Entropia / CryEngine2 teaser screenshot

It was not me that announced that it would be rdy this summer we know about crytopia for over 1 year ... others make a new game in that time ...

And if u think that it would be a smooth running universe when it will be launched u are in for a big surprise.

It is not like the community is giving them deadlines it is more like them saying something that never happens in time.

I know that MA announced the "release date" and honestly I think it was a mistake from MA to do this. They simply should have said that CE2 will be implemented without "release date".

I HOPE that MA has learned from releasing VU's to soon and maybe that's the reason they take more time on this massive update/change.

Don't get me wrong, I want the CE2 as soon as possible too, but I'm not so impatient ;)

nice one, looks sweet :eek:

Hmm
Doesnt look very spectacular to me...

But maybe i am spoiled by uber nice graphics and environments in test drive unlimited and oblivion.

(i like grass) :) ;)

From what it shows those threes are 100% unbreakable ... sry guys

Software engineering and game design is more of an art than a science.

They gave a date in best faith that they'd be able to meet it. No one gives a date before it's ready to try to "lead people on". But in the midst of development you can run into entirely new challenges that you hadn't expected, and in some cases, could never have predicted.

So you have to adapt, perhaps restructure, rethink, even send certain parts of the application code to be completely rewritten from the ground up in order to fit in with the new engine.

Microsoft has some of the best software engineers on the planet, thousands of employees and the resources to hire as many people as necessary and they still put out products 2-3 years late.

Just be patient and let them craft the new world... :cool:

From what it shows those threes are 100% unbreakable ... sry guys

and even more is hidden in that picture if you look closer at the left lower corner it's very clear that enough foots will still not arrive nor will the actual good stuff drop as promised so far (or do we have data confirming otherwise?)

so, no good news in it...

J.

I like the nighttime :) with the green glow in the back, and the decayed looking plants, it looks like a haunted place out of a horror film. The atmosphere looks to contrast nicely from daytime to nighttime.

Also, what are those blue icicle-shaped lights on the right?

'cmon MA - you can do it!!!

// Serious mode on //

Ok people, I don't know how many (if any) of you are working in software building... I do and I know making big changes in a huge system is a s****load of work and it takes time 'cause you never have what you expected, so you progress slowly. Especially while working with new tools (CE2 here)....

SO....

GL MA and Marco, wish GL from me to the "universe building" (or whatever) team:wtg: and have fun ;)

Lez.

Sorry for off-topic but had to say something to the ppl that were complaining about delays, "crapy" look etc

//Serious mode off//
:bowdown:MA

Waiting for any update :computer:

direct lights and ambient lights are hard to do in a realistic way, even harder with day/night cycles and real time shadows. put some fog, rain, wind into this and it will look absolutly awesome. I don't need tons of gras or trees when I have the right ambient :) oh, and the new physics for avatars, mobs, trees (wind) needs good programming too ...

pretty sure they don't take the new engine, put it in and do a bit click click click, they need to adapt the 3d-models with bones for realistic movement and stuff like this. probably they need to recode a lot of lines from the main code. the engine is THE CORE to this game, databases are not much work to adapt in comparison ;)

I looks the same as now but with diffrent lighting.
I´am dissapointed...

How exactly will work a CRY based system with outdated imported models and textures? I know, graphic artists are expensive, is alot of work to update a whole universe, but imo CRY implementation should start on textures and the likes, not on lights.

Not impressed.

yea, resources may be a challenge here. EU is huge, with a lot of diverse models. Perhaps a quick convert will get us into the system, and then over time, they will tweak the models and textures further.

yea, resources may be a challenge here. EU is huge, with a lot of diverse models. Perhaps a quick convert will get us into the system, and then over time, they will tweak the models and textures further.

I thought it was a bit strange that they changed all of the models just around the time of the announcement for CE2. Perhaps we're closer than we thought?

Ok while i was looking around i happened to find this nice pic what do you guys think of it

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Ok while i was looking around i happened to find this nice pic what do you guys think of it

Fake or real that looks really good!

this is better :) where do u found that.??

Where did you get hold of that? and is that thing in the bottom of the right corner?

Where did you get hold of that? and is that thing in the bottom of the right corner?

you mean the entropia universe logo or the thing that looks like a gun

This looks very nice - the items have a stronger sense of presence, and even looks a bit shadowy on the ground beneath them. :)

New screens on the mindark ftp.

So.... that was '24 MindArk hours' I guess.. as opposed to clock hours. :D

Around 9 AM California time.

This is the first of several releases of info concerning the next-gen Entropia Universe platform. In this batch, no avatars or creatures will be featured. That will probably come in batch #2 coming later.

Batch #2 coming later... this year? Or maybe this month?

The thing looks like a decoy dispenser.

Last edited:
Back