Call for crew members for the mothership Kronan!

See answers below

Motherships obviously need upgrading for the perils of space, I imagine mainly speed and SI.
They can be at least :) How and what is to be determined.

Do only the shields suffer SI damage or also the turrets etc, and what are the new levels of SI defense if you upgrade?
Shields are not yet implemented. 4 ship sections that can be damaged. Upgrade effect yet to be determined.

What are the increased speeds of a mothership (for faster journeys AND protection against sleip attack, although probably not against quad fighters)?
Yet to be determined

Are the turrets actually placed in sensible places on a mothership, or are there safe attack angles for knowledgable pilots?
No pilots are safe against a MS with an experienced crew! :laugh:

Attackers have so much to aim at, maybe they can twist and turn but still fire at the ship. How hittable are vehicles like slieps when using turrets or will it be better to have defender ships (speed strategies may be necessary)?
Thats for us to find out

Karma: according to notes, good or bad depends on first ship the mothership destroys. If not too late I advise making a clear choice and making it so in a pre-planned fight with a '(bad?) friend'! (probably to be good, as I imagine successful defense will only then increase karma if it's good mothership destroying bad attackers, but I could be wrong here..)
As I understand it all kills influence on Karma

For voice communication, the basic, no PEDs version of the built in voice chat is probably sufficient for non-tactical comms. I'd recommend all participants to have the PTT function enabled though. :)

For voice communication, the basic, no PEDs version of the built in voice chat is probably sufficient for non-tactical comms. I'd recommend all participants to have the PTT function enabled though. :)

That would help a lot! (Have not tried this communication yet, but we should definately ensure the crew is up to speed regarding this).

To all potential crew members
I have noted down your information (and if we use ingame voice chat I have no further need for info atm.). I propose our first formal meeting takes place tomorrow evening at 18.00 MA time at Argus. (Don't worry if you can't be there. We will have several meetings until all is settled.)
I look forward to meeting you guys!

/Sbi

I'll be there!

:yay:

Edit: Never mind.

Last edited:
Ty for your initial answers, sbi. A lot is still to be determined, yes.

Your meeting time unfortunately clashes with a bit of bug testing. Short story - the fort events (maybe others too) are bugged and can crash people out completely until the event is over (i.e. they can't successfully log back in again without crashing immediately during the remaining event time). As I have been a big fan of the fort events I'd like to gather info to get a solution as quickly as possible. Otherwise it will just be a 'broken' part of the system again, which is a pity, as I guess it is a findable and solvable bug!

In a nutshell, I may quickly become completely unable to be logged on at all for the remainder of the hour from 18:00 onwards. On the other hand, if I come to the meeting for 30 mins I could then go to the event and see if anyone is still 'alive' in it... Ok, will test to see if just 'being' in an event but somewhere else also gets crashed..... I thus hope to see you later :)

ah was gonna pop by and listen in but there I'm an hour early (british summer time -_-). Prolly won't be joining the crew though. But thought I'd come listen in anyhow.

Wistrel

Sounds interesting... I'll be there! :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV_4OGKogBU

sbi claims is faked. any sane person can see it is not and I will provide better quality.
this is not my only kill on sbi mothership, I left only when I got bored.
go there and you will get looted, and marooned.

sbi claims is faked. any sane person can see it is not and I will provide better quality.

Ehh when did I claim it's fake?? :eyecrazy: I said the gfx looks good... Nice to see MS blown up from that angle.

Ehh when did I claim it's fake?? :eyecrazy: I said the gfx looks good... Nice to see MS blown up from that angle.

I am happy you like it, I will try to produce movies from every possible angle for your enjoyment.

was unable to get to meeting...probably cause i was on arkadia...will all meetings be on calypso? can come back there but will have to leave my inventory behind...

I would like to thank sbi for the awesome experience!

:shower:

This is going to be even more fun when the game lets us man more than three guns and increase the SI!

:yay:

Umm, I have read the posts cause u seem to like repeating yourself and nowhere is it claimed to be fake :scratch2:

Sounds like an fun ship to join :)

Thank you SBI for the nice ride, I think we have all learned a lot, so we will meet in future!

Nice trip, ThanxXx

:cheer:

Also thanks from me to sbi! :laugh: I still see quite a bit of potential in this, despite being choked in the cold depths a few times..... lets do it again soon and get our game up a bit!

Thanks Sbi from me as well. Great learning experience. With training, things will get better...as well as with upgrades, I'm sure. Two hits from a quad, shouldnt destroy even a nooblet mothership, with no one repairing...should be a challenge, with a crew activley defending/repairing it. There needs to be some balancing.

:) Yeah thank you all for participating. It was fun for sure. Looking forward to practising some more with you guys.

Next time though we DEFINATELY need more cookies!

/Sbi

Thanks Sbi for this opportunity to join Kronan crew. This was fun! ;)

Hopefully I'll be less confused/lost next time (can't blame it all on the fumes on lower deck). I hope Mindark will fix an update of MS UI soonish, along with all the other little things that need fixing.

This was huge fun and with nothing to lose on one its not that bad :)

Shame I missed this. Keep me posted for the next one please.

I propose we head out tonight again :) To change schedule a bit for new arrivals let us meet at Argus at 19 MA time... (Those who already went yesterday will be summoned automatically, so you do not have to come to Twin if you'r busy).

See you for another fun ride!
Sbi

Repair man here....

Reactions: sbi
sbi: sounds great! Will you have any time beforehand for a few suggestions from your tactical advisors or are you logging on close to 19 MA time yourself? ;)

I propose we head out tonight again :) To change schedule a bit for new arrivals let us meet at Argus at 19 MA time... (Those who already went yesterday will be summoned automatically, so you do not have to come to Twin if you'r busy).

See you for another fun ride!
Sbi

I'm so there! :dancing:

I'll be there! I'll be trying to grab a gunner seat this time. :D

tonight's gathering involves flying around in ms? if yes can you take a detour to arkadia? if not i'll try and make it to caly :)

Disclaimer: not suggesting i require to be picked up, just lazy, don't change plans due to my nagging :)

Reactions: sbi
Back