Suggestion: Damage enhancers

Sound like I should get into the mining and crafting business. If anyone want to help out and potentially be my first customer, please send me relevant info on where I can find pyrite and at what depth :)

where I can find pyrite and at what depth

PVP only, all PVP on caly and maybe some on other planets. Ark used to drop it.

IDK what depth I find it with F-105, TerraMaster 3, and occasionally the UL rookie finder.

For more specific locations, I'm no good right now. I've only been back a few weeks playing on the new mining maps but I can tell you that it's mostly close to or under mob spawns. Just my anecdotal, small-time experience ;)

EDIT: yeah it's been a while and some people have made some comments here - I recall a bunch of rage at them making Pyrite available in non-lootable PVP at one point. Based on comments in this thread, maybe that's not happening any more. IDK there's always a lot of confused people around, and it does get contagious.

2nd edit: yeah see many comments in this thread about Argus.

Last edited:
The profit on enhancers is very small. The only key to profit decent is/was to have pyrite bought before big events. In some periods crafters were refusing my pyrite so i started to craft also. What i disliked when i saw some of them manipulating the price and buying enhs from auc to push the price lol.

Worst case was with lootable area because it didnt had many miners and created a monopoly for 2-3 crafters.

Last edited:
Thanks I'll have a look at some mining. Though I have a feeling that when everyone says go Argus it's usually old info and it's better somewhere else

I know some people don't like these posts, due to sample size it's just anecdotal fun.

index.php

43 rookie drops at the rig, TerraAmp I Athena. Hitting a (9) iron feels like a HoF :love:

<24 PED TT out.

Thanks I'll have a look at some mining.

Regardless of the pyrite, it's frequently worth it. I'm going to run a few hundred drops in PVP4 and see if I can document a rookie pyrite find.

Also the rig was busy, nobody shot at me, and someone even helped me kill a trox so i could pull a Belkar (3). Good stuff.

I know some people don't like these posts, due to sample size it's just anecdotal fun.

index.php

43 rookie drops at the rig, TerraAmp I Athena. Hitting a (9) iron feels like a HoF :love:

<24 PED TT out.

Regardless of the pyrite, it's frequently worth it. I'm going to run a few hundred drops in PVP4 and see if I can document a rookie pyrite find.

Also the rig was busy, nobody shot at me, and someone even helped me kill a trox so i could pull a Belkar (3). Good stuff.
Tried about 100 drops in Argus. Got 1 pyrite claim of a whooping 1.4 ped. If this is the drop rate then it takes more than 20 miners per hunter to produce enough pyrite. I did slightly tt profit though :)

If this is the drop rate then it takes more than 20 miners per hunter to produce enough pyrite.

Right so even if "go mine more" would be helpful - This is enough reason to support the point of the thread I think.

I would guess what we actually have in game is more like 20 hunters per miner :LOL:

when i said the AH should make visible the order owners and let ppl sell to who they want not to who is fist price listed by 0.01 more or by 1 amount more to the stack, no1 gave t much of a shit and yet everyone is all fuss and bother cause few non playing dudes sit in AH to control the market, the same market that MA said if is altered leads to ban, well if that is not market manipulation idk what is, and more to it if u are cornered in your freedom to just a few fixed moves.. where's the liberty ?
Agree with this (why cant we see who is ordering? Also like the idea to sell to specific person). I actually sold for their orders a small amount to find out who the ppl are.

I post an order up by several PEDS and they always do 0.01 in like several minutes. I've mostly given up on orders due to this...

Agree with this (why cant we see who is ordering? Also like the idea to sell to specific person). I actually sold for their orders a small amount to find out who the ppl are.

I post an order up by several PEDS and they always do 0.01 in like several minutes. I've mostly given up on orders due to this...
They don’t show you who is ordering because otherwise a seller could bypass the auction and rob Mindark of their precious auction fees. There are still ways to find out of course but it’s not the point.

Tried about 100 drops in Argus. Got 1 pyrite claim of a whooping 1.4 ped. If this is the drop rate then it takes more than 20 miners per hunter to produce enough pyrite. I did slightly tt profit though :)
Yeah pyrite% in Argus is really low outside of waves and the area is heavily overmined, so SR can be extremely low too, yet some people claim most of it comes from there. Not really sure if they're being ignorant or deliberately misleading.

yet some people claim most of it comes from there

Probably (well possibly) true. Strictly due to a large number of players grinding it hard but refusing to risk lootable.

If returns are otherwise acceptable, then discussing the drop rate of a particular ore is just intellectual talk for a miner. Right, yes, more MU would be nice ... but why add risk if you're profitable?

I know I already said this in thread but my last ~100 PED run in PVP4 netted me 9 PED in pyrite. Mining under the level 18 - 22 ish mutants (Thorio? Thorifoid?) in PVP 4 and also under attackers. I would expect a better drop rate there, and it's probably not getting over-mined. I've seen one green dot there in probably 12 - 15 hours of play over the last month.

Again though, the tiny numbers are fun but don't really say anything conclusive. Even a couple of hundred drops is nothing (statistically) if you have no data on how much 'static' you're getting from other players. If 9 - 10% of TT return was consistently pyrite, I don't think we would be having this thread. And PVP4 would probably be busy.

Soko and I never marked up enhancers unless pyrite dictated it, we never bought them from the auction and have never refused to sell to anyone. Your conspiracy theories about the enhancer mafia is bullshit. Thanks to the price of pyrite, we are out. And BTW, we weren't rolling in ped. All ped in was used to craft out.

I’ll sell you my LBML with all pyrite mapped…

20k peds

It’s not so much MU that’s the core bottle neck, but rather enhancer crafting itself. By design, you can only get one enhancer per success, unlike components where a global can get you multiple of that item. Even if a single click costs 2 ped, some enhancers only have 0.2 ped TT. You lose a lot more on MU items due to general TT loss, but especially anything that is not a full success.

