Any pregold players still playing?

Im a pre-gold virtual resident.

Rubber-banding.

High 250% markup on Lyst.

Sold my shadovv helmet for 600 ped.

Mining was fun.

Still is...

Silver di Avlo

I’m new to this game and its really fun to read about the old days...
Actually a couple of my friends tested the game many years ago and then told me it was crap.
So I didn’t bother to try it my self... a mistake maybe... :rolleyes:

I have a noob question: Pre gold... what is that? :confused:

I started Project Entropia in Dec '02

I still have the original CD that Mind Arc sent me to install it, I must get round to scanning it and posting it in the relics area of EF lol.

I've seen many many changes and many people come and go.
I almost sold out at one point, just kept a few things like my Fashion Ripper Trousers, Black Shirt, Grey Stripy Underwear and my A3 - Justy mk2 and took a year off, had a peek and became addicted again.

I've no idea how I have 2 pairs of noob shoes though :/

I have all the Xmas pressies since then apart from the Santa Face Mask as I had so much trouble trying to take the damn thing off, it did my head in so much I TT'd it, whoops.

I got the Virtual Wife,Apartment and pet, all I need now is a Virtual Car and some chocolate covered brats to round it all off.

back when

I remember back when there were no animal oils .. the loot consisted of items and peds .. yep .. actual peds in the loots : )

Bones

Im also a pregold player. Game was better then and worse ;) .

The level of addiction never changes though :yay:

I came here almost 2 years back (see my sig)

I remember happy times at the now abandonded sweat farm north of the rig, and the spaceship east of phoenix, where people would sweat the corny's, and i would hear the frase 'fucking feffiods' repeated alot :laugh:

Iv seen those days vanish, and apartments suddenly rise up on the new continent, which use to be so bugged you could fall through the floor, as if it were quicksand... Iv seen tiny little faucervix, the size of molisk, that were almost 'cute'. The prices on items have risen alot since i joined, salamander use to be no more than 100 ped per peice. I remember buying 100's of peds owrth of clothes from the clothes shops in Hadesheim, and then selling them back to the TT, only to hear the next day that they were no longer for sale, and now go for 100 ped per peice. Sweat prices have gone from 1.0 to nearly 5.0, and then plumet back down to as low as 0.7.
Just to name a few things, and to think in terms of time scale on PE i havnt been here that long, i wish i had come earlier, and seen pre-gold.:)

I have a noob question: Pre gold... what is that? :confused:

A little bump... and a hope for this question to be answered ;)

A little bump... and a hope for this question to be answered ;)

Project Entropia went gold the 30th January 2003. I guess you could say that Gold was another word for Beta, or testing phase. The game was under heavily testing back then, and Mindark wasn't sure how different items would affect the economy, etc. So they kept changing things, and some of the heaviest changes happened when Project Entropia went gold.

Most of the weapons ingame had their range decreased with 50 - 100 metres. This was unannounced, and no one knew about it until someone repaired their weapon and posted about it on the forums. The range would not be changed until you had repaired your weapon, so a lot of players kept their weapons in storage for future use, or simply ran around using their Improved Mk.II with an additional range. However, some items went bugged and disappeared from the players inventory, they were later found in their storage with a decreased range. A lot of things happened back then, and the game was rather buggy as well. You could basically rubberband from one part of the continent to the other, and it happened at least once a day.

Last edited:
Thanks, Recoda. I appreciate the info. I had heard this reference many times, but always wondered what it meant.

At the time I came (very near to gold) , I just spawned in Twean Peaks ...
So , Exploring the rest of the world was piece of cake :/

It was announced the 10th of December -02, that it would go gold on Jan 30 -03. ;)

I can confirm this. Entropia Universe (then Project Entropia) went live ("gold") at 23:53 local time on the 30th of January 2003. It was a very tense day which I still remember quite clearly. =)

(back then VU's were depending on 3.5" floppy discs. Oh my.)

I believe "going gold" refers to the process of making the "gold master" of the CD which is then used to create the distributed CDs for the software. I could be wrong though.

