4. The Elder Scrolls Online
  5. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  6. Black Desert Online
  7. RuneScape
  8. EVE Online
  9. Albion Online
  10. Neverwinter
Important FACT: None of these are RCE.

I see what you want, but its shortsighted and the longterm effect would be very negative.
I was literally about to type what you just did, thanks for reading my mind. Guess we are really clueless about how an economy works ... And with that I rest my case against this idea.

😌

1. World of Warcraft
BTW i was an alchemist in wow and crafted potions. you had istant craft but supply was limited by gathering time to avoid flooding the game. so there was a merkup for the crafter, even with 100% success. wow has a drop rate over ammo but still the game need time to manufacture money to buy items.
also in this case the craft was small MU because no risk, but the gathering required TIME.

Come on.. you know that you cycle 3x as i do and you can have changce to loot 3x in same time...
this is what hyperstim are for...
all game isa choice between MONEY or TIME.
a f2p can swunt ans loot over ammo including sweat. we learn it at day 1.. but need infinite time to skill after level 20
going from 35 to 36 in enhancers craft needs about 20k click and it is 33 hours neverresting clicking.....
and 2.70*20.000 = 54.000 ped into the machine.

Renamed thread to reflect a popular wish, the crafting queue.

But what if instead of a crafting queue, the results would be instant? No matter the quantity, you would get the result of a craft, instantly. Insert the number of desired attempts, max allowed as per available materials.

Please stop it with the "because it's a RCE", that is not an argument, staying forever in front of the crafting terminal to craft everything is bad design and has nothing to do with the rce, it does not facilitate it in any way, it is a bottleneck.

But what if instead of a crafting queue, the results would be instant? No matter the quantity, you would get the result of a craft, instantly. Insert the number of desired attempts, max allowed as per available materials.

Please stop it with the "because it's a RCE", that is not an argument, staying forever in front of the crafting terminal to craft everything is bad design and has nothing to do with the rce, it does not facilitate it in any way, it is a bottleneck.
You want the same in hunting and mining too?

So why have insta crafting? What are you after with that? You dont offer an understanding of your toughts, you just say stuff and think ppl will understand your tought process?
yes do i have to remind you new wepon price formula?

i mean this has to be all time low when it comes to ideas .... everyones use macro.. what EVE sugesting is TO become a "Entropian" which is jokes on its own :D... But then again have u seen new soc name .. another jokes ....
So ppl who grind 24/7 hunting he wants wants 24/7 crafting aswell simultaneously with hunting.

With all due respect, I disagree with you @Ivo Jahrumble and @John B Knight , just change the game for the benefit of a handful of players that can't be bothered to be tethered to a crafting terminal while they hunt 24/7. Make mining the same, it would be so much easier.

Fuck it, you can even throw out the need to even log on, just do everything on the website like an online slot machine. Why bother have a virtual universe?

I hope my lack of air quotes does not impede the transmission of my sarcasm on this matter.

It will literally obliterate an already crappy economy, but just do it. It will be fine. It will sure help player retention and investment in to the universe! I just know it will.

😎
well thats not a "hardcore" mindset... u left me disapointed.... ;)

well thats not a "hardcore" mindset... u left me disapointed.... ;)
I never intended to go hardcore on anything related to EU, hence I don't have my avatar go hardcore 24/7 even if I easily could. I am sorry if I dissapointed anyone, my purpose in EU is to have fun, make friends and have a bit of a gamble not capitalise on it. Also I like travelling and other stuff too, I don't intend to spend 80% of my time staring at pixels or boasting with my EU inventory. Hope this helps to make an opinion about why I am not "Hardcore". 😂😎😌🥰🍻🥳

TIME = MARKUP

Removing TIME needed decreases MARKUP.

I craft, and due to me having to stand next to crafting machine I can't go hunt for outputs that means I have to buy it from you or other players.

