Current Mall Bid Details Please!

Status
Gratz to all the new mall moguls ;)

The most positive aspect of this auction was the participation of An She. Win or not, the fact that she was bidding for a serious chunk of EU is in itself the most positive EU news in over a year because it gives us an OUTSIDE confirmation of the future potential of EU from an experienced virtual real estate investor.

In game and this forum, we live in an isolated village with little or no contact with the rest of the virtual world. So, we make our own suppositions as to the value of things in our village. But we could be way off, up or down. Here comes someone from elsewhere who stayed in the bidding next to last, probably driving up the price a little higher than we expected to be, but not so much.

Meaning that our own "village" perception is in the ballpark, and more important, she has opened the way for other investors to take a serious look at EU.

Unfortunately, the PR value of this year's mall sale will be very limited. I don't care how well they write it up, few, if any, major newsdesks are going to pick it up for a story. It's not in a range of value or innovation to MAKE news. Sure, we will see the piece in Google News, but going to the dreadful Press Release sections of various industry watch. I say dreadful, because no one ever sees those PR sections unless one is specifically looking for it. They exist solely to please the industry wanna be and to create an archive just in case one of those wanna be suddenly takes off. (not being pejorative toward MA, it's just the way they see it in the trade news biz)

question...

I never heard of this people//// are they well know avatars?

Status
Back