Question: Disable vehicles in lootable PvP?

Disable vehicles in lootable PvP on Calypso?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
I voted for disable with hope, that someday MA rebalance vehicle and pvp system, introduce new mounted guns, set 1min delay for recall vehicle option or disable inventory for example. The main problem was just in pitbull has too many SI...

Also I didnt vote for disable radar!!! :lolup:

Last edited:
There has been other issues with vehicles in pvp4 due to creative use: People using them as one-way Shields (shoot out but be protected against hits from outside), unorthox nagivation to make them travel (ie fly) faster than expected. I'm not sure if exiting vehicle, shoot with rocket launcher or Another hand-held weapon mid-air and then jump back into vehicle is an issue or not when it comes to fairness.

Besides then the "other side's" use of them to recall stackables to storage.

The problem is that when there is some sort of abused feature, some people doesn't listen, but MA forcefully need to disable a certain feature to make those people stop (ab)using it. "It's MA's fault we can still <trap mobs or whatever> and I'll keep on doing it".

Having said that, as someone else mentioned, there is still places for vehicle pvp; oil rig, landgrabs and pvp3 to mention a few. (How many more tank- and battleship Blueprint clicks have been released recently?)

Last edited:
From Entropia Planets:

"Q. One of the big changes/issues with this recent VU was the new hitboxes on mobs. What will these be used for?

A. Hit and collision detection.​"

Maybe this is the start... so ppl in a future can't go inside the vehicle without realy enter on the vehicle.

Why is this stickied? I guess my input is still wanted.

Allow vehicles in lootable pvp, what purpose do they serve otherwise. If someone doesn't like it because their uber armor isn't as much of an advantage, just buy a vehicle yourself, or a rare uber one to still feel better than others if that is your thing.

I wish they were enabled, but with controls to prevent the recall all vehicles exploitation.

I wish they were enabled, but with controls to prevent the recall all vehicles exploitation.

Prehaps not allowing vehicles with items in them to be recalled (in PVP), the same way it works with space.

Why is this stickied? I guess my input is still wanted.

Allow vehicles in lootable pvp, what purpose do they serve otherwise. If someone doesn't like it because their uber armor isn't as much of an advantage, just buy a vehicle yourself, or a rare uber one to still feel better than others if that is your thing.

/mod note/
The thread was originally stickied by Kim/Calypso in 2012, and actively discussed by the community for over a year.

However as the thread has been dormant for over 18mths, rule 3.5 applies.
:locked:

Status
Back