Coloring System, by Sarah

with 50 can click i had 1 enchancer on 1500 click (orange)...
With 150 can click i had 4 enchancer on like 60 click (green , cadnium , brown)...

Seems very linked to TT

Sad part , enchancer seems total useless , as they increase COS only on your SIB paint.
For its me burnt umber now...
But what is the point of that stuff ...
It should increase cos on all paint you dont master yet , but will limited effect , like max + 20% on what you suposed to got ...

I am the only one to experience a lot of fail with turquoise ?

I experienced within some testing that the new colors (Green for example) seem to have a higher success rate than others. While I was doing 100 clicks with just 1 can in 3 fields (orange, green, brown) the green got success more often than Brown and Orange.

I got NO skills on these 100 clicks but 1field success ~30times. 2 field success 5 times and not one 3 field success.

I experienced within some testing that the new colors (Green for example) seem to have a higher success rate than others. While I was doing 100 clicks with just 1 can in 3 fields (orange, green, brown) the green got success more often than Brown and Orange.

I got NO skills on these 100 clicks but 1field success ~30times. 2 field success 5 times and not one 3 field success.

I have lots of success with light green and just one can. And I have also mixed with orange and brown to see how the result would be for me.

IMO the coloring system is kind of fucked up as it is today. I did like the older one better. I thought they was fixing the user interface so it was not that hard to skill as it is. To much clicks for one try.

And my so called coloring service is more to provoce a reaction than a real service.

I have lots of success with light green and just one can. And I have also mixed with orange and brown to see how the result would be for me..

Maybe green is faouvrite color of the programmer? :D

IMO the coloring system is kind of fucked up as it is today. I did like the older one better. I thought they was fixing the user interface so it was not that hard to skill as it is. To much clicks for one try.
And my so called coloring service is more to provoce a reaction than a real service.

Yes it is now not exciting anymore to "unlock" colors.. although I also enjoy coloring something with a color I never used before.

Seems weird that you can fail with 300 cans but also succeed with 1 can .. its freaking ..

Maybe green is faouvrite color of the programmer? :D

Yes it is now not exciting anymore to "unlock" colors.. although I also enjoy coloring something with a color I never used before.

Seems weird that you can fail with 300 cans but also succeed with 1 can .. its freaking ..

I had planned to depoist bigger than usual after VU 9.0 and had some paint deals comming up so I would have a lot of orange to skill on. As I said, I had hoped for a better UI, not this nerf of the coloring system.

Now I see no point in skilling coloring anymore, since with 300 cans you could make one try and blow all, or you could make 300 tryes and often succeed with lesser than 20 tries.

And if you do like me, allways use 1 can for each attempt and keep the cans not used, your decay of colorer and bleatcher would be payed for. And each 20-30 click you might even get a skill gain.

I have got some color matching skill gains when using 1 light green and 1orange on basic pants. I think that you still only get one skill gain per attempt, right? So if u get 1 skill gain per 300 cans and I get like 1 skill gain per 20-30 attempts? To tired to do the math, whats most costeffective here. But it sure looks messed up.

I did laugh so much when I first managed to use Mauve. It's crazy.

My big problem is what to charge for a colored item.

If I color a pair of basic pants with MAuve how should I do when putting price on them?

TT=5 PEDs (or something)
300 cans of Mauve (in theory, cause that's what some people states is needed for success on one field) = 33 PED TT value
Markup of paint 400% = 132 PED

So 5 + 132 = 137 PEDs, would the basic pants suddenly be worth 137 PEDs? (I beeingnice and do not ad any markup of the pants ;) )

Last edited:
Clarification regarding Coloring and Beauty systems
19 October 2007

In VU 9.0 changes and upgrades to the coloring system and the beauty system took place. The content list was unfortunately incomplete and some areas need further clarification.

The content list incorrectly states that "the system was rebalanced to provide the same output from fewer cans". Actually you now need more cans. This is in detail what is done:
The pre-VU 9.0 coloring system didn't transfer any of the TT value of the colors used to the clothing (or other colorable object) item. It also reduced the condition of the clothing item each time colored. The current system transfer most of the paint can's TT value to the clothing item colored. Also, clothes colored don't deteriorate in the process. So even if the amount of cans has increased in order to get the same output, the TT cost is reduced.

So for black color someone need 200 to 300 get sarah andd even sarah not have a 100% success anymore? I think they found a way to tank the value of the high paints.

O.O

I wishI saw this the day it came out but I have been very sick hardly can stay sit for an hour!

So for black color someone need 200 to 300 get sarah andd even sarah not have a 100% success anymore? I think they found a way to tank the value of the high paints!

Yes, some people are REALLY pissed because they lost a lot of value in their paint collections.

I wishI saw this the day it came out but I have been very sick hardly can stay sit for an hour!

Oh, I hope you feel better now! Just in case: Get well soon!

Wow, what a great thread, so much information re the colouring system.

I previously had trouble with my graphics (the grey avatar/clothing/paints problem) so havent had a chance to try colouring until now. Ozi has looted me thousands of orange and brown paint cans in the meantime, plus a few other nice colours, so I can't wait to log in and try it all out after reading through this thread.

Happy skilling everyone!

Cheers
Missa

Sarah asked me if I still could use 1 can to color, so I did some tests

After about 9-10 tryes I got this result with 1 can green per attempt.

I'm still only lvl2.

Back