You hunt, and since you can't craft enhancers at the same time, you have to buy them from me or other players.

These trades give you some room for lower or higher margins depending on how skilled you are.

You are basically trying to remove the need for other players in your gameplay or trying to squeeze MU doing 2 professions at the same time which is very shortsighted and will actually backfire and lead to even lower markups and even less need for lower skilled or players doing other professions. What keeps the game alive is people trading. It's an RCE, we need more trading not less.

yes do i have to remind you new wepon price formula?

i mean this has to be all time low when it comes to ideas .... everyones use macro.. what EVE sugesting is TO become a "Entropian" which is jokes on its own :D... But then again have u seen new soc name .. another jokes ....
So ppl who grind 24/7 hunting he wants wants 24/7 crafting aswell simultaneously with hunting.

Better you said it than me, I would have not been so kind worded. I am taking my hat off to you. 👊

Ofc not. Those implying that are just trolling and have limited understanding of the game..,
:) You are too smart not to know the implications

TIME TO CRAFT is a limitation to production to keep item scarce and with a MU...
i can manufacture in an hour 600 *0.42 = 252 Enhancer per hour

THERE IS NO WAY to let craft survive if it does not require time to produce
but you can craft while you sleep using mobile app to change production

Instant crafting is a bad idea, mainly because time to craft is a constraint that is factored into supply and prices. The impact from a change like this could have significant negative impact, and as a result probably isn't worth messing with. You also basically destroy the dopaminergic mechanics (waiting and watching) that the condition gamblers go for, obviously MA would never even consider implementing this.

Since you can sleep and craft w/ mobile though, I would love to have a crafting queue. Time to craft remains the same, just lets the player do something while crafting. This is effectively already a thing, you just can't actually play the game in the meantime; most of the difficulty in crafting is still skill reqs, bp reqs, time to craft and most importantly time to acquire resources.

Instant crafting is a bad idea, mainly because time to craft is a constraint that is factored into supply and prices. The impact from a change like this could have significant negative impact, and as a result probably isn't worth messing with. You also basically destroy the dopaminergic mechanics (waiting and watching) that the condition gamblers go for, obviously MA would never even consider implementing this.

Since you can sleep and craft w/ mobile though, I would love to have a crafting queue. Time to craft remains the same, just lets the player do something while crafting. This is effectively already a thing, you just can't actually play the game in the meantime; most of the difficulty in crafting is still skill reqs, bp reqs, time to craft and most importantly time to acquire resources.
DITTO.
and from a large cycle hunter ... seems clear... QUEUE is what we all want. give it to us!

Top Hunters​

PositionAvatarValueGlobals
1Zeneth Zenzile Kael442 467 PED4 496

A queue is fine. It is a welcome quality of life improvement.
Having the queue operate at the same time as other activities is not fine.

But for the sake of arguments, lets say something like this were to be implemented the way you are requesting it Evey. Then I would kindly ask for mod nano, or whatever the best weapon in the game is at any current time, be available in the trade terminal so that I and everyone else can aquire one. Why have a limited supply of mod nanos? Please stop it with the "because it's a RCE", that is not an argument, having only a dozen players out of potentially thousands being able to aquire the best dps in the game has nothing to do with the mmorpg aspect, it does not facilitate it in any way, it is a bottleneck.

As much as i'd love it, i'm going to vote no... The current system of requiring the player's active involvement in crafting serves a purpose IMO.
The assumption here is that if the time were to be drastically cut, everyone would start crafting. My assumption is that's not gonna happen at all. There are many other systems in place and very few people had the courage going that road and a lot fewer stayed on that road. Because you need a ton of research, PEDs, BPs, skill, time to collect (active involvement), I think the least problem is the time to click but at the same time the biggest bottleneck.

