Question: Disable vehicles in lootable PvP?

Disable vehicles in lootable PvP on Calypso?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
About time (only took like 2 years?). YES!

If u wanna keep em remove feature of storing loot in vehicles in pvp, dmg when falling in pvp will reduce hp to 1 point - no suicide possible - that silly quest that u can die instantly-remove that too.

OR REMOVE JUST FLYING VEHICLES FROM PVP!!! and make storing impossible in pits and other vehicles that will be left in pvp

If you remove flying vehicles, pitbuls will become the kings of pvp4 and you haven't really solved the problem.

How do you plan to destroy solo a pitbul with 1.8k SI? It's not like there is any land vehicle where you can shoot from the driver seat. With a ranged gun, let's say a ML45, amped with RapSTAR, you will take down less then half the SI of a pitbul before it goes out of range.

I still think the easiest fix is just to remove the vehicles from lootable pvp zones.

I brought this to the attention of the platform dev team after your previous post and hopefully we'll have a fix for it soon. My suggestion to them was to have the target removed if you don't damage the player for about a minutes time.

This sounds okay, would prefer if it was just if the player went out of radar range. It would have to only be on players though. The whole point of the team target staying on their target when it is out of radar range was for hunting mobs.:girl:

How about going all the way and having TP chips and radar disabled as well? Plus maybe some added incentives to being in the area.

Good idea. Also turn off the sun, please. Uh, noiceless mining probes too. And "T"-revival too. And mob-suicide.

But I like it, actually. I wish then Vigi hit tower of pyrite, big one.

And he can walk away with 4k+ TT to Akmuul.

I brought this to the attention of the platform dev team after your previous post and hopefully we'll have a fix for it soon. My suggestion to them was to have the target removed if you don't damage the player for about a minutes time.

Keep only small grown cars like hoverpod mk1
Valkirye mk1 every grown car with small hp
Be ok n disable recall .. if its a loot in the car, can't recall in to
Is empty ... or car is blow up

Keep tp chip
If car is empty should be available to recall this is best way

Last edited:
Good idea. Also turn off the sun, please. Uh, noiceless mining probes too. And "T"-revival too. And mob-suicide.

But I like it, actually. I wish then Vigi hit tower of pyrite, big one.

And he can walk away with 4k+ TT to Akmuul.

I hit 19k narc tower back when there was no vehicles in pvp - even posted a screenie so pkers knew where it was...guess what i managed to get all safe with no1s help.

If people want pvp3 and pvp4 to be easy to play at with the use vehicles and so on,
isn't it easier to remove the pvp lootable feature instead? ;)
I've always seen lootable pvp as higher end of gaming, and as some so often say,
play at your level, you need to be at a level that can handle pvp pretty good.
But on the other hand, should all of us that isn't at a higher level have to stay
out until we got to a higher level?
No, imo we shouldn't. It's the chance and risk to be looted that will increase if do
try lootable pvp out, but we do have the chance to play there.
Using tactics and gameplay in a way as thay are intended could decrease the
chance and risk of being looted.

Imo the toxic shot should be lowered to 0.10ped instead of 5.10 if we don't get
anything from it when someone is looted.
But if the toxic shot still gonna have the value of 5.10, something should be done
so both a miner and a pk'er could be rewarded of a used shot.
Maybe give loot to the pk'er and create missions for miners so if they manage
to achieve something they get mission tokens? Well, guess missions could be
created for pk'ers too. :)

Just my thoughts so if you don't like them, don't worry, nothing you have to
care about then... :D ;)

I hit 19k narc tower back when there was no vehicles in pvp - even posted a screenie so pkers knew where it was...guess what i managed to get all safe with no1s help.

Come.
Scout area around tower.
One-pull drill.
Press T.
???
Profit!

How about going all the way and having TP chips and radar disabled as well? Plus maybe some added incentives to being in the area.

this would solve the problem with the radar range being to high to reach a player by foot and make people feel safe enough to enter the zone, I like it! maybe it's time to get hermes again after all :D

but please remodel pvp4 so people can acctually go there by foot and add better spawns.. with that tiny muluk hir spawn not only would you have to climb the whole damn mountain you'd also only have one way to go which is down.. the way every one else would come from

but over all exciting!

Come.
Scout area around tower.
One-pull drill.
Press T.
???
Profit!

come, dont scout area
press T
wait 59 sec
press operate
go safely to revive with batch

come, dont scout area
press T
wait 59 sec
press operate
go safely to revive with batch

Anyway - no walking, eh? (smile.jpg)

not enough income on Calypso from pvp eh? Space attracted too many pvp players away from the planet?

A few suggestions on other stuff you can do to attract more to Calypso other than just re-doing the rules of lootable pvp:

- better rings, etc. Lots of folks are going to Cyrene for the Hub. Why not put something similar on Calypso. Rings are already here, but why not make them better at what they do and put options to do events in them and/or make some of them lootable, etc. Rings would be a neat place for melee only pvp, and options on the event terminal there to do stuff like only allow knives, only allow swords, etc.

- Give vehicles more of a purpose than they have now if you do remove them from pvp. The weapons on them currently can only target players, not mobs. If you remove them from pvp where they were created for, fix that and let folks use em on mobs, etc. Similarly, let mobs attack the vehicles too...

- if you remove tp chips from pvp zones, give them some other use before the sweaters start complaining too loudly. Maybe allow them to work in ships in space or in vehicles on the planets outside of the pvp zones, etc, so you won't have to land the vtol, etc.

- Melee amps... (a little off topic, but not necessarily)

might add more here later.

Voted other, I'd lead toward no, because there are better solutions. I think it's better to design a new system to counter an old, overused system, than to simply ban the old system.

