Announcing EntropiaBay.com

Go back up to the OP and take a look at who posted it. It was NOT me.

It may not be a difficult or unreasonable question at all to the OWNER of the site. I thought it was obvious that I was not the OP and that by stating the portion of your post I was commenting on was only my opinion.

Ooops! haha sorry Johned. My mistake there, haha yeh I didn't look at the poster I just assumed only the owner or a member of the team would be replying so didn't check :silly2: I saw you posting the emails links though so its an understandable mistake but apologies anyhow. I'll look better in the future.

Sigh. I'm implying people like yourself should change their attitude. There's a civilized way to discuss drawbacks, and your's isn't on the list.

Instead of focusing on complete and utter crap, I'd highly suggest you to concentrate on the actual delivery of content.

If you can't pat on the guy's shoulder and say "Good work, yet I believe you could have done X and Y alittle better", then don't even get to replying.

Now, pause for a second and use your brain to think why would an in-game avatar name be required?..

Keep eliminating your questions one by one using the same simple logic I used, and you'll end up understanding all you did was wasting the bandwidth of this website.. for nothing.

Yoga time.

To MZ (aka 'forum troll that I should know better than to feed'). Thank you for your enlightened opinions and fantastic inability read any more of a post than those bits which offend you.

So I was a little sarcastic?, so I was a little 'off'? I did comment that I wasn't presenting my views in the nicest cherry laiden way possible but this does not in any way make them "a waste of bandwidth" or "complete and utter crap". There was a lot more information in my post than what you have chosen to complain about. Yes it's lovely to say "well done" to somone (as I did actually):

Sorry this all sounds a bit arsey. I'm in an arsey mood to be honest so bug reports will have a certain air to them ;) On the whole seems good and best of luck to you.

...but it doesn't really help them improve. Pointing out flaws does. Even if its done in a bad way, as long as the relevant information is there, the developers can fix the problem.

As for the avatar name. Well thank you for pointing out the blindingly obvious. What you neglect to realise is that the world, like it or not, is full of idiots and any professional website worth its salt should cater to this level. We can all assume the reason behind avatar name being required but it is always nice to know for certain what the service provider wants it for as, believe it or not, its entirely possible the two reasons might not tally. This aside though, personally I believe the site should ask for "full avatar name" as to me at least this makes more sense for in-game trading. Additionally there is another reason why the site should be specific about this which is that it claims action will be taken against users who use fake credentials. If there is 'room for interpretation' over what credentials are actually required this makes it harder for the owners to enforce rules.

A final point, before you complain at me for the neg rep I am about to give you (as I'm sure you will, you seem the type...) please be advised the options regarding rep on this forum are "I approve of this post" or "I disapprove of this post". I disapproved of your post as it implied my words were useless and hence I would be better off removing them. If I had done so then the entropiabay developer would not have been informed of the bugs I highlighted. I don't see this as a positive thing.

Wistrel

Ooops! haha sorry Johned. My mistake there, haha yeh I didn't look at the poster I just assumed only the owner or a member of the team would be replying so didn't check :silly2: I saw you posting the emails links though so its an understandable mistake but apologies anyhow. I'll look better in the future.

No problem :) I posted the other address because I happened to know it also. I tend to jump in and post answers when I know them -or think I know them ;)

This is a great tool. Going to put my shop inventory in there asap.

Suggestions:

* I want to be able to choose "Designer" as profession
* Make sure you advertise this in-game a lot! That will be the difference between success and failure imo.
* And related to that, perhaps you could hand out signs to shop owners with the logo and text "shop inventory available at entropiabay.com"?

I haven't listed anything to sell yet. But, I noticed there isn't an option for a bulk item listing. I have a bunch of pixie armor that I want to sell but, I don't want to spend time making individual trades.

All the test listings makes me feel like the site isn't very serious tho.

I had an idea for a trading site once...wasn't really an auction site, just a place for people to share inventories. I thought about making it easy for people to use their inventory data from EU's website and pick and choose the items they are willing to sell.

Not sure if this is a feature you have or have thought about yet but, things like armor and resources don't have a unique appearance, so why not provide stock pics for those items. Although I can see that customizable items listings should encourage user created pics. Stock pics might help save on bandwidth.

