Any pregold players still playing?

Usurper

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Emelie USURPER Andersson
I was browsing through the old and beta picture part of the gallery and was wondering, how many of the people playing then is still around?
It would have been fun to have been part of PE back then in the early days cuz the pictures show that there have been quite a change over the years.

It would be interesting for us "young" players to hear your stories from way back then.

few notes..
in the begginning mobs only did 10 dmg,
u actually looted things;)

well im not a pregold player but i been around for a while

Im no where near Pre-gold, but there's loads of them still around, and quite active. I also love hearing the stories, of how people TTd Shadow ect, as if It were Pixie ... *Sigh* the good old days :D

It also makes me laugh, that it's described as the latter. "The good old days". It was only about 3-5 years ago :laugh:

I came just afther pre gold.

U dont wanna hear the stories as u would be jealous and pissed u didnt find this game earlier hehe:laugh: :tongue2:

Nah dont wanna get to nostalgic, so ill jsut shut up lol

i came into the game a few month before the anti trabbing vu came out

i did 1/2 of my decipleship in space killing aurli/kreltin with mph :D

oh and mobs did always max dmg

I began playing before Project Entropia went gold, I could probably tell you hundreds of stories. But, I remember back in the old days when Mindark actually had their own forum and people talked about different items.

The Improved Mk.II was a rather new item back then, and people used to say that the TT was so high that noone would ever be able to afford to buy one. People didn't gather that many stats on the different weapons back then either, so hardly anyone actually knew how good it was. It wasn't until cK and HeadWar began gathering weapon stats that people actually began playing a bit more economic.

i feel sorry for just had found this game so late.... :(

Im a pregold Player :)

Hello there

I have played since pregold... And YES, PE (back then), EU (now) have change alot!!! I was born onto Calypso just north of Jason, and even Jason dont look the same anymore :)

Throu the years I tried other online games, but I just come back to EU. its a game I like, and know. And I allways looks forward to next VU and see what development UE takes.

and yeah... Im not a heavy poster here at EF...

Last edited:
and yeah... Im not a heavy poster here at EF...

So'k. Im a heavy spammer, erm, poster. And Im a complete noob! :D

To hear about things past gives a kind of perspective to meassure the current developments of EU.
And i feel that is important when hearing whispers of EU going in for e depresion and people leaving.
Have this kind of "low" happend before or is it a new occurance we are seeing?

Ups and downs ar normal.

Im just stunned by the prices that are here right now and very hesitant to pay +3K for a gun id get for 10% of the price only 1,5 year ago.

in 5 years time they`ll be talking of a time when you could repair weapons and armor, and those of us that have this "repairble" stuff will be the ubers of tomorrow.

in 5 years time they`ll be talking of a time when you could repair weapons and armor, and those of us that have this "repairble" stuff will be the ubers of tomorrow.

I guess that's a good way of looking at it too.

Yipp, I've played from day 1 actually, well I started then anyhow, harldy play today bcuz it ain't what it once was ;)

I was browsing through the old and beta picture part of the gallery and was wondering, how many of the people playing then is still around?
It would have been fun to have been part of PE back then in the early days cuz the pictures show that there have been quite a change over the years.

It would be interesting for us "young" players to hear your stories from way back then.

I'm a pregold player still playing :)

As for old stories and how it was back then, you might wanna read the
Remember when ? thread.

I miss PG :(

I'm also a PG player. Damn i miss those times

I'm also a PG player. Damn i miss those times
You remember the good stuff and forget the bad.

I'm about 6 month post-gold and there are several different point in time I look back at fondly but lets be honest, in general PE is much better today that it's ever been. Sure, there are problems but overall it is the best it has ever been.

Bout the depresion :). Well I rem when they totaly killed skilling. rem it as a bad memory but im still here thou my FL went absolytly blank after that VU. Everyone spoke of EU dying then to and that was like one year ago. As far as I know here we are skilling and wasting ped still ;D

I remember the good old days at the oilrig :
1 min 1 barrel 1 big Human circle . or a couple of Guards and 1 line Human ppl w8ting for oil hehehehe .

And i sure remember Hunting Araneatrox in my *orange suit* and only shooting with a FF8K , just run like hell get range turn shoot and run again oooo) now we are walkin like a 500 KG man. oink oink .

