Question: Disable vehicles in lootable PvP?

Disable vehicles in lootable PvP on Calypso?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Welcome to pre vehicles times when PVP was full of people and it was interesting to be in there!

Really????

Do you think pvp4 is going to fill up with noobs happy to give away there loot. all the pk'ers rubbing there hands together, waiting for the update, as the flood of people enter into pvp4 desperate to be looted!

LOL

dreamers

It was a very different game back then, everywhere had more people, everything was more expensive, or have we not noticed that this games fragile and small playerbase has been getting smaller? or am i the dreamer?

Yeah, yeah! Happy-happy-joy-joy!

1. Pyrite skyrocketing;
2. DMG enhancers market going to balance itself, (PK'ers don't give fuck about MU on DMGs, since they shooting not so often, compared to hunters), since hunters will not buy overpriced DMGs;
3. Second important component - Output Amplifier - goes down in MU, compensating Pyrite MU;

PK'ers happy! Hunters ha... wait.

Really????

Do you think pvp4 is going to fill up with noobs happy to give away there loot. all the pk'ers rubbing there hands together, waiting for the update, as the flood of people enter into pvp4 desperate to be looted!

LOL

dreamers

It was a very different game back then, everywhere had more people, everything was more expensive, or have we not noticed that this games fragile and small playerbase has been getting smaller? or am i the dreamer?

From what did you read such statement?
I was referring to the fact that people had to run not use the comfort of a vehicle back in the days and that it was more fun back then in pvp4 and you come raining down on me with some random stuff... :loco:

I think everyone has a bad taste in their mouth about MA making changes based on lootable pvp concerns because they have done the exact opposite of this in the past. They tried really hard to keep vehicles in lootable pvp. Patching things here and there to circumvent exploits and such and each time they did it, it affected the rest of the player base negatively (ie getting in with items reloading).

Just outlawing them in their current form fixes all that with no effect to the player base as a whole. Much better than a bad patch here and there.

Here is a quick estimation just for those thinking just how wonderful this will be for pvpers:

Before Vehicles (6 hr session):
50 ped ME burned
~5 players killed
Average +15 peds loot above ammo return

After Vehicles (6 hr session):
5 ped oil burned
~15 players killed
Average +1 ped loot above ammo return (ie the leftovers from the last pull/mob loot)

So no vehicles can be more profitable but far less kills per hour.

Welcome to pre vehicles times when PVP was full of people and it was interesting to be in there!

So so true! It will be great! I was just referring to all who thought it sucked having vehicles in pvp due them not being able to loot. So now it puts both on the same playing field but they will come back yelling 'I can't use my vehicle to loot others as easy!' :laugh:

GPSPrize (or what ever your nick is)...Na NA! :)

PS, surely this should of been done more official?

i mean this forum isnt actually the official means of communication is it? this is a game decision, surely sending a link to the poll to all entropia accounts email address would of been the better way to do it. so that all could get a chance to vote of decisions such as this???

to me this poll was corrupted, and people voted not to what was asked in the question, but rather to a dislike of 'NOOB' players as they put it, having a chance to survive in pvp, and that there people hated vehicles and would rather never see them in pvp ever again, which wasnt what was asked was it??

very well said. How does the vote of 119 ppl make the decision that affects nearly 2.5k players? weither they ventue into pvp4 frequently or not at all, everyone should have been made aware of the intent to possibly change the rules there.

another example of the playing field not being fair for all

then get everyone to vote?
or get the ingame voting working?

very well said. How does the vote of 119 ppl make the decision that affects nearly 2.5k players? weither they ventue into pvp4 frequently or not at all, everyone should have been made aware of the intent to possibly change the rules there.

another example of the playing field not being fair for all

Agreed. I am grateful for the communication, but maybe they could have emailed the poll to active players? Or advertised this poll more? :scratch2:

I dont know but i kinda like the thrill in lootable pvp... With veichles that dissapered.

It's done, vehicles will be turned off in PvP4 as soon as the next content patch is released. Thanks for your help!

Great! but will it some how overlap in space LOL, imagine space vehicles being disabled as of 21st August!

this thread was pretty much always bumped up exspecially when got closer to the ending of the poll.......
but it would have to be a in game voting system that needs to be perfected for such situations and think would be a great addition to the universe...

this thread was pretty much always bumped up exspecially when got closer to the ending of the poll.......
but it would have to be a in game voting system that needs to be perfected for such situations and think would be a great addition to the universe...

