Question: Abuse of forum Reaction Score system?

Status
I was really disappointed when this new system came in. It’s part of the snowflakification of modern society. All the kiddies love to spend their time thumbing each other. The worst part is that you can’t even see why someone thumbed you. At least with the old system, you were able to tell someone why you thought they were acting like a jackass, or read how they thought you were being mean to them. This whole thing is all smiles and hugs and frowny faces and participation trophies. If you care to look, you can still see how many of each thing you got in your profile, but that’s pretty meaningless.

So, to recap-
-John (intentionally or unintentionally) craps on Mega’s participation trophy,
-Mega throws a hissy fit and starts a naming and shaming thread,
-Everyone else starts choosing up sides for a giant slap-fight,
-711 comes along and explains how all of the participation trophies are actually made out of tin-foil and styrofoam
-and here we are…

:popcorn:I am being entertained whilst I drink my :coffee:. I am also learning that the reaction score on here is really a pile of :poop: Yet even so, some crave and desire to reach the top spot and those who :inbed: each other will even spend a good hour or two going back through every post ever made to like it so their honey bunny can be no1 for a moment of :cheer:& :clap: to finally be acknowledged they are the forum king or queen ?. Gratz for the lifetime achievement :D

I wanna make it official I just made a new forum account!!! Im tired of asking them to change that miss patterson looking crap so here it is!! everyone love me now! :)

Disliked for multiple accounts! Must ban now!

I was really disappointed when this new system came in. It’s part of the snowflakification of modern society. All the kiddies love to spend their time thumbing each other. The worst part is that you can’t even see why someone thumbed you. At least with the old system, you were able to tell someone why you thought they were acting like a jackass, or read how they thought you were being mean to them. This whole thing is all smiles and hugs and frowny faces and participation trophies. If you care to look, you can still see how many of each thing you got in your profile, but that’s pretty meaningless.

So, to recap-
-John (intentionally or unintentionally) craps on Mega’s participation trophy,
-Mega throws a hissy fit and starts a naming and shaming thread,
-Everyone else starts choosing up sides for a giant slap-fight,
-711 comes along and explains how all of the participation trophies are actually made out of tin-foil and styrofoam
-and here we are…
Perfect description (y)

Disliked for multiple accounts! Must ban now!
well this is the real one now as far as im concerned. i give up on miss patterson.. there is no miss patterson.. thats for all u single ladies out there!~ muhahaha

if thats not proof this is me... it dont exist =p

The only impression I have is that TOS advertise their services very often, and this which is obviously born the envy in many people. The positive vision is obviously not made for the ranking in the forum, but to radiate confidence for those who would risk $ 1-2k in space. That's all I read as a "conspiracy of likes."

There are still no valuable arguments on the subject. And even after the moderator's answer that there is no manipulation, but shit does not stop raining.

It is a pity that these "cold wars" have a nuance in the game. I often encounter a similar weakness from "Authoritative Persons".

In fact, there is no difference between a thumbs up or thumbs down: both count as a single reaction.

'''

Hahaha.. For this "system" the "likes" are worth the same as the "dislikes" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Please close this thread now, and players in conflict please put an end to such a pointless dispute ..

Mindark please remove the page showing who is first or not and let's put an end to this.

I find it a bit sad that people are so worried about likes on a forum (or social media for that matter).
Nobody that isn't on that list cares for that list anyway.
That said, it shouldn't be abused either.

<—————————————— totally agree, but then again, I am elite :cool:
well im hatching and proud!!
index.php

There are no current (or planned) limitations on use of the reactions system.

Unlike the old reputation score system, reaction score is not used for anything or presented in user profiles, thus there is nothing to be gained by "abusing" the system or accumulating lots of reactions.

The reactions system is intended as a quick and convenient way for members to express feelings about a particular thread or post.
It is an intentionally simple system, and the number of accumulated reactions means very little. In fact, there is no difference between a thumbs up or thumbs down: both count as a single reaction.

Contrast this to the old reputation system, which employed a complex formula to calculate each member's reputation score, their reputation strength, cooldowns, etc. That system led to lots of silly disputes and "rep wars" between members, and required lots of the forum staff's time to referee pointless reputation system mud wrestling matches, which ultimately offered little overall or lasting benefit for the forum community.

Well you are basically allowing bullying and harrasment by a handful of players. Last I saw Messi91 had gone as far back as 2016 in John Capital's posts to like them. He has over 9000 postcount so it'll take him a while to get through all of them.

I think anyone reading this thread in its entirety would realise it was to highlight abuse, and then see what could happen when a few indiviuals abused it. They have done, they will carry on all weekend probably (being rather childish) and it will probably carry on onto other members in the future now that the official word is 'Go Ahead.'

