EBN: Under the Radar

Mindstar....we don't ALL come to video, I'm pleased that you get your buzz that way but we all can't or want to spend time ingame doing that, don't forget that you are one of many who pay to play here though will you.

I can definitely appreciate that trimmers ... believe me, and ... the very reason I changed my game play, which is what I've said several times in many posts. This game has become far too costly for me as a mid-level player, and while I can certainly enjoy a n00b hunt now and then, it's not what I would prefer doing, nor making videos or writing stories all the time, even though I enjoy doing so.

I came in as a hunter by profession ... and what I love doing the most, but unless I deposit a crapload of money, I can't enjoy this game the way I used to any more. Meaning ... hardcore hunting with the feeling that I achieved something in skill gain without losing my ovaries. It's a shame, but in all honesty, this game has changed for me BIG time.

I'm trying to stay positive ... and immersing myself in other activities that I enjoy so that I don't get totally depressed about it. I hunt once in a blue moon in EU to get my adrenaline rush, but that's it ... I have other outlets to feed my needs in that respect, but I haven't been secret about that either.

Also ... with regard to the activities the last two days ... I had a blast, BUT ... that was from a different perspective Hon. However, I do agree with you that it was INSANE, and you can tell that by my video and pictures that I posted. No one survived coming through the Hades "C" TP for very long, except for Mrs Emma Peel, and Shitkicker Sloan and myself who were glitched, but then I think he was definitely AFK the whole time he was there, because he didn't chat.

AND ... I too saw MindArk's Official say "is that spawn enough for you" ... or something of that nature, but I'm sure many others saw it as well. I'm also sure that many who were caught in the revive loop weren't appreciating it either. It's one thing to be able to tag a mob and take it down in hopes of something good, BUT ... when you have the massive spawn there was at Hades "C" ... it just makes it extremely challenging as a hunter ... however, for someone there just to witness the insanity, it was total fun.

I don't know where MA's head is at sometimes ... but I have to agree that it didn't need to be as intense as it was. If this is suppose to be an invasion where the colonists defend the cities, then make it realistic.

Ok, I'm done ... thanks for your input trimmers, it's appreciated, and ... I hope you have better understanding as to where my head was at when I did the video and photos, and what my motivation was ... to show the community just how insane it was since I was able to capture the footage, and ... that it WAS fun for me since I was not engaged in what I really love doing the most in this game ... hunting. It was way more civilized at Zychion, and I think other cities, and how it should have been. Not sure why Hades "C" got slammed so hard.

There were some bots at a TP, you could have gone and done anything else at any other place if you'd wanted.

But instead you chose to make an utterly pointless whine about... what?

I have to disagree Hon ... I don't think it's a pointless whine. He made some valid points, to which I responded to with my own perspective. And ... just to give another view of this ... yes, we ALL could have gone elsewhere, which is what most people did I believe, but then why? And what real purpose was the insanity at Hades "C" suppose to serve anyway when even the ubers couldn't handle it. While I was there, many of them showed up, but didn't survive, including ND in Supremacy, and others in major armor and weapons ... that's the kind of mess it was. I have NO clue how Mrs Emma Peel survived as long as she did (which is in the video), but it was impressive nonetheless.

So ... if people couldn't survive at Hades "C" yesterday ANYway, then why have that level of insanity to begin with ... that's what I don't understand either. Why make a location that inundated that the players couldn't enjoy it? :dunno:

I have to disagree Hon ... I don't think it's a pointless whine. He made some valid points, to which I responded to with my own perspective. And ... just to give another view of this ... yes, we ALL could have gone elsewhere, which is what most people did I believe, but then why? And what real purpose was the insanity at Hades "C" suppose to serve anyway when even the ubers couldn't handle it. While I was there, many of them showed up, but didn't survive, including ND in Supremacy, and others in major armor and weapons ... that's the kind of mess it was. I have NO clue how Mrs Emma Peel survived as long as she did (which is in the video), but it was impressive nonetheless.