I can tell you what would happen if woting in game and all players can wote... 80% of players will say that dont deed to disable vehicles in pvp. WHY? Because they dont go to pvp at all and they dont understand where is the problem... Dont foget players, low skilled players who going to pvp and mining there or trying to hunt, but cant protect themselfs, they will vote for keeping vehicles, they can survive there only by useing unfair advantage of vehicles (they got quad wings, pitbuls and keep all loot inside, recall them to storage if they are low SI or just jump out of flying vehicle and die, or hide inside textures chargeing TP, or use bugs and press T while vehicle is runing and after 1 min driving around he is save at revival...)

Dont need any voting in this situation - vehicles are not ready for lootable pvp zones YET. And everyone, who understand how lootable pvp should work, know that.

Reactions: das
Dont need any voting in this situation - vehicles are not ready for lootable pvp zones YET. And everyone, who understand how lootable pvp should work, know that.

Ofc no need. All what you want - is total domination. In ANY circumstances. What do you want - it's one shoot kill from distance, and people without any gear have 0, ZERO chances.

You always talk about "fairness". If you considering shooting sitting ducks as fair - ok.
If you considering that miner lost 300ped of stuff, and to replenish that amount he need to mine for week is fair - ok.
If you considering that you gain that total domination risking MAX by only toxic is fair - ok.

Yes, Im against bugs, "recalling" and such stuff. But Im also against being shot in no time, from behind of radar and don't have chances at all. Even if I will have skills, gear and such - my chances will not improve against your teaming. Skills and gear I will have, tho. It's all about time.

I hope, you understand that it's not rant. (never had pitbull in my inv, never recall vehicles with stuff to save, - I just cowardly run away with stuff.)

Ofc no need. All what you want - is total domination. In ANY circumstances. What do you want - it's one shoot kill from distance, and people without any gear have 0, ZERO chances.

You always talk about "fairness". If you considering shooting sitting ducks as fair - ok.
If you considering that miner lost 300ped of stuff, and to replenish that amount he need to mine for week is fair - ok.
If you considering that you gain that total domination risking MAX by only toxic is fair - ok.

Yes, Im against bugs, "recalling" and such stuff. But Im also against being shot in no time, from behind of radar and don't have chances at all. Even if I will have skills, gear and such - my chances will not improve against your teaming. Skills and gear I will have, tho. It's all about time.

I hope, you understand that it's not rant. (never had pitbull in my inv, never recall vehicles with stuff to save, - I just cowardly run away with stuff.)

Mate, u right! U told realy true! U dont have chance against more skilled player or well teaming players... But that it is! Who dont let U to skill up more, buy better gear or gather strong team? That how it was before vehicles... Dont foget that now it is 400m radar, so U got more chance to get out then before with 200m radar...
Thing is that alot of player DONT LIKE PVP, especially lootable pvp. And I see that u one of them - u think that it is unfair to loot miner, or noobs... But wait! Who told them to go and mine to the most dangerous place in the game... Every player who going to lootable pvp should evaluate his options... Now player like that got good reason going there - bugs related with vehicles...

Btw, if u considering shooting 5 pitbuls of same miner in a row without geting single pec of loot as fair... Ofc, now u can say - who make u to shoot - dont like - dont shoot! And u right!... BUT... not in lootable pvp...

Mate, u right! U told realy true! U dont have chance against more skilled player or well teaming players... But that it is! Who dont let U to skill up more, buy better gear or gather strong team? That how it was before vehicles... Dont foget that now it is 400m radar, so U got more chance to get out then before with 200m radar...
Thing is that alot of player DONT LIKE PVP, especially lootable pvp. And I see that u one of them - u think that it is unfair to loot miner, or noobs... But wait! Who told them to go and mine to the most dangerous place in the game... Every player who going to lootable pvp should evaluate his options... Now player like that got good reason going there - bugs related with vehicles...

Btw, if u considering shooting 5 pitbuls of same miner in a row without geting single pec of loot as fair... Ofc, now u can say - who make u to shoot - dont like - dont shoot! And u right!... BUT... not in lootable pvp...

:computer: :popcorn:

Kim can you clarify if a player could still enter PVP4 with a vehicle spawned outside? :scratch2:

The vehicle spawning option around the claim in forts was removed but ppl could still spawn the vehicles outside the claim and enter that area with them.

Disable vehicles in lootable PvP on all Planets.

Had wrote a wall of text, but error prevent from posting it. Well, sign of pointless anyway.

You wrong about me, you talking about pitbulls and stuff like that, okay.

My friend still shooting people in pvp4 and looting them, vehicles or not.

Disable vehicles in lootable PvP on all Planets.

Since this is a planet specific issue, you would have to ask the PPs of those other planets about that.

