CLD Future Price Speculation

Price will go up a bit more until the bubble bursts.

After the mass panic and mass selling (possibly even below the 1k mark), it will be traded around 1100/1200 ped.

Price will go up a bit more until the bubble bursts.

After the mass panic and mass selling (possibly even below the 1k mark), it will be traded around 1100/1200 ped.

When do u expect the bubble bursts, mass panic and mass selling?

I can predict eartquakes, just not the time and the place :silly2:

Wasn't that a sign near biffoid territory and not umbras? :scratch2:

I also wasn't around when there were "Biffoids", but i always associated that sign with the umbranoid village.
eu-umbra1_418649.jpg

You can see in this image where the sign was located:

As to landgrab, I bet that CLDs used to stake land will lose their revenue generating ability, therefore there will be not so many people getting homes.

Well that would be an interesting twist, wouldn't it?

As to landgrab, I bet that CLDs used to stake land will lose their revenue generating ability, therefore there will be not so many people getting homes.

Q. What happens to my revenue share payments if I do not claim any Land Lot plots?
A. You will still receive all revenue share payments. Land Lot plots are simply an additional feature offered to those who choose to support the future growth of Planet Calypso.

source, the last question

source, the last question

Thanks for quote, I'm aware of it. However we have long history of broken promises and changed stats/mechanics ingame.
I think MA will want to 'recover' their income, therefore my prediction.

Looks like the price has fallen about 20-30 PED

Despite those who will think the sky is falling, a slow price drop is a good thing.

So far the price has increased and increased without fail... emblematic of a classic bubble.

Bubbles always pop.

I don’t see these falling in value much and then I predict there will be a spike in value when MA launches the new estate system. It’s simple supply and demand, thats all.

Also do people consider the taxes when you do take stocks....they are pretty damn high ATM to cash out, much more than a bank transfer fee.

Do remember it is not just a bank transfer fee...Unless you plan on illegally reporting on your taxes the gain is still considered income as well. At the same time though it is not actually a gain until you have withdrawn more money from entropia than you have deposited, so for many that will be no issue :laugh:

As long as there are people like myself who just want to collect stuff, not really caring about the returns or the price then the prices will go up.

Prices will stop going up when someting nicer to collect will be implemented, or when some big owners sell their stacks of CLD. So in two months prices could be anywhere from 1100-1700. But i'm guessing at around 1375.

what bubble are u talking about? yo kids, get to school first! It would be bubble if MA increase quantity of CLDs depending on the investors activity. In case when quantity is constant it cant be bubble, and the price will grow constantly... but in this case MA should make a split when the price for one CLD get doubled (and it goes this way).

PS: Einstein was terribly right about two infinite things...

I spend a fair amount of time in Twin Peaks. There usually are buyers who stand there for hours and the prices a lot of them offer have gone down.

Meanwhile over on the auction, the price of a CLD has been on a steady march upward since Feb 2013. It seems that the CLDs are becoming more and more scarce.

what bubble are u talking about? yo kids, get to school first! It would be bubble if MA increase quantity of CLDs depending on the investors activity. In case when quantity is constant it cant be bubble, and the price will grow constantly... but in this case MA should make a split when the price for one CLD get doubled (and it goes this way).

PS: Einstein was terribly right about two infinite things...

Naturally if MA started giving more CLD away to people, then more would be for sale. The "Price" of an item is simply the balance between what buyers will pay and what sellers will accept. When that balance changes, and it does, the price changes.

If scarcity is not maintained, or if ever there is a point where supply exceeds demand, the prices will fall.

The price has fluctuated in the past, here is the auction graph for last year.

cld_graph.jpg

still waiting on info about the Rocktropia Deeds (they won't be land deeds but something similar)...

supply/demand... As more planets get deed systems going, demand should go down a bit along with prices I suspect...

preducting price rise is easy.
I want someone to predict when the price will drop significantly :laugh:

LOL... It wont drop.

Players seem prepared to pay any price to acquire them, and the supply seems to be becoming quite thin (maybe there isn't as many in circulation anymore as some may think...smiles).

