Announcing EntropiaBay.com

Dr.D.C.

Elite
Society
Glory Hound Irregulars
Announcing EntropiaBay.com :: A new Entropia Universe free tool for everyone

This initial release of EntropiaBay offers an incredible feature-rich, tool for private trade in Entropia Universe game, allowing members to expand the in game private trade function 24 hours per day everywhere a pc is available.
An equilibrate mix between in game features, ebay like style and many exclusive tools will allow shop owners and private to explore new possibilities for the maximal satisfactions of sellers and buyers.

EntropiaBay is a complete tool to realize private trade inside EU, that will allow players to create private auction, listing, ads or sales. The website is based on professional software with 6 years long experience in the field.

logo_plain.jpg

Main Features of EntropiaBay
Listing Formats
Standard Auctions
Proxy Bidding
Dutch Auctions
Reserve Price
Buy Now
Reverse Auctions
Classified Ads (for shops)
Trades
Fixed Price
Request For Quote
User Experience
Sniper Protection
Auto Relist
Bulk Relisting
Storefronts
Profiles
HTML Listing Editor
Streamlined Interface
Invoice Creation
Q&A Listing Messages
Full Feedback System
Advanced Search
Listing Templates
Built-In Image Uploads
Watch this item
Ask the seller a question
Advanced bid control
Sort items by TT and MU
Sort items by price and bid number.

And really much more!!

Already exist other tools for private trade like EF trade, PE auction, PE trade, Pe-players, Free auction, Entropia holdings or Entropia emporium but no one offers at the users so many complete and rich features like EntropiaBay.

Entropia Universe players are invited to check out the functionality that is offered by this free tool at www.entropiabay.com where they can find general information about rules, term and condition, privacy policy and then register an user account.

Registration and sales are completely free for all Entropia Universe participants, and will permit to each one to expand in game their private trade possibility; Entropiabay is bringing tougher buyers and sellers.

I will try to use this forum here to describe in deep some of the most important features of EntropiaBay. Moreover an official thread will be created to inform you about any software upgrade. Of course criticism and suggestions will be welcome, because for sure they will be read, taken in consideration and used to improve the EntropiaBay free tool.

We have many exciting upgrades ready in our road map (assuming of course there is enough community interest). Future plans for Entropiabay.com include web-based email service:
YourAvatarName@entropiabay.com, a complete restyle of the graphic interface, and several other exciting possibilities. The software that runs today I think is already quite impressive and I really hope each ones will find an own way to use www.entropiabay.com to improve their own business in Entropia Universe game.

For a limited time is offering the possibility to have free banners in EntropiaBay. For more info about don t hesitate to contact me in this forum or directly at banspo@entropiabay.com.

At the end, but not for this less important, I would like thx many people that have contribute to the EntropiaBay creation and develop. First at all Baak, my partner in this adventure, then all the numbering art makers (some of the best of this forum) to generate many banners and logo, then a big thx to everyone that for long time have participated at the beta test session.

Last edited:
Congratualtions in getting this uop ad running D.C. :yay:

The beta version i looked at earlier was fairly impressive so I'm looking forward to this one :)

i think you should make the banner in your post clickable to your website.

Since last your visit to the website i made some nice upgrades :p
thx Ace

Really nice site, Dr. D.C. I really liked what I saw and will continue to come back to check out what's offered. I highly recommend this site to anyone interested in trading/selling in EU without the hassle(s) normally associated with the in-game auction. :thumbup:

Very impressive work there :yay:

Rapido

Whoa! A really nice work, that's what I needed :).

PS. Seeing so many test items... Will there be any site reset, or the item info is not stored for a statistics and we can register just now?
PS2. Where to post the suggestions about the page itself?

Really nice site, Dr. D.C. I really liked what I saw and will continue to come back to check out what's offered. I highly recommend this site to anyone interested in trading/selling in EU without the hassle(s) normally associated with the in-game auction. :thumbup:

thx DAN, but u know save money is just one of the EntropiaBay possibilities and maybe is not the most important. EB collect an impressive number of tools that can help people to trade items and services. Moreover, like EF, it permits people to interact between them, to continue to private trade also when they are offline, and then to finalized a deal in game.This last action allow EU members to create new and strong relationship. For the first time 800 000 people are allowed to private trade between them...... I think this is the most important feature of EntropiaBay.
And EntropiaBay is totally free, ofc.