How about a well-balanced "Vortex" Mindforce effect chip which, when successful, instantly returns a targeted, unoccupied vehicle within range to its owners Inventory? If it hits an avatar instead of a vehicle, maybe it could just knock the target back a few meters or something. This gives a potential counter-strategy to the spawn vehicle with stackables inside -> recall vehicle to storage strategy. This is just one possibility of many.

That would make it interesting.

Btw, what the heck happened to Hermes harness and shins?

You really have to add some good incentive if your going to disable tp chips. There would be little reason to get into a foot race with an uber as a miner. As a miner no reason for me to own ML-35 ME or desert cameo arms, with a nice set of hermes with L plates. Not even when BM was 1200%+ Even with a tp chip you probably not gonna out run an uber with a ME weapon. Disable the chip and add an incentive and you will see the same AV's profit from incentive and less and less up and comers, being that incentive.

Dont take my word, make AV with stats of 50 instead of 500 and see how much "Fun" not using a tp chip and using gear your lvl is gonna turn out for ya. If you want pvp 4 to only be for ubers, than yes, disable the chip but that should be enough incentive as they are almost insured an engagement 100% of confrontations. You took the ammo away and really think these guys need incentive, my friend has a saying which ill paraphrase, "Dont treat bad girls, good!"

- if you remove tp chips from pvp zones, give them some other use before the sweaters start complaining too loudly. Maybe allow them to work in ships in space or in vehicles on the planets outside of the pvp zones, etc, so you won't have to land the vtol, etc.
Mothership crew could use their TP chip to TP into the back seat of a pirate's quad, smack him in the head and strangle him with his own tongue.

Love it. :laugh:

Being serious for a moment, I think removing vehicles in pvp is a good way to go. It'll enable pvp to work in the way it was orginally intended.

If you are going to disable vehicles in pvp4, you need to up the loot or something, otherwise whats the point of going in there.

If you are going to disable vehicles in pvp4, you need to up the loot or something, otherwise whats the point of going in there.

Won't pvp as it was pre-vehicles make it more difficult to obtain certain resources, resulting in their mark-up increasing due to their rareness?

Although I understand this won't apply to Adomasite due to it now being abundant on other planets.

If you take out vehicles, please take out the radar and TP'ing as well.... i might actually enjoy that. :lolup:

I remember that the radar was disabled at one point , and now it is active again for some reason.

If you disable the tp chips as well , then everyone must pass through a border with people waiting to shoot you as you enter.

I say eliminate the cost of the toxic shot to 2 pec as you did with the implant insertion tool , this would encourage more to try their luck and give the pk'ers plenty of moving targets.

If I remember correctly , the shot was to give an adequate warning to new players before entering.

If you disable vehicles , will that mean that I cannot ride my Hogglo into pvp4 in the new taming update?

Bones

Don't waste your time or theirs, Talania is talking nonsense. The team target disappears when the target goes off radar.

Unless the aim is to stop anyone ever hunting and mining in PvP4, this is a bad plan.

Disabling vehicles would definitely be an improvement though.

That would make it interesting.

Btw, what the heck happened to Hermes harness and shins?

Kim wants us running around in lootable PVP without armour tp chips or vehicles, maybe forbid all weapons except clubs and forget about this being a "sci-fi" planet, we could call it the stone age or something :p

TP-chips have worked in all (outdoor) areas as long as they've been around.

Main issue with TP-chips is the safety bubble which is, to a degree, lessen the impact on lag and to a degree compensate for the somehwat longer time you have to wait before recharging TP-chips when doing "TP-chains" in mob dense areas.

As I don't have any major opinion of pvp areas (besides I don't want nerfs *outside* the pvp areas), maybe a solution could be that the safety bubble is disabled when landing inside lootable pvp. (After all at least pvp3 is small enough so TP-chains are rarely needed to get leave a mob dense area - in worst case you could aim for water).

As for radar, I think no radar is too creepy for lootable pvp lol. Radar is off in pvp3, on in pvp4.

I think no radar would serve pk:ers more than miners, because miners would have to manage their tools, while pk:ers can scout around in the scopes, and that it's graphic settings that decide on what distance you see someone. With "low" setting you might miss someone standing 50m from you, while on "high" setting you might be able to see someone 100m away (and further away if you're on a relatively safe location and scouting around with a scope attached to long-ranged weapon). In space there are the triangles, but the triangles are only applicable when vehicles is all you need to watch out for, not people on foot.

Kim wants us running around in lootable PVP without armour tp chips or vehicles, maybe forbid all weapons except clubs and forget about this being a "sci-fi" planet, we could call it the stone age or something :p

Last edited:
Won't pvp as it was pre-vehicles make it more difficult to obtain certain resources, resulting in their mark-up increasing due to their rareness?

Although I understand this won't apply to Adomasite due to it now being abundant on other planets.

Yes but because the materials are less distributed, same amount of materials just sitting in 90% less ppl storage. I have referred to this island as the island of the market manipulators. You put mining loot in ape man, its ok, you put ape man loot in snable or mining loots and shit will hit the fan. Things wont hit the old MU that would mean lots and lots of profit and when ppl profit, they don't depo.

pvp4

If MA are smart they make pvp4 /pvp3 just like vu9 only tp chips works then alot more aktive and non aktive players would start play alot more again

Don't waste your time or theirs, Talania is talking nonsense. The team target disappears when the target goes off radar.

It returns the second you enter radar range again though... which is also a problem.

And it works in non-radar zones too, which kinda defeats the non-radar thing.

It returns the second you enter radar range again though... which is also a problem.

No, it doesn't. I checked this myself today before I posted just to make sure I wasn't the one talking nonsense. You can only keep the target if at least one team member has it on radar. As soon as the target is no longer on the radar of a team member, it is gone for good.

Status
Back