Announcing EF Gifts!

Status
awww, don't put yourself down

here, have some flowers

;)

:laugh: Thank You :ahh:

(...now I got an extra icon, ohh noo the irony of life ^^... XD)

A cool features

711 i wanted to know if it was possible to get redirected to a thread when we click on a "gift" which we're buying from the EFD Store like this one below !

If it's not actually possible, could you add this features or even could we able to edit the message on the gift once it has been added if we bought the item already (before seeing this features added) ?

Thanks !

Mikah, I love you... you can have my gifts if someone can tell me how to trade them off to you.

;)

Gifts can be traded or sold to other members, however there is a 5% EFD fee (based on the total EFD value of the gifts being traded).

The member who wishes to sell or donate existing gifts should PM me with the membername of the recipient, and the list of gifts to be traded.

However, please realize that this process in manual and time consuming, and members should rather make an effort to simply donate EFDs to the recipient.

711 i wanted to know if it was possible to get redirected to a thread when we click on a "gift" which we're buying from the EFD Store like this one below !

If it's not actually possible, could you add this features or even could we able to edit the message on the gift once it has been added if we bought the item already (before seeing this features added) ?

Thanks !

Linking gifts to individual threads is not possible, unfortunately. This would require a good deal of customised coding, and I am currently busy with other projects.

Also, using the gift images in your signature is not really in the spirit of the EFD store system, nor is it very fair to members who have paid EFDs for their icons.

Well, i'll buy them out of the store, so in this way, i'd deserve to put these icon on my sig since i'd have paid for them ;)

To help with page downloads times, overloading of bandwidth to the server, it might be worth displaying the gifts for an avatar on the first appearing post in a thread per page only. Just like how the signatures are done?

Just an idea.

To help with page downloads times, overloading of bandwidth to the server, it might be worth displaying the gifts for an avatar on the first appearing post in a thread per page only. Just like how the signatures are done?

Just an idea.

Those images are cached by the browser, so displaying them once or 32847637 times on a page only requires a single download.

The reason signatures are only shown once per page is to reduce the amount of scrolling when reading a thread, not to conserve bandwidth (since sig images are cached just like any other image on a webpage).

I do suppose that showing the gift icons only once per page might also reduce a bit of scrolling as well.

**EDIT**

You got me to thinking how to accomplish this, and it was't as tricky as I thought :yay:

In the interest of saving scrolling space, gifts now only show in the first post on each page.

Last edited:
You got me to thinking how to accomplish this, and it was't as tricky as I thought :yay:

In the interest of saving scrolling space, gifts now only show in the first post on each page.

lol I was replying with a quote and your quote showed the update! Nice work. :)

lol I was replying with a quote and your quote showed the update! Nice work. :)

HMMM

On closer analysis, it seems the edit I did screwed up displaying of signatures somehow.

I will need to investigate further...

For now I have reverted to showing gifts for each post.

HMMM

On closer analysis, it seems the edit I did screwed up displaying of signatures somehow.

I will need to investigate further...

For now I have reverted to showing gifts for each post.

Ah ok. Well, in my original quoting post I was going to say, inevitably traffic to EntropiaForum.com will increase and increase, therefore the demand to streamline certain aspects of the page serving may well be a necessity. :)

Good luck trying to fit the functionality in. :)

I dont have enough EFD to enter all the levels (so I'm not sure if they're there or not - though I think not) but I'd like to see these:

Korss H400
All looted Coats
Apartment
House
Hanger
Landarea (all the estates - adress could just be added in the info-text)
Whips

:)

:cry: I am filled up... I wanna buy the mod extention :laugh: 12*2 :silly2:

funny idea that item function :p
now i only need to buy myself some :p

TT Longblade.

The Katsuichi Longblade series (Pride, Honor, Valor, Determination)

i love it. very sweet. so we dont have to paint our leet-skiLLs into the signatur :)

from now i want to be a very hones forummember, maybe someone will give me a nice icon? :ahh:

Nice one 711 :)

Now just find some spare EFDs :scratch2:

EFBanner_154680.jpg

over 12 gifts?

I had way more then 12 gifts.... how can i see them all?

why cant you look at gifts if you havent got enough to buy it, its just nice to look

There are still ongoing updates to the EFD store.....they'll return when the updates are complete.

Activity icons?

I would love to buy activity icons. Particular sweat gathering :) Or dancing...

Any chance of an Anti Material rifle Icon? Unless there's already one and I've missed it somehow :D

- Nightwolf

711 - PLZ restock the Icon Skill Store :(

I can't buy my Medicine Icon ... I've send a PM your way but nothing yet :rolleyes:

I'd like to suggest adding the Resurrection Chip to the icon shop. It will go nicely along with the wormhole chip.

Status
Back