Really awesome site tho:thumbup:

very nice...

nice stuff. Would be interesting if you had a TT trading section .. where people can buy/sell to one another at tt prices if all parties involved had to more or less do a little agreement type of thing.. for example, a crafter will sell a trader OA101(L) at tt value if trader sells crafter various animal oils he/she has at TT prices, etc. Sort of like in society trading in a lot of societies, but aimed at making contacts outside of your own soc., and giving folks opportunities to trad e with one another no matter what soc. they are in, etc. I guess that's what the classifieds is for?

1. huge gratz, extremely nice work and nice initiative

2. unfortunately - its an useless tool, one day u will understand it, I see no future for it ... just a short period bang and then natural death

thx for your feedback.
Dunno if there is a short or a long future for it, for sure many things will determinate this. By our side we will do each possible move to make this website better and more useful then now for everybody.
In any case was a really nice RL experience build it. We had to deal with RL companies, hours spend in programming, new contact in EU and EF, etcetc. It was a really formative experience, we are already richest now cause we learn a lot. We really hope to continue to learn.

I haven't listed anything to sell yet. But, I noticed there isn't an option for a bulk item listing. I have a bunch of pixie armor that I want to sell but, I don't want to spend time making individual trades.

This is exactly right. The main benefit to selling outside the game auction is selling "batches". For your website to work well, it must allow folks to:

• Sell complete sets of armor
  • Sell "packages" I.E. EP-41+A104+2x Beacin Laser Sight
  • Use default pics for items, but allow uploaded pics for clothes, and other customized items.
  • Clothes/colored items should be able to list exact textures/colors & even % success of each field.
  • Show full stats for each item
  • Show adjusted stats on SIB items based on uploaded skills.csv
  • Ability to offer bids in items. Seller can reject as needed.

Any website sales source should allow these. However, you are off to a good start. Good luck. :)

This is exactly right. The main benefit to selling outside the game auction is selling "batches". For your website to work well, it must allow folks to:

• Sell complete sets of armor
  • Sell "packages" I.E. EP-41+A104+2x Beacin Laser Sight
  • Use default pics for items, but allow uploaded pics for clothes, and other customized items.
  • Clothes/colored items should be able to list exact textures/colors & even % success of each field.
  • Show full stats for each item
  • Show adjusted stats on SIB items based on uploaded skills.csv
  • Ability to offer bids in items. Seller can reject as needed.

Any website sales source should allow these. However, you are off to a good start. Good luck. :)

But... there already is an option to sell full armor sets?
You can also upload your own images...

Things to fix:
Registration
- explanation as to why certain fields are needed, eg avatar name (incidentally is this FULL avatar name?)
- why is society REQUIRED
- why is United States of America out of order from all other countries? is this a bug or are you implying Americans are not intelligent enough to work their way through an alphabetical listing to find their own country? This is very annoying if you want to use autofind (i.e. start typing your country to auto jump to it) and you live in the United Kingdom for example.
- why is profession REQUIRED? What happens if you don't really have one or want to define your own? Why do none of these start with a capital letter?
- I'm pretty certain "Sweden" is a country not a language... sure you mean"Swedish" right?
- 'place to find you' has a space bug before the last word... (who did you say beta tested this again? o_O***)
Wistrel

Well step by step
When u win an offer u need to meet the seller in game to exchange item with PED. So it s very useful to know your avatar name, and avatar soc. Moreover if u let me know who u are in game i can feel more comfortable to deal with u.
Moreover know where do u live in RL can help buyer to decide to deal with u or not. If i live in USA and u in Australia maybe we don t play in the same time zone so it s difficult meet each other. So u can decide if deal or not with me according with this.

The USA is the first country listed in the list.

Profession is required cause we can use this information to customize the website according with your preferred profession. None profession was add. All the professions start with capital letters now. Lat space bug fixed. Swedish language fixed.

i have looked at and used this powerful sales tool, i find it FAR from useless, indeed, it has the functionality of specific search for items you know you need, or you can browse like ingame auction, you can easily contact a seller and make private offer of things on auction without the seller wasting money taking it off auction if he wants to accept the deal.For every reason people use EF or other sites for tradeing there are the same reasons to use Entropia Bay + more .All it takes is for plenty people to give it a try .

You should try it HduchC for selling your skills, after all its free .

...but it doesn't really help them improve. Pointing out flaws does.

Exactly what I did in your case. I pointed out your flaws.
Live with it, or die trying.

Aside from that...

To MZ (aka 'forum troll that I should know better than to feed'). Thank you for your enlightened opinions and fantastic inability read any more of a post than those bits which offend you.