Indeed, the queue alone would be great improvement to crafting but I strongly doubt limiting crafting to 900 clicks per hour is the key to crafting or main factor fo which others don't go into crafting. I don't think reducing this time or having the queue operating as you do other activities would negatively impact the economy in long term, because even if the time required is lowered, a newer crafter still has to face the main challenges of crafting - doing the proper math of the production cost, especially on the items where several layers of components are needed and getting the resources cheap.

100% cut down on time required to craft is never going to happen probably (biggest argument is as described by zenzile - dopaminergic mechanics), but what if the time required for a click is correlated with the cost to click? Reduced time for basic components, enhancers and slightly increased for higher grade crafts... like mining amps, weapons, maybe a higher increased time per click in shrapnel BPs... ?

Also, please try to keep it chill ;)

I disagree, and thus need to mention the RCE too, but respectfully ofc, not to annoy you.
The essence is the effect of time on ANY worthwhile activity in EU. Time affects profit per hour. If anyone can set something running in the background, then anybody with the right skills for profit can do this in parallel to other game activities. Those chasing an RCE profit instead of just enjoyment at hopefully low cost will then also craft, which will affect mus.
It may be that quite a lot of people already use macros for hunting. If MA took more action, maybe people would switch to long crafting runs instead - and still not be genuinely active at the keyboard. Crafting is the only prof I know where I can be away for hours even as it is.
On bottlenecks, I dislike time bottlenecks that appear to be rather lose:lose, such as non-warp space travel. I'd rather be turning over peds, but maybe MA is still trying to keep planets apart and have people not bothering to travel at all. IF they do travel then MA have achieved nothing but a waste of turnover time. IF people are deterred, then I guess the time factor has served a bit of a function, but it also means my not going to Caly either if I'm somewhere else.
Bottlenecks CAN be important as part of desired balances, and a quiet sorry again, but this is indeed more important in an RCE economy over an economy which is not tied to real word money in my opinion.

Small aside: I have hopes that a much larger EU space will have more pockets of price fluctuations, with travelling times or weight factors affecting player actions per hour in a way that does make more sense.
I can see the idea of factories and out-sourced crafting for guaranteed deals between players as something in UE5, potentially with the location and costs of factories being 'interesting'... this still needs a lot of caution from the devs, though...

What I think that would make crafting more balanced is amount of time something is crafted. Instead of eliminating time completely, it should be possible to modify crafting speed.

There should be an CRAFT-TIME on BPs or there should be TOOLS that you have to add to the machine that have USES/MINUTE and decay.

EDIT: Or actually probably even both, as a lvl 1 BP should have different difficulty than lvl 10.
BP difficulty could be let's say value in seconds and Tools(instead of attempts/min) could decrease this value by 10% 20% etc. (Balancing would be needed, just throwing some basic idea here).

Currently everything is the same amount.
Same amount of time for lvl 1 BP and lvl 10 BP.

Same amount to craft an enhancer vs a gun.
A gun can last you several hours, while enhancer can be a few minutes.

In hunting/mining you can increase your dps or drop based on the tool you use. In crafting there's no such element.

This is something I'd look into instead, balancing time of a craft attempt based on SKILLS/TOOLS used.

MA is adding more weapons with higher DPS but crafters have the same speed of crafting.

Just a thought...

Last edited:
It would be great if MA could allow literal automated game play. the Manufacturing terminals to operate without the player having to be there for every crafting attempt. I would like to be able to create a task list for the machine, maybe even a queue; add the materials, set the job and let the machine do its thing while I hunt, mine or sleep and when ready, I could get a notification about it and check back the terminal for the results.

What do you guys think?
fixed it for you :D

and...what a bad idea lol automated gameplay is always a huge no from me sorry :)

I disagree, and thus need to mention the RCE too, but respectfully ofc, not to annoy you.
What I menat was to throw it empty without any argument, not as you did, with some thoughts to back it up, thank you!

