Elite
Society
Scorpio
Oracle Kev FountofWisdom
Here are the Winners in my 'Win an Apartment' competition:

1st Prize: Apartment 1B, Omegaton + rent paid for 1 year:

the Winner of the Apartment, subject to verification, is:

Cool_Fire

The music video I thought was Richard Thompson's best performance amongst the 18 videos I posted for the competition was:

Woodstock

lyrics: http://www.answers.com/topic/woodstock-song

[YOUTUBE]h54rRq2SAv0[/YOUTUBE]

Aegyan called it right, said exactly the reasons why he rated it so highly but didn't think it would be my choice.

Basically I agree with his comments. Richard Thompson was asked to step in at only a couple of hours notice after the group who were supposed to be singing it at Joni Mitchells's tribute concert pulled out.

Despite not knowing the chords he improvised, at very short notice, what I think is a tremendously powerful and emotional interpretation of one of Joni's classic songs.

You can see how Joni herself is moved and obviously loved it.

OK, so the following avatar's correctly chose Woodstock as being my favourite RT performance amongst the 18 featured music videos in this competition.

The numbers next to their name will decide which one of them wins the apartment.

It will work like this: the first number drawn in this Saturday's UK National Lottery 'Lotto' Draw will decide the winner. With seven people all correctly picking Woodstock then each get 7 numbers in the draw. I'll explain more tomorrow if it isn't clear.

01-07 amandaboo12

08-14 Cool_Fire

15-21 jonvalle0226

22-28 Maxvell

29-35 MRmP

36-42 N. Radioactive

43-49 Warpath

Note that the above are subject to scrutiny that they meet all the competition entry requirements. [specifically that you have an avatar connected to your Entropia Forum account because if you win the apartment it must be collected by this avatar]

2nd Prize: Aegyan RidgeRunner See

Omegaton A104 amp

Resettlement Storage Container(L?)

Personal Storage Terminal (L)

Skildek Viper (L) tt=94.76

5000 Explosive Projectiles

BullTac30(L) tt=41.0

3rd Prize: Monet Babyback L'Epitome (Profit)

Omegaton A102 amp

Omegaton A103 amp

Skildek Cobra(L) tt=60.22

BullTac30(L) tt=37.44

5000 Explosive Projectiles

4th Prize: Claire Lee DeLioncourt

Isis CB19(L) tt= 53.29

BreerM1a(L) tt=22.30

T-Bird gloves(M,L) tt=70.00

BullTac30(L) tt=29.08

Special:

I'll be inviting up to 11 competition entrants, including all the above prize winners, to join me on a 'big mob' team hunt when teams are re-implemented.

Last edited:
The following are invited to join me on a 'big-game' team hunt, (date to be decided) :

1) Winner of Apartment (when we know who that is on Saturday)

2) Aegen

3) Profit

4) Lee

5) Rockchick

6) DJ

7) Imperious

8) Narfi

9) LeeLooFaith

10) Oleg

11) Johan Roadkill

First Reserve: James Clayton

If your name isn't in the list but you still want to be considered for the team hunt please keep an eye on this thread as I'm sure not everyone will be able to make it and you might be able to take their place and please say if you'd like to join this team hunt (unless you said something negative about RT or his music *cough* timmmers *cough*).

But if your name is on the list please say whether or not you're interested in joining Team 'Richard Thompson' and say your mob preference and best day/time (my personal preference would be for one Sunday around 20.00 hours MindArk time but open to suggestions).

Whilst I can't guarantee an equal share of the loot for all I'd like those who wish to take part to consider letting those unable to do much damage have a decent share of the loot nonetheless.

Also, I'm looking for at least 6 people to join me otherwise I doubt I'll be going ahead with this.

Last edited:
OK I hope everyone who entered the competition finds this OK.

Thank you to all who have entered, I've really enjoyed running this competition and the people who have made positive comments about Richard Thompson have, for me, made it all worthwhile. :)

I'll soon be announcing the Competition Winners, in reverse order, in the first post of this thread.

Please feel free to comment in this thread or ask any questions but please read the following first:

* there are 7 correct answers for the Apartment Prize and as only one person can win the apartment the winner will be decided by this Saturday's UK National Lottery Draw (31st October).

Details of how this will be done will be explained above.

* originally there was only going to be the apartment prize and a second prize...however as I struggled to choose a second prize winner I'm now giving 4 prizes.

I've just made the decision on a gut feeling and to be honest any one of the prize winners could have won the second prize...but I had to make a decision so I hope you understand my predicament and my limited funds

* please note the prize announcements are subject to the winners meeting all the competition requirements and I reserve the right to withdraw prizes from anyone who does not comply

* the prizes I'm awarding I'm giving in good faith so if I've made a mess with calculating their respective values or you don't get exactly the items promised please don't hassle me

* my decision is final and there is no grounds for appeal unless I've made an obvious error

* I reserve the right to add to this list or change my mind on anything until the point of me awarding the prizes

Last edited:
Cool Competition

:yay: Hey maybe I will win something :) At least made the list of 7...congrats to all the winners !!!

weeee i have a chance of winnin something:yay:

gratz to all the winners :)

Congratulations to all winners!
Wish I'da won! Hehe, regardless, thanks again for a great competition Oracle, I hope this spawns many more future competitions for the musically inclined :D

*edit*
... omg.
... I won something?
:woohoo:

Last edited:
Congratulations to all winners!
Wish I'da won! Hehe, regardless, thanks again for a great competition Oracle, I hope this spawns many more future competitions for the musically inclined :D

Thank you for your nice words Profit, it has certainly been a great pleasure to run this competition!

