Communication and Development Roadmap

wow,It looks like we can have bots as pets to battle too!
I dont want the Araneatrox anymore, I want a Mulmum or a Warlock

Nah You Don't Wanna None That Ride On itumatrox:laugh:

Well, first of all let us all remember how many times we have been lied to before over the course of the last 5(!!!) years and take this announcement as a big big maybe at best.

If they bother to implement it correctly, there should be a skill based mob ladder as to how skilled you need to be mobs of certain level, how many you can control etc.

New abilities are cool, let's see what and when they actually end up doing, me, as I am sure all the other tamers, I am not holding my breath at all, and will be surprised if they get around to it this year.

I also imagine that there will not be any kind of meaningful compensation for those who were affected, of course any reasonable company would bend over backwards to make nice, but odds are MA won't.

Curious to see if they pleasantly surprise the taming community with cool stuff, but the odds are will be business as usual.

Well, if you are talking about taming - I remember MA saying its in the works, BUT only on paper and just at the idea level. So it was clear that it will most likely take a long time to actually take shape... I woudn't say lie - more like lack of proper communication.

I cant wait to see Chewie and Munchie again :)

Please this time though, keep the promise of more communication, and David, nice to see you on forum, hope it's not a flying visit, and you appear more often, even if it's not an official MA site.

Well, if you are talking about taming - I remember MA saying its in the works, BUT only on paper and just at the idea level. So it was clear that it will most likely take a long time to actually take shape... I woudn't say lie - more like lack of proper communication.

Not just Taming. Not just Taming and Makeup either. The "on paper" talk came from Kim, in an interview, to clarify what state various "in development" things were. This was less than a year ago.

Side note - I have to point out that I heard about this via NEVERDIE. It's the same way I heard about the game in the first place too. I have to say he has some knack for promotion.

I heard it first from MA, they must have some knack for promotion :silly2:

You need to do some research, Valentin has posted many times the years and years of bullshit that MA spewed forth, the "it's on paper" is just the last one... or is this news the last one :) hard to know.

shit they even had stage 2 coming soon in the game tutorials on the official website when i started almost 8 years ago.

Can't see how betting on mobs can be avoided?

Even if, for whatever reason, there's no interface in the game for placing bets I can always organize it as a player. Using in-game communications, or external ones. Can't be avoided, we'll have it anyway.

Luckily taming is the content needed for the brand new cross-platform solution for the web and mobile devices. Which, in turn, is a huge marketing project to reach out for the wider audience, and hopefully the channel to bring in masses of new players, and lots of other very important stuff... so this time we'll get it.

Bread and circuses - this direction is definitely right and the plan is grandiose enough.
So, Peezle, u're fired. Looks like some guys in MA can do their work themselves, after all. ;)

Even if, for whatever reason, there's no interface in the game for placing bets I can always organize it as a player. Using in-game communications, or external ones. Can't be avoided, we'll have it anyway.

Luckily taming is the content needed for the brand new cross-platform solution for the web and mobile devices. Which, in turn, is a huge marketing project to reach out for the wider audience, and hopefully the channel to bring in masses of new players, and lots of other very important stuff... so this time we'll get it.

Bread and circuses - this direction is definitely right and the plan is grandiose enough. This might even work.
So, Peezle, u're fired. Looks like some guys in MA can do their work themselves, after all. ;)

one can say that event with ticket and prizes is the same as what you supose this can turn into the word that I'm not going to say and left it for Puuzle. or any online and ofline game where you can batle 1 vs 1 or team vs team and you can win or loose

I salute you (MA) for coming out of the closet and talk to the gamers. Now I will enjoy my Sleepy Bulldog pale ale even more :beerchug:

I wonder if it will be possible for avatar control creatures to fight against pets at some stage?

Seems like a betting system where players can put certain amount of PED at stake and the winner of Pet fight gets the winning PED + his staked PED..... A street fight type of gaming?

So we are officially binning the storyline of Calypso then? Good-oh. Glad to see we can run around as a mob, can we also have emotes so I can have a dancing Atrox and then I can truly shit on all my good memories before I uninstall...

Time to find a more serious game for me! Then again, probably still got a few more years before this actually gets implemented. :girl:

The mob octagons will probably be setup like the pvp server on cyrene.

You pay 1x to enter the octagon, and you get back 0.75x per kill. The deed owners get the .25x from the dead players 'entrance fee' and the winning mob remains to kill more - 2 kills and up will be a profit.

Now as for the value of x... anything from 1 to 10 ped I guess.

So there planning a pokeman mini game within the game that includes a pokeman battle web app... Interesting...?

Well at least there open and telling us what there planning all that stuff sounds good but personally none of it jumps out and screams holy crap awesome to me.. but its all "interesting" stuff with potential which is all I could hope for really :)

Bringing EU out of the PC is as many of you know a difficult task, so an easier way to bring the EU experience to a wider audience and to engage the new accounts that cannot access the full PC Entropia Universe is to bring only parts of EU to the web-browser and mobile, the roadmap shows you some of the stages we need to take.