So ... if people couldn't survive at Hades "C" yesterday ANYway, then why have that level of insanity to begin with ... that's what I don't understand either. Why make a location that inundated that the players couldn't enjoy it? :dunno:

There were plenty of people enjoying it as far as I could tell. I'm not sure that Neverdie's survival rate is really relevant. The reason why Emma Peel can survive where he can't is that she is a hunter, and he is not :)

There were plenty of people enjoying it as far as I could tell. I'm not sure that Neverdie's survival rate is really relevant. The reason why Emma Peel can survive where he can't is that she is a hunter, and he is not :)

Ok, fair enough Hon ... I was just making the point, that it didn't make sense to be so extreme at Hades "C" the way it was, because it was quite overkill IMO (no pun intended), and no one could really get through the TP and survive. I was actually doing a "Death Who's Who" in chat with the many people who tried to get through the TP but arrived dead. This went on for hours, and aside from the MA Official who was able to herd the mobs elsewhere, nothing could be accomplished except for on the far outskirts, and that's why it just didn't make sense to me.

Lol seems the muster went wrong and someone pressed the spawn button for Might and Enilhation.
No arguments with anyone as I was not there ,however the challenge seemed exemplary on MA's part:eek:
Enjoyed the mindful banter MS9 and all involved:)

Ok, fair enough Hon ... I was just making the point, that it didn't make sense to be so extreme at Hades "C" the way it was, because it was quite overkill IMO (no pun intended), and no one could really get through the TP and survive. I was actually doing a "Death Who's Who" in chat with the many people who tried to get through the TP but arrived dead. This went on for hours, and aside from the MA Official who was able to herd the mobs elsewhere, nothing could be accomplished except for on the far outskirts, and that's why it just didn't make sense to me.

I know what you mean, for a little while last night when I was at Hades, it was a bit silly, and it was hard to get out of there (I guess I could have escaped by using a TP chip but I didn't try as I didn't want to leave :))

Earlier on it had been OK, but later on most of the people killing the bots had left, and that's when things started going wrong.

But, as I said, I'm sure it wouldn't have been difficult to get out for anyone with a TP chip. When I was there it seemed like most people were having enough fun and getting a few free skills, so they didn't mind hanging around :)

I know what you mean, for a little while last night when I was at Hades, it was a bit silly, and it was hard to get out of there (I guess I could have escaped by using a TP chip but I didn't try as I didn't want to leave :))

Earlier on it had been OK, but later on most of the people killing the bots had left, and that's when things started going wrong.

But, as I said, I'm sure it wouldn't have been difficult to get out for anyone with a TP chip. When I was there it seemed like most people were having enough fun and getting a few free skills, so they didn't mind hanging around :)

Even with a tp chip i couldnt leave for over an hour until a MA rep came in and blasted the hundreds of bots that were hovering near the revival terminal.
Waste of time and energy and completly pissed me off.

Well ... it was only easy to get out with a TP chip if you weren't chained to the revive terminal, and you weren't in the line of fire of a gazillion mobs. I'm not here to dispute your experiences Hon, only share mine as well, and until I was able to get away from the revival terminal, I wasn't going ANYwhere, nor were any other people stuck there at that time. My video clearly shows the chaos at the revive, where people were in a loop of death and revival, and the only way I got the video footage, was because I was in the thick of it. Like Pig said ... until an MA Official came along and cleared the area, which I saw once, no one was going anywhere.

However ... I can say that it wasn't that way all the time until the increase in spawn was escalated. As I stood glitched at the TP at Hades C, I saw red dot after red dot popping up in milliseconds all over the place, and it wasn't stopping ... I just couldn't believe the massiveness of it. You can see in the video how the mobs reacted each time someone came through the TP at Hades C, or anywhere near that area (even from the water, or any of the bridges) ... it was insane. At any rate ...

In these type of events ... people are going to make their choices ... and if it doesn't work, then they'll move on. I'm just agreeing with some that it didn't need to be as insane as it was at Hades C. If you haven't seen my close-up pics, or my video of the insanity, then perhaps check it out. It's just my opinion, but then I was fortunate enough to have a bird's eye view right smack dab in the middle of it all without getting taken out, and therefore able to provide a visual report.