Profit, as discussed in our pm, providing that you link you avatar to your EF profile to the left of this post, eg as the avatars who have posted above have done, you will win the 3rd Prize.

If anyone is interested I've made a Music Blog where I've collected together a few of my favourite RT YouTube videos:

http://zonekemlo.blogspot.com/

Limited by the availability of decent performances on YouTube though, eg if the recorded (electric) version of Gethsemane was on YouTube that would have been included as would many other of his songs I love including Devonside, Walking the Long Miles Home and many others I just can't bring to mind at the moment (just got up). :)

I'll be posting the names of the avatars I'm inviting to team hunt with me when teaming is re-introduced (avatars will be chosen from those who entered the competition).

If your name isn't in the list but you still want to be considered for the team hunt please keep an eye on this thread as I'm sure not everyone will be able to make it and you might be able to take their place.

ME! ME lol ME! ME! :yay::yay::yay: Pick ME!

yay! I made it into the 7

Gratz to all the winners :wtg:

And thanks Kev for introducing us to Richard Thompson :)

Nice competition :wtg:

Wow, thanks Kev, nice competition, great idea to introduce others to a 'musician's musician' like RT. Gratz to all the winners.

As I said in pm, I'm not in game much these days, hardly logged in for the last couple months, but will try to meet up with you at some point, if not, maybe my prizes can be donated to a noob or a worthwhile cause or something. Will let you decide how long is long enough to meet up :)

1/7 chance! Wow I can't beleive i got it right! I guess that's the closest I'll ever get to getting an apartment :yay: Thanks for the great competition BTW!

Gratz to all the winners :wtg:

Prize Winners: as at 18.55 in-game time I'm crafting at New Oxford if you'd like to collect your prizes.

If not please pm me with where and when to meet.

I'm hoping to meet up with Aegen at around 23.00 tonight, in-game time, so let's say meet at Port Atlantis tp at that time.

I will be 100% keen!
Ofcourse that's subject to availability though (influx of work recently), plus, my studio won't compose by itself yaknow?
:D
But I will definately try to free up some time for a good ol' team pewpew! :wtg:

But if your name is on the list please say whether or not you're interested in joining Team 'Richard Thompson' and say your mob preference and best day/time (my personal preference would be for one Sunday around 20.00 hours MindArk time but open to suggestions).

:wtg: Would love to join you guys on a hunt :) The time and day is great for me, it all depends on the date (Most are good I think as long as its not this weekend ) :)

Hoping for a winning number on Saturday :)

Thanks Kev for a :cool: and interesting competition and if I get the auto invite to the hunt I would love to participate if the timing works out.

Cool_Fire
:wtg:

Always happy to hunt with you Kev.... X-Factor will have to wait! LOL :laugh:

What time Saturday were you thinking off?

Make it late, cos I intend to drink too much on Friday! :beerchug:

Gratz to winners! :wtg:

Always happy to hunt with you Kev.... X-Factor will have to wait! LOL :laugh:

What time Saturday were you thinking off?

Make it late, cos I intend to drink too much on Friday! :beerchug:

Gratz to winners! :wtg:

Won't be Saturday Debbie coz we won't know the apartment winner until it's too late to organise because it will be decided by the lottery draw (apart from Derren Brown of course who already knows the winner) ;)

Speaking of which I'll post a link to a video of the draw in the first post to show that it was done fairly.

We'll not rush into organising this, it might be in a few weeks' time so we can plan things properly.

Tell you what, I'll suggest Sunday evening, November 15th, that's two weeks this Sunday.

By evening I mean something like 20.00 hours MA time.

We could test how strong our team is by starting on little Spiders then moving to the nearby Falx land.

Then if we knock them down OK (not sure how many strong players we have because only know a few in our team) we could move up to something bigger maybe.

So if possible could all team members make sure they have the tp near the spider land please...the new one beginning with 'C', can't remember name but I'll edit it in later.

I am going on vacation Sat 14th, will be in Hotel by Sun 15th but dunno if I can access internet/Eu (i do hope so) .. so will be surprise If I am there or not.

I am going on vacation Sat 14th, will be in Hotel by Sun 15th but dunno if I can access internet/Eu (i do hope so) .. so will be surprise If I am there or not.

How long is your vacation LeeLoo?

The following are invited to join me on a 'big-game' team hunt, (date to be decided) :

1) Winner of Apartment (when we know who that is on Saturday)

2) Aegen

3) Profit

4) Lee

5) Rockchick

6) DJ

7) Imperious

8) Narfi

9) LeeLooFaith

10) Oleg

11) Johan Roadkill

First Reserve: James Clayton

I'll pm all the above on Sunday when we know the apartment winner and try to work out the best day to get as many as possible in the team.

wow.
Congratz to all the winners ;)

ah just came back from egypt =) Gz to all the winners and i'll gladly join the team hunt if i'm abled to:yay:.... any1 know when team will be back btw?

ah just came back from egypt =) Gz to all the winners and i'll gladly join the team hunt if i'm abled to:yay:.... any1 know when team will be back btw?

Teaming is back! :)

Back