Apartment Competition: Results & Winners

Information update? :)

Not much in the voting at the moment.

Two dates with 6 votes each at the moment so if that remains the case then either LeeLoo or Rockchick would miss out.

Hi Kev!
I've quit EU so feel free to offer my prizes to someone else, alternatively I have a friend who plays on no deposit who'd love them, you can message me and I will give you his contact details, otherwise all the best to you and all participants and thanks again for an awesome competition~

Hi Kev!
I've quit EU so feel free to offer my prizes to someone else, alternatively I have a friend who plays on no deposit who'd love them, you can message me and I will give you his contact details, otherwise all the best to you and all participants and thanks again for an awesome competition~

sad to hear that allthough i did not know you it's always sad to see people go but i wish you there were best of luck =)

Hi Kev!

Hi Profit...sorry to hear you've quit EU because I enjoyed reading your comments about music.

Unfortunately I can't give the items to your friend (against my original competition rules) but if your avatar is still active you can collect them from me and pass them on to him if you like?

If not best of luck in your future music career and online gaming! :wtg:

With nothing in the voting I've decided on Sunday, December 6th for the team hunt as it's looking like this is the best day for me.

I've decided to restrict this hunt to those I've invited by pm and I'm narrowing it down further to those who have taken the trouble to vote.

I will pm those invited early next week with details where to meet and what time.

If you don't have a minor tp chip or better please get as many tp's as you can in case you need them.

Hi Kev!

That really does suck to see people leave Entropia :( ... now what to do with those prizes? :scratch2: :ahh:

p.s. I just want to add that RT is my hero :D

lol sneaky:laugh:

cya on the 6th Kev =)

I've now got a doubt about the date of the hunt, it may not be December 6th.

As I've not been online much lately I forgot about a problem with my PC overheating (ctd's after 15 to 20 minutes online).

I'll see if I can sort out some better cooling before the weekend and if so I'll email everyone...if not then I'm afraid it won't happen just yet until I get this fixed.

good luck getting it fixed Kev.
no problem if not, better get a later date than crashing every couple minutes

Update on my PC over-heating problem.

After de-dusting my PC it made little difference with ctd's after 15 minutes or less.

But I've been able to play for long-ish periods by using the 'safe mode' option at EU log-in even though the cpu core temperature (60 C) was the same or higher than when it was crashing in the 'high' graphics mode I normally use.

Graphics look terrible though so not a long-term option.

I've sent this support case in case graphics drivers are an issue and await MindArk's reply on this:

2009-12-02 22:52 You wrote:

I'm currently experiencing serious overheating problems when I play EU and I ctd after about 15 minutes or less.

It's probably a hardware problem but just in case I'd like to ask about the current graphics driver recommendation.

My card is an nVidia Gainward 260 golden sample and previously you've advised using the old 182.08 driver for best stability (eg this post: http://www.entropiagateway.com/2009/08/nvidia-driver-issues/ )

Please could you tell me if this is still your advice or should I now be using the latest nVidia drivers?

Many thanks for your help on this.

Oracle Kev

heat problems

Howdy Kev,

Hope you get a resolution on the heating problems. Pc issues sure are frustrating.

Cool_Fire

Update on my PC over-heating problem.

After de-dusting my PC it made little difference with ctd's after 15 minutes or less.

But I've been able to play for long-ish periods by using the 'safe mode' option at EU log-in even though the cpu core temperature (60 C) was the same or higher than when it was crashing in the 'high' graphics mode I normally use.

Graphics look terrible though so not a long-term option.

I've sent this support case in case graphics drivers are an issue and await MindArk's reply on this:

2009-12-02 22:52 You wrote:

I'm currently experiencing serious overheating problems when I play EU and I ctd after about 15 minutes or less.

It's probably a hardware problem but just in case I'd like to ask about the current graphics driver recommendation.

My card is an nVidia Gainward 260 golden sample and previously you've advised using the old 182.08 driver for best stability (eg this post: http://www.entropiagateway.com/2009/08/nvidia-driver-issues/ )

Please could you tell me if this is still your advice or should I now be using the latest nVidia drivers?

Many thanks for your help on this.

Oracle Kev

MindArk's reply to my above support case:

2009-12-08 10:52 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Since this recommendation was made nVidia has released new drivers. The BSOD issue that caused us to make this recommendation in the first place has been reported, but only in very few isolated cases. We therefore recommend that you now upgrade to the latest drivers; however please report to us if it causes any issues.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

So I'll give the newest drivers a go and see what happens.

A further hassle for me is that my computer chair has broken (I'm not fat btw!) and can only use an old wooden step-chair as a replacement till I can go shopping (which isn't very comfortable for the long periods of play I would be able to do if my PC wasn't overheating)...such is life. :xrolleyes:

Howdy Kev,

Hope you get a resolution on the heating problems. Pc issues sure are frustrating.

Cool_Fire

Thank you Cool_Fire...at this rate though we'll miss the SGA items we were fated to loot. :xmad:

I can now hunt OK on Low graphics settings without ctd'ing (not tested this for over an hour yet but think it's OK).

Also, I've bought a comfy chair.

So...how are the chosen few fixed for the Richard Thompson team hunt next Sunday, December 20th?

I'll send a pm in the next day or two to find out if we have enough for the hunt.

I can now hunt OK on Low graphics settings without ctd'ing (not tested this for over an hour yet but think it's OK).

Also, I've bought a comfy chair.

So...how are the chosen few fixed for the Richard Thompson team hunt next Sunday, December 20th?

I'll send a pm in the next day or two to find out if we have enough for the hunt.

i'm up for it =)... need to buy a network cable though my wireless keeps failing
error with the "standard gateway" what ever the hell that is ^^

I'm sorry but due to the number of people who can't make it this Sunday I've decided to postpone the hunt until next year.

It will now take place in January (hopefully) on one of the Sundays after the 14th.

If you could post to let me know you've read this I'd appreciate it please?

I'm sorry but due to the number of people who can't make it this Sunday I've decided to postpone the hunt until next year.

It will now take place in January (hopefully) on one of the Sundays after the 14th.

If you could post to let me know you've read this I'd appreciate it please?

np hopefully i can make it then aswell ;)

Just found this Richard Thompson version of a 16th century Italian song (from his CD set '1000 Years of Popular Music'):

So Ben Mi Ca Bon Tempo:

[YOUTUBE]8DL8wc3WFcc[/YOUTUBE]

Happy Christmas to all Richard Thompson fans out there! :xmas::dj:

Last edited:
Ready to start the new year off with good loot!!!

Look forward to the hunt in Jan.

i'll set up a Richard Thompson playlist and play it through out the hunt :yay::)

Sorry for short notice but is this Saturday, January 23rd at 21.00 hours MA time any good for those invited to the Richard Thompson team hunt?

I will try to make it

Hope we have a great hunt:yay::yay::yay:

hmm maybe i can, don't know

...okey just checked time is fine for me but ammo could be a problem will se what i can do =)

narfi can make this Saturday also so our fate now rests in the hands of RockChick.

If she can make it then we'll go with Saturday but if not then we're two down again so I'd prefer to wait a bit longer.

Back