Question: Abuse of forum Reaction Score system?

Status
Well, shit. I was gonna stay out of this, but I gotta reply to a few.

Future congratulations on your victory to #1, looks like the tribe has spoken.
(How to reply without sounding like I'm bragging) :dunno:
TBH, I was #1 for years, even after I stopped being so active on the forum. I was really happy for Mega when he finally beat me. (He's sometimes hard to deal with, but honestly, overall he's a good guy and I count him as a friend.) I admit I'm proud of my "rep" in this forum, but if others beat me, good. That means they're adding to the community in a very good way. (useful content, funny/entertaining stuff, bringing in enough friends to the game to become a mob boos, whatever.)

And I wouldn't say only John Capital's posts are almost always great, but Oleg's too.
This, all day long. Oleg knows his shit. Same can be said for you too, Evey.

Damn... I just went through about a year's worth of history and had one big take away: John Capital has devoted his PCF career to contributing to the community.
God damn it, you're gonna make me ?. Thanks man, I really appreciate this comment. Seriously, you don't understand how much this comment means to me.

Last edited:
There are no current (or planned) limitations on use of the reactions system.

Unlike the old reputation score system, reaction score is not used for anything or presented in user profiles, thus there is nothing to be gained by "abusing" the system or accumulating lots of reactions.

The reactions system is intended as a quick and convenient way for members to express feelings about a particular thread or post.
It is an intentionally simple system, and the number of accumulated reactions means very little. In fact, there is no difference between a thumbs up or thumbs down: both count as a single reaction.

Contrast this to the old reputation system, which employed a complex formula to calculate each member's reputation score, their reputation strength, cooldowns, etc. That system led to lots of silly disputes and "rep wars" between members, and required lots of the forum staff's time to referee pointless reputation system mud wrestling matches, which ultimately offered little overall or lasting benefit for the forum community.

Damn when I see big names like JBK, Geo, Messi, Evey and the show you guys are putting up with these DISLIKEs/LIKES and overall. (Over 400 dislikes for OP? Just goes to show hes right about the abuse - Not sure there is other word for this anymore).

I thought you guys are smart, respectable individuals... What the hell?:scratch2:

I thought you understood what the reputation feature of the forum was for. They don't like what junk he is peddling. That's not abuse.

Refer to the definition of abuse earlier in this thread.

Unlike the old reputation score system, reaction score is not used for anything or presented in user profiles, thus there is nothing to be gained by "abusing" the system or accumulating lots of reactions.

The reactions system is intended as a quick and convenient way for members to express feelings about a particular thread or post.
It is an intentionally simple system, and the number of accumulated reactions means very little. In fact, there is no difference between a thumbs up or thumbs down: both count as a single reaction.

Contrast this to the old reputation system, which employed a complex formula to calculate each member's reputation score, their reputation strength, cooldowns, etc. That system led to lots of silly disputes and "rep wars" between members, and required lots of the forum staff's time to referee pointless reputation system mud wrestling matches, which ultimately offered little overall or lasting benefit for the forum community.
ty for that clarification although my life dream is now crushed!!! back to pupugi's i guess :)

I wasn't going to weigh in on this , until I saw that Oleg was getting the beer.

I think I would like some of that beer as well.

So there we go...
The official word on how useless the reaction score is. So we can all stop worrying about it. :D
Like and dislike whatever the hell you want. Whatever makes you happy.

..., and the number of accumulated reactions means very little. In fact, there is no difference between a thumbs up or thumbs down: both count as a single reaction.

So, if I understand correctly, JBK should have been very happy with all the dislikes. As they count the same as likes.

Oh my, all this trouble for nothing. Hilarious!! :ROFLMAO:

So, if I understand correctly, JBK should have been very happy with all the dislikes. As they count the same as likes.

Oh my, all this trouble for nothing. Hilarious!! :ROFLMAO:
as you not understand is it wasnt about me all along - you might want to read back for context ;p
And maybe you will get then that if i like or not like my wife on a public forum shouldnt be your issue or megas to waste your time on ;)

as you not understand is it wasnt about me all along - you might want to read back for context ;p
And maybe you will get then that if i like or not like my wife on a public forum shouldnt be your issue or megas to waste your time on ;)

as I said, JBK should have been very happy with all the dislikes. As they count the same as likes.
Or can't you be happy for your wife?

As you went through all this effort to "set things straight" for her.
The John Black Knight in shiny armour!

Such a love story this turned out to be :)

My whole philosophy of forum use is to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong. People also say revenge is best served cold, others say revenge is sweet, so basically I conclude that revenge is ice-cream. :D

as I said, JBK should have been very happy with all the dislikes. As they count the same as likes.
Or can't you be happy for your wife?