So I was a little sarcastic?, so I was a little 'off'? I did comment that I wasn't presenting my views in the nicest cherry laiden way possible but this does not in any way make them "a waste of bandwidth" or "complete and utter crap". There was a lot more information in my post than what you have chosen to complain about. Yes it's lovely to say "well done" to somone (as I did actually):

...but it doesn't really help them improve. Pointing out flaws does. Even if its done in a bad way, as long as the relevant information is there, the developers can fix the problem.

As for the avatar name. Well thank you for pointing out the blindingly obvious. What you neglect to realise is that the world, like it or not, is full of idiots and any professional website worth its salt should cater to this level. We can all assume the reason behind avatar name being required but it is always nice to know for certain what the service provider wants it for as, believe it or not, its entirely possible the two reasons might not tally. This aside though, personally I believe the site should ask for "full avatar name" as to me at least this makes more sense for in-game trading. Additionally there is another reason why the site should be specific about this which is that it claims action will be taken against users who use fake credentials. If there is 'room for interpretation' over what credentials are actually required this makes it harder for the owners to enforce rules.

A final point, before you complain at me for the neg rep I am about to give you (as I'm sure you will, you seem the type...) please be advised the options regarding rep on this forum are "I approve of this post" or "I disapprove of this post". I disapproved of your post as it implied my words were useless and hence I would be better off removing them. If I had done so then the entropiabay developer would not have been informed of the bugs I highlighted. I don't see this as a positive thing.

Wistrel

I'm not going to tell you how to live your life. Assholes remain assholes no matter how hard you talk em out of it. If you ask dumb questions, you get dumb replies. If you're being an ass, people will treat you like an ass. Basic philosophy, "ya know".

Call me up when you'll build a website worth looking at, so I can criticize the hell out of it and make you cry outloud.

Good luck in whatever mental institution you must be living in.

Last edited:
Looks like a cool tool.

I plan on registering and begin exploring the website when i get off work!

Nomnom, happy times!

funny-pictures-tiger-is-interested-in-eating-a-tourist.jpg

wooohooo :) great work mate :D I'll sure use it

+rep

Saw no post about it. This is not against the revised EULA right?

If you manage to get alot of people using your service Im sure MA would actually revise their auction system and shop system. So good either way :)

Best of luck!

Terms
You must be over 18 to play entropia so therefore by allowing 16-18 year olds to use your site you promote abuse of your own system since such people will never be able to honour their bids or sales...
I didn't see anything about what happens if you want to remove your account. Did I miss it? If not you really should include this. Take for example the debacles over things like facebook or deviant art and the difficulty you an have removing accounts there...
Buying
"Your bid is a contract between you and the item seller. If you win the auction you will enter into a legally binding contract."
Legally binding? er... how exactly? :confused:
Sponsors
Clicking on all the sponsor images on the right just opens a new window with same content... Guessing this isn't correct.
Sorry this all sounds a bit arsey. I'm in an arsey mood to be honest so bug reports will have a certain air to them ;) On the whole seems good and best of luck to you.If I spot any other daft mistakes I'll be sure to pass them on
Wistrel

-Term and condition updated.....18 years since now :)
-Account elimination: u right, we will fix it soon
-bid contract........ it come with the software backbone. It and maybe another 2 or 3 text messages need to be eliminate or deleted for sure
-ads banners: they are there like example, u can read more here :
http://www.entropiabay.com/sponsor.asp. I think them can be useful to publicize your offers and activity. They are running like a free opportunity at this moment, so USE THEM :)

Wistrel
not only i m not upset for all your feedback but i m very happy about. Sadly i didn t know u before this tread or for sure i would use your skills for the beta test session.
So thx a lot and pls, tell me more.

Well step by step
When u win an offer u need to meet the seller in game to exchange item with PED. So it s very useful to know your avatar name, and avatar soc. Moreover if u let me know who u are in game i can feel more comfortable to deal with u.
Moreover know where do u live in RL can help buyer to decide to deal with u or not. If i live in USA and u in Australia maybe we don t play in the same time zone so it s difficult meet each other. So u can decide if deal or not with me according with this.

The USA is the first country listed in the list.

Profession is required cause we can use this information to customize the website according with your preferred profession. None profession was add. All the professions start with capital letters now. Lat space bug fixed. Swedish language fixed.

Good job on fixing the bugs so quick! Thats impressive! The info here is all well and good but this information should be on the registration page so people know exactly why it is needed when registering.

As regards USA being first, this doesn't mean it should be ;) I'm aware that, commonly, the USA is listed first on those types of combobox's as USA residents often represent the larger target audience for a service. With Entropia I would say a larger European or even Swedish audience seems more likely so the USA should be listed in alphabetical order just like all the other countries in the world.

