Question: Disable vehicles in lootable PvP?

Disable vehicles in lootable PvP on Calypso?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
stop bumping this thread already....
vehicles will be disabled - thats been said...
adapt and move on

Sounds like we need to call a wambulance for some people in this thread :silly2:

Poor little fellers are going to have to gear up or actually play with a smudge of intelligence.

Yeah, really, I will not survive without PVP! (emorage.jpg)

On the comment of one hit guns...you know people like Hulk already had rockets and weapons like tango's that could one hit most avatars even before tiering...even with an AL29...regardless of whether it's tiered or not, with a BoomBBC or Pro900...it's pretty painful.

T0 AL29+Boombbc can be outfapped if u put on a hermes. T10 cannot :p

stop bumping this thread already....
vehicles will be disabled - thats been said...
adapt and move on

Beat me to it....MOVE ON FOLKS !! Its done....

There is only 1 good pvp4 pvper so, i think were safe miners.

LEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROYYYYYYYYYYYY JEEEEENNNKINNNNSSSSSSS

oh wait am i to late?

OK GUYS Guess WHAT LIVE WHAT they are about to DO and PLEASE Grow up PEople will now get looted*steal there ped* and others will get Good loot /mu For there risk...

SO PLEASE TIER THIS TIER THAT IT will come down to human ERROR GRow up Get over it :)
and enjoy the RUSH

ubers bitching and Noobs bitching... Seriously ADAPT when it occurs get over it and play the game to enjoy it
FFS
REal life has enough of your stupidty... I have seen things on here i want to say so much

As in another thread i seen a avatar in game using his Duplicate and come on dude don't deny it to buy clds... wow
low...........

YA everyone Shit Smells like shit even if Shit smells like shit everywhere you go.
tired of this thread tired of the one uber crying in it constantly tired of that one uber Taking Something I said in another way tired of this all bitching.....

FOR ONCE can you enjoy life? or this game?

T0 AL29+Boombbc can be outfapped if u put on a hermes. T10 cannot :p

Depends on your HP and fap. Majority of the people complaining could not outfap it.

Kim can you clarify if a player could still enter PVP4 with a vehicle spawned outside? :scratch2:

The vehicle spawning option around the claim in forts was removed but ppl could still spawn the vehicles outside the claim and enter that area with them.

For landgrabs there are two kind of zones:
- "no spawning zone" - probably intended to stop people from spamming the fort with tons of vehicles in no time.
- "no vehicle zone" - around the claim rod.

If you approach claim rod with a vehicle you'll notice it's a dead stop, you can't drive into the guard zone with a vehicle. (It's said there is a way to get vehicles into the guard zone but you can't *drive* into it and you cant' spawn vehicles there.) Note, again, that the area outside the guard zone only is a "no spawning zone", you can get a vehicle into the fort by driving it from a location from outside (like revival).

The "no vehicle zone" is indicated by the red traffic light.

So, If pvp4 is designed as a "no vehicle zone", you won't be able to spawn vehicles in there, you won't be able to drive inside pvp4, and you won't be able to drive *into* pvp4. You might be able to get vehicles into pvp4, but not faster than walking around and though you'll be able to pick it up (to access storage) you won't be able to re-spawn it again with loots in trunk, ie you can't use vehicle to recall loots (from within pvp4) to storage. And though it technically would be possible to to use a vehicle as shield it would probably require too much of micromanagement to be an advantage (and the risk someone doing it would get a shot in the back while walking around).

Last edited:
It isnt good idea about removing it. Gonna be even less players now. I hope you will rollback it anyway. You wasted much effort and money to create these toys, which purpose was to improve pvp fights. And now just removing it? Just keep improving it! Till its balanced! I found other simple idea for pvp4. Give us back the tanks! With tank you can destroy pitbull or quad pretty easily. Why it was removed?!

It's done, vehicles will be turned off in PvP4 as soon as the next content patch is released. Thanks for your help!

haha yea .. like that will make any diffrence..

when the big issue is RT :p just go mine there ^^
(as you will still be able to fly there) no points going mining i pvp4 ^^

Last edited:
not true
Pvp4 has more pyrite then rt does
RT is like 25% pyrite to 75% lyst

I'm against the exploitation of using vehicle recall function in PVP4.

But, after this quick fix, vehicle weapons (Ozutsu, MVA30, etc) are totally worthless now. Decorative items?

But, after this quick fix, vehicle weapons (Ozutsu, MVA30, etc) are totally worthless now. Decorative items?

Landgrab? :dunno:

Vehicle weapons work on mobs in space. Why not make a new mob for planets that can only be attacked by vehicle weapons? Keep them in only certain areas so players that don't have a vehicle with weapons can avoid them.:D

I don't understand why you can't use vehicle guns on all mobs on caly.

