Announcing Entropians.com :: A new Entropia Universe community resource

Wow pretty please worked!! :yay:

But I can only choose one pack at a time to use?

Problem.

Downloaded the client on 2 separate machines. Why is this client running at over 50% processor utilization? Bit high for an IM application I would think.

Yes, you can only use one.

Ok, how do I make my own Icon Pack? I have a bunch of them I have been collecting. Tried to zip them and then add them but it says its invalid :(

And mine always runs over 50%

Downloaded the client on 2 separate machines. Why is this client running at over 50% processor utilization? Bit high for an IM application I would think.

I am not experiencing that kind of processor usage, nor have any other members reported such. I just checked with process explorer, and EntropiansIM client shows very little usage.

What Java platform are you using? Did you download the JRE or non-JRE version?

Entropians IM runs using 60MB of ram on my PC ... 00 CPU usage

I added you as a friend in the messenger client. would like to chat about this. I see patterns and would like guidance.

Ok. Here's why

After chatting with 711, he was able to duplicate the issue.

If you chat with plain text, you won't have any issues.

Once you open the icon display and "view" the animated icons, the processor utilization will spike and not go down.

Thanks for the chat and confirmation.

*Note, this could affect your EU gameplay if you do this.

Can't have that, now can we????

Indeed, seems to be a problem with the emoticon packs. I will hopefully resolve this issue in the next release of the IM client.

Thanks for reporting and helping to troubleshoot.

After chatting with 711, he was able to duplicate the issue.

If you chat with plain text, you won't have any issues.

Once you open the icon display and "view" the animated icons, the processor utilization will spike and not go down.

Thanks for the chat and confirmation.

*Note, this could affect your EU gameplay if you do this.

Can't have that, now can we????

Yeah thanks, for help figure out the problem.

LOL hope you got some +rep for it :)

Functions completely fine here, and so far so good. I like it.

Is there a way to stop EUIM from loading when I turn on my PC? There is no entry for it in the Startup folder...

Thanks!

EntropiansIM Tab, Preferences, Login , Uncheck Launch at Startup

Lynn

Even more propaganda? :yay::yay: awesome
Is it trustworthy? ... who owns the servers?

Entropians IM runs using 60MB of ram on my PC ... 00 CPU usage
lol

I get a message of Can't connect to server: invalid name or server not reachable.Worked fine the other day.:confused: Just wondering if it is just me or what?

I get a message of Can't connect to server: invalid name or server not reachable.Worked fine the other day.:confused: Just wondering if it is just me or what?

yea same here, server seem to be down atm

Server is still being worked on:

Sorry for the downtime, there is a database problem on the server. (God I hate windows servers...)

Working on it now, hopefully fixed soon.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Ahh ok that explains that. :)

Not knocking your attempt here 711, but why was this created, when Xfire has been around a helluva lot longer, is more stable by far, and has every feature you listed, and then some?

p.s. - for any naysayers who will possibly say, "Because Xfire isn't secure!" that little fiasco was 100% MA's problem of not having a secure login client for over 5 years (it was BECAUSE of xfire that MA fixed that little security hole {which was big enough to drive a Mac Truck through!}). Xfire is more secure than virtually anything else on the net at the moment.

Server is still being worked on:

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, there was a MySQL database crash on the server where EntropiansIM is hosted (the same Windows server that also hosts EntropiaRadio.com, Entropedia.info and EntropiaTracker.com). Redundant database backups were stored remotely for Entropedia (which has now been restored to service), but not for EntropiansIM sadly :(. EntropiaTracker uses a different database platform (MSSQL), and thus was not affected by the crash.

I regret to report that everyone will need to re-register for the EntropiansIM network. If you have already downloaded the client software, then all you need to do is visit the EntropiansIM Registration Page and sign up again with your desired username. You will then be able to log in to the network as normal.

I apologize for the inconvenience. :ahh: In the future, I will ensure that redundant database backups are made for EntropiansIM to minimize dislocation caused by Windows server updates corrupting the database :mad:

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Microsoft... bringing you database corruptions on a weekly basis! :laugh:

(just a small laugh on my part, I used to run both linux and windows servers, so I know the hell Microsoft causes) :laugh:

Unfortunately, there was a MySQL database crash on the server where EntropiansIM is hosted (the same Windows server that also hosts EntropiaRadio.com, Entropedia.info and EntropiaTracker.com). Redundant database backups were stored remotely for Entropedia (which has now been restored to service), but not for EntropiansIM sadly :(. EntropiaTracker uses a different database platform (MSSQL), and thus was not affected by the crash.