I can tell you what would happen if woting in game and all players can wote... 80% of players will say that dont deed to disable vehicles in pvp. WHY? Because they dont go to pvp at all and they dont understand where is the problem... Dont foget players, low skilled players who going to pvp and mining there or trying to hunt, but cant protect themselfs, they will vote for keeping vehicles, they can survive there only by useing unfair advantage of vehicles (they got quad wings, pitbuls and keep all loot inside, recall them to storage if they are low SI or just jump out of flying vehicle and die, or hide inside textures chargeing TP, or use bugs and press T while vehicle is runing and after 1 min driving around he is save at revival...)

you talk of unfair advantages but it seems to me you want the situation where you are able to one-shot kill anyone in lootable at any time, i agree that bugs with vehicles need to be fixed, and that recalling with loot gives a miner a advantage, but with high tier weapons and rocket launchers with insane damage but no vehicles a miner stands no chance in lootable. the high SI of some vehicles was the only thing that compensated for the advantage that a attacker could have.

Vehiculs not ready for PVP lootable i agree but there is few more things that need to be added or also disabled tempolary…

My wish list would be for PVP :

Remove bonus of any enhansers in PVP because armor can’t follow the dmg but make them usable agains’t mobs. (Take 200+ dmg without critical on platted hermes/eon/infiltrator isn’t normal to my eyes). I think we need new PVP armors and plates to be crafted and looted or make new enhansers with exemple +15% burn only.
The best balanced PVP was probably the setup of VU9.

Like in any orther FPS games we need a Mouse Sensibility panel in option so we can have exactly the sensibility we wants.

Reduce radar range to the ~200m original.

Vehiculs not ready for PVP lootable i agree but there is few more things that need to be added or also disabled tempolary…

My wish list would be for PVP :

Remove bonus of any enhansers in PVP because armor can’t follow the dmg but make them usable agains’t mobs. (Take 200+ dmg without critical on platted hermes/eon/infiltrator isn’t normal to my eyes). I think we need new PVP armors and plates to be crafted and looted or make new enhansers with exemple +15% burn only.
The best balanced PVP was probably the setup of VU9.

Like in any orther FPS games we need a Mouse Sensibility panel in option so we can have exactly the sensibility we wants.

Reduce radar range to the ~200m original.

I agree that enahcers isnt good for pvp, BUT... Adding better armors will be even worse. Why? Because then low lvl players can do max 1dmg to that armor... And guess who gonna buy best armors? Players who are most skilled, use best weapons... Btw, when u talking about tiers, compair tiered gun (lets say t10) with tiered armor (lets say t10)... And dont look to max dmg, look to avarage.

Why need to reduce radar? I think 400m radar is cool. In this place low lvl players got more chance to run away with big radar, then small 200m radar.

On the comment of one hit guns...you know people like Hulk already had rockets and weapons like tango's that could one hit most avatars even before tiering...even with an AL29...regardless of whether it's tiered or not, with a BoomBBC or Pro900...it's pretty painful.

Why need to reduce radar? I think 400m radar is cool. In this place low lvl players got more chance to run away with big radar, then small 200m radar.

At first I was like "wtf... he thinking about "chances" of others, no, impossibiru..." Then I was like - "haha, 400m he need for himself - like PK'ng "finder range" - wider - the better, less time to cover area."

Glad all this nerfing shit is just for "balancing" times.

Sounds like we need to call a wambulance for some people in this thread :silly2:

Poor little fellers are going to have to gear up or actually play with a smudge of intelligence.

About damn time, I was so into PvP4.
Since vehicles killed it I thought I would never see it as good as it was again but this is one step in the right direction.
I sure wish I didn't sell my gear and skills now... but I have something to work back to now.
Huge win for Kim in my eyes and I hope to be back out there soon.
GL all and may PvP4 be fun for all.
Skull

disable ground vehicles or ground vehicles with less than a certain SI (for example if you can take vehicle if it has less than say 500 in SI).

some kinds of vehicle should still be allowed.. perhaps maybe aircraft. but disable recall on all vehicles unless the vehicle is destroyed. so recall only works if the vehicle is blown up. the person who blows up the vehicle loots the storage. or make it so the only way a intact vehicle can be recalled is if there is nothing in the vehicle storage.
make it so these rules only work within the lootable zone so you can recall a vehicle with stuff in the storage anywhere else but....

as an alternative.. to give the looted a chance and help the economy at the same time. implement special limited storage boxes that can be recalled to storage. these would be a crafted single use item of limited capacity. that way if anyone wants to protect their loot in lootable they pay a premium for such security.

Status
Back