As you went through all this effort to "set things straight" for her.
The John Black Knight in shiny armour!

Such a love story this turned out to be :)
always interesting to see when someone comes high horse in a thread like you calling everyone childish and presenting himself as the adult in the room and then has nothing better to do then ride his dead horse 20 more rounds cause he thinks hes so funny ;)

always interesting to see when someone comes high horse in a thread like you calling everyone childish and presenting himself as the adult in the room and then has nothing better to do then ride his dead horse 20 more rounds cause he thinks hes so funny ;)

lol, "childish". You're funny.

dude, haven't you got more likes to give?

Then I will get on with my life as well.

maybe people will realize one day that they're using the wrong platform ... though my expectations are very low :laugh:

lol, "childish". You're funny.

dude, haven't you got more likes to give?

Then I will get on with my life as well.
sure , i will give another 10 likes to people who deserve them for every post you make in this thread - keep going - view it as charity ;)

sure , i will give another 10 likes to people who deserve them for every post you make in this thread - keep going - view it as charity ;)

lol, like the 450 likes your wife deserved.
Sure, like some more. Add 10 for each post I make. It's a free world.

Mothers day this sunday.
Don't forget to like your wife in real life! ;)

Mothers day this sunday.
Don't forget to like your wife in real life! ;)
not every country has mothersday on the same calendar day - we already had ours - feel free to check your facts of where other people in real are located if you want to be a smartass and give real advise ;)

I am just a bystander reading through this, but shouldn't this explanation be in the initial "forum change" announcement? These kinda details help prevent these sort of Threads and generalized attitdes... Just saying, you guys still aren't thorough enough in regards to communication, it's a step up, but needs lots of work.

Meanwhile, Dishes are being washed... And without your context, it did seem like abuse. Using and naming people doesn't help much into solving things, but it is what it is.

The intervenients in this thread almost makes it look like people are ganging up and creating rings :D Truly Gangster form :D Applause
PCF: A Constant, entertaining Trainwreck of a Forum! :D

not every country has mothersday on the same calendar day - we already had ours - feel free to check your facts of where other people in real are located if you want to be a smartass and give real advise ;)
And I also, probably, falsely asumed she is a mother.

My bad.

Sorry.

And I also, probably, falsely asumed she is a mother.

My bad.

Sorry.
she is, we still had motrhersday already - you didnt get it and still dont seem to get it but appology accepted - here have a like.

she is, we still had motrhersday already - you didnt get it and still dont seem to get it but appology accepted - here have a like.

Thanks for the like ?

Oh my, you have kids?????
They also play?

Sorry for not getting it. I mostly live in another world as you do ?

Will get mum a whole bouquet of them! :shower:

I am just a bystander reading through this, but shouldn't this explanation be in the initial "forum change" announcement? These kinda details help prevent these sort of Threads and generalized attitdes... Just saying, you guys still aren't thorough enough in regards to communication, it's a step up, but needs lots of work.

Meanwhile, Dishes are being washed... And without your context, it did seem like abuse. Using and naming people doesn't help much into solving things, but it is what it is.

The intervenients in this thread almost makes it look like people are ganging up and creating rings :D Truly Gangster form :D Applause
PCF: A Constant, entertaining Trainwreck of a Forum! :D
im actually quite happy about the clarification and gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside from all the alts that wasted theyre time completely :yay:

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the purpose of a score count and highest reaction score then? Make it hidden from users or remove it all together. Then likes and dislikes would cease to matter completely except for the actual post or thread it was liked/disliked which imo is the only thing that matter and is useful to know for Mindark when a suggestion is well/ or bad received by the community. This would prevent "abuse" for a pointless reaction score. Liked/disliked suggestions would actually matter more than just, oh I know this person so I'm gonna like/dislike whatever they say just to increase/decrease their reaction score.

What is the purpose of a score count and highest reaction score then? Make it hidden from users or remove it all together. Then likes and dislikes would cease to matter completely except for the actual post or thread it was liked/disliked which imo is the only thing that matter and is useful to know for Mindark when a suggestion is well/ or bad received by the community. This would prevent "abuse" for a pointless reaction score. Liked/disliked suggestions would actually matter more than just, oh I know this person so I'm gonna like/dislike whatever they say just to increase/decrease their reaction score.
Why... The colosseum like entertainment of course! Have you even read this thread? :D

I wanna make it official I just made a new forum account!!! Im tired of asking them to change that miss patterson looking crap so here it is!! everyone love me now! :)
Banned

Status
Back