An article about EU with replies from ND and Welter

Sonya Heart said:
Either way it brings the point up again. Does ND work for Ma and was the whole CND thing just marketing by MA.

ND is the only one that can give a yes or no on that. I for one dont know ND and before I came here had never heard of him.

I hope it isnt the case that he works for them but if this edited story is true then he has worked for them so was an employee once and probably still is.

Would unfortunatly make alot of sence of a few things if he was an employee

he did explain...i will look for the thread and edit this post when/if i find it....
thread was started by a "luvly luv" if i remember correct

Edit:

heres the post links

ND's last word in response too......We have blinders thread
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12288

We have blinders thread
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14882

one is about ND last word after the "we have blinders thread"
they are worth reading very closly and every post in the threads...good read ;)

Last edited:
Is it true though that the buyout was taken while the servers were offline?

I know ive read that here somewhere. If so then that just cannot be explained from what he typed there.

it wasnt an article it was an incorrect BIO that implied I was employed by Mindark. I never asked for it to be changed before, because I didn't really care. Digital Hollywood was an industry conference. And I Felt like i was representing Gamers interests by being there, Dont Forget some of the major Developers put out injunctions to stop gamers attaching Real Cash value to virtual items and to their time spent inside MMORPG's...

I Believe in the Gamers right to put a value on thier time. And have done since before i started playing PE. I bought stuff on Ebay back in the early days of Everquest. I wrote a screenplay about the future of gaming back in 2000. Digital hollywood was a natural place for me to be. And who better to speak about Entropia than the people who are getting the most out of it. Who appreceate it the most.

I'm working to hard to fulfill a vision I have of the future. I have accomplished some great stuff with NEVERDIE and Club NEVERDIE is turning out to be alot of fun.

I'm doing a lot of interviews with the media and because of the Digital Hollwood Bio, everyone asks if I work for MA.. This is just the begining of the Virtual Reality Revolution in the media, so I need to set some things straight...

And for those of you Wondering.... I Spent 10 years making indie movies in Hollywood.. Acting Directing and Producing... It's in my nature to get out there and Scream and Shout about something I'm a part of that I believe in!!

I love Entropia Universe, I've been here from the start, I've seen the growth,
I have a great respect for those among you who are working hard to make it what it is. I want a future where people can fly Virtual Spaceships for a living!

I know some of you like to focus on areas of Entropia u want to see improved.
U are suspicious and Critical... Well I'm not out to discourage u from sharing any of your ideas to make Entropia a better World, We all want it to kick ass!
I want you all to succeed. I want you to believe you can succeed. In this life real or Virtual, it's all about belief...

And then it's about acting on that belief, fighting for it..

I believe I can make My Virtual Club a great success! Most of the world still have no comprehension how it works.. Well i'm out there telling them.. I have to be out there telling them. So they come visit, so they join in the fun, so that in the future the Virtual world becomes even more diverse....

Tonight I'm going to meet with a Dance TV station to talk about producing a monthly show in CND... This is what Im preoccupied with.

BBC Radio have already announced there foray into second life to broadcast shows to Virtual audiences...

Alot of stuff is happening... And It's a hot sweaty game out there, when it comes to trying to position a virtual business!

Thats where I'm coming from...It's just the begining, but its an extrememly exciting time.

I wouldn't take a Job at Mindark even if I was offered one... Why?

Because I Love being NEVERDIE, I'm an actor , Im a roleplayer...

I'm a gamer :)

Sonya Heart said:

I know ive read that here somewhere. If so then that just cannot be explained from what he typed there.

i doubt you read both threads that fast ;).....the answers are there........

remember "outside the box"

Status said:
i doubt you read both threads that fast ;).....the answers are there........

remember "outside the box"

Unfortuantly I dont have the time this evening to read all that lot, I read ND's "final word".

I just asked if it was true. The "Outside the box" sugests it was.

ND, If the BIO was incorrect and you didnt care (your words) didnt you see this coming? What else is incorrect?

If you saying point blank "I DO NOT WORK FOR MINDARK" I will accept that on your reputation. Thx

Well said ND.......again ;)

BTW to anyone that hasnt been to CND and attended an event with a live stream, should try that befor being judgemental *my spelling sucks :rolleyes:

Status said:
Well said ND.......again ;)

BTW to anyone that hasnt been to CND and attended an event with a live stream, should try that befor being judgemental *my spelling sucks :rolleyes:

What does that have to do with it? I wasnt judging the events I was judging the article sugesting ND is an employee of MA.

