Crafting queue / Remote crafting

Devinition of an "economic Good"
An economic good is a good or service that has a benefit (utility) to society.
Also, economic goods have a degree of scarcity and therefore an opportunity cost.

Important point is the SCARCITY
see on wikipedia Marginal utility to understand the BAD point of having too many resources

So the TIME that is scarce is the real equalizer

I find the queue list a good idea for when you want to do more than one BP but you are not around the computer all the time.

The rest I think that you are dreaming and completely trashing the craft profession.

You can already go afk for 5 hours when Mayhems happen. Open boxes while hunting or doing any other activity. Not enough?

Support others by buying their craft products. Put auction orders, don't want all the profit for yourself.

What you are proposing is 2 of the main professions at the same time. Why not just add auto mining too? 3 main professions at same time plus box opening and pet training. The sky is the limit! 😂

I find the queue list a good idea for when you want to do more than one BP but you are not around the computer all the time.

The rest I think that you are dreaming and completely trashing the craft profession.

You can already go afk for 5 hours when Mayhems happen. Open boxes while hunting or doing any other activity. Not enough?

Support others by buying their craft products. Put auction orders, don't want all the profit for yourself.

What you are proposing is 2 of the main professions at the same time. Why not just add auto mining too? 3 main professions at same time plus box opening and pet training. The sky is the limit! 😂

He has been shot down multiple times for this but he refuses to quit bringing it up for some reason. Why? No idea. I guess he thinks MA will just entertain any crap idea a rando player comes out with. Bless him...

Last edited:
It would be great if MA could allow the Manufacturing terminals to operate without the player having to be there for every crafting attempt. I would like to be able to create a task list for the machine, maybe even a queue; add the materials, set the job and let the machine do its thing while I hunt, mine or sleep and when ready, I could get a notification about it and check back the terminal for the results.

What do you guys think?
This would be great. Would prevent all the downtime involved when you make your own enhancers (for example).

This would be great. Would prevent all the downtime involved when you make your own enhancers (for example).
Exactly why this should never be implemented.
All those small crafters, who are dedicated to their profession, crafting low TT (or any high click count) items for those who deem their time more valuable elsewhere.
Would you rob them from everything just for a tiny gain for yourself?

Would be so good to have this with the new UI! :)
Sure, if they introduce the same automatic option for hunting. Sellect your gear and mob, insert ammo, and get loot over next X hours based on dps. Deal?

Exactly why this should never be implemented.
All those small crafters, who are dedicated to their profession, crafting low TT items for those who deem their time more valuable elsewhere.
Would you rob them from everything just for a tiny gain for yourself?

Sure, if they introduce the same automatic option for hunting. Sellect your gear and mob, insert ammo, and get loot over next X hours based on dps. Deal?
I'm not robbing them of anything as I don't buy anything from them anyway, if I need something I craft it myself and right now it's time wasted when I could be out having fun hunting. The suggested change would help in game turnover and activity for the many people who try to be self sufficient.

when I could be out having fun hunting
Exactly. Because time is limited. Thats why you either do it yourself, or pay someone else to do it.

Also, i dont like hunting, but i want to get loot. Can i have the same option for hunting? I just buy some gear, and have automatic loot at the end of the day?
It surely "would help in game turnover and activity for the many people who try to be self sufficient."

Edit: and we also solve botting issues. Win/win.

Last edited:
Exactly. Because time is limited. Thats why you either do it yourself, or pay someone else to do it.

Also, i dont like hunting, but i want to get loot. Can i have the same option for hunting? I just buy some gear, and have automatic loot at the end of the day?
It surely "would help in game turnover and activity for the many people who try to be self sufficient."
That would completly defeat the purpose of the game. Hunting is an active activity where you can do hundreds of different mobs on a dozen different planets and do a variety of missions, play in teams, run instances etc. Crafting is the same everywhere, stand idle at a terminal and click a button then go to bed if you like, they are not the same and you know this, they are not even comparable.

That would completly defeat the purpose of the game.
No sh*t Sherlock.

they are not even comparable
They are not comparable to you because all you do is to craft explosives.
Crafting is much more entertaining than clicking "F" on any planet, solo or in group, with text box reward after 1000 "F"s or without.

Respect peoples time and dedication, as you would like yours to be respected.

Skipping all the fancy economic theories that have already been brought up, my objection can be summed up in this way I think:

I think the reason we have such a small community is mainly because there is only a limited amount of opportunities that exist today in Entropia, which could probably be easily covered by some 200 or so players. The rest are "customers"

If you open up crafting as proposed above to the masses, you eliminate some of these opportunities.

If you want to grow the population, you have to INCREASE the number of distinct opportunities that exist in the game overall, not reduce them.

When people join a new game, they look for an edge, an opportunity somewhere which they can exploit. If they feel like none exist, they will quit.

So, opening up crafting to the masses as proposed concentrates fewer opportunities into fewer hands, result will be fewer "customers", the opposite of what we all want.

So it's a big NO on this from me.

Not until 2 things happen:

1. More population.
  2. Every item is gated behind blueprints (including UL).

Otherwise it's just to the detriment of the already weak economy.

Back