Also remember trowing my complete inventory arround the oilrig and many peeps w8ting for me to drop stuf , that it was not possible for me to Walk :,
Just because i was tired of being killed while w8ting for oil and i didnt want to depo ingame whatever happens. Now its years and MANY depo's further and im still here and depositing like hell.!!!! addicted ? ? ? nah :) lol.

Only thing i learned >>>> i cant quittttt

I remember the good old days at the oilrig :
1 min 1 barrel 1 big Human circle . or a couple of Guards and 1 line Human ppl w8ting for oil hehehehe .

I remember the circle :)
And I remember being cursed to whatever for taking the oil 3 times or more in a row when it was in "quickest gets it first" mode :)

Damn my GF laughed at me when i was staring at the monitor when the 2 min was over and it could drop any second... I could not dare to even BLINK my eye :)

And when I finally figured out people actually bought that damn stuff in Nymptown for crafting, after i had TT'd the most. I found a nice woman crafter whose name i cannot remember anymore and she asked me if I could arrange 40 ped of oil the next day. 40 ped was kinda a full week of "rigging", lol. :)

I remember the circle :)
And I remember being cursed to whatever for taking the oil 3 times or more in a row when it was in "quickest gets it first" mode :)

Damn my GF laughed at me when i was staring at the monitor when the 2 min was over and it could drop any second... I could not dare to even BLINK my eye :)

And when I finally figured out people actually bought that damn stuff in Nymptown for crafting, after i had TT'd the most. I found a nice woman crafter whose name i cannot remember anymore and she asked me if I could arrange 40 ped of oil the next day. 40 ped was kinda a full week of "rigging", lol. :)

Only 40 PED in a week? You didn't have the skillz then. :wise:

Still, I miss the good old days when every mob had a loot, even if the loot was 1 pec.

As for pre-gold, not I. Joined January 28th 2003 (wow, has it really been that long?), right after PE went gold. :D

Another Pre-Gold-er here! Yep, I have a lot of memories from back then. I could write an account of it if you want... (Or what I remember, at least!)

February 9th, 2002.

my personal "birthday" on calypso. well... or doomsdays. depends on the individual point of view.

and yes, im still fucked up about declining that imk2 offer for 2k peds. goddamnit!! that price was a bad joke back then, how could i know??

Buying Angel Helmets for TT + 30 ped and negotiating for a 2 ped discount!

Looting 7 or more FF8K's in a few days from Atrox south of Ithaca o_O

All mini's consisted of 1 item.

No sweating.

No PM system.

No oil rig.

Only 1 PvP area with a lot of ores and minerals to be found. cK used to own the place ;) (I really hated Demosthenes :p)

Constant and almost 100% guaranteed profit from Tantardions. Used to be a lot of fighting going on at the tanta place.

Shame they stopped announcing events through the glowball system, could improve the current participation level of non-profit based events. Guess the Universe grew to large for that and giving it to the community will mainly cause abuse nowadays.

There used to be a lot of lag and rubberbanding going on in the early days. One moment you were minding your own business and the next you dropped out of the sky or ended up on the otherside of Eudoria :p Sometimes lagpauses took about 10 minutes to pass. Also remember one time dropping out of the sky while using the TP from Cape Corinth to Hadesheim Central... halfway to Hadesheim dropping into the woods without a TP chip... #$^$%&%@ (meh still don't use a TP chip nowadays anyway :p)

Etc.... :p

Also remember one time dropping out of the sky while using the TP from Cape Corinth to Hadesheim Central... halfway to Hadesheim dropping into the woods without a TP chip... #$^$%&%@ (meh still don't use a TP chip nowadays anyway :p)

Etc.... :p

Dutch :D

Yeah the flying away bug was definately very anoying, as u often could not use revive at last revival point as it would be far away.

so u die and have to go all the way as a ghost, which was a nice sound but sucked :)

And of repair terminals which have been removed by then, and we have to fix our repairable stuff with looted repair kits (L). :dunce:

I came in a lil after Gold.

God everything was so diffrent then
Making a few peds per week on trading and being able to buy new clothes and decent items. No skill req's anywhere pple werent to hyped up on skills..

Hell every1 had 90 HP then anyways ^^

Hehe i remember beeing in a top 30 soc with 2k skill rifle

Back