

- Deathifier

I there any way you can put it on display? It'd be a lot of fun and maybe increase some traffic to some of the shops at TI City if people could come see it like a tourist attraction. I'd be happy to let you store it in my apt, Platnium 2A. ;)

I there any way you can put it on display? It'd be a lot of fun and maybe increase some traffic to some of the shops at TI City if people could come see it like a tourist attraction. I'd be happy to let you store it in my apt, Platnium 2A. ;)

yah man, set that thing on display in yer castle ... i know i wonder in there from time to time to see if you have done any decorating, it woudl be nice to see this thing so many ppl have talked about

After buying the egg for that amount I belive he deserves a copy for free ! ;)

Good luck Deatifier, keep building your legend ! :)

ND should fly Deathifier out to the video shoot and give him a cameo appearance in a scene... he did help finance the video after all.

Of course they will.

As far as I remember, MA already when the egg appeared said it would contain something that would 'blow you away' (or something ... don't remember the words) :)

I think it was "take your breath away"

My take on it would be a PED and storage eating pacman like beast that hatches from the egg and eats your ped card and storage so when you sign on *gasp* :eyecrazy: it litterally takes your breath away especially for somone like Deathifier. ;)

Ahhhh................the Egg.

Good luck with it Deathifier :silly2:

If I wasn't playing for many years and just logging in as newbie I would only think of a big money laundring transaction, but hey no worrie it's just EU, it's dynamic, it's not gambling and it's not a game. The only question remains why am I still in it ? :silly2:

The most important question still remains:

Does the participant decides what comes out of it?

I mean will it be different if ND or deathifier are the owners or maybe the original looter never had sold it or anything and it would just sit there in storage, whos owner has quited, sold out and have forgoten about the item?

P.S. i don`t know if the looter still plays or not, just a speculation. :)

The real world publicity benefits Deathifier. Reminding us that he's still insanely developing TI, brings us back onto his land for more fun. It's alot of peds, but who is better placed to benefit from it?

Would I do it? No way, but then again I don't have the foresight to invest heavily in EU, either for TI or pre-gold. I think their are only a few ppl that can fully appreciate the mindset behind this choice.

Here's to hoping it's an invincible pet atrox that bites ppl's heads off, I'd come out for the next LG :silly2:

Grats Deathi but I still think you are crazy :)

I think MA had a plan for the egg at the start.

Neverdie paid way more for it than MA thought was going to happen.
MA had to change the plan.
Now that it has been resold for even more they may have to change the plan again.

I find it astonishing that anyone would pay this amount for it.
I thought no-one would bid and ND would re-list it for ~500k peds and still no-one would bid and he would re-list it again etc.
For this amount of money whatever hatches from it will have to be the best item ever looted in EU.

Here is the bit where I will sound mean. I hope that whatever loots from it is worth less than 696969 PED.
I think that it will set a very bad precendent if MA just increase the loot value depending on the amount paid for something.
A little speculation is a good thing but if MA always give back more than the amount paid for a unique item that contains an unspecified loot then what is to stop avatars paying 1 million or 10 million PEDS in the future?

I still wish Deathifier luck with it ofc. I wouldn't want to see you lose too much peds heh :)

That's just the point, isn't it?

Nothing personal, Deathifier, but you have put MA in a position where they pretty much have to screw you over in order to salvage what little credibility they have left.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but this is 5 or 10 times more than anyone has paid for any event prize in the history of the game, and that's just what you paid. That doesn't include any profit that a typical person would expect to make off of a gamble of that size.

I'm having a hard time seeing how this will end well for anyone.

good post and godo luck :)

Just one Question?

I also do not know what will hatch out of it, and neither does Neverdie.

I do, however, believe that whatever hatches will be unique and interesting, and unique is a valuable label to have in a virtual world whose lifespan will be measured in decades :)

I also believe that FPC has had an “egg plan” for quite some time now and that the effort required to produce VU10 delayed its implementation.

With VU10 done I believe that they may now have time to complete their plan, and I purchased the egg hoping that whatever happens to it will happen this year or early next year.

Where's the Queen that laid that egg? :scratch2:

To the best of my knowlege the only Queens I have ever ran into are on CP space station, dome 4, the Aruli.

And if this is part of the "egg plan" I hope they bring her back, cause like any mom, she may want it back! :eek:

GZ on your new aquisition. I hope you are rewarded for your efforts.

Cheers....

Last edited:
Thanks...

There was an atrox queen as part of this event.

Thanks Rumsponge, I wasn't aware of the Queen in that event, as well as the history.. Only that the egg existed.

Back