Announcing EntropiaBay.com

The reason why I posted the idea with the date format is because it's not there.Besides that about Account Details:

- The "Place to find you" doesn't seem to get saved
- The "Place to find you" shows all TPs twice
- The "Place to find you" should list all Eudoria TPs first and then the Amethera TPs alphabetically IMO. Outposts don't make sense to me as trading places should be easy to reach.
- The login-fields should appear at the first page. Why? Because it's convenient and common.
- I don't understand what the "Email preferences" are supposed to be
- The list of countries should be replaced by a list of timezones. Why? Because it's actually nobody's business where I live. E.g. I chose "Vatican" as it's in the same timezone I live in.
As for the rest I'll probably just be watching for a while and see how things are working out. ;)
long list, let me try:
- The "Place to find you" doesn't seem to get saved
i try it and look it works for me
- The "Place to find you" shows all TPs twice
in my browser they are shown 1 time only
- The "Place to find you" should list all Eudoria TPs first......
the alphabetic option we think is more intuitive, moreover for sure amethera will have new outposts and without consider the new outpost coming from other planets, we think the best way to make the list always ...ordinate....is to have an alphabetic order only. Outpost probably are not the best place to trade..... for me and for you, we dunno for other people.
- I don't understand what the "Email preferences" are supposed to be
for each action listed in the email preference u will get an email. If u decide that u are not interested to know the your item was not sold, then u can select off for this email preference and u will not get any email about. I think it s a good system to avoid spam in your email box.
- The list of countries should be replaced by a list of timezones
this can be a nice option, actually we can insert time zone, or just online in EU during..... like a default camp in each offer. Let me write down this, thx

Thanks for a great looking site and very useful site

Would it be possible to have a "Remember me" for the site? It seems that I have to re-login every time I visit

well at this point i must insert this option, u are not the first one that ask about this. I didn t insert it cause already many antivirus software offer the possibility to automatically complete your password, a secure system to avoid hackers, and i don t love the remember me option cause the passwords are stored in an easy to found zone. But look like i have not choice, i m adding it in my list.
thx for your feedback.

well at this point i must insert this option, u are not the first one that ask about this. I didn t insert it cause already many antivirus software offer the possibility to automatically complete your password, a secure system to avoid hackers, and i don t love the remember me option cause the passwords are stored in an easy to found zone. But look like i have not choice, i m adding it in my list.
thx for your feedback.

Do that with a cookie, this way its as secure as a browser stored password would be.
Sure its not a really secure thing but good enough, after all if someone let others use the browser its that persons fault if shit happens.

:yay: the sweat bottle auctions a lot of people where asking for.

Looks like a great tool. Already registered :)

About this.... (Sweat on Auction: Good or Bad?)

I imagine this was done frivilously or with a view that it is definitely a good thing...

I know someone from MA (I think it was Marco) recently commented that they felt it was a good thing that sweat was not available in the auction.

Their reasoning was that they felt part of the "pull" of Entropia was the community and the need for new players to actually interact with others in order to sell their sweat early in their EU lives. They felt therefore allowing new players to circumnavigate this (quite possibly vital) early interaction via the auction could be potentially damaging to their player base or the percentage of new players that stick around...

I have to say I support this decision but the question is, would it be ok for EB to go against this ethos?

I'm not going to dictate that they should or shouldn't as with EB you still need to interact in order to make a sale (albeit less than normal) and one could argue that any newbie with enough savvy to find and try EB is already likely to stick around a while in the game without needing forced interaction...

Basically I just wanted to raise this point in case EB havn't thought about it so they can decide properly in the face of this potentially new information.

Cheers
Wistrel

PS On a different subject: Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but will the auction trackers be able to gain access to the EB stats? I think they should...

Do that with a cookie, this way its as secure as a browser stored password would be.
Sure its not a really secure thing but good enough, after all if someone let others use the browser its that persons fault if shit happens.

let me talk with my webmasters team. It will take some time but we will try the best way to do it for sure.