Because they require 0 level and quite powerful compared to most hunting guns. However. I really want MA develop a hunting area where you can only use vehicle weapons, would be very interesting.

Vehicle weapons work on mobs in space. Why not make a new mob for planets that can only be attacked by vehicle weapons? Keep them in only certain areas so players that don't have a vehicle with weapons can avoid them.:D

Sounds like a good idea for a third continent.

"The great flatlands."

Housing very dangerous; high hp, high dmg, fast, land living creatures that do not lose their loot when attacked from vehicles. The surrounding water would prevent these behemoths from reaching more civilized country.

And if people don't want to play tag with the mobs, because they are too fast anyway, you could hire "repair men" to repair your vehicle as it's being eaten/demolished.

This would give a boost to several markets ingame; vehicles, tools, tailoring, texturing as well as open doors for more powerful mounted weapons etc.

Because it would completely unbalance hunting unless they changed all the stats of the weapons (high damage and low level at the moment), it would make armor and FAP prices crash as many people would prefer to save money by using vehicles to hunt (causing them to get barely any defense costs)... probably more reasons as well but those are the most obvious I could think of.

It isnt good idea about removing it. Gonna be even less players now. I hope you will rollback it anyway. You wasted much effort and money to create these toys, which purpose was to improve pvp fights. And now just removing it? Just keep improving it! Till its balanced! I found other simple idea for pvp4. Give us back the tanks! With tank you can destroy pitbull or quad pretty easily. Why it was removed?!

too soft bolls without right click and hiding in car? without cars we finaly haw real fights, go play counterstrike till patch comes :)

As most of you probably know the vehicle system has been plagued by many problems, many of which have severely affected the gameplay in the lootable pvp areas on Calypso.

In short, would you like to see vehicles disabled in these areas until the issues are solved by platform development?

its not the vehicle systems that are plagued with problems is it?
its the platform development.
nerfing features that cause bugs because you cant/wont fix bugs? :)

Entropia%202012-08-29%2016-30-53-99.jpg

Entropia%202012-08-29%2016-31-33-86.jpg

i wonder if there are more than 119 quads there by now? :p

In soviet russia,Bugs fix YOU!
:p

It would be interesting to know how that happened.

I mean, Port Atlantis is pretty far from both pvp4 as well as nearest LG claim rod. Well there is now an oil rig in the same server area, but it's not close to there as far as I know. And though space is lootable pvp, stopping vehicles there would practically require re-implementation of interplanetary teleporters.

I know some people have wanted to disable vehicles in cities, but if that is done, it would be smart to first change landing location (to, for instance, athena spaceport), inform people in advance to those who are doing taxi business have time to adapt and leave Twin Peaks. Or even make a dedicated "parking area" at Twin Peaks.

I voted No ... for one simple reason
It cut from my profit... i dont care what Pkillers want nether should MA :)
Loot is mine and i want this to stay that way!!!

it's worse than that..

I voted No ... for one simple reason
It cut from my profit... i dont care what Pkillers want nether should MA :)
Loot is mine and i want this to stay that way!!!

Well it's even worse cause now there's a new problem and it involves dealing with what to do with 3 of the mounted weapons.. and I'm refering to the Ichi, the Porcupine, and the MRL-30AV missile launcher..

By the PKer's and other players whining (and yes you're whining about this) the end result is that these weapons have no REAL use..(Yo can't shoot mobs with them nor can you PK with them, nor can you get skill with them because you can't use them at all), you've actually defeated the purpose fo looting blue prints for them, and thus have made the entire Mounted weapons absolutely, and I mean Absolutely useless to even have.. You might as well sell them off and remove the professions of Mounted Laster, Mounted BLP not to mention Mounted Grenadier..Thanks to Players whining about how their armor gets decayed they've actually hurt themselves.. why? Cause now those skills I just mentioned are toally worthless.. And unless MA comes up for Missiles to use in space in game not to mention other weapons, There's going to be a ton of people leaving.. and for good reason..

So is this MA's fault? not it's not it's the PLAYER'S fault for whining.. so then, you want to get these skills? I say reverse the flow and actually allow them back into PVP so that the players get the skills, else you might as well remove them until such a time that we have a planet partner that allows vehicles back in PVP..

But thanks to you the Players, you've done this, now then, you can tell MA to reverse it, or you can jsut lose the skills you earned on it.. Your choice to speak up.. and Hpoefully MA will listen.. but hey, whine some more and maybe next they'rre remove all your hunting, Mining and Crafting skills, and then what do you hae left? Nothing really.. You might as well quit right now and save yourself the issues..