Wistrel

PS yes I am picky ;)

PPS I noticed black text on a dark green background on an item listing for price I think. White text would be better on a dark background for clarity...

Last edited:
"You must be 16 years of age or older to gain membership to and use EntropiaBay."

You must be over 18 to play entropia so therefore by allowing 16-18 year olds to use your site you promote abuse of your own system since such people will never be able to honour their bids or sales...

Actually you can be 13 and play EU as long as you have your parents permission. You don't need your parents permission to play once you reach the age of 18. I don't think allowing 16 to 18 years olds would create any abuse or why they would be unable to honor any sale or bid they made?

From the current EULA:

To qualify as a Participant, you must be at least 18 years old. If you are not 18 years old but you are at least 13 years old, you may still partake, but only if your account was created and registered by your parent or guardian.

And DC, I would love the option for bulk sales, like paints and extractors etc. Speaking of which, I can't seem to find a place to list paints. I must be blind :)

But... there already is an option to sell full armor sets?
You can also upload your own images...

Ah yes, I see the full set section now. My apologies, was just a quick glance at the sight.

And I saw you can upload pics, but I don't see it using default pics.

As I said, a good start, but I still have a nice wish list. :D

Perhaps a bulk upload for folks selling entire inventories. Upload a copy of your inventory, remove as needed, and adjust default pricing before making your 89 auctions all in one shot.

Also a bulk upload for skills. Again adjusting prices before making the large number of auctions.

Also I assume you can quickly get a list of what a single person is selling right?

Also I assume you can quickly get a list of what a single person is selling right?

Some great suggestions there JC.

Please read my disclaimer earlier in this thread before reading my answer: :laugh:

When looking at an auction I saw a link for viewing all other auctions for that person. I am not sure if there is another way or a quicker way, but there is a way to do it.

-Account elimination: u right, we will fix it soon
-bid contract........ it come with the software backbone. It and maybe another 2 or 3 text messages need to be eliminate or deleted for sure
-ads banners: they are there like example, u can read more here :
http://www.entropiabay.com/sponsor.asp. I think them can be useful to publicize your offers and activity. They are running like a free opportunity at this moment, so USE THEM :)

Wistrel
not only i m not upset for all your feedback but i m very happy about. Sadly i didn t know u before this tread or for sure i would use your skills for the beta test session.
So thx a lot and pls, tell me more.

Thanks, its anal I know about the age thing but figured it should at least be inline with the Entropia EULA. The rules all get broken anyway of course but at least if they aggree with each other they can be consistantly broken ;)

Thanks for saying about the beta, yes its a shame as I would have been interested and have a lot of free time right now. I also have a history of managing to break things too! :laugh: In this case, I doubt I could find any MAJOR bugs though as you have based it on an established commercial product so it is likely to be very well tested at least at its core.

Thanks for not taking offence too, especially as my report style is a little 'off hand' today. I wish certain others could see that a forum member who's been around for nearly the lifetime of the site, has made over 15 hundred posts and has level "experienced" reputation is unlikely to ripping the shit out of people for no reason... :rolleyes:

Cheers
Wistrel

Actually you can be 13 and play EU as long as you have your parents permission. You don't need your parents permission to play once you reach the age of 18. I don't think allowing 16 to 18 years olds would create any abuse or why they would be unable to honor any sale or bid they made?

Once again I stand corrected! :laugh: I didn't know about the 13 clause. I have to admit I didn't check and was just speaking from memory.

In that case, I'd say its up to Entropiabay where they set the age limit. Sorry I got that one wrong and caused an unnecessary change. It's all academic of course since no one pays a blind bit of attention generally but as I said before, its good to be consistant :yay:

Wistrel

Nice idea, so I registered. :)

But please let me adjust the date format. I dislike reading a date format I don't get right at first glance.

cool, thx to sign in.
U can change many of your info details in:
My account/account/account details

Last edited:
Interesting idea. I went ahead and registered for future use.