On bottlenecks, I dislike time bottlenecks that appear to be rather lose:lose, such as non-warp space travel. I'd rather be turning over peds, but maybe MA is still trying to keep planets apart and have people not bothering to travel at all. IF they do travel then MA have achieved nothing but a waste of turnover time. IF people are deterred, then I guess the time factor has served a bit of a function, but it also means my not going to Caly either if I'm somewhere else.
Bottlenecks CAN be important as part of desired balances, and a quiet sorry again, but this is indeed more important in an RCE economy over an economy which is not tied to real word money in my opinion.
Bottlenecks are being used all over to regulate and create supply and demand. Some need better design tho, some don't make any sense etc etc

It may be that quite a lot of people already use macros for hunting. If MA took more action, maybe people would switch to long crafting runs instead - and still not be genuinely active at the keyboard. Crafting is the only prof I know where I can be away for hours even as it is.
Maybe that's how crafting is designed on purpose, for people to do it overnight and queue would be the only thing that could be added keeping everything else as it is but the way MA addresses bigger design issues is to remove the reason for which players choose to do some unwanted behaviour and they change the entire design when they address the issue. On macros, MA will change the desire of people wanting to do it (as they poorly addressed ppl exploiting lootable, by moving pyrite outside of it) or just add huge-ass bottleneck to address it :D

TWEN mining started the moment the first TWEN gun looted, their tier upgrade uses lot of mined resources.
Also those TWEN guns and their users use up a lot of crafted enhancers, so its TWEN crafting too, and guess what, those TWEN craftings also need mined resources.
TWEN already covering every profession since day 1, as i remember Anyzteoz was doing ok with the imk2 twen, so TWEN trading also not forgotten.
The way I see it you are admitting that hunting is a losing proposition...

Or you just hating on mining...

Eomon dropping excavators is the most natural thing to happen... yeah yeahhh

100% cut down on time required to craft is never going to happen probably (biggest argument is as described by zenzile - dopaminergic mechanics), but what if the time required for a click is correlated with the cost to click? Reduced time for basic components, enhancers and slightly increased for higher grade crafts... like mining amps, weapons, maybe a higher increased time per click in shrapnel BPs... ?
Click time based on TT value is a great idea

we are to consider as a benchmark the EP4 actual (>10 tt) 4 seconds
maybe 2.5...10 ped 3 second
1...2.5 ped 2 seconds
< 1 ped 1 second ?

this would double enh manufacturing and x4 components
i am not sure of impact but for sure allows more people craft low tt items because atm the 2 pec tt (libe basic filers) is 18 ped per hour cycle.... x4 is just like a barbarella amped hunting so is for sure not disruptive.

this could be sustainable and also on a queue allow people to dump all of its loot getting MA a nice amount of decay from craft machine

In hunting/mining you can increase your dps or drop based on the tool you use. In crafting there's no such element.
or just let's have craft a skill game...
craft time reduction based on the standard time * (100-skill)/100 where level 100 is zero delay clickfest

or just let's have craft a skill game...
craft time reduction based on the standard time * (100-skill)/100 where level 100 is zero delay clickfest
I wouldn't mind if it's skill/parameter/tools that require skill. All would lead to a better economy 🙂

Crafting takes time for a reason.
Time requirement is set just to allow more players to invest their time, serve to players and have something for that help, for the invested time. By removing time requirement, abilities for players to stay and survive will be lowered. After bots intercepted their tasks, professions.

