Any pregold players still playing?

I'm one of the goners... And I come back to the forums every 6 months to see how's the mood and how the game feels like for its players. Always the same sort of stories and posts - Oh how I miss pre-gold, a post or two about how someone lost a lot of money and a couple of people furious about no loot or useless boring loot.

I do not regret leaving. I regret not having played more back in pre-gold era as it looks like the Entropia I loved is truly gone forever.

The whiners of pcf don't really speak for all the players. There is quite the silent majority.. they are playing the game.. like you are supposed to do.

Oh how I miss the days of the 13.3 dialups , the 8 bit graphics , analog sound .. lag .. oh how I miss the lag.

Oh how I miss the days of the 13.3 dialups , the 8 bit graphics , analog sound .. lag .. oh how I miss the lag.
Right :)

I'm a noob, I wasn't here at pregold, I found the game when it's population was already booming. Rubberbanding was pretty common at peak hours in the most crowded areas. 3 steps forward, back to the square one, 4 steps forward, 3 back... It was kinda funny at first, after a while it gets annoying and you were hoping maybe I can escape this server and get someplace else with less people... sometimes you could, sometimes you couldn't.
Yeah lag was terrible, nothing we experience today comes even close. If I had this lag today I would prolly give it up, or at least play a lot less. Back then you tried to stay online no matter how bad the lag was or how unplayable the game got at times. Says a lot about the game. Not everything's got worse, but there's definitely something we've lost over the years...

"Lag Forecast" form the March/April 2007 issue of The Calypso Post:

lagforecast.jpg

Last edited:
yes i am pre gold..Hofs like you wouldn't Believe..omg :/

Im a pregolder

Ive made a new EU account from my first one, but I've been around just before it went gold.

Used to have the name Zanathos, but ingame I use Kova or Kovathos now.

Mind you not playing constantly, I've taken a number of breaks over the years for various amounts of time.

I very rarely deposit, mostly living off of all I had and sold back in 2006 at my peak playtime and depositing, been hunting very low level enemies since then.

Always end up comming back for a bit every now and then because as of yet there isnt another mmo out there that gives me as many different things i like in one game as EU does.

Back