Marco...care to visit some of the more recent and lively threads and contribute some current info? ;)

Ah, here it is:
wikipedia said:
The term gold anecdotally refers to the use of "gold master disc" which was commonly used to send the final version to manufacturers who use it to create the mass-produced retail copies. It may in this context be a hold-over from music production. In some cases, however, the master disc is still actually made of gold, for both aesthetic appeal and resistance to corrosion.

It is not time for some pre-gold person to send a support case now?

"Hi I put some shadow pieces in tt and a couple of mod faps 2002, can u return them to me?" ;)

Marco said:

Thank god you can buy them cheaply in packs of 5 now! :D

You know its all In fun ;D

I can confirm this. Entropia Universe (then Project Entropia) went live ("gold") at 23:53 local time on the 30th of January 2003. It was a very tense day which I still remember quite clearly. =)

Thanks Marco!! I started post-gold so I am curious about the differences and I appreciate you chiming in. Perhaps "going retro" could be an event in the future...

Thanks Marco!! I started post-gold so I am curious about the differences and I appreciate you chiming in. Perhaps "going retro" could be an event in the future...

what do u mean by "going retro"?

start to tt mod faps and shadow again :yay:

I started December 26. 2003.

The best things about old times was. Cheaper items. Definitly cheaper. I remember Adjusted fap was 4500 k. and i had my First DOA at +450 ped. Which was quite nice compared to now. Not all things was cheap anyhow. Fulls salamander (M) always been 2-3k back then of what i remember. it used to be a rare armor. and i just loved it back then. the design was so cool :D.

Loot could minium be 1 pec. and there did not exist the "no loot" system. This was more rewading , in the way you had a screen popping up. Instead of a mean yellow message.

Guns was not shown in 1st person mode. and their design (included most items in Entropia) was different. it was a more "slim" design. and the 1900RS scope just owned. i remember i bought a Tek 5 with a 1900 RS scope. and it almost looked exactly like a In real life AK-47.

Oil rig was more safe. in the way you could climb the builsings on the hill. and shoot the atrox from there or stay safe. So alot of people was always around. standing and watching on the hills.

Bugs was atleast as many as today. The game was still not anything near perfect. But it was much more affordable. and balanced. Anyhow. we did not have so many features as today.

The community was much smaller. meening most knew hegother in some way. Reselling was not very popular. There was not much money to gain. and prices did not raise very fast. before the booming adverticing began. Only much reselling happening was in ores. Buying for a lower % and selling for a bit more %.

Anyhow. I liked EU more back then. Than today. anyhow its a personal questions if the changes are good or not of course :)

Much of the old EU is still there today. But it has changed alot. Definitly in community as many went reselling/investing. and lesser play for fun.

Started in Pre Gold to, what a time :D

I clearly remember my apearance on the planet surface the first time.
Dropped into the swamps north of PA in Mr Bean style.
First encounter I had was a bery, I never forget that.

I also remember a bug called the "NASA Mob" bug, at least by the people I knew.
You could shoot at a mob a few times and it toke off like a rocket into the sky.
Pretty funny to see though :D

The original map was much smaller, and if you look at the curent map, you still can see the borders of the old map.

how so? refering to seeing the orignial map

how so? refering to seeing the orignial map

If you open the curent map:

Take pvp 3 as a reference point, that was the upper right corner of the old map.
Taking that, you can see a line to the west, just above hadesheim.
It is where the green go's into the sand colour.
If you look carefully you also see a line in the landscape running down, along the desert.

So that was the old map.

You also see that most city's/setlements are in that area.
I believe that the curent map was released when PE wend gold.
Later they added Ithaca and minopolis.
Those two city's where not present when PE wend gold.

Last edited:
<--- Pre gold

Also, Knabo Bob Plenkresk was BETA, and he still plays everyonce in a while

Started 1 month after Gold. Funny I see noobs posting who don't play, or didn't back then. :yay: <- redneck

I started playing a little while before "gold"

seems like forever ago.

I'll never forget lining up the n00bs in there OJsuits @ the rig for Oil, that came out every odd minute or so... good times, good times.

Or ripping apart spiders on the rocks in spider cannon South of Hades with my trusty Adj V1 - that I looted from the poor, non-aggessive Tards.

Sold that Adj V1 for a small fortune the 2nd time I quit. now it's worth 25 times that much, and I want it back. I love the sound of an Adj V1 or 2 combo-firing in the morning :)

Have quit a few times after that too. Still here :p

PE (or EU) is sooo different now-a-days. some for the good, some for the bad, but it's still as addictive as ever !!