There maybe a drop if the house deal is to swap deeds for a house, rather than have both (a house and keep the deed revenue). That qualification was never made entirely clear at the start.

Although if that isn't the case I would agree with others that potentially the price could rise significantly if players value that land over the value of the CLD's. When it comes though is another matter, and who knows it could be shelved, nothing is certain in EU.

I wont go on, other than say enjoy your investment, I did when I owed them.

Rick

still waiting on info about the Rocktropia Deeds (they won't be land deeds but something similar)...

supply/demand... As more planets get deed systems going, demand should go down a bit along with prices I suspect...

I just can't see much demand for RTDs.... but then I might be wrong ;)

Naturally if MA started giving more CLD away to people, then more would be for sale. The "Price" of an item is simply the balance between what buyers will pay and what sellers will accept. When that balance changes, and it does, the price changes.

If scarcity is not maintained, or if ever there is a point where supply exceeds demand, the prices will fall.

The price has fluctuated in the past, here is the auction graph for last year.

cld_graph.jpg

looks like u dont know what are u talking about. There are only two drops in the plot u attached, and those are in november and february when Maxim Overdrive was selling 5000 and 11000 CLDs! thats the only drops i can see! The only possible drop can be when Maxim will sell the rest of his 9000 CLDs. So, wheres the buble? whats the trick? Please, just stop paranoid thoughts!

February drop was due to the moon sale.
Several thousand deeds flooded the market at that time, which was just as the market was starting to go thin, like it is now. Those excess deeds have been resold to people intending to keep for the most part, which is why the available inventory is now hitting a low point.

Calypso deed value should rise continuously as people join the game, and as the inventory is limited.
Incomes may or may not rise though, since income is tied in parts:
1) to all activity of the planet itself, and
2) revenue of the overall players who are OCC - *Original Colonist of Calypso.

We still get revenue off of every OCC player but if they are OCC and off planet it is reduced by a fair bit.

When the housing and voting comes out, I predict a sharp increase in value, for the triplicate use they will have. Voting, Housing, and Income.

Since these deeds are a fixed amount , for a fixed portion of income, if the game thrives, many players could make impressive gains. We are already seeing very impressive gains.

The big point of sale for the Calypso deeds is the existing, higher skilled/ equipped - PED burning player base that is tied to it.
This is why it works so well, and will continue to do well, and is worthwhile.

For this reason I do not think RT or NI or ARK deeds will not do nearly as well for some time, the player base to support those planets are far from ready to support something substantial like CLD's.

1500 ped on auction buyout

..back down to the low 1400's

will be on the way up again in a while, read the forum.

yeah, as soon as someone writes in a forum that they wont sell below 1500 i just cant help myself but running out to buy a few so i dont miss out on this oportunity!

1500 OR 1400 isnt really important , Its the weekly payments that counts

only if you buy and sell weekly / daily does the price matter , so stop looking at the sale price if you dont intend to sell or buy today for a short profit and miss out on the revenue / week , as if one sells it can be hard to buy them back for less.

Btw , does anyone really hold a few just for buying a house . i mean , there is plenty of deserted houses already in game

1500 OR 1400 isnt really important , Its the weekly payments that counts

only if you buy and sell weekly / daily does the price matter , so stop looking at the sale price if you dont intend to sell or buy today for a short profit and miss out on the revenue / week , as if one sells it can be hard to buy them back for less.

Btw , does anyone really hold a few just for buying a house . i mean , there is plenty of deserted houses already in game

the different between 1400 and 1500 is 22 weeks of having to hold the cld´s longer ( if payout is 4.5 ), twentytwo weeks..... thats hardly day/week trading comparision is it?

I don't know if i want to price of CLD to increase.

If it increases the deeds I own become more valuable, so i could make more profit if i ever sell them, on the other hand i have set myself a goal to own a certain amount of deeds by the end of the year, and the current increase in price makes it harder to reach this goal.

Luckily with the summer coming (*looking outside at the rain*), CLD returns will decrease, the doomsayers will start their yearly "the sky is falling" threads again, markups of the CLD's will drop a bit.