Answer me this ... what would you say the purpose of the massive mob spawn at Hades C was? I had spent time at both Atlas Haven and Hades C the day before, and while there was chaos, it was manageable and a lot of people had fun and could stay right there in the thick of things ... did a video on that too, and even I was able to hang about long enough to really enjoy it. Yesterday? ... while Zychion was under seige, it too was manageable, and many were out having a great time ... I was there filming as well, but ... no way was that remotely possible at Hades C, not even for the uber of uberest, because the enormity of the spawn prevented it ... and I just don't understand why it was necessary, when the day before it was great.

Don't get me wrong ... I had fun, but I was there for a different reason than most. I was excited, because I had a glitched opportunity to be in the middle of it, and watched all of the activity in amazement. It was entertaining, but that's as far as it goes. How does something like that play into the overall scheme of things, other than perhaps a server stress test? :dunno:

Last edited:
I don't know where MA's head is at sometimes ... ... If this is suppose to be an invasion where the colonists defend the cities, then make it realistic.

Haven't seen any realistic event in PE till now and I doubt that this will happen. All the stories we had were of the same form. EBN msg, hunt and shoot, new msg with maybe some more details, hunt and shoot, new msg, hunt and shoot and eventually some item dropped.

Egg event was of this kind, other robo attacks and so on. The only thing that was more or less realistic was when we had more finds after the asteroid crashed on C.

Haven't seen any realistic event in PE till now and I doubt that this will happen. All the stories we had were of the same form. EBN msg, hunt and shoot, new msg with maybe some more details, hunt and shoot, new msg, hunt and shoot and eventually some item dropped.

Egg event was of this kind, other robo attacks and so on. The only thing that was more or less realistic was when we had more finds after the asteroid crashed on C.

Well ... maybe MA just figured they'd have a bit of fun with us for now, and when Marco gets busy on the storyline after CE2 is implemented it might be different and more in line with "realistic" and our history. We all approach these kinds of things differently, and while I can see how certain aspects of it can become quite frustrating for some due to the disruption of their enjoyment of the game (revive terminal, etc.), I think overall perhaps, we can appreciate the pure craziness of it.

Personally ... I think it's an adrenaline rush to be running my purple ass off away from a gazillion mobs who ultimately catch up to me and say "tag, you're it" :laugh: ... and like a masochist I go back for more. :hammer:

Look ... I've resigned myself to the fact that I can't play this game like I have in the past, so I'm making the best of it I can, because I still love this universe for a multitude of reasons. I have my hunts now and then, as well as other activities, but when opportunity knocks, I'm opening up the door ... and if it doesn't knock ... then I'm building the door. :D

Wonder what they have up their sleeve next! :wtg: David? :D

I loved this event, myself and a soc mate Obs were at Hades trying to hold a Revive station from waves of bot attackers along with half a dozen other colonists.

The thing I was impressed at most was how, when the revive was getting swamped, players started to help each other out more... fapping strangers, adding firepower to help drop bots others had under half health already with no expectation of looting (and certainly not kill stealing).

Nice to see such selfless gaming.

p.s. loot was good too, which always helps

I loved this event, myself and a soc mate Obs were at Hades trying to hold a Revive station from waves of bot attackers along with half a dozen other colonists.

The thing I was impressed at most was how, when the revive was getting swamped, players started to help each other out more... fapping strangers, adding firepower to help drop bots others had under half health already with no expectation of looting (and certainly not kill stealing).

Nice to see such selfless gaming.

p.s. loot was good too, which always helps

Exactly thoose kinds of things is what is needed in EU. Things like this really helps the imersion when playing an MMOG.

I dont say this too often but here goes, Good job MA!

Dragons Shadow sent a fireteam to help try and hold the wall at Hadesheim last night. Unfortunately, the robots were appaering more rapidly than we could dispatch them.

The Imperial govermnent is lying to us! They told us the robot menace had been eliminated! And now this? Once again the robots have hacked our teleporter system and attack our most sacred places; Zychion Citadel and Hadesheim!

Someone wearing a fancy hat is gonna have some 'splainin' to do... if we all live through this!

Good robot = forcibly dissassembled robot!

AG

Back