I regret to report that everyone will need to re-register for the EntropiansIM network. If you have already downloaded the client software, then all you need to do is visit the EntropiansIM Registration Page and sign up again with your desired username. You will then be able to log in to the network as normal.

I apologize for the inconvenience. :ahh: In the future, I will ensure that redundant database backups are made for EntropiansIM to minimize dislocation caused by Windows server updates corrupting the database :mad:

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Microsoft... bringing you database corruptions on a weekly basis! :laugh:

(just a small laugh on my part, I used to run both linux and windows servers, so I know the hell Microsoft causes) :laugh:

Indeed, I really hate Windows servers, but many of the project sites created by the community (e.g. Entropedia and EntropiaTracker) that I provide free hosting for employ .NET, so it is useful to have one Windoze server available (also for EntropiaRadio, which runs Windows Media Services).

Meanwhile, EF is a much more heavily trafficked website with a massive database, and never experiences these catastrophic crashes, being hosted on Linux based (CentOS 5) dedicated web and DB servers, a much more stable and reliable platform in my opinion.

Ironically, this whole mess was caused by one of those annoying "mandatory" Windows updates that required a reboot of the machine. :/

I hear ya :rolleyes:. Running a CS:S server on a windows server was HELL, because in a Linux server, Steam auto-updates and auto-restarts itself with no issues. In a windows environment, you had to do the updates manually, because if you set it to auto, it would lock up windows, waiting for "authorization" for the reboot... and it could hang for ddaayyss that way, lol.

But still curious why you made this, when Xfire is a valid tool as well? For everything you list as a functionality, and then some? I'm not saying your tool is bad, just wondering why make a clone of something which has been around a lot longer, is a lot stabler.. blah blah etc.?

Indeed, I really hate Windows servers, but many of the project sites created by the community (e.g. Entropedia and EntropiaTracker) that I provide free hosting for employ .NET, so it is useful to have one Windoze server available (also for EntropiaRadio, which runs Windows Media Services).

Meanwhile, EF is a much more heavily trafficked website with a massive database, and never experiences these catastrophic crashes, being hosted on Linux based (CentOS 5) dedicated web and DB servers, a much more stable and reliable platform in my opinion.

Ironically, this whole mess was caused by one of those annoying "mandatory" Windows updates that required a reboot of the machine. :/

But still curious why you made this, when Xfire is a valid tool as well? For everything you list as a functionality, and then some? I'm not saying your tool is bad, just wondering why make a clone of something which has been around a lot longer, is a lot stabler.. blah blah etc.?

EntropiansIM is meant to be a small, self-contained IM network for the EU community, making it easy for EU participants to find one another and stay in contact. Read the first post in this thread for more info on why I launched this project.

There are quite a few EF members who make regular use of the Entropians IM network, and find it valuable and convenient.

Of course, if you prefer to use XFire, then by all means feel free ;)

EntropiansIM is meant to be a small, self-contained IM network for the EU community, making it easy for EU participants to find one another and stay in contact. Read the first post in this thread for more info on why I launched this project.

There are quite a few EF members who make regular use of the Entropians IM network, and find it valuable and convenient.

Of course, if you prefer to use XFire, then by all means feel free ;)

I'm one of those. I prefer a Jabber Network than a closed one with a HEAVY client.

I love EntorpiansIM (when online... :ahh:)

I'm apparently an idiot and forgot my password. How do you reset your password?

I'm apparently an idiot and forgot my password. How do you reset your password?

You haven't forgotten your password; the database was reset, requiring all users to re-register.

Please see my post above for more info.

You haven't forgotten your password; the database was reset, requiring all users to re-register.

Please see my post above for more info.

Told you I was an idiot...

*note to self: read more... post less*

sorry if someone allready mentioned it on one of the last 18 pages :)

would be very useful when the EntropiansIM goes to the Taskbar, when minimized !

everyone can add me as

asgard nova novacula

would love to hear from YOU !! :)

Click on the "X" :)

Click on the "X" :)

then the messenger shuts down, allready tried it :)

EDIT : EEEEEK, thats what i dont like...
after "X" its not in my taskbar, but still in my task manager o_O

Back