I would really like to see you spend the time and effort on developing the exitsing platform more. There are a lot of past promises undelivered, even with this roadmap, a LOT of unfixed bugs and also a lot of not really fully developed features.
  • The avatar system redesign efforts appear to have come to nought, we still do not have promised features as the possibility of bodies being asymmetric or use of tattoos, etc
  • The 64bit client does not appear to have any perfromance advantages over 32bit one, it will not actually make any use of extra memory over 32bit one to boost performance.
  • We have now heard twice about "mutants coming back", yet there are no Umbranoids, or other-planetary equivalents, to be found
  • Mission system can't count items - we have to hand items over in pre-sized stacks to mission brokers. We also still can't get (and I think it is getting close to two years on this) fractional attribute points from attribute token brokers, just full points.
  • Still no professions to go with particle beamer technology?
  • No way to take screenshots / videos from inside the client via cryengine functionality?
  • No way to sit down on ground / lay down?

And this is just a small part of the list of things that are missing, not enhancements, of which there would simply be too long list starting right off with dual wielding weapons and having more than one attack type weapon (from either attachments (grenades, bayonet) or integrated).

Hi,

We will add a Management Blog on mindark.com, this will be one of our communication channels as mentioned in yesterdays roadmap. We will endeavour to keep you informed of important and not so important happenings here at MindArk in the traditional "Blogg" style.
We are here to communicate with you, please forgive bad spelling and grammar as not all have English as their first language. We will not always be able to answer your questions so please be patient.

David

How about Twitter,Facebook and WhatsApp easy to use right for communication channels?

yaaaaay

So many things going on :scratch2:, only wonder who will be able to play all this new stuff if MA dont change damn loot !!! I know is boring to say again but, loot is a black hole for more then year for me and many many more.. so what to do buy some new deeds, play mob to mob fight, explore beautifull universe, even chat with friends :)... All i see as option in all this new stuff is either stop depositing , maybe even chip out or really just chat.

Nuber 1 THING to do: FIX LOOT, OR ALL DEVELOPMENT IS WASTE OF TIME!

With best regards to all

Tol

WoW, finally the long waiting taming is coming back SOON... It's going to be one of the greatest news for all.

I'm also looking forward for the "Pet fighting", this sounds very bad ass for sure :smoke:

I would really like to see you spend the time and effort on developing the exitsing platform more. There are a lot of past promises undelivered, even with this roadmap, a LOT of unfixed bugs and also a lot of not really fully developed features.
  • The avatar system redesign efforts appear to have come to nought, we still do not have promised features as the possibility of bodies being asymmetric or use of tattoos, etc
  • The 64bit client does not appear to have any perfromance advantages over 32bit one, it will not actually make any use of extra memory over 32bit one to boost performance.
  • We have now heard twice about "mutants coming back", yet there are no Umbranoids, or other-planetary equivalents, to be found
  • Mission system can't count items - we have to hand items over in pre-sized stacks to mission brokers. We also still can't get (and I think it is getting close to two years on this) fractional attribute points from attribute token brokers, just full points.
  • Still no professions to go with particle beamer technology?
  • No way to take screenshots / videos from inside the client via cryengine functionality?
  • No way to sit down on ground / lay down?

And this is just a small part of the list of things that are missing, not enhancements, of which there would simply be too long list starting right off with dual wielding weapons and having more than one attack type weapon (from either attachments (grenades, bayonet) or integrated).

Quoted for emphasis. Almost the entirety of the roadmap ignores the original story and concept.

Nuber 1 THING to do: FIX LOOT, OR ALL DEVELOPMENT IS WASTE OF TIME!

OK, imagine you work for MA. You sit behind your desk in Gotenburg. The task is to fix the loot.
The virtual economy is a zero sum-game. As much as goes in comes out, minus the maintenace fees.

So, what will you do?

• Cut the salaries and switch off a few servers?
  • Decrease the uplink bandwidth?
  • No more new content, no more bug fixes?
  • Rob the bank and donate all to the loot pool?
Hmmm... :scratch2:
Any other brilliant ideas?

Well, imagine for a moment that nothing of the above can be a solution to your problem.
Imagine the only way out is increasing the playerbase while leaving the maintenace fees (more or less) the same.
Imagine that's exactly what could happen now, if MA implements the ideas described in OP right.
So, how about that? Seems legit? ;)

OK, imagine you work for MA. You sit behind your desk in Gotenburg. The task is to fix the loot.
The virtual economy is a zero sum-game. As much as goes in comes out, minus the maintenace fees.

So, what will you do?

• Cut the salaries and switch off a few servers?
  • Decrease the uplink bandwidth?
  • No more new content, no more bug fixes?
  • Rob the bank and donate all to the loot pool?
Hmmm... :scratch2:
Any other brilliant ideas?

Well, imagine for a moment that nothing of the above can be a solution to your problem.
Imagine the only way out is increasing the playerbase while leaving the maintenace fees (more or less) the same.
Imagine that's exactly what could happen now, if MA implements the ideas described in OP right.
So, how about that? Seems legit? ;)

Good way of putting it... Except they could fix the other aspect of loot (loot tables), but admittedly that's not what most players are thinking when they say "fix loot".

And this will be calypso only models?

Hello people!

Melee amps will be introduced in our next Calypso VU.

Have a nice weekend :)

Now I can start praying that they will be affordable & actually increase damage instead of just moving the decay..
The gap in dps was allready big, now with all the pimped laser/blp amps the gap became HUGE.

Now I can start praying that they will be affordable & actually increase damage instead of just moving the decay..
The gap in dps was allready big, now with all the pimped laser/blp amps the gap became HUGE.

Agreed...

I'm sure if these do anything less than economically give big damage the player base will be disappointed and mostly reject the amps. Melee has no range, as a result it should have a lot of DPS ability.

Back