Communication and Development Roadmap

Double post.

I am an avid fan and an avid critic of MA and many decisions, but communication is always good to see, so I have no criticism for that.

Affiliate systems are a bit late...you had a thread on another forum asking what we want for website design resources and affiliate programs, and left the thread to die.....3 years ago. Many people had been asking for this for years, and you fail to mention you give affiliate bonus' to select players for quite some time, while others get no response on the matter.

Unfair to dedicated players, and unfair to those who spend hundreds of thousands on moons, or more for planets for the same exact benefit.

Given your record of these novel announcements every year and then crickets, I am not holding my breath on this stuff.

I also get concerned with so many issues existing, why you would want to create a bigger system at this point, why you think this idea gives us confidence and brings excitement, I am unsure.

You cant even get friend requests working, this is literally the first game I know to mess that up.

That aside thanks for something at least, it is always welcome. I just hope you don't make yourselves look bad again by not fulfilling these things, because your employees are spread way to thin.

To Fanan's point, and I know a lot of people agree but, in the last few months I've gotten a 1k Ambu Young, 2k Araneatrox Young, 1k Feffoid Berserker, large chunks of a 3k and 5k shared loot, plus all kinds of smaller HoFs and team HoFs. Under the old system, odds are that those PEDs would have gone to some freakin noob on a 9k argonaut young. With that said, I'm not content with the current loot dynamic either, but be careful what you ask for and be sure that you know what the result will be.

Since we have now seen two different ways under which loot can work, the player base is split, some like what we have and others want what we had back. So now that Pandora's box is open, there really isn't a way to revert the changes and make everyone happy.

Maybe the best thing to do is find a middle road, a way for each side of this to have their way. Perhaps there could be special hunting areas of some kind with some special theme that follow a different loot return cycle that allow for large multipliers. I don't know how the storyline and game play could work, and it probably doesn't matter, but maybe it could include special areas where infected mobs attack and kill other mobs and "accumulate their resources" as the theme. Perhaps some underground robot base is leaking radiation to the ground above and making the creatures in that area more aggressive.... I dunno.... Just a thought.

Edit: This is off topic so i guess the place to continue with this topic is here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?262180-Please-bring-back-big-HoFs!

Last edited:
YAY! Taming

Boo! Not the political and housing for CLD before 2015 :(

Since we have now seen two different ways under which loot can work, the player base is split, some like what we have and others want what we had back. So now that Pandora's box is open, there really isn't a way to revert the changes and make everyone happy.

Three ways for some us. When L came in they switched the loot system in over drive to let uber items drop, before then a 20k was rare and we could loot usable items at any level.

Back on topic. I think we're seeing MA floundering for ideas, they've screwed up so much in the past few years and now they've hit upon this lot to try and tempt many back. Personally I'm inclined to think it will end up similar to the forts - does any one actually use them any more.

I'll believe it when I see it, we've had to many assurances that things are being worked on only to find out later it was complete crap.

I've got a feeling that much of what people have for taming isn't going to work. I think we'll see yet another deluge of items to add to the growing list of crap we loot.

One question I'd ask is does this apply to all planets equally? Will it get a Universe wide release at the same time?

Last edited:
I hope all of this comes true. I will not take part in some of it, but more options = more fun = more players. I am hesitant to believe these times due to past announcements, but I am cautiously optimistic.

It all looks good on paper, but we've seen good looking promises before and the promises have been broken almost every time.

If this really is a true 'turning point' for MA then I applaud them... But based on past performance I am not holding my breath. :wise:

I'll believe it when I see it, we've had to many assurances that things are being worked on only to find out later it was complete crap.
[/B][/U]?

If you want to see it - you probably need to pay for it first.
I understand that they will first sell BAD and with collected money they will start to develop it.
Some LA's , rocks and similar were sold in that style - first payment and delivery latter.

I think that for what should be obvious reasons, the name of the Battle Arena Deeds needs to be changed because it's BAD and will be endless fodder for critical remarks. Perhaps Combat Arena Deeds is better.

CAD isn't so bad :)

I think that for what should be obvious reasons, the name of the Battle Arena Deeds needs to be changed because it's BAD and will be endless fodder for critical remarks. Perhaps Combat Arena Deeds is better.

CAD isn't so bad :)
They can't even come up with a good acronym, it's ridiculous. And yes Combat Arena Deeds sounds way better than BAD. :facepalm: Come on what were they thinking? :scratch2:

There are many better options then B-A-D.

/sarcasm on
Pokemon Arena Deeds - PAD, though I think that may cause copyright problems :D. Though it does fit it quite well (only missing pokeballs for our pets).
/sarcasm off

Seriously though all I got was Octagon Arena Deeds - OAD, reminds old players of old octagon, so people get it.

Last edited:
What I'm wondering is how they will monetize the battle arena for the players. That's what really matters.

The different ways MA profits is obvious to an extent but, how will they implement this so players have the chance of earning more money than what they put in? If there isn't a scenario where there are financial winners and losers, then i don't see this as being a success.

We aren't going to want to have our pets do battle just for the sake of doing battle and we aren't going to want to spend unless there is the possibility for financial gain. This after all is an RCE.

I hope that MA already has really good ideas for incentives because if the monetary incentives are good then Battle Arena idea will succeed, could be a wild success, and has the possibility of becoming the 4th primary profession in EU, giving room to return items with real MU into hunting loot.