Excellent website dude, it looks like a great tool and I am sure that I'll use it if I am to buy something like clothes(I love how one can specify the texture and colours that the clothing items have) and other things...

Btw, could you add collector as a preferred profession?
An ability to order objects of desire would also be quite helpful..( as far as I can see no such function exist right now)

Anyway; excellent work and +Rep

Gratz on getting this launched. I know you have been working on it hard for many months.

One of the things I liked when Beta testing for you were the email notices that were sent when certain events occurred with the acutions.

Looks great

Certainly looks like a lot of effort went in here...

I have some questions:

- I assume its a customised version of some 'off the shelf' package? What did you use and how much did it cost?

- How are you making money off this site?

- I'm not saying this isn't going to work but I've heard tell that previous 'out of game' auction sites suffered from people not honouring aggreements. How do you propose to tackle this problem or why do you think entropiabay will be any different?

- why do you keep writing entropiabay in orange? You do realise its nigh on bloody impossible to read orange text on this background? ;)

Any info would be appreciated

Wistrel

good to see it is oficially opened mate :)

You put a lot of effort into it!

I bet it will be a succes :yay:

- I'm not saying this isn't going to work but I've heard tell that previous 'out of game' auction sites suffered from people not honouring aggreements. How do you propose to tackle this problem or why do you think entropiabay will be any different?

Wistrel

I can't answer any of the other questions, but can take a shot at this one - even though it is only my opinion.

EntropiaBay has a feature where the buyer and seller can leave feedback on the deal after the auction is over. Using this mechanism if the seller backs out of the deal or changes the deal the buyer can leave comments to that effect. If the buyer backs out - same thing.

Likewise if the trade is done in accordance with the auction, timely etc they can each leave other positive feedback.

I have used this feedback feature on other auction sites to decide if I am going to bid on something.

Will it be abused? Maybe, but everything can be abused. I think the feedback feature will go a long way to assist.

Whoa! A really nice work, that's what I needed :).

PS. Seeing so many test items... Will there be any site reset, or the item info is not stored for a statistics and we can register just now?
PS2. Where to post the suggestions about the page itself?

Hello and thx for your questions:
PS) yes u can sign in and use the website since now. The items listed in the website (this is a test) are there to show you all how an offer will be displayed on EntropiaBay. U can use those try offer to test the many fuctions of the website.
PS2) U can always use EF to privately contact me. U can always use EF to give us some public suggestion too. Moreover in here:
http://www.entropiabay.com/contact.asp
u can found all the necessary emails about many entropiabay issue>
for suggestion u can use:
suggestions@entropiabay.com
thx

ahh, been waiting for this one, Den..err, Dr.DC ;)

registered ... oh, and those aren't really angel arms I am selling, just a test ^^

:D

Ossi!

1. huge gratz, extremely nice work and nice initiative

2. unfortunately - its an useless tool, one day u will understand it, I see no future for it ... just a short period bang and then natural death

Excellent work.:thumbup:
Congratulations!!:wtg:

Things to fix:

Registration

- explanation as to why certain fields are needed, eg avatar name (incidentally is this FULL avatar name?)

- why is society REQUIRED

- why is United States of America out of order from all other countries? is this a bug or are you implying Americans are not intelligent enough to work their way through an alphabetical listing to find their own country? This is very annoying if you want to use autofind (i.e. start typing your country to auto jump to it) and you live in the United Kingdom for example.

- why is profession REQUIRED? What happens if you don't really have one or want to define your own? Why do none of these start with a capital letter?

- I'm pretty certain "Sweden" is a country not a language... sure you mean "Swedish" right?

- 'place to find you' has a space bug before the last word... (who did you say beta tested this again? o_O***)

Terms

"You must be 16 years of age or older to gain membership to and use EntropiaBay."

You must be over 18 to play entropia so therefore by allowing 16-18 year olds to use your site you promote abuse of your own system since such people will never be able to honour their bids or sales...

I didn't see anything about what happens if you want to remove your account. Did I miss it? If not you really should include this. Take for example the debacles over things like facebook or deviant art and the difficulty you can have removing accounts there...