One suggestion, maybe you could add a way of seeing the item for sales current in game average MU% on the auction page. I dont think it would have to be real time, but the more current the better imo. O

This is a great tool. Going to put my shop inventory in there asap.
Suggestions:
* I want to be able to choose "Designer" as profession
* Make sure you advertise this in-game a lot! That will be the difference between success and failure imo.
* And related to that, perhaps you could hand out signs to shop owners with the logo and text "shop inventory available at entropiabay.com"?

thx a lot for your post.
About shops, EntropiaBay is the perfect partner for shop owners. In effect u can use EntropiaBay to ads your items. We will create a new thread about but:
-excatlly for you there is a special listing category: Classified Ad - Generate leads by advertising in game shop's items.
-u can add all the items u want in just few mouse click
-all your offer will be never exhausted, cause u can set for how many day u want your shop offer is available.
-You can create many identical offer using My account, similar offer
-U can create an shop in EntropiaBay also u have not a in game shop, that can be a window on your in game shop offers
-customer can found your offer easily browsing the advance search option, search only classified.
-customers can confront your offers with other people offers.
-customer can sort offer by date
-customer can just go in your shop and buy the item u have listen in EB

about the publicity we are working on this and on many other options

For example in Genesis TP u can already found our publicity in Solaris shop.

Last edited:
Ducth auction and MA

1)I haven't listed anything to sell yet. But, I noticed there isn't an option for a bulk item listing. I have a bunch of pixie armor that I want to sell but, I don't want to spend time making individual trades.
2)All the test listings makes me feel like the site isn't very serious tho.
3)I had an idea for a trading site once...wasn't really an auction site, just a place for people to share inventories. I thought about making it easy for people to use their inventory data from EU's website and pick and choose the items they are willing to sell.Not sure if this is a feature you have or have thought about yet but, things like armor and resources don't have a unique appearance, so why not provide stock pics for those items. Although I can see that customizable items listings should encourage user created pics. Stock pics might help save on bandwidth.

Really awesome site tho:thumbup:

Thx mate for your feedback, i really appreciate.
1) actually this option is already present, and it s very advanced:

Dutch Auction – A Dutch Auction is another name for a multiple item auction. These listings are for selling more than one identical item individually in an auction format. Rather than creating a listing for each item, you can sell them all, one at a time, with one listing. Buyers can submit a bid for one, or multiple items in a Dutch Auction listing. When there are multiple buyers for a Dutch Auction, the item’s final cost is the lowest successful bid by the highest bidders.
u can found more info about listening options here:
http://www.entropiabay.com/helpgeneral.asp
2) i m going to eliminate them, but really i think they can be useful to understand how the website works. Let have some few offers and i will eliminate them in a flash for sure.
3)We sent a support case to MA during the beta test section.
They said us that they will look at us very closely and they suggest us to make particular attention about EULA 7 and 8. Those are the rules about copyright and third part programs. In order to respect the EULA we didn t add standard image from EU, neither the possibility to interact with any data coming from your private EU account. We think you suggestions are really correct, but we want give to MA the necessary time to check that our website is not against any EULA , it s not against in game auction and at the contrary it can help the players interaction. At that point maybe we will ask to MA the possibility to use in game imagines and other. Like for example Entropia Outfit and many other web resources already done. Until that moment, i hope u can understand we don t want make any mistakes. There are legal issues to consider ......and our account termination too :ahh:

Last edited:
Just a small suggestion, but it would be great if one was able to list offers, and other auctions to for that matter, for a bit longer than 7 days, especially orders ( reverse auctions on the site if I understand it right) as one might have to run an order for some rarer items for quite some time( For example; I just got hold of an item which I have searched for for about 9 months..) before someone that is interested in selling finds it..

nice stuff. Would be interesting if you had a TT trading section .. where people can buy/sell to one another at tt prices if all parties involved had to more or less do a little agreement type of thing.. for example, a crafter will sell a trader OA101(L) at tt value if trader sells crafter various animal oils he/she has at TT prices, etc. Sort of like in society trading in a lot of societies, but aimed at making contacts outside of your own soc., and giving folks opportunities to trad e with one another no matter what soc. they are in, etc. I guess that's what the classifieds is for?

your it s a really important point and yes there is already this listening option:

Trade - A Trade listing allows you to exchange goods or services with another user. You can choose to accept or decline any posted offer.

U can read more about listening options here:

Normally classified is for shops....... but i guess it can be useful for other trade situation too

Nice site, good idea, wish you success.

Hope it doesn't hurt the in game economy (I believe auction fees in game are added to the loot pool).

your it s a really important point and yes there is already this listening option:

Trade - A Trade listing allows you to exchange goods or services with another user. You can choose to accept or decline any posted offer.

U can read more about listening options here:

Normally classified is for shops....... but i guess it can be useful for other trade situation too

Thx, I re-listed the auction I put up as a trade.

Back