Sonya Heart said:
Unfortuantly I dont have the time this evening to read all that lot, I read ND's "final word".

I just asked if it was true. The "Outside the box" sugests it was.

ND, If the BIO was incorrect and you didnt care (your words) didnt you see this coming? What else is incorrect?

If you saying point blank "I DO NOT WORK FOR MINDARK" I will accept that on your reputation. Thx

one thing ive learned (thanks to my GF ;) ) is assumptions can get people into trouble ;)

Sonya Heart said:
What does that have to do with it? I wasnt judging the events I was judging the article sugesting ND is an employee of MA.

lol i wasnt speciffically saying you sonya ;)

Status said:
one thing ive learned (thanks to my GF ;) ) is assumptions can get people into trouble ;)

I asked a very simple question requiring only a yes or a no not read hundreds of posts and read between the lines for an answer.

Was the buyout taken while the servers were offline.

EDIT : Removed my rudeness sorry its late

They are full of dung :)

Ok let me say my little part :)

First of all, this article was like 90% of the rest. Supposed educated folks making prejudgements about a univers/society that they have no freaking clue about. I wish that once-just once, these reporters would actually freaking get an account and play abit before pissing in the water.

Second they attack on ND about "employement" as ND said he was never paid for it. It' line my love for linux. I try to spread it around everchance I get-still doesn't make me and employee of any distro.

Third, the lame attacks about ND's grammar and pucntuation (pun in there)-what a way to "fight back" after ND responded to their answers. These <---censore---> have no better ground to stand on so they bring the "education" playbook. Do they even know how many millioniers there are out there that don't have a degree in B.S. ?

Fourth, sorry for the spell checking but I just got firefox compiled and no aspell yet-plus I'm too damn tired for a dictionary.

Sonya Heart said:

I seriously doubt that he currently works for MindArk, it would be too much of a conflict of interest and would seriously damage MA's and PE's reputation.

Sonya Heart said:
Fine be a funny man. I asked a very simple question requiring only a yes or a no not read hundreds of posts and read between the lines for an answer.

Was the buyout taken while the servers were offline.

ok this is the problem with people, they want the answer handed to them..... I wont do it - I have spent alot of time thinking, reading and investigating this for my own peace of mind. Me sharing an anwser is not going to change a dang thing, but make people comfy in using their brains less.....This is a conspiracy theory, and nothing is "provable" at the momment...so we are left to making our own judgements. I will not make people belive one way or the other, it is for them to figure out. it is for them to read the threads (as i have) and think long and hard and try to be intelligent. if a person desires to know an awnser to a serious question as the one your asking, they will do their own SERIOUS research and know for themselfs...... :)

P.S. i see how this can sound harsh, but its not intended to be, just how im viewing things and im not implying your stupid, or most people here, im just saying that humanity as a whole is getting lazy ;)

Ok well I think im best of out of this.

Sonya's Final Thought :D

I love this game and will for time to come, If MA do have ND employed and it is all a big publicity stunt then that is really bad. The article linked by the OP suggests this is the case. This has obvously made me think (which can never be a good thing).

If CND was brought at buyout when the server is offline then I can see no explanation for it however many posts I read that would have been fair to all. ND and D may not have been the only interested parties.

If it wasnt brought while the servers were offline and ND is not an employee then no foul. (if that was the case though why would there be a CT anyway)

If D asks for a disco on TI would he get it made for him by MA? Only D knows.

Like I say I love this game but the more publicised EU and MA get the more things like this will come out of the woodwork questioning the integrety of MA and or its participants.

Sorry for bad spelling or grammar but its way too late and im falling asleep :laugh:

Have fun all

lala, welcome to the lala land :kos:

NEVERDIE said:
it wasnt an article it was an incorrect BIO that implied I was employed by Mindark. I never asked for it to be changed before, because I didn't really care.
Hm. Will we see other "corrections" of things written in the press, that you didnt care about now, but perhaps later?
Sorry, I'm a journalist and either you fix wrong information at once or never - or you make an edit-statement (even works in this forum). Doing that later "at will" make others believe that they cant trust what you say.

NEVERDIE said:
I'm doing a lot of interviews with the media and because of the Digital Hollwood Bio, everyone asks if I work for MA...
Of course. Because its a big difference for everyone! If MA is selling a (maybe) profitable landarea to en (ex-)employee, and then try to sell that to the press as a part of the uncensored "real-cash-economy" in the game, its fishy!
And what makes me wonder is, that even if a lot of people are asking, there is no statement either from you or MA, that you didn't work(ed) for them. If not, where is the problem to clearly state that?