It is quite intimidating when you think that this is allowed to carry on, but the Reaction Score system is as you say, completely pointless now. It used to have value for 14 years. You received +reps for congratulating players, helping players with information, the odd jokey meme or 1000 and just generally contributing to Entropia. Now you have to be in a small clique of players who have plenty of time to read the forum, whilst their program plays the game for them.

I wont repond in kind to what I'm seeing in Latest Activity, I'm an adult and besides all those thousands of reputation comments were deleted in the move to this new forum. I kept some, many of those players have left long ago but there are still some good guys and gals out there shame there aren't as many as there used to be. :(

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

I find it a bit sad that people are so worried about likes on a forum (or social media for that matter).
Nobody that isn't on that list cares for that list anyway.
That said, it shouldn't be abused either.
I didn't even know there was a list until it was pointed out in this thread! :laugh: Thought it was gone when the reputation points went. Couldn't care less if I was on it or not, but appreciate some people might like it.

This was all just some nice people trying to undo the harm from the alt/troll accounts trashing peoples threads with thumbs down all over the place, then even when they were banned (for clearly being alt/trolls) the red marks they left remained. Someone new reading that thread might not have known why the posts looked that way., and those who genuinely did like the content were inspired to give it a like where they maybe hadn't thought to do so before. A stand was made against hate, a positive force within our community, never at all intended to be on any sorts of lists or tread on anyone's toes.

Then ofc this thread appeared with its accusations, and the community reacted fiercely.

I am glad it has been clarified that there are no limitations on use of the likes system.

Last edited:
I didn't even know there was a list until it was pointed out in this thread! :laugh: Thought it was gone when the reputation points went. Couldn't care less if I was on it or not, but appreciate some people might like it.

This was all just some nice people trying to undo the harm from the alt/troll accounts trashing peoples threads with thumbs down all over the place, then even when they were banned (for clearly being alt/trolls) the red marks they left remained. Someone new reading that thread might not have known why the posts looked that way., and those who genuinely did like the content were inspired to give it a like where they maybe hadn't thought to do so before. A stand was made against hate, a positive force within our community, never at all intended to be on any sorts of lists or tread on anyone's toes.

Then ofc this thread appeared, and the community reacted.

I am glad it has been clarified that there are no limitations on use of the likes system.
id have to agree with you on this.. ive personally never EVER had a negative reaction EVER untill feb8 this year when all the atls started trashing threads.. There might be a couple like 2 legit ones that joined in with the alt bashing but regardless never happened before feb8 2021. I try to keep my stuff sarcastically entertaining at a minimum :)

feel free to confirm:

Last edited by a moderator:
index.php

Anyone know what music messi91 listens to? I dont think it is dance music of the last 30 years

I'm sure if you played it for longer than 1 second you might like some of them.... so impatient some people!

index.php

Anyone know what music messi91 listens to? I dont think it is dance music of the last 30 years

I'm sure if you played it for longer than 1 second you might like some of them.... so impatient some people!
hes a hardcore grinder... reggae maybe? =p

Anyway, onwards and upwards!
You finally got it. Move on. Don't hold to something that existed so long ago with 0% chance of ever coming back. It's rather pointless, like the reaction score system.

index.php

Alainax comes in fast at No.4 position purely on account of her being.... like'd 1000s of times in the past 24 hours.

Did anyone realise I knew this was her ambition in my opening post? Yes I did.

So I reckon it'll be Alainax, John Black Knight, Geo and then who cares - you've made a mockery of it. Industrial liking and disliking without reading any of it.

Back to original post....
i think all is now clear.... JBK likes what his wife writes
Mega wants all player listen to his "Good" music while gaming

I admit i dont even know what is the soc of the captains in my list
JBK high rank in leaderboards? just skill more and kick him in second position....or accept it

this thread is anyway fantastic and funny. i love it

regarding messi beloved music... he love movies.. he cite movies.... i suspect some soundtrack
i would say that he could listen to "bang bang" of nancy Sinatra from Kill Bill in some run.......

Last edited:
index.php

Alainax comes in fast at No.4 position purely on account of her being.... like'd 1000s of times in the past 24 hours.

Did anyone realise I knew this was her ambition in my opening post? Yes I did.

So I reckon it'll be Alainax, John Black Knight, Geo and then who cares - you've made a mockery of it. Industrial liking and disliking whether reading any of it.
Eh? It has been explained multiple times the reason for it initially, would have never been anywhere near your precious list if you never made this daft thread with silly accusations, and rubbed a load of people up the wrong way.

Actual info here for anyone who is bothered about it :)

Then ofc this thread appeared with its accusations, and the community reacted fiercely.

It seems pretty clear what the OPs intensions were with this thread.
Unfortunately, it back fired, and those obvious fake accounts that have been harassing those of us for months non-stop, that were his cheerleaders here, that for some reason he doesn't have a problem with, got banned.
Yet when another player getting too many likes, he cries bullying and abuse. But the numerous fake accounts attacking others? That's ok.

Last edited:
Status
Back