And that's the spin here.. you made it this way, you complained and whined, now then.. Pay the consequences..

Benjamin Ben Coyote a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper."

Necro trololololololol

How the Players killed the Mounted Weapons Crafters market.

Now I'm going to reply here again and people are not going to like what I have to say..

In My previous post I was right about one thing. Players by their incessent whining and complaining actually DID shoot themselves in the foot, and for good reason..

Let's start off with the Vehicles not being allowed into PVP.. Vehciles were supposed to be actually consumed at a rate that would have offset the creation of said vehicles, and thus because of this, we now have too many vehicles and not enough players, the end result is in fact that now we're getitng "Parking lots full of vehicles Players spawn (and in fact I can cite a recent visit to Camp Icarus where I saw one of these Said "Parking lots' full off vheciles.. I mean it looked like somene was trying to be Cal Worthtington here, and just had cassually just tossed out no less than 200 vehciles right out near the camp.. thus inducing lag..

Seciond, some of these cehciles had in fact had mounted woapons on them things like the HMAP-13 Porcupine, THe Ichi, and the MRL-30AV M PRojectile launher... Because of the fact that is was the Players who whined aobut this and the fact that they wanted no vheicles in PVP, that the end result was that the crafters who wanted to create these weapons, now can't.. why? Let's look at the facts..

Fact 1.. (L) Vehicles are created, yet are not allowed to be consumed in PVP, and thus the only way they are consumed are if they are destroyed intentionally by the players (By doing such things as ramming them into trees, Flying off cliffs, or letting mobs attack them, The fourth would have been PVP but now that Players whined, this way of consuming them is removed, thus causing said glut.)

Fact 2. Because there are mounted weapons in the game, and these were on Said Vehciles, Peopl who had mounted weapons were using them up at the normal rate, however since we can't use these items now in PVP, and since they can not be decayed upon the animals or mobs we usually shoot at with our normal items, well then none of th emounted weapons get used (Only exceptions are in space wehre PVP in Vehicles are allowed, thus HMAP-52 Heavy Porcupines and Kismet Laser Markets are floursihing, the rest of the systems are not)

This has caused a downurn in mounted weapons, and thus have made the BP's for said weapons totally useless, due to the fact that snce you can't shoot these weapons at players in ground based PVP's and you can't use them on Mobs, the decay on said weapons are in fact 0...

End result.. Players who whined, helped kill their own potential future market if they decided to go into things like Weapons Crafting of said mounted vehicle weapons..

So what does this mean? Might as well sell offf all the BP's and Skills, that deal with this and just toss it al out into the "Blue Bin" here..

And I thought Players were the smart ones, or thought they knew better, instead.. MA had the right idea here, to create all this content, and in the end, it was the players who killed this not MA, so anyone who blames MA better go take a look in the mirror here, cause the blame is starting them straight in the face..

Nuff Said.

Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote (Pilot Callsign) Coyote)
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

Did u ever try to PK in lootable pvp while cars was there? No? So stop talking shit. U see only yourself with that "mounted weapons market". U dont see lootable pvp players side at all. There where seeveral reasions why cars should not be in lootable pvp. So they was disabled.

Any admins can lock this nectro thead?!

Now I'm going to reply here again and people are not going to like what I have to say..

In My previous post I was right about one thing. Players by their incessent whining and complaining actually DID shoot themselves in the foot, and for good reason..

Let's start off with the Vehicles not being allowed into PVP.. Vehciles were supposed to be actually consumed at a rate that would have offset the creation of said vehicles, and thus because of this, we now have too many vehicles and not enough players, the end result is in fact that now we're getitng "Parking lots full of vehicles Players spawn (and in fact I can cite a recent visit to Camp Icarus where I saw one of these Said "Parking lots' full off vheciles.. I mean it looked like somene was trying to be Cal Worthtington here, and just had cassually just tossed out no less than 200 vehciles right out near the camp.. thus inducing lag..

Seciond, some of these cehciles had in fact had mounted woapons on them things like the HMAP-13 Porcupine, THe Ichi, and the MRL-30AV M PRojectile launher... Because of the fact that is was the Players who whined aobut this and the fact that they wanted no vheicles in PVP, that the end result was that the crafters who wanted to create these weapons, now can't.. why? Let's look at the facts..

Fact 1.. (L) Vehicles are created, yet are not allowed to be consumed in PVP, and thus the only way they are consumed are if they are destroyed intentionally by the players (By doing such things as ramming them into trees, Flying off cliffs, or letting mobs attack them, The fourth would have been PVP but now that Players whined, this way of consuming them is removed, thus causing said glut.)