NEVERDIE said:
I'm working to hard to fulfill a vision I have of the future. [...] This is just the begining of the Virtual Reality Revolution in the media [...] It's in my nature to get out there and Scream and Shout about something I'm a part of that I believe in! [...] I love Entropia Universe [...] I want a future where people can fly Virtual Spaceships for a living! [...] I want you all to succeed. I want you to believe you can succeed. In this life real or Virtual, it's all about belief... [...] And then it's about acting on that belief, fighting for it.. [...] I believe I can make My Virtual Club a great success! Most of the world still have no comprehension how it works.. Well i'm out there telling them.. I have to be out there telling them. [...]

For me that is much too much of "vision", "I believe", "I love", "I want", "I want you to believe", "I believe I can"... or in other PRs the "estimate". Thats just (sorry) what you think... or maybe PR.

You (and MA of course) try to get money from others. That's okay, it's business.

NEVERDIE said:
Because I Love being NEVERDIE, I'm an actor , Im a roleplayer... I'm a gamer :)

Thats nice. But I think you will agree that a lot of people are worried: registering the domain before the announcement, buying the asteroid while servers were down (dont know, maybe just a rumour), being (maybe) an ex-employee of MA, ATHs on the weekend of TV-coverage, ... it's hard to believe that's all coincidence.

And the figures you are spreading (NEVERDIE estimating 1.5 million US$ in 2006) are not believable... MA itself figures out (page 8) an income of ~300.000 US$ from Jan to July 2005. Who believes that they sell a 1.5 million US$/year-estate for 100.000 US$?

I dont like "fixing" information at will, and I dont like PR because they try to trick people as far as possible. But I am really worried about the things behind that. MA and especially you are doing a massive PR right now, even with (maybe) some tricks. A lot of people believe in that, think they can get rich in EU and put some money in.

I would like EU to be a healthy game - you pay for entertainment and maybe someday even win some bucks. But what will happen after the hype we are just riding on?

EU doesn't produce any money itself, MA can only exist if people are depositing. Every day MA needs some money for office/employees/servers. That money comes from deposits. A PR-bubble will attract a lot of people, and some of them even will deposit. But a bubble will burst some day. Because like a snowball-system this will not work for a long time. MA needs a healthy player-basis that is willing to deposit on a regular basis. A lot of people would do that... even me.

But now I am a bit worried. I dont think you can attract people to stay in game for long as depositors with ATHs and stories of how to become a virtual millionaire. Even PR has to be done with sure instinct... not just shouting out what you believe.

Jac

Jac said:
Of course. Because its a big difference for everyone! If MA is selling a (maybe) profitable landarea to en (ex-)employee, and then try to sell that to the press as a part of the uncensored "real-cash-economy" in the game, its fishy!
And what makes me wonder is, that even if a lot of people are asking, there is no statement either from you or MA, that you didn't work(ed) for them. If not, where is the problem to clearly state that?
NEVERDIE said:
I also offered to appear at a couple of conventions in Los Angeles, since MA had no one in the USA to represent them… By this time they knew I loved PE and I loved the whole concept of a Real Cash Economy, so they approved… Of course I had to provide some details to the people who ran the convention for their brochure so I said I was the US spokesman and people could ask me questions about marketing and business development, of course I would be referring interested parties to MA…. Was I paid by MA to do this ? No? was I employed by MA? Nope…

Jac said:
For me that is much too much of "vision", "I believe", "I love", "I want", "I want you to believe", "I believe I can"... or in other PRs the "estimate". Thats just (sorry) what you think... or maybe PR.
digit said:
It' line my love for linux. I try to spread it around everchance I get-still doesn't make me and employee of any distro.