Buying

"Your bid is a contract between you and the item seller. If you win the auction you will enter into a legally binding contract."

Legally binding? er... how exactly? :confused:

Sponsors

Clicking on all the sponsor images on the right just opens a new window with same content... Guessing this isn't correct.

Sorry this all sounds a bit arsey. I'm in an arsey mood to be honest so bug reports will have a certain air to them ;) On the whole seems good and best of luck to you.

If I spot any other daft mistakes I'll be sure to pass them on

Wistrel

Nice idea, so I registered. :)

But please let me adjust the date format. I dislike reading a date format I don't get right at first glance.

I can't answer any of the other questions, but can take a shot at this one - even though it is only my opinion.

I always find it worrying when someone isn't upfront straight away when asked something... they wern't difficult or even unreasonable questions in my view and the least you could do is offer a reason for not disclosing the information rather than posting a "no comment".... :scratch2:

Revised: Sorry I didn't spot you wern't the owner there - thanks for pointing that out - doh!

How about I rephrase one of the questions?

- How are you financing your hosting and bandwidth costs for this site?

Still I liked the answer to the feasibility question and yes, a rep system may go some way to sorting the old problem. The other issue will of course be getting people on there to see the auctions but I guess from the banners and what not you already have an advertising plan ready to run.

About the test auctions and what not though you really need to get rid of them probably in a few days or maybe a week. They serve a purpose to show the site's potential for the first users but ultimately are damaging to its usability.

Wistrel

Last edited:
Excellent website dude, it looks like a great tool and I am sure that I'll use it if I am to buy something like clothes(I love how one can specify the texture and colours that the clothing items have) and other things...
Btw, could you add collector as a preferred profession?
An ability to order objects of desire would also be quite helpful..( as far as I can see no such function exist right now)
Anyway; excellent work and +Rep

thx for your + rep and for the feddback.
I add the collector profession, u can change your preferred profession by My account/account/ account details.

about your question about clothes textured/colored:
EntropiaBay is the only tool that allow people to search for colored and or colored and textured items in few easy steps:
-press Advanced search
-category clothes and maybe subcategories
-then u can select textured and or colored
-u can select other search criteria in refine search
-u can sort the result display format by high price, tt price, MU, end time, etcetc

Like buyer or seller no other web tool can offer some much for the clothes trade-business. And to be honest u have not all those options in in game options neither. Moreover clothes maker, colorize and texture professions are not my main professions, if u think some can be add to increase this kind of trade in EntropiaBay, we will be happy to consider your suggestions

2. unfortunately - its an useless tool, one day u will understand it, I see no future for it ... just a short period bang and then natural death

yea, and what is the point of getting out of bed in the morning? ...you are only going to get back into it later in the evening... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately we all don't have your impressive ability to see into the future and predict upcoming events, so I guess the rest of us should actually try it out before sending it to the glue factory... personally, I see a ton of potential here...

:D

Ossi!

Well I just put some snablesnot skins I had laying around in storage up for sale on your site. :yay:

This would really be awesome if it catches on.

Gratz on getting this launched. I know you have been working on it hard for many months.

One of the things I liked when Beta testing for you were the email notices that were sent when certain events occurred with the auctions.

Looks great

Thx mate,
yup this is another option that u have not from other EU related web tools and neither from in game auction. I don t want be so arrogant to say that we create this option by our self. Actually this is a well know option present in EBAY. We think it can be useful for EntropiaBay too.
If our website will meet a discrete success we are planing to upgrade it for cell phone too. It would be very nice if everywhere and any time users can have the complete control of their business. Because trade is this too, right?

I always find it worrying when someone isn't upfront straight away when asked something... they wern't difficult or even unreasonable questions in my view and the least you could do is offer a reason for not disclosing the information rather than posting a "no comment".... :scratch2:

Go back up to the OP and take a look at who posted it. It was NOT me.

It may not be a difficult or unreasonable question at all to the OWNER of the site. I thought it was obvious that I was not the OP and that by stating the portion of your post I was commenting on was only my opinion.

So I am officially adding my disclaimor for not disclosing any other information.