Fact 2. Because there are mounted weapons in the game, and these were on Said Vehciles, Peopl who had mounted weapons were using them up at the normal rate, however since we can't use these items now in PVP, and since they can not be decayed upon the animals or mobs we usually shoot at with our normal items, well then none of th emounted weapons get used (Only exceptions are in space wehre PVP in Vehicles are allowed, thus HMAP-52 Heavy Porcupines and Kismet Laser Markets are floursihing, the rest of the systems are not)

This has caused a downurn in mounted weapons, and thus have made the BP's for said weapons totally useless, due to the fact that snce you can't shoot these weapons at players in ground based PVP's and you can't use them on Mobs, the decay on said weapons are in fact 0...

End result.. Players who whined, helped kill their own potential future market if they decided to go into things like Weapons Crafting of said mounted vehicle weapons..

So what does this mean? Might as well sell offf all the BP's and Skills, that deal with this and just toss it al out into the "Blue Bin" here..

And I thought Players were the smart ones, or thought they knew better, instead.. MA had the right idea here, to create all this content, and in the end, it was the players who killed this not MA, so anyone who blames MA better go take a look in the mirror here, cause the blame is starting them straight in the face..

Nuff Said.

Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote (Pilot Callsign) Coyote)
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

you actually have no idea what you are talking about.

there is only ONE pvp zone where vehicles are not allowed. So do some research, if you want your vehicles destroyed in pvp so badly add me to FL on player register and let me know when your in space or pvp3 with 10k ped of loot on you. Ill show you that you, oh yea when your in a VTOL ;)

Pvp zone 1: vehicles allowed? yes
Pvp zone 2: vehicles allowed? yes
Pvp zone 3: vehicles allowed? yes
Pvp space: vehicles allowed? yes
Landgrab: vehicles allowed? yes, but not on claim marker
All pvp area's between LA's: vehicles allowed? yes

Pvp zone 4: vehciles allowed? NO

But im guessing you have never been in pvp since you keep going on about it? :D

Last edited:
No need to disable vehicles - Solution is simple, if mindark can get over their "make the game like a slot machine" mentality - and think in terms of it being an MMORPG. "FUN" remember that?

VS MOBS:
Allow non-space mobs to be attacked with vehicle guns, but remove the ability to loot them if you do. (or have some worthless loot like meat chunks or such) At the same time reduce the burn when attacking mobs. Besides.. you have to get OUT the vehicle to loot them.. and its a PvP zone...

Justification:
1: Fun - admit it how many of you wanted to do strafe runs on mobs you hate.. payback is sweet.
2: Less burn means people will be willing to burn ammo just for the fun value - and they can skill up - mindark makes money from them buying ammo. This gained skill can also be used in PvP Win Win
3: If this was a real world, and you annihilated an atrox with a missile launcher, chances are there would not be much left of the loot anyway, other than a smudge of ash - hell the devs could even have some fun using the previously disabled "gibs" features of the cry engine to add ways to splatter different mobs.

VS PLAYERS:
When in ground based PVP (as in OP) vehicles take both structural and TT decay (although not all the TT value otherwise major whining will ensue)- but equally the weapons on those vehicles can shoot back. The vehicles offer a degree of protection before they are destroyed/disabled (to the Armour ratings of vehicle) on top of the players armour, as such vehicles would work like "special armour" I assume this was originally intended by the ar stats on the vehicles, but has never really been implemented fully anyway.

Got a PvP player trolling you with a vehicle? Or a Mob Train? Jump in a quad and gun him and the train down? Just remember you may take some damage in return if he shoots back.

In this situation, the mobs would still have the restriction on looting, but the PVP looting would work as it does now. Significantly increasing the fun value. Also significantly discourages trolling.

Now to offset wholesale "PvP strafing of noobs", who cant shoot back, put in place a major targeting handicap vs players NOT in a vehicle. "Evaded" "Dodged" etc The only way to have half a chance to gun down those noobs, is if you have already spent many many hours gunning mobs/vehicles down with your vehicle already and have high mounted weapon skill.. which would in turn be offset by players with high acrobatics/Evasion ranks.

That way you could have a PvP warzone, with air battles raging, which have little effect on any ground battles other than AOE damage thinning out the mobs.

Justification:
This would put new life in the trading/crafting of vehicles, as uber PvP players would burn them like ammo - and adds safeguards to prevent any perceived "abuses" by doing so.
Heavily TT damaged vehicles would enter the market place at heavy discounts allowing non-uber players to at least give them a go. - Not to mention makes vehicle repairs a viable profession too.

It is all win win..
I don't understand all this nerfinf and hating of vehicles.. they should be epic.

would be cool disable vehicles inventory, & u can run & fight with yr tank or smth.

Status
Back