Jac said:
And the figures you are spreading (NEVERDIE estimating 1.5 million US$ in 2006) are not believable... MA itself figures out (page 8) an income of ~300.000 US$ from Jan to July 2005. Who believes that they sell a 1.5 million US$/year-estate for 100.000 US$?
CNN said:
"It's amazing to think that I have recouped half my $100,000 dollar investment while the Club is still under construction," says Jon 'NEVERDIE' Jacobs. "Virtual real estate prices have soared 2000% in the Entropia universe public auction in the last 12 months, so I'm very glad I got in at the beginning. Club NEVERDIE is truly a self-sustaining business model with large growth potential including worldwide branding and real estate endeavors. Based on the typical business multiple of ten, my twelve month gross profit at the end of 2006 will put me at a net worth over a million dollars! I think it's fair to say that the virtual revolution has begun."

think about how many people love this place....... the nuber of people spend roughly $10 bucks a week, instead of a pizza out....thats like almost $50 a month....thats what some ISP's charge per month....and ISP's have more techs and equipment to pay for then MA i would think...so that can be quite a descent chunk of change with enough people monthly. I am going to stand on a ledge and assume that MA tweaks the economy and the system to never pay out the "books" into the red, always keep a profit.
So is it atleast possible that things are more legit then we assume?

im not on either side, i just like to debate and discuss things :)

More Editing?

Donald said:
I think NEVERDIE did an excellent job of accounting for himself and defending the EU. It seems to me that the more innovative one is, and the more success one has, the bigger the target for this kind of attack they become. Without starting a fire-storm, I'd like to mention just a few names in point of fact:

MicroSoft
Walmart
ClearChannel Communications
Carnival Cruise Lines
MindArk ;)
Etc.. etc...

Please don't flame me. This is just something I have noticed.

Sincerely,
Donald

Remember: Today's Mighty Oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground!

Neverdie, I admire and share your vision as a keen gamer and "self-made" internet entrepreneur myself, however, I feel that back-editing articles only adds to any conspiracy theories.

For example, take the following case from Wikipedia:

Article Vandalisation & Use of Article as a Promotional Tool

Is anyone else concerned that "NEVERDIE" himself appears to be editing this article to serve his own self interests and is using Wikipedia as a promotional tool for positive spin? It appears that he has so far removed everything that appears to be negative about Project Entropia.

An explanation for the high number of edits that have taken place on March 16th 2006, and evidence to support the above, can be found on a thread that appeared on Project Entropia's own community forum that day on the following link: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20029

-- JT 21:25, 16 March 2006 (UTC)

I'm not sure which is worse, the above or the fact that a user called "NEVERDIE" tried to delete this entire section earlier today. Evidence can be found in the history of this page and also in the article history. Please do not further vandalise or corrupt the integrity of this article to serve your own self interests.

-- 84.68.81.167 19:32, 21 March 2006 (UTC)

(Original Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Entropia_Universe)

I have no idea if the Wikipedia user "NEVERDIE" is infact the real Neverdie or not, but such things only add fuel to any fire.

Last edited:
I am going to squash one false rumor:

Sonya Heart said:

No, the resort was sold whilst the servers, or at least some of them, were online. The servers were very unstable for most of the day and I believe the weekend also though, so it is possible not all were up at the time.

At least Treasure Island was online, as was one other server because I was around sifting through auction looking for something else and a socmate of mine was also browsing (elsewhere) and notified me that the deed had vanished / been bought.

Shortly after the sale the TI server finally gave up and died though, returning a few minutes later and me about 15-20 mins later to find my deposit had arrived... if a bit late for its intended purpose :D

Note that whilst the servers were online I don't know if Neverdie was - shortly afterwards (when servers returned) I asked some people who had him on friends list if he was on and they said no, which struck me as a bit odd since I figured he'd be jumping around the room celebrating :)
Still he could have just quickly logged in, purchased it and left again - I do this sometimes if I need to check something or make a pre-planned trade for example - so don't go jumping to crazy conclusions just from my comment.

- Deathifier

Deathifier said:
I am going to squash one false rumor:

No, the resort was sold whilst the servers, or at least some of them, were online. The servers were very unstable for most of the day and I believe the weekend also though, so it is possible not all were up at the time.

At least Treasure Island was online, as was one other server because I was around sifting through auction looking for something else and a socmate of mine was also browsing (elsewhere) and notified me that the deed had vanished / been bought.

Shortly after the sale the TI server finally gave up and died though, returning a few minutes later and me about 15-20 mins later to find my deposit had arrived... if a bit late for its intended purpose :D

Note that whilst the servers were online I don't know if Neverdie was - shortly afterwards (when servers returned) I asked some people who had him on friends list if he was on and they said no, which struck me as a bit odd since I figured he'd be jumping around the room celebrating :)
Still he could have just quickly logged in, purchased it and left again - I do this sometimes if I need to check something or make a pre-planned trade for example - so don't go jumping to crazy conclusions just from my comment.

- Deathifier

Thx for that Deathifier.

I wonder how many of the ones crying "foul" were actually willing to spend the $100K. ...or even had it in the first place.

Back