Other memories :
Hunting trips with Mr. Claude, JM (JustMetal), Countess, NZR, K-rock, Stuek, egern, Hegemon, Hobbes, many many others.

Brief stint with DR soc. skilling like nuts! Faust, Jorge Starman, Romijo, DareDevil, and all the other who I can't remember.

Countless rig battles with Gen. Valk and his "followers" lol

Rig pwnage with Zippo and Zee. "GET BACK IN LINE OR DIE n00b!!"
(meeting Sigge @ the rig in her OJ suit - she was the best.)

Getting help from those 2 crazy ausie brothers NZR and his lil bro NZredemtion.

erhmm - "accidentally" killing Salkenex in PVP1 while he was mining, and him saying "Westin ... you ass!" for months afterwards in cities or whereever we would see each other. lol .. still makes me laugh.

Getting all my trading advice from Lemmy - trader extrodinar ... thanks m8!

Unloading countless ores and enmatters to Auktuma and SirM.

Wow, that's quite the list of things I just happen to remember off the top of my head. I can't imagine what all I can't remember.

Just goes to show that PE is a great game, with a great bunch of people.

- Westin

erhmm - "accidentally" killing Salkenex in PVP1 while he was mining, and him saying "Westin ... you ass!" for months afterwards in cities or whereever we would see each other. lol .. still makes me laugh.

:laugh: Westin..you pain in the ass.

I'm pregold, as I came into the game in July of 2002. I remember being able to walk through Area 39(Jason Centre) and Area 41(Atlas Haven) and not see a soul for hours. Hunting the exos south of Area 39 thinking crap these things are hard, maybe I'll try mining. Got hooked on mining from there. I used to get goose bumps when coming up over a hill and looking into a valley full of claim rods. Ooh I miss the old claim rods. I remember being one of the first miners to discover the lines. I wish I would have been smarter with that and made the fortune I should have instead of squandering away the discovery I had made and what it meant. I hate the fact that I've never hit anything big mining. I always felt my time would come but it hasen't. Oh well. I still have hope.

Personally, I enjoyed the pre-gold period so much more than now. But that being said, the scope of the game has gotten very impressive and MA has come a very long way since '02. Both technically with the game and with their attitude towards the community.

Ahhh pre gold.
The game was so fun, no stress about "I just lost 3800 ped today", Shadow was TT, outrunning mobs, shooting 180 range and the best part - NO SCAMMERS.

Server stability was pretty bad but 24/7 support was able to reboot or resync the geo servers. Stability now is about 9400% better, good job MA :)

Ahhh pre gold.
The game was so fun, no stress about "I just lost 3800 ped today", Shadow was TT, outrunning mobs, shooting 180 range and the best part - NO SCAMMERS.

Server stability was pretty bad but 24/7 support was able to reboot or resync the geo servers. Stability now is about 9400% better, good job MA :)

You forgot 1 big thing also , No RESELLERS :p.

I started same time as faustian, 1 month after gold. But dont think you really could call PE gold at that time :D. The servers were so unstable somtimes that it was impossible to play, u got disconnected every minute.

But everything was so fun back then, Pe was a game.
The rigg had no bunkers, was just plain land and the atroxes ate up the noobs. the oil popped up every 30sec-1.5 sec so the ubers tryed to organize it by making a line. But i never cared about that line and i was a wonderfull oil thief :p.
Also remember my first global, even got a pic on it

I got like 4 pair of shirts and jungle boots ,and isidor got some clothes 2.
Back then u knew that u would get a global if u took 20k ammo with you.
The highest ath was 2300 ped on a longu (contained imp mk2). And then some months l8r NZR got a 3.5k? on neconu and everyone thought it was insane.
Everyone kinda knew each other, and the only ubers(almost), was cK and they killed everythng in their way. I remember on some boxing tournament, when they dident let angel continue. So she called cK there and killed everyone and destroyed the whole tournament haha.

I can tell a million more storys. But i end my post with one of the hofs i have liked most. Cause its so coulorfull and nice :p (remember back then 150 ped were much!, a adj hero costed+100)

Back