Suggestion: Damage enhancers

Shilda

Alpha
Society
Hardcore
Shildas Shilda Shilds
Is about MA thinking about what they do that affects the enhancers, like reducing outputs drops, pyrite caps when now days we have 3 or 4 times more DPS and ped cycled. This makes what we see now, crafters that don't have stock or cant sell because they have orders etc etc one mod blade probably burns more enhancers than 5 weapons together years ago... Is a bottleneck. The system needs a balance. A balance that would be fair for everyone.

In a loot system where MU is the meta this kinda kills everything that we work for...

Also merry mayhem even longer than used to be and so close to a Halloween event doesn't help at all even more with a mini mayhem 5 days before the start.

I know I wasn't very explicit in the 1st post but I thought people would understand more about what I was referring to.

For some clueless players, a high lvl hunter with UL gear spends more in MU than any L hunter...

Hope this clarifies a bit more.

edit:
"In the upcoming Version Update 17.0, several changes and improvements have been made to item tiering and enhancers to make those systems easier to use and less expensive.

Our main goals for these changes are to increase usage of those systems (mainly by decreasing cost) and to stimulate increased crafting activity through increased demand for enhancers. Additional improvements to these systems are planned for upcoming Version Updates."

source : Dev note #21

Last edited:
Fix the price!?
U think now it's high? Just wait half way in the merry mayhem then Q1 when TWEN starts shortly after merry mayhem. Expect the days of 500%+ dmg enh. The dmg enh maffia gonna make a killin'.

Damage enhancers are set by demand at this point. Don't expect it to go back down until after TWEN.

Go mine or hunt for OACs...
is not

Outputs - fix the price!?
Pyrite - fix the price!?

Supply/Demand
Theres just not enough ppl mining pyrite, and not enough outputs being looted. This short supply is mostly caused by more and more using damage enhancers while AFK hunting in instances where the burn rate of enhancers is faster compared to the drops of outputs and amounts of pyrite being mined at the time as many people are in the instances trying to loot tokens and boxes. Also time GAP between Halloween and Christmas mayhem is very short. Not nearly enough time to create any reasonable supply. People are now preparing weeks/months for Mayhems.

MA needs to adjust droprates of outputs and possibly pyrite otherwise price of enhancers will be high.

Prices of enhancers are adjusted based on % of these key materials. There is also shortage of several socket component (3, 4, 8, 9)
Simply put demand is HIGH, supplies are LOW.

And unless people stop using them its just going to be worse... I think that we will see at least 350-400% because I see pyrite hitting at 240% and Outputs 180% unless droprates change.

EDIT: Mindark extending Merry Mayhem making it 40 DAYS also will not help the situation. Pills will be more reasonable to use than enhancers (But with pills ppl have to check their PC every hour)

Last edited:
I've just stopped using enhancers. At the current prices its actually better off for me to just use higher dps Armatrix weapons than load up all my slots with damage enhancers on my UL weapon. Gonna run into supply issues with L weapons come Merry mayhem but ill cross that bridge when I come to it.

People are now preparing weeks/months for Mayhems.
This is unfortunately true and it really blows my mind that MA is so hands-off when it comes to pyrite and OAC considering that each filled enhancer slot is an additive income multiplier for them when loot it supposedly dynamic.

The "we just need more miners" meme doesn't really fly with me though. The drop rate of pyrite could be multiplied by 5 and the MU cut in 1/5. Miners would still be walking away with the same ratio of 'ped in: markup out' due to the extreme amount of people just not using enhancers due to cost.

I mean, jfc, whenever you hit a big blaus or lyst claim you are literally forced to stop playing the game and go afk. Cringe. I've been mining a few days per month for pyrite now and it is an awful experience due to that (literally never seen a pyrite global btw - but I have seen plenty of people log in, global, log out, rinse & repeat - cringe again)

If we actually "need" more miners, and MA doesn't want to change drop rate of pyrite or introduce it to loot during events; let's at least see a tool implemented that lets you destroy a resource claim and get back 99.5% of the tt value in shrapnel. Please.

And while we're at it: pyrite should be on every planet and not just in lootable areas on PP territory.

The majority of the playerbase shouldn't be taxed so heavily because they don't want to engage with the (subjectively? objectively?) boring content that is mining.

p.s. Shilda is right - the price of enhancers are not legitimately based on current/time-of-sale market demand - they are artificially inflated due to people buying enough enhancers to literally last them 3-6+ months at a time. It's impossible for this to not be the case with current drop rates of pyrite though as resellers/"service providers" would just buy up the pyrite and gouge people in shops if people were not preparing in advance and pyrite was allowed to hit natural market equilibrium.