That’s why even cheap mining excavator enhancers aren’t cheap to craft, much less ones like damage enhancers.
This. Put pyrite back in lootable and also make it a bismuth fragment like drop universe wide.

Last edited:
You know what?

Just remove the wave contingency from pyrite and just let it be mined at a fixed percent lower than the static blaus/iron/caldorite/lyst/cumbriz.

Frankly, if someone wants to cycle 15k/day mining they should be rewarded like they would with any other commodity-based loot and not watch it be gobbled up by the many account sharers, "brothers", "sisters", "wives", and so on. I am really tired of watching people that just sit in discords or chats and just play the game 5 minutes per hour get rewarded for it.

There is no reason why this type of commodity should even be associated with waves. At the end of the day it is an essential resource.

We Have TWEN. Mayhem. Cyrene and NI are doing events in 2023 - Is there a Gold Rush too? Are we going to continue getting Mini Mayhems with loot compositions that are non-contributors to the overall economic state of the game?

We are on a direct course to a meta where we are splitting our time 70:30 hunting:mining and frankly I'd expect some people to quit if there isn't a correction.

That sounds awful given how mining currently plays.

Last edited:
I wonder what would happen if MA @Ludvig|MindArk were to search for Pyrite stockpiles on accounts and match them up to the auction behaviours of pyrite and enhancers.

I’m not saying for sure that there is a grand conspiracy, but I’ve seen some convincing evidence. And it would be cool to know that Mindark investigate these things.

I wonder what would happen if MA @Ludvig|MindArk were to search for Pyrite stockpiles on accounts and match them up to the auction behaviours of pyrite and enhancers.

I’m not saying for sure that there is a grand conspiracy, but I’ve seen some convincing evidence. And it would be cool to know that Mindark investigate these things.

What do you mean with searching on account and auc behavior ? Its not breaking TOS if u buy to sell for higher price.

What do you mean with searching on account and auc behavior ? Its not breaking TOS if u buy to sell for higher price.
BRB calling the ToS police to come raid your storage

Monkey-phone.jpg

Thou shalt not buy anything that will appreciate in value, that’s illegal.

Make fun of my comment all you like. But buying with the sole intention of raising the price is an issue. Maybe i should have been more clear. As people are unable to see the wider picture.

If a party is to buy all the pyrite and all of the enhancers they can, and hold the price at a higher point. Is that natural market behaviours or a TOS grey area.

this isn’t a question of everyday people buying with the hopes of appreciation. Don’t take it personally. It was merely a suggestion. If that action is allowed I would love some clarification as there are some fantastic opportunities out there.

My last comment on this matter.

If everyone want cheaper enhancers we need to ask MA to increase the tt of output and pyrite. This will fix the demand. They can increase the tt with 2-3 weeks before events.

Now the funny part. I used to do rig mining in 2018 and pyrite was between 150-300 ped per wave (300 big wave) and around events MA used to reduce to 100-200 ped. Its not happening now with pyrite is same amount as months ago or since it got moved from Pvp3.

Last edited:
Let's go to numbers.. all become clear
apart accountg that i can produce ENHANCER PRICE = PYRITE INGOT * 1.55 where this allows a Crafter to BARELY SURVIVE (2...3% margin) with maxed BPs
so enhancers rise more than prioportional to pyrite.
10% increase in pyrite is 15% in enhancers, 20% becomes 30%
and this is the manufacture cost.
then there are AH fees and some risk of relisting.

crafting cost (Alina or Truejuan can probably say somehitng very similar)
i consider 200% Pyrite = 310% enh [EDIT: with output over 130 someghing is to be added, make it 5% more] 315%
220% pyrite 340% enh 345%

at these levels probably it is better to increaswe game time (removing enhancers adds to dpp and eff) than speeding at these cost.

there is need of caps removals wave removals so that all ores can pop in mining nodes on all planets
that way at sone price level more miners start to bomb and realign price.

we had also an ignisium shortage just because solo was tiering one weapon.. this is funny and dramatic... it is a sign that system is not working.

Last edited:
At 350% MU, for a tier 10 weapon, it equates to about an additional 1.3% cost on cycle over being unenhanced, generally speaking.

Basically, every 50% MU of enhancers is roughly an addition of 0.27% cost on cycle for t10 weapons.

It all depends on the potential MU of an event whether that cost can be covered.

Not every weapon is the same, I'd take those numbers with a grain of salt. Give or take 30%.

In the end, there's a lot of things wrong with enhancers and Mindark, in the end, created the problem/environment in the first place. Which is funny sort of, since players are always asking for markup. Here is where there are markup opportunities (even with the help of quite a bit of manipulation) and the pitchforks are out.

players are always asking for markup. Here is where there are markup opportunities (even with the help of quite a bit of manipulation) and the pitchforks are out.
Markup is very welcome but NOT when it comes out from SHORTAGE or HOARDING
in real life CORNERING prices is a criminal offense, wea re in a game but ...
SHORTAGE is an error by Mindark, they do not accoun that if there is more turnover in enh we need more items to craf
HOARDING / CORNERING / STORAGING of pyrite ingots is a manipulation, solution is easy, go to point 1... .
see the outcome
1. a ingot is crafted... ADD 1 TO THE LOOT POOL
2. ingot is STORAGED for more than 24 hours? add total amount of last 24 hours in the loot pool
3. ITEM IS TTed = diminish presence in loot pool no one gives a fuck of it

Asper the second item (Output components) why there was no increase in the rextellum or falxangius or sea wraith hunting for output components? spleen is 105....

Back