Coloring System, by Sarah

The saturation level allows you to select how bright the outcome is going to be. Here's an example:
Satur1.jpg
Satur2.jpg

The old CoS worked exactly like it did in the crafting system, which means that the best possible CoS was far less than 100%. This has however been changed now, at least I have yet to fail using 300 cans.

The bar underneith the paint can will be 100% green if you have maxed a color, and the inputted paint cans are in the amount of 300.

oh cool u answered my other question lol. thanks, and +rep for great info!!

I'm going to add a couple of pictures into the first post and make it a guide for the Coloring system, either way, here's how the chance of success looks for maxed out colors at the moment.

CoSSystem.jpg

Thank you very much for this great post Sarah this was really usefull for me.

I have a side question regarding skilling the coloring profession. But with your current level i'm not sure you are the best person to answer it as your skill gains should be quite low (if not as rare as an ATH).

Question is simple :

Is it still better to do skilling runs with 1 paint can than doing a normal coloring job or do you get more skills buy using more paints ?

The fact that the SIB is on the paint can and not on the colorer, even the (L) one, makes me think you should gain more skills by using more paint but i would love to have some kind of confirmation on that guess.

TY again Sarah and +rep for the info

Nice data and thanks for sharing. Much better to get this information from the best in EU at this than anyone else.

Thank you very much for this great post Sarah this was really usefull for me.

I have a side question regarding skilling the coloring profession. But with your current level i'm not sure you are the best person to answer it as your skill gains should be quite low (if not as rare as an ATH).

Question is simple :

Is it still better to do skilling runs with 1 paint can than doing a normal coloring job or do you get more skills buy using more paints ?

The fact that the SIB is on the paint can and not on the colorer, even the (L) one, makes me think you should gain more skills by using more paint but i would love to have some kind of confirmation on that guess.

TY again Sarah and +rep for the info

You are correct that I wouldn't be the best one to answer this, I'm however interested in the answer for it. In the old system, you would gain more skills when you used a higher amount of paint cans and I'm guessing that the new system is the same.

I can't do much else than recommend you to use colors within your level, and use the (L) Bleacher and Colorator however. You will save a lot of money by using the (L) items, and I'm sure the tools crafters are going to earn quite a bit on these as well. Either way, these are interesting times, and it's fun to see that a lot of people may now take up their interest in coloring. Good luck with the skilling if you do decide to go for it.

I will update this thread as more information is collected, so please share your knowledge with the others.

ty for info! list updated here...

That's really nice LeeLoo. You seem to be very dedicated in keeping the community informed regarding our skill levels, and the colorers out there. I would love it if you could create a new thread for it, as it would be great to always have the first post updated.

Either way, I also have a question for some of the other colorers. I would love to see how your CoS is for a color which is yet to be unlocked, but which is close to your level. Let's say that your level is 29, is your CoS then good on a paint color which requires level 30, or do you need to reach level 30 before you can color something perfectly with 1000 cans?

Hehe. I wish. ;)

The return when coloring is a limited, set sum at 89% of the TT Value used. This means that you will get a return of 89 Ped if you color with paint cans that have a TT Value of 100 Ped.

The PEDs will either be returned in the regular loot window, if the clothes are fully repaired. They will however repair the clothes if not.

So one could skill coloring + repairing clothing at the same time? Sorry if I ask something obvious. Or would the skill increase be lower on decreased TT value of clothing?

So one could skill coloring + repairing clothing at the same time? Sorry if I ask something obvious. Or would the skill increase be lower on decreased TT value of clothing?

Yes, it is possible to skill up and repair the clothes at the same time. There is however not much reason to buy clothes with a low TT Value in order to skill up, as you will receive the value which would otherwise be put in on the clothes as PEDs when the clothes are fully repaired.

I'm sure the skill gain is the same on both low TT and high TT clothes.

This is an outstanding thread, thanks sarah!

Comprehensive guide.

Glad I only had orange,yellow and blue in storage though as they are now TT only.

Yes, it is possible to skill up and repair the clothes at the same time. There is however not much reason to buy clothes with a low TT Value in order to skill up, as you will receive the value which would otherwise be put in on the clothes as PEDs when the clothes are fully repaired.

I'm sure the skill gain is the same on both low TT and high TT clothes.

On the a plus side if you tailor and color like me you can make a clothes and then repair it by coloring it before putting it in your store ^.^

I just hope they bring back skins for the clothes fast!

What do you think they mean when they talk about the future skin system with more custom by the users? I kind of think they mean you can put a skin on one field of a patten soon. That would be so cool to mix and match with the new metallics they going to have soon!

From my test , ped back are exactly 90% of paint TT.

