Entropia Bear Market 🐻

Is the Bear Market here 🐻 🍺

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sky is falling…..again..

"What happens in game
Sky is falling…..again..

"Greed Kills" -- Benjamin Ben Coyote

"What happens in Real life happens in a game and what happens in a game, happens in Real life."
Art imitates life Imitates Life."
- Benjamin Ben Coyote

"Sales Matter, the PED Does Not" -- Benjamin Ben Coyote

So, the sky is falling, the question I ask is, do people have a parachute, or a way out of this situation? Well for most the answer is to sell, but if you look back at the history of economics, Back in the Great Depression of the 1920's and 1930's the biggest winners were the buyers, not the sellers. But in 2022, the problem we have is many fold, and what we have here is a number of factors that be the "perfect Storm" of what will happen when you don't see a recession, but a highly like chance of a depression. So can we get out of this?

The answer depends on what kind of philosophy you take

The thing is that what I have quoted above is true. Greed does kill and it kills in many ways. One of them in game is to not allow players to play at all. I mean have you ever stopped and wondered why there is so much socializing a lot lately? Well it's because of greed. The logic is this: if players can not afford a gun or mining gear or even a tool to cut down trees or repair vehicles, then the game is getting too costly for most players. and thus there's nothing better to do than just sweat or just sit around and talk..

So if it happens in a game, it must be happening in real life, and I have a website on Youtube to go watch.. Look up "Epic Economists" and watch their videos and they give you the start Realism that is happening today. Some economists in the real world are suggesting that things were overpriced, and I tend to agree with them, especially when you see stock prices that are so high that it's pure insanity..
and because things are overpriced, things from time to time need to be corrected.. And the last time this happened was in 2008. Before that , it was 1998 (The Dot Com Bubble), and before that the 1989 crash and burn (what some folks call "The Melt down."

But of markets having too much inventory at too high of a price, the only way you can lower it is to reduce the price,but the issue is that some companies today (No not some, but rather MOST companies work on Razor edge markets. And why is this? Because they end up having too high of a price and too much inventory, and thus when the next year comes around, they are ususally paying for their "Inventory taxes" on any goods unsold.. In game here we have auction feels and if things are left unsold, well you lose ped from your card for not being able to sell it.. which then brings me to that third quote, "The Sales matter, the PED doesn't "one. If you can't make even one sale and you ar elosing money from your ped card, most people's intentions ten to go into "Loss aversion Mode, which means they set it up at a higher price (not a lower one in which they can sell the item and get the ped. so that they can continue to play.

So in the end what have we learned? A lot really. Sales do matter, and the ped really doesn't the object here it to keep your inventory as low as possible in order to continue playing,. But because of Greed people tend not to make sales. thus they defeat their own success. In short, be reasonable to other players, negotiate, and if the other player doesn't want an item, then really, why are they in the game in the first place? To waste time that's what they do..

But I'm not trying to be mean to people, Just using my common sense here.. Because players do near gear, and tools and weapons in order to progress. and all players are doing are in fact just hurting not only themselves but others.. and in the end, the economy be it in a game or real life grinds to a halt..

Which then brings me to my final point. "Greed is Good?" Really? it's not good, it kills prosperity, and i fact there was a certain someone who recently tried to make a certain country great again, and he failed.. big time, and now, we're in a situation where the sky really is falling and people need to talk things out and negotiate with one another. But people are a stubborn lot. They tend to want stuff..

And it shows in game when you see stuff like Rings going for what they are not worth.. Less than so. But again you mark things too high and you won't get a sale. It's a vicious circle. but it's a circle we can break if we work together in order to get people the things they need.

Sadly it's this vicious circle that will happen in the real world, but most people don't listen and they usually end up bankrupt.. Or unable to live or in a game, unable to play.. You want a little better life? Be reasonable, or don't.. the choice is yours and yours alone to make..

And one final thing.. Don't complain about "Bad Loot" sometimes changing up your game play ends up getting you the best returns. And that is in fact a social network that can help. Too many people in this game are a bit toxic, a bit antisocial in some cases and in the end, it's time for that part of the vicious circle to stop. if we are reasonable, and we work together we can solve problems. After all this isn't about you or me or II, It's about US. all of us.. because no man is an island and if you don't socialize you don't make sales, and what happens? Into the TT the items go, only to be returned to the loot pool. That's the real sad part. Watching people lose things that are worth value that could be used, but instead they end up in what i call "The Blue bin of death." and that's where the first statement rings true.. Greed isn't good it can kill gameplay or lives..and if lively hood in game matters, then why shouldn't life..

I'll leave the rest up to all of us to decide.

Staff Sgt Benjamin Ben Coyote, IFN Marines,
A. K. A. "The Blind Sniper" (And His pets)

I don't wonder that the crisis happening now in the real world will also affect the game markets. I am selling currency and platforms like g2g, and I already feel that the number of players interested in buying items or currency in games has started falling. I have some good brokers who trust my real money, and I have already applied for an affiliate broker program to ensure that my money will work even during a crisis. I don't think that you can find similar services in-game, but if I notice signs of an incoming crisis in-game, I will buy some houses.

Last edited:
PED is a defaltionary currency by its nature
1. it is doomed to shrink in amount . Supply is not regualted by a central bank so total amount of PED is limited (and MA can even know how many PED are in the gmae (TT Value) at any instant
2. it is MINT by MA that deflate it with 3% cut when putting money inside without using boxes purchase

So.. any claim with normal ecoomy (that is inflationary by its nature) is technically wrong.

So why prices rise?
a. because there is a "perception" of value concentrated on a TOP 1% of items and those are skyrocketing
b. because someone finally understood that some items have some intrinseic potential (chips rose from TT Food to 107% because of more people understood their reduced impact in kill cost and that rose some demand)
c. rarity, some desired items cost because are handy (i wonder of looter pets and looter rings), are handy and scarce. counter example: ASCLARIAS has a bad 5 meter autoloot radius and is not desired because some mob have bigger collision range)

The deceptive assumpotions in EFF, Looter effects, some people claiming BS about breaking the loot mechanism with some weapons and obtaining over decay returns (it is a BS, loot 2.0 was made to avoid it).

and moreover item pullers make a day selling mayhem token items, this is the last profitable period of the year, selling boxes, selling tokens via item extration or pill trading as an example), hoping to get some dropped weapons or armor parts.

Gmae should be deflationary, and it is in common supplied items (look WOOL price during mayhem where insane quantities are dropped, in the rest of the year it will probably be paid 103% easy

so, no, sky is not falling, at least not in the head of wise players

the pole shows how many dishonest bias individuals there are still trying to claim the market did not go down, kind of fun to see
the market is LOWER but it is not CRASHING or DISRUPTING or in SELLOFF mode.

pretty easy we got 20% less players than in COVOD Lockdown times, we got 20% more items (pulled off vendor)
we will see even more DIFERENCES from "perceived top" items and "mid-low range" ones.
it is like Real Estate market in a falling population.
best properties keep prioce, lower quality ones diminish.

we are still far from the 80k of a LP70 old tiems, or 45k of a strong/genesis Claw.
we are still 50%.-..70% over those prices so.. that is why i say sky is not falling.. it is slowly coming near earth

This is ENTROPIA!!🤣🤣
aefe0c2eba793f41b1460e6af8a31c12.jpg

Back