Put Pyrite back in pvp4, without that wave shit.
So it can be mined sucsessfully with lvl13 amp and all enhancer supply issues will be gone.

I think my suggestions here could help resolve some of the issues with mining:

Put Pyrite back in pvp4, without that wave shit.
So it can be mined sucsessfully with lvl13 amp and all enhancer supply issues will be gone.

I dont know man, pyrite is a mess.

When was in lootable you had 1 noob using exploits and mine it. He only sold to 1-2 crafters so they had all the monopoly.

In the current state is good but they really reduced the amount of outputs during mayhem events. 2-3 years ago i used to manage to buy 20-30k tt output per Christmas event.

I have always said, I don't really care what pyrite or outputs go for, I will just adjust enhancer price as enhancers will trade no matter what, only thing that suffers is volume. I would prefer to sell at 200% rather than 350% but this market is what it is.

That said I am out for the this event, I will craft out what I have but shop will not get restocked unless MA fixes drop rate/price gauging/mining in general. I am sorry to the regular customers, it has been a huge BS lately, and frankly I am just tired of dealing with it.

We might have to hunt without enhancers because of these new bottlenecks introduced by MA which will cause massive frustration. Only way out might be to temporarily cut in half enh break rate..
What bottlenecks? Output and Pyrite are being sold at quantities never seen before. Its just a demand issue.
Blue line is sales

What bottlenecks? Output and Pyrite are being sold at quantities never seen before. Its just a demand issue.
Blue line is sales
Like being a crafter and having to turn down 10-20 orders. Or liek being a hunter and being turned down by x crafters, that kind of bottlenecks, it's not all just graphs

Like being a crafter and having to turn down 10-20 orders. Or liek being a hunter and being turned down by x crafters, that kind of bottlenecks, it's not all just graphs
Again, just a demand issue, supply is more than it ever was.

Again, just a demand issue, supply is more than it ever was.
Are you aware of the quantity of pyrite sold via player-to-player trade rather than auction before pyrite was readily available outside of lootable? Specifically in comparison to now?

Actually clueless take. Sorry.

I
We might have to hunt without enhancers because of these new bottlenecks introduced by MA which will cause massive frustration. Only way out might be to temporarily cut in half enh break rate..
It always surprises me that MA keep pyrite so high, surely increased cycle due to enhancers is the name of the game for them.

be a real shame for the Q4 report if all the high cyclers were to work at T0 cycle.

Edit to mention that I actually think output enhancers have a nice balance and having them drop in price during mayhem is a nice touch as it encourages enhancers to be made during events, helping to keep metal res down and benefiting L hunters

pyrite only being obtainable at argus or ark pvp is a big bottleneck... and OA drop rates got crushed the last mayhem for whatever reason.

pyrite should be equally common in all pvp zones, with a bonus for lootable pvp.

- dmg enhancers should last longer
- we need something UL in those slots to replace the dmg enhancers

It’s not so much MU that’s the core bottle neck, but rather enhancer crafting itself. By design, you can only get one enhancer per success, unlike components where a global can get you multiple of that item. Even if a single click costs 2 ped, some enhancers only have 0.2 ped TT. You lose a lot more on MU items due to general TT loss, but especially anything that is not a full success.

That’s why even cheap mining excavator enhancers aren’t cheap to craft, much less ones like damage enhancers.

It’s not so much MU that’s the core bottle neck, but rather enhancer crafting itself. By design, you can only get one enhancer per success, unlike components where a global can get you multiple of that item. Even if a single click costs 2 ped, some enhancers only have 0.2 ped TT. You lose a lot more on MU items due to general TT loss, but especially anything that is not a full success.

That’s why even cheap mining excavator enhancers aren’t cheap to craft, much less ones like damage enhancers.
This is by design, the excess residue contributes massively to the economy

This is by design, the excess residue contributes massively to the economy
Yeah, we actually need more residue sources. EP is another big source, but it really shows during mayhem there isn’t enough residue around.

pyrite only being obtainable at argus or ark pvp is a big bottleneck... and OA drop rates got crushed the last mayhem for whatever reason.

pyrite should be equally common in all pvp zones, with a bonus for lootable pvp.
Indeed I agree. This should be most optimal solution.

What if they made lootable pvp non-lootable for the duration of mayhem?

Make pvp lucrative again rather than all lyst and oil, pretty simple fix. And the easiest solution for this problem, stop letting people afk hunt 24hrs a day and they will break less enhancers.

Back