I, Zarcon Zar Greyman aka Johned, have no ownership or interest in operations of entropiabay.com. I have known the owner since going on a team spider hunt almost a year ago and have since been able to call him a soc mate. My response regarding your single question is my opinion only and not that of the owner of the site. I am unable to answer any of your other specific questions, not being an owner of the site nor having the knowledge of the site owners plans in relation to those questions.

- why is United States of America out of order from all other countries? is this a bug or are you implying Americans are not intelligent enough to work their way through an alphabetical listing to find their own country? This is very annoying if you want to use autofind (i.e. start typing your country to auto jump to it) and you live in the United Kingdom for example.

Sigh. I'm implying people like yourself should change their attitude.
There's a civilized way to discuss drawbacks, and your's isn't on the list.

Instead of focusing on complete and utter crap, I'd highly suggest you to concentrate on the actual delivery of content. The problem you described here would bug anybody without a single bit of patience, which leads me to think you lack a hell of a lot..

If you can't pat on the guy's shoulder and say "Good work, yet I believe you could have done X and Y alittle better", then don't even get to replying.

Now, pause for a second and use your brain to think why would an in-game avatar name be required?..

1. Cause you can't change it that easily, and if you turn out as a scammer, people can back off of you.

2. So the seller/buyer can recognize eachother in the god-damn game.

Keep eliminating your questions one by one using the same simple logic I used, and you'll end up understanding all you did was wasting the bandwidth of this website.. for nothing.

Yoga time.

Last edited:
I have some questions:
- I assume its a customised version of some 'off the shelf' package? What did you use and how much did it cost?
- How are you making money off this site?
- why do you keep writing entropiabay in orange? You do realise its nigh on bloody impossible to read orange text on this background? ;)
Any info would be appreciated
Wistrel

Thanks Wistrel for ALL your comments. For sure we are reading yours comment with a lot of attentions. Actually all the EntropiaBay team is very open mind and we enjoy to get also neg critics cause we can use them to upgrade our website.
about your questions:
1)You right, EntropiaBay is an high customized package. Many of us have good experience in programing but after many try we decided to use a commercial software. The backbone software that we are using coming from a software house that is working about online auction since 6 years. You can found this company in the first goggle results for auction software. We decided to use this because this software guarantee to offer to you a very stable and validated product with some basic and interesting options already present. Moreover it take us months to customize it. U can see that this special auction work with TT price, MU+ and % too. It s not easy at all to do it. Actually the in game auction only have this possibility.
2) make money from this website is not a priority for us. We are Eu players, we enjoy the game, we want contribute to game expansion. I guess that 711 for EF, or the owner of Pe-auctions, chipping optimizer, entropedia etcetc have not created those to be rich. Ofc we had and we have some cost to maintain the website. How u can see in entropiabay you can found some ads. We plan in the future to rent them for few ped in order to cover our cost. Just to be clear , i said ped, because this web site will allow and permit in game ped transiction only, using the validated private trade option of EU. We don t run and we don t plan to have for us and for any one the possibility to use paypal, bank money transit etcetc. This because EB want that eu players meet in game eu players. Our end point is to increase the collaboration between avatar in game, we want u have a friend list full of active friends to trade with.
3) just we love Orange.

Last edited:
feedback

I can't answer any of the other questions, but can take a shot at this one - even though it is only my opinion.EntropiaBay has a feature where the buyer and seller can leave feedback on the deal after the auction is over. Using this mechanism if the seller backs out of the deal or changes the deal the buyer can leave comments to that effect. If the buyer backs out - same thing. Likewise if the trade is done in accordance with the auction, timely etc they can each leave other positive feedback.I have used this feedback feature on other auction sites to decide if I am going to bid on something. Will it be abused? Maybe, but everything can be abused. I think the feedback feature will go a long way to assist.

thx Zar for your post, u talking about some we are very very happy about.
Like ebay EntropiaBay is feedback based and we think this is very important. In effect if u are a serious trader i think u must care a lot about your feedback. A positive feedback means that your offers are always valid and real, it means u are available in game to finalized your deals, it means your offers meet the costumers necessities. We have not this in the in game auction, and the other website auctions EU related until here don t use this exclusive option.

EntropiaBay use many special tools. This thread was created to present you in general EntropiaBay, we plan to create many different treads to talk about the numbering options already present.

Back