I was thinking the same thing HW - well put. I mean people do fight each other in the ring now for no real gain - and I think it's a big waste. It would be a lot different though in this circumstance. I mean I guess if it's something you loot and there is nothing else you can do with it but use it in the ring to fight - then you'll use it. But yea, no drive behind it if you can't advance your Ava or gain stuff. And we won't see any type of betting activity.
Very interesting.

Side note - I have to point out that I heard about this via NEVERDIE. It's the same way I heard about the game in the first place too. I have to say he has some knack for promotion.

Questions I have are
1. Who are all those avatars in the pictures? Who has been given a sneak peak?
2. I assume some mobs are getting a face lift as I don't recognise all those mobs.
3. It will be interesting which mobs you can select? Will it be based on skill level? Ie can a complete noob become a Atrox Stalker, or do they need to be a certain skill level?

Well, first of all let us all remember how many times we have been lied to before over the course of the last 5(!!!) years and take this announcement as a big big maybe at best.

If they bother to implement it correctly, there should be a skill based mob ladder as to how skilled you need to be mobs of certain level, how many you can control etc.

New abilities are cool, let's see what and when they actually end up doing, me, as I am sure all the other tamers, I am not holding my breath at all, and will be surprised if they get around to it this year.

I also imagine that there will not be any kind of meaningful compensation for those who were affected, of course any reasonable company would bend over backwards to make nice, but odds are MA won't.

Curious to see if they pleasantly surprise the taming community with cool stuff, but the odds are will be business as usual.

If they bother to implement it correctly, there should be a skill based mob ladder as to how skilled you need to be mobs of certain level, how many you can control etc.

Curious to see if they pleasantly surprise the taming community with cool stuff, but the odds are will be business as usual.

Posted it in another thread but the fact that the battle area will be a web-based game gives me doubts that there will be any meaningful skill restriction for using high level pets within it.

I remember a time when i actually believed these communications.

No doubt when taming does come back (my god i believed the bullshit for a second there) our skills will be useless we will need some new skills they implement to actually do anything decent.

They need to show some gratitude to the tamers for sticking around whether that be compensation or just making the skills we have actually worthwhile waiting for.

Looks fun :D

i hope WE see this bug Free!!!!!

CATCH THEM ALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm optimistic! This looks good. Including MA communication!

Space 2016 ? :)

Seriously dude... no-one cares about your mothership (ie: the ONLY investment you've ever made..... vehicles in general that is...)

Menace

Hi,

We will add a Management Blog on mindark.com, this will be one of our communication channels as mentioned in yesterdays roadmap. We will endeavour to keep you informed of important and not so important happenings here at MindArk in the traditional "Blogg" style.
We are here to communicate with you, please forgive bad spelling and grammar as not all have English as their first language. We will not always be able to answer your questions so please be patient.

Not everything we are working on is in this Roadmap, for example Space is an important part of Entropia Universe and small adjustments will be made in coming releases, a major overhaul is needed and we can expect this in 2015.
We will try to cover other questions and concerns through our new blog.

Bringing EU out of the PC is as many of you know a difficult task, so an easier way to bring the EU experience to a wider audience and to engage the new accounts that cannot access the full PC Entropia Universe is to bring only parts of EU to the web-browser and mobile, the roadmap shows you some of the stages we need to take.

All for now.

David

Last edited:
Thanks for posting David, could you please comment on the overdue melee amps?

Re: Melee Amps

Hi,

I understand Melee amps are ready for deployment, Im not sure of the details but I will try and make a statement asap once I get further information.

David

Hi,

I understand Melee amps are ready for deployment, Im not sure of the details but I will try and make a statement asap once I get further information.

David

Thanks for the update :)

Not even a single word about the reduction of the maximum multiplier for medium and low activities that happened in January 2013!

You (MA) get players used to one type of maximum multiplier (ten years!!!) and then over night and without any explanation, BOOM!!! a 10x reduction of the maximum multiplier for almost every thing in game!

We eat everything that MA decide to put on our plates! :mad:

So many words in this roadmap and I can't see any positive thing, other than trying to copy the others trivial RPG games more and more! Entropia Universe is more than a game!!!

Wait, wasn't the forum spammed like hell with rage to reduce the big hofs (10k hofs on low-med mobs)?

Seriously dude... no-one cares about your mothership (ie: the ONLY investment you've ever made..... vehicles in general that is...)

Menace

I guess everyone plays the game for some things he/she likes and there is different reasons for many of us.
Though its kinda sad to see someone 'playing' forum troll just because he enjoys himself so much in talking bad about others.
I mean seriously do you really think there is more people 'caring' about your opinion about my vehicles then there is people who actually utilize space and long to hear how it will be developed further ?

BTW im gunner 61 atm, which means i do play this game as a hunter like you, just that i hunt different mobs with different weapons.

Hi,

David

Thanks!

Not everything we are working on is in this Roadmap, for example Space is an important part of Entropia Universe and small adjustments will be made in coming releases, a major overhaul is needed and we can expect this in 2015.
We will try to cover other questions and concerns through our new blog.

Thanks David, for taking the time to comment on space - looking forward to hear more details about space as time goes on :)

Do you mind to include in your roadmap to complete the not closed events, e.g. the TEN event where one of the planet events in Cyrene did not happen, and the missions not complete-able e.g. all kinds of mayhem which still stay in our mission logs.

Back