I know someone from MA (I think it was Marco) recently commented that they felt it was a good thing that sweat was not available in the auction.Their reasoning was that they felt part of the "pull" of Entropia was the community and the need for new players to actually interact with others in order to sell their sweat early in their EU lives. They felt therefore allowing new players to circumnavigate this (quite possibly vital) early interaction via the auction could be potentially damaging to their player base or the percentage of new players that stick around...

I totally agree with Marco, don t sell sweat in auction can help the new players to interact with the Eu player base. But i would say more: why limit this to sweat items only? why this must not be valid for armors, weapons etcetc???
What your experience about?????????
my personal experience is when i need a P5L i contact Afroman or i check the few shops that for sure sell them under MU. When i need a fap 20 i contact my crafters friends in my friend list that sell me faps under MU. Why i must pay more? and exactly why do u pay more???????
EntropiaBay.com allow you to meet sellers, to generate customers, help your shop business, your crafter profession, your hunter profession etcetc but more important generate more friends for you.

I totally agree with Marco, don t sell sweat in auction can help the new players to interact with the Eu player base. But i would say more: why limit this to sweat items only? why this must not be valid for armors, weapons etcetc???
What your experience about?????????
my personal experience is when i need a P5L i contact Afroman or i check the few shops that for sure sell them under MU. When i need a fap 20 i contact my crafters friends in my friend list that sell me faps under MU. Why i must pay more? and exactly why do u pay more???????
EntropiaBay.com allow you to meet sellers, to generate customers, help your shop business, your crafter profession, your hunter profession etcetc but more important generate more friends for you.

Cool, just wanted to raise the point. Perfectly happy with your reasoning cause as you say EB is still needing player player trade

Thanks
Wist

graz a lot man, yes i guess it s the first ever official sale from EntropiaBay.com
:wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg:

yay : )

guess that makes me the first buyer

Bones

This is a very cool site. I've signed up and taken a look around it, and will certainly be using it. In fact, I have a couple of things in storage that I might put up on there tomorrow.

Good work, Dr.D.C :D

EntropiaBay.com is cool!

:yay: Looks so awesome, man. :yay:

:wtg: Great job. :wtg: Wonder how long it took you?

I've already signed up, by the way.

You can also sell sweat!

the Q's:
--Do you have to pay any money to put up an item?
--Can you put up an item that is already in the auction, or is it like organized street trading?
--Is there a way to find the quantity of something(I can't see how much sweat some guy is selling)?

Cool, just wanted to raise the point. Perfectly happy with your reasoning cause as you say EB is still needing player player trade

Thanks
Wist

thx and BTW it was a long day work (infect cells, play with virus, transfer RNA etcetc) but this night i will start to work about the upgrades u asked me. Many of our team members are already working about the big ones

We will not Give up

Last edited:
registered and it looks very nice so far!! looking forward to putting more use to it.

Thanks
nih

the Q's:
1-Do you have to pay any money to put up an item?
2-Can you put up an item that is already in the auction, or is it like organized street trading?
3-Is there a way to find the quantity of something(I can't see how much sweat some guy is selling)?

1- the site is totally free u pay nothing to use it
2- it s not allowed, and i cannot check what u are doing in game. If u put an offer and u don t finalize it in game you will get for sure a negative feedback (like in ebay) and people will not more deal with u.
3- yup, all the listening format, auction excluded , have the quantity camp ready for use.

enjoy

Wow, EB is great!!!

A one little things about the page itself, which is relatively quick to change, but can be a bit disturbing while left as current - it would be great, if the main (Sponsors) banners would be the same dimensions, or (better) there will be a place holder, an empty space inside which the banners are placed, for example a fixed width (in %) table inside which centred banners are "spawning"). It is a little disturbing when with few clicks the page resizes a bit, and it may lead to misclick.

A one little things about the page itself, which is relatively quick to change, but can be a bit disturbing while left as current - it would be great, if the main (Sponsors) banners would be the same dimensions, or (better) there will be a place holder, an empty space inside which the banners are placed, for example a fixed width (in %) table inside which centred banners are "spawning"). It is a little disturbing when with few clicks the page resizes a bit, and it may lead to misclick.

yup, u right.
actually we create those TEST banners to give u an idea how can be your own ads in EntropiaBay. For sure if we start to have many people that want to use them we will re size/fix their dimensions

Back