So i can buy them cheap in the summer and reach my goal before the increased CLD returns in the winter :)

The glass is never half-full! :wise:

Emotions play a bigger part on CLD price then actual payouts.

I said it few months/years ago and I will say it again: The game will become more fun when the price of CLD rise so much that nobody wants to buy anymore. So rising price is good thing. We only have to wait for it to become 2-3k and then unleash the full power of the game. While the curent price is close to the limit I will buy (I will buy just 1 more and stop) the price will probably hit 2k early next year. And may be even head for 3k. Is it good price to buy? If you planning on playing next 10 years - yeah even 3k is good. Is it good price if you want quick profit - not anymore. And releasing other planets deeds may drop the price of CLD, but we don't know when/if this will happen.

Hmm........

seriously , who the fu** cares about houses ?
there are plenty, and doesnt matter where they are. no one wants them.
and what "use" can a house have ? its a house, lol

who the f*** cares about politics ? in the end they do anyways what they want...........
and i saw in the sweat discussion what players can cause on BAD changes.......
so in my opinion better not....

the only reason to keep them is ROI.
and compare to RL invests is the ROI of deeds not as good because it counts to the ultra risky investments
and the ultra risky invests IRL have more then 20% ROI.
Please remember in the cause of a bankruptcy , only TT value counts anymore and a deed has none.
i dont belive MA will go bankrupt, but no one knows what happens in future. so doenst matter what people think CLD are risky.......

i want to remember aswell that maxim seems to have 13k CLD left and no one knows when he decides to sell them.
sure they go maybe up but the average is shown as 4.XX and its down to 4 if you see the yearly summary.
in the amount above 4 ped is still because the revenue was in the begnning 6 ped or more some weeks.
so the revenue will settle down on the 4.00 ped line yearly average i the end.
that tells us aswell that in the last 1.5 years the demand on game i decreasing !!
which causes less ROI on CLD too and inceasing the risk to loose(worse case all invests).

Im sure next january they will be maximum on 1400 again , doesnt matter if they go up or down in summer and autumn.

4 ped on 1400 ped thats 0.285 % weekly payout.
deeds are anyways only a good investment if you have to many ped ingame to use or trade them.
4 ped i do easy with 200 ped on trading per week.
so is it really worth ?? i'd say it really depends on your bankroll.

probably we will have a huge peak when this houses ever will come and half an year ago im pretty sure , deeds will be cheaper then now ;)

Here is my view.

CLD have hit a point where if you play this game. Yes I know some people actually play it to generate revenue. You are seeing a tipping point where UNL SIB gear can save you more money then you would make in CLD income. For this reason I find it hard for traders to drive up price to REIT returns. This is a game and most that invest in REITs view a game as to high a risk. GL to speculators I'm sure there will price spikes, but don't think it will raise to high for to long. Summer higher price lower income less people online. Winter more income lower price, more people playing.

i want to remember aswell that maxim seems to have 13k CLD left and no one knows when he decides to sell them.
sure they go maybe up but the average is shown as 4.XX and its down to 4 if you see the yearly summary.
in the amount above 4 ped is still because the revenue was in the begnning 6 ped or more some weeks.
so the revenue will settle down on the 4.00 ped line yearly average i the end.
that tells us aswell that in the last 1.5 years the demand on game i decreasing !!
which causes less ROI on CLD too and inceasing the risk to loose(worse case all invests).

Here we got another doomsayer)) The sky is falling! everyone save your investments!!))

4 ped on 1400 ped thats 0.285 % weekly payout.
deeds are anyways only a good investment if you have to many ped ingame to use or trade them.
4 ped i do easy with 200 ped on trading per week.
so is it really worth ?? i'd say it really depends on your bankroll.

well i have more than 50 clds, i wonder how much time per week should u spend to make same revenue that i make out of 50 clds?

I know some people who has 400 clds or more. Whats your answer Mr. TiveXO? :confused:

I could use about 2-4 more CLD's short term ^^ Im going to say 1700-1800 PED by the start of Q4 this year, so about 3 months away.

Back