Crafting queue / Remote crafting

Devinition of an "economic Good"
An economic good is a good or service that has a benefit (utility) to society.
Also, economic goods have a degree of scarcity and therefore an opportunity cost.

Important point is the SCARCITY
see on wikipedia Marginal utility to understand the BAD point of having too many resources

So the TIME that is scarce is the real equalizer

I find the queue list a good idea for when you want to do more than one BP but you are not around the computer all the time.

The rest I think that you are dreaming and completely trashing the craft profession.

You can already go afk for 5 hours when Mayhems happen. Open boxes while hunting or doing any other activity. Not enough?

Support others by buying their craft products. Put auction orders, don't want all the profit for yourself.

What you are proposing is 2 of the main professions at the same time. Why not just add auto mining too? 3 main professions at same time plus box opening and pet training. The sky is the limit! 😂

I find the queue list a good idea for when you want to do more than one BP but you are not around the computer all the time.

The rest I think that you are dreaming and completely trashing the craft profession.

You can already go afk for 5 hours when Mayhems happen. Open boxes while hunting or doing any other activity. Not enough?

Support others by buying their craft products. Put auction orders, don't want all the profit for yourself.

What you are proposing is 2 of the main professions at the same time. Why not just add auto mining too? 3 main professions at same time plus box opening and pet training. The sky is the limit! 😂

He has been shot down multiple times for this but he refuses to quit bringing it up for some reason. Why? No idea. I guess he thinks MA will just entertain any crap idea a rando player comes out with. Bless him...

Last edited:
It would be great if MA could allow the Manufacturing terminals to operate without the player having to be there for every crafting attempt. I would like to be able to create a task list for the machine, maybe even a queue; add the materials, set the job and let the machine do its thing while I hunt, mine or sleep and when ready, I could get a notification about it and check back the terminal for the results.

What do you guys think?
This would be great. Would prevent all the downtime involved when you make your own enhancers (for example).

This would be great. Would prevent all the downtime involved when you make your own enhancers (for example).
Exactly why this should never be implemented.
All those small crafters, who are dedicated to their profession, crafting low TT (or any high click count) items for those who deem their time more valuable elsewhere.
Would you rob them from everything just for a tiny gain for yourself?

Would be so good to have this with the new UI! :)
Sure, if they introduce the same automatic option for hunting. Sellect your gear and mob, insert ammo, and get loot over next X hours based on dps. Deal?

All those small crafters, who are dedicated to their profession, crafting low TT items for those who deem their time more valuable elsewhere.

Sure, if they introduce the same automatic option for hunting. Sellect your gear and mob, insert ammo, and get loot over next X hours based on dps. Deal?
I'm not robbing them of anything as I don't buy anything from them anyway, if I need something I craft it myself and right now it's time wasted when I could be out having fun hunting. The suggested change would help in game turnover and activity for the many people who try to be self sufficient.

when I could be out having fun hunting
Exactly. Because time is limited. Thats why you either do it yourself, or pay someone else to do it.

Also, i dont like hunting, but i want to get loot. Can i have the same option for hunting? I just buy some gear, and have automatic loot at the end of the day?
It surely "would help in game turnover and activity for the many people who try to be self sufficient."

Edit: and we also solve botting issues. Win/win.

Last edited:
Exactly. Because time is limited. Thats why you either do it yourself, or pay someone else to do it.

Also, i dont like hunting, but i want to get loot. Can i have the same option for hunting? I just buy some gear, and have automatic loot at the end of the day?
It surely "would help in game turnover and activity for the many people who try to be self sufficient."
That would completly defeat the purpose of the game. Hunting is an active activity where you can do hundreds of different mobs on a dozen different planets and do a variety of missions, play in teams, run instances etc. Crafting is the same everywhere, stand idle at a terminal and click a button then go to bed if you like, they are not the same and you know this, they are not even comparable.

That would completly defeat the purpose of the game.
No sh*t Sherlock.

they are not even comparable
They are not comparable to you because all you do is to craft explosives.
Crafting is much more entertaining than clicking "F" on any planet, solo or in group, with text box reward after 1000 "F"s or without.

Respect peoples time and dedication, as you would like yours to be respected.

Skipping all the fancy economic theories that have already been brought up, my objection can be summed up in this way I think:

I think the reason we have such a small community is mainly because there is only a limited amount of opportunities that exist today in Entropia, which could probably be easily covered by some 200 or so players. The rest are "customers"

If you open up crafting as proposed above to the masses, you eliminate some of these opportunities.