There also a new item "Basic Pigment enchancer" that i get while coloring.
I havent yet find its use , and if can be looted or like residu come onlyu when coloring.
I can put it in same place as paint cans while color.

I havent yet find its use , and if can be looted or like residu come onlyu when coloring.

That's very interesting Etopia. How many did you find?

So basically theres still a monopoly on coloring highend stuff unless MA changed skillgains drastically?
Seems they did the rest "right" this time though (besides for people that stocked up but doing that in PE/EU has always been risky...), but unless skillgains changed dramatically allowing people to reach lvl 70 in a year or two of hardcore skilling (instead of XX years like before or whatever) through skilling then alot of the changes regarding the "highend" paints wont matter at all unless for you personally? :)
(And yes its a question and not a complain, just curious)
Thx for the nice info btw :)

I've had some of those drop as well. Whether they can be used say for example like metal res is used to bump up the tt of a crafted item it maybe increases the COS instead of using paint cans?

I've had some of those drop as well. Whether they can be used say for example like metal res is used to bump up the tt of a crafted item it maybe increases the COS instead of using paint cans?

I think it will. This means that the high-end paint cans can still keep a higher percentage value, as we will be able to use these materials instead of paint cans. Great news, for everyone.

I think it will. This means that the high-end paint cans can still keep a higher percentage value, as we will be able to use these materials instead of paint cans. Great news, for everyone.

This would make the most sense for their use....are you going to try it?

You can upgrade your thread with those infos :

Paint use Recommanded Level :

Blue : 0.0
Orange : 0.0
Yellow : 0.0
Olive : 2.0
Steel Blue : 5.0
Green : 8.0
Purple : 12.0
Brown : 15.0
Turquoise : 17.0
Navy : 19.0
Violet Cream : 21.0
Pink : 23.0
Light Green : 25.0
Mauve : 27.0
Umber : 30.0
Deep Cadmium : 31.0
Dark Blue : 33.0
Burnt Umber : 35.0
Dark Wine : 39.0
White : 50.0
Red : 60.0
Black : 69.0

PaintCanBlack.gif

I only have 2 pots of it but first of all put in 300 cans of dark blue (which I have the recommended lvl for) and then added the 2 pots and the COS did increase slighty. I then added it to 400 cans of dark wine (don't have the recommended lvl for) and saw absolutely no difference.

Ok results in pictures:

1) 300 cans of dark blue

colouringeg1.jpg

2) 300 cans of dark blue + 2 pots of basic pigment enhancer

colouringeg2.jpg

3) 350 cans of dark blue

coleg3.jpg

4) 350 cans of dark blue + 2 pots of basic pigment enhancer

coleg4.jpg

5) 400 cans of dark blue

coleg5.jpg

6) 400 cans of dark blue + 2 pots of basic pigment enhancer

coleg6.jpg

Results of all combinations. From Top to Bottom

400 + 2
350 + 2
300 + 2

colegall.jpg

So.. the conclusion looking at the above is that 300 cans + 2 pigment enhancers improves the COS more than using 350 cans total and so on.

Apologies for the earlier errors. As I said, I'm feeling pretty rough :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This new color enhancer is going to change a lot of stuff! My goodness this one going to need a lot of research!! I wounder if you have enough of that stuff can you use just 1 can of black and color a color slot???

O.O

I only have 2 pots of it but first of all put in 300 cans of dark blue (which I have the recommended lvl for) and then added the 2 pots and the COS did increase slighty. I then added it to 400 cans of dark wine (don't have the recommended lvl for) and saw absolutely no difference. Will add pics shortly

This is all indeed very interesting. I have updated the first post regarding the assumption I made of high-end and expensive paint cans, we have yet to see how this will affect those. I'm going to color some and see if I can loot a couple as well.

This is all indeed very interesting. I have updated the first post regarding the assumption I made of high-end and expensive paint cans, we have yet to see how this will affect those. I'm going to color some and see if I can loot a couple as well.

Sarah when I get home I will be doing some coloring skill / tests too if I get some of the enhancers I try and save them up for you to use in testing because that helps us all to find out about!

I PM you in game when I see you online

>^.^<

Someone just discovered Cornsilk Paint. No idea what color though. Excellent thread! *Subscribes*

Sarah when I get home I will be doing some coloring skill / tests too if I get some of the enhancers I try and save them up for you to use in testing because that helps us all to find out about!

I PM you in game when I see you online

>^.^<

I just looted one. I'll keep on going. I love this!

The Cornsilk which was recently looted from a Falxangius has a TT Value of 0.24 Ped, and the required level is 45. It looks like light yellow according to the looter.

Oh god, Nadie. That's amazing.

OMG Nadie AHH AHH * JUMPING *

* faint *

OH OH OH try 50 can of paint you should see bigger adjustment!!!

Back