When you want something, make an order. It sits there until it's filled. Hunters fill the hunting loot orders, miners fill the mining loot orders, crafters do components, end products.
great note. Just make an order at AH for Triphased wires you were looking for, Evey :) Placing an order you will allow real man to serve you. That would be support second (and maybe third, fourth) player to stay in EU with you. If order at fair markup, respecting man's time, cost. Isn't better to have more players in EU, Evey? Or you prefer just having more bots around you, serving you for free? Mr TT to sell you ammo at no markup, Mr Repair bot to go repair your gear and ask nothing for the service, Mr Recycler - a bot offering some markup for you already, probably loves your eyes color :), Mr Upgrader what will upgrade your gear and wont ask extra for the service, Mr LifeStealer, a bot sealed in your ring to offer you healing service for no fee.
but many people would be in this same boat on both sides of the coin where they would no longer purchase things from other players
indeed, it would be not that fun to stay on media where all players just play solo game. Even all going to play same style - miner-hunter-crafter-traders. Hypercompetition of players running around with almost same tasks. The result will be that EU wont be able to gather wide playerbase. Just because of low offer of professions. Evey asking for bots to replace real players :) Second, third bot player to work on background. 24/7 --> 48/7 --> ... Power kills, not heals economy.
  1. World of Warcraft
  2. Final Fantasy XIV
  3. Guild Wars 2
  4. The Elder Scrolls Online
  5. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  6. Black Desert Online
  7. RuneScape
  8. EVE Online
  9. Albion Online
  10. Neverwinter
Important FACT: None of these are RCE.

I see what you want, but its shortsighted and the longterm effect would be very negative.
Agree 100%. No reasons to lose uniqueness of EU. It would be bad to lose variance of professions offered to players, spreading these into bots. To boost solo player. Not service man. I'm sure that healthy economy is when profit is after serving other players. Serve to others and let others serve you. Give-to-get. To have high flow of goods/valuables meaning many actors are involved in processing it, transforming one valuables into another, have roles, tasks.

TIME = MARKUP

Removing TIME needed decreases MARKUP.

the picture will be bit different. Not loss of markup. Major impact will be on power of flow of goods. Flow will get reduced sufficiently. Materials wont come to market, it will get transformed into different product by same player who looted it. Circled play, closed loop. After flows of materials needed to real crafters will get reduced, markup on materials wont be reduced - it will grow. I could predict that it will be used as the power to racket real crafters to pay higher prices. ("If you wont pay - I simply will craft materials myself while hunting"). Relations between supplier:manufacturer:customer will get broken. Trust in player will get to lower, crafter's wish and ability to serve will drop down. I guess many crafters will leave their primary craft activities. Or even leave EU. Same as it happens when robots are implemented. Usually it happens to replace man. It will come to lower potential for majority of real players. Robots will benefit just those who are already powerful and looking how to achieve even higher efficiency and be even more active. 24/7 will become to 48/7. Hyperactivity is killer of those who are less active. That will lead to less players in EU on long term.

Ide like to set my weapon to go shoot for me too and I can do some crafting. Lol.

The whole thing behind crafting is people just sit there infront of it anyway and go afk anyway. Statues of entropia.
this exists - it is referred to as MACRO and is not allowed - allegedly

This wuld actualy kill the mu of like everything

People buy stuff because they got no time to craft same for mining ,same for hunting

Skilling is no problem @ all

I did depo 30.000 Euro to buy items because i dont want to spend my time in order to get that

Macro in hunting is a big mu killer already because it does this :

1. Increase the amount of stackables that one Person loots
2. Decrease the demand because its all over

The last 3 days i did spend my time in mining , i gathered 28k mixed ores

I still got 60k ped to drop some more bombs

I do understand what a bankroll Management is , but what if i deside to flood the market with 101% lysterium the next few days.

Thats possible because i managed to cut out a big part of the "time" buffer with a horror and a mod excavator.

I do understand why people want it but we also need to understand that people sell stuff for 101% because they dont want to Stack 100k stackables

Thats my first thought

My second thought is

Hmm if we enabable everyone to auto craft while hunting it will also increase the demand of oils and ores because they cutt the time buffer on crafting too

Turns that it is a risky idea but also a great idea to help the economy.

Nanocubes did benefit the economy
Macro did harm the economy
Auto crafting where ever you are will benefit the economy
Automining will harm the economy

But i think we need more players i see that working out in something positiv with ue 5

Back