If you want to grow the population, you have to INCREASE the number of distinct opportunities that exist in the game overall, not reduce them.

When people join a new game, they look for an edge, an opportunity somewhere which they can exploit. If they feel like none exist, they will quit.

So, opening up crafting to the masses as proposed concentrates fewer opportunities into fewer hands, result will be fewer "customers", the opposite of what we all want.

So it's a big NO on this from me.

It's going to be queue/order of one per planet (or maybe auction area = 2 sometimes).

If you want to grow the population, you have to INCREASE the number of distinct opportunities that exist in the game overall, not reduce them.

When people join a new game, they look for an edge, an opportunity somewhere which they can exploit. If they feel like none exist, they will quit.
I think these are two interesting points for the discussion. I agree with the first, even down to the level of years ago when somewhere had spawn pairs of punies for swunting spaced enough apart that half a dozen people each had their own little "distinct opportunity".

I only partly agree with point two, as lots will accept they have to initially grow into whatever role they wish to later 'be good at'.

I don't think people will be using auto-con for short, specific crafts along less-used niche chains - and the ks of clicks chains are hardly niche either. So I don't see a particular negative impact of auto-con here with regard to the distinct opportunities. Personally I think my time management is improved if I wish to do any longer runs as part of a chain leading to just a few finished items, instead of buying mats on auction.

Another point is that people were already doing afk runs of 10k or so during the night, also obviously of just one bp if using the system as it was. Maybe management will also be better now for things people only really want to do maybe 1k clicks of - they can do them along with hunting or mining now during the day.

All those small crafters, who are dedicated to their profession, crafting low TT (or any high click count) items for those who deem their time more valuable elsewhere.

1. Small crafters will still make the same junk and sell to others, mainly because they produce at a loss (MU of product included) due to heavy competition. No change there.
2. A more efficient crafting economy will hopefully mean cheaper comps and armatrix L weapons = good for the majority of player base
3. Autoplay in hunting ALREADY exist. Why do you think MA releases instances where no one interrupts your autoplay, or UL weapons that can burn ammo for hours on end? I do agree that built-in macro should be implemented!

EU is already an idle "game". Might as well do it properly.

Considering how ped turnover has an impact accross professions, as much as i would like to have tedious crafting stuff run in the background i think i agree with Ivo to leave this to the market and avoid a future where every highlvl hunter runs highped turnover crafting in the background.
Mindark might as well just release a new range of weapons that can cycle 10k ped per hour.
How the opinion has changed.

Eve could u ask MA for a caly mining event? asking for a friend
Have been doing it for years. I keep hinting at that nice mining event combined with easter mayhem where we looted fragments from mobs / mission reward then with certain amount of fragments we got a mission whihc was repeatable and to complete it you had to mine a bit and when you were getting the special strongbox, mission ended and you could take another mission with a new set of fragments. In those boxes you could find schematics for mining related tools, boxes said you could get amps, extractors, refiners etc. Some people did find some of those

ItemAvatarTime Stamp
Encoded CR-A SchematicAllar allarom MarkMon, 22 Apr 2019 00:43:46
Encoded GSE-A SchematicAnda StarTrek AdamThu, 18 Apr 2019 23:23:15

CR-A was Chikara Refiner adjusted
GSE was Genesis Star Excavator adjusted.

For those schematics you needed materials from hunting, mining and crafting, IIRC. The TT of the tool was needed in materals and you got back the TT from it in shrapnel. It should have been UA tbh.. but it was a great event. I hope CDF Resource Mayhem is just that or I hope to see this event back.

The update with crafting queue might be related to this new CDF Resource Mayhem in order to help produce a massive amount of mats in short time by everyone. And if it is, even if it's a Caly event, looks like the other planets would benefit from it as little as well

Eve could u ask MA for a caly mining event? asking for a friend

Well, since your friend is asking...

:tower:

1. Small crafters will still make the same junk and sell to others, mainly because they produce at a loss (MU of product included) due to heavy competition. No change there.
2. A more efficient crafting economy will hopefully mean cheaper comps and armatrix L weapons = good for the majority of player base
3. Autoplay in hunting ALREADY exist. Why do you think MA releases instances where no one interrupts your autoplay, or UL weapons that can burn ammo for hours on end? I do agree that built-in macro should be implemented!

EU is already an idle "game". Might as well do it properly.
Thnx, i appreciate another opinion of someone i never saw craft any of those.
You guys, as always, definitively know more than us, who were doing it day to day.
Change is alreday done. Dont waste my time quoting anything that had sense before and now doesnt.

Back