ground - done
trees - done
fancy lighting - done
mobs - nope
guns - nope
buildings - nope
wind effect - nope
tps - nope

I really hope MA are more ahead than that but if we're not getting it shown off I doubt it exists :(

... toddles back into cry2 limbo

There were some buildings shown in the previous teaser shots so I'd imagine some, if not all the towns are done.

Teleporters I wouldn't have thought would take very long.

You may be right about Mobs though, no sign of them in any teaser shots yet.

Wind effect is part of weather - which they may still be balancing, also the Day/Night cycle I'm wondering about - I hope there aren't any black mobs that you can't see at night. Imagine hunting Argos at night time for an example of shooting in the dark.

kygon, do not worry, we do not need it all, we have enough oils and L and that is more than expected, really! =)

J.

well lets see

ground - done
trees - done
fancy lighting - done
mobs - nope
guns - nope
buildings - nope
wind effect - nope
tps - nope

I really hope MA are more ahead than that but if we're not getting it shown off I doubt it exists :(

... toddles back into cry2 limbo

Hello everyone!

I managed to exclusively grab a teaser screen shot from the “CryTropia” press release due tomorrow. What do you think?

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
Wow. Different light. I'm impressed (not). :laugh:

Looking good and nice lighting with a bit of a hill up the right side, cant wait for some more shots!

There were some buildings shown in the previous teaser shots so I'd imagine some, if not all the towns are done.

Wind effect is part of weather - which they may still be balancing, also the Day/Night cycle I'm wondering about - I hope there aren't any black mobs that you can't see at night. Imagine hunting Argos at night time for an example of shooting in the dark.

Selling Omegaton Flashlight (L) @ TP

// ermik

Looking forward to the press release as it is tomorrow (lunchtime) now! (Not on website yet)

Marco, please give us atleast one stillshot at a mob en the new enviroment, pretty pleeeeeease? :girl:

Give now, I got to leave for 3 days >_<

more Marco!

waaaaaa :yay:

We want more Marco!!!!:bowdown::dance:
:whip: give us more info!!!
we just :shower: all at MA

:monkey:

quick quick quick!!!

//calming down//
...ok... we'll wait... :computer:

Lez.

Looking forward to the press release as it is tomorrow (lunchtime) now! (Not on website yet)

Still early US time (yeas all 4 timezones), and the press release was earlie morning US time (dont know timezone)

Still early US time (yeas all 4 timezones), and the press release was earlie morning US time (dont know timezone)

Around 9 AM California time.

This is the first of several releases of info concerning the next-gen Entropia Universe platform. In this batch, no avatars or creatures will be featured. That will probably come in batch #2 coming later.

This is the first of several releases of info concerning the next-gen Entropia Universe platform. In this batch, no avatars or creatures will be featured. That will probably come in batch #2 coming later.

heya :) So we can expect weapon design ??

9AM California, so about 16:00 (or 4PM) calypso time.
Only a few hours left :yay:

heya :) So we can expect weapon design ??

i wouldn't hold my breath... most probably, only landscapes and lights; *hopefully* weather...

Off topic:D it seems that Marco is affected by the invisibility bug :silly2:

looks great!!!

yes but I want to see some real buildings somewhere I could recognize, all these screens so far are very very generic and could almost be any game , I wanna see EU specifics :)

Yay, more generic landscapes completely unreminiscent of Entropia!!! Cmon Marco, u must realize that the majority of ppl here love EU with a passion, give em something they can sink their teeth into. These look like screens from any game atm, nothing we can recognize as EU. We're all hyped up about the cryeng, but ppl do start to kinda lose interest when we get the same stuff voer and over lol. One mob, a gun, anything..... We're a bit sick of generic landscapes with no tie to EU whatsoever.

It's green, I like green. Is there much more to say? That picture actually doesn't say anything. Anyone could have done that in Maya, 3DSMax or whatever soft together with a good graphix card.

Give us a movie ffs, so we can see how it really looks and behaves!!

Pardon my french:ahh:

Uhhh, thanks MA for posting but I am a little disappointed.

Sure, the true shadows are here and the trees really seem cool.
But, to be honest, I tried *the first game which used CE* some weeks ago and the result is not comparable at all. :(

I expected there would a lot of grass, vegetation and so on...
Of course the reason for this "partial" usage of CE2 may be related to performance. I understand and agree that MA reduces the effect in order not to lose 1/4 of the participants during the first weeks. In that case I am okay with the chosen level. :D

hehe the screenshot is looking like a better version of doom III :silly2: with more landscape and textures with a higher resolution than now.

ill hope i will find my claimrod on such detailed vegetation ;)
the signs for day and night cyle is looking good in my opinion :wtg:

-lina

:D thnx for the preview marco :D

looks pretty good , exept the plants could do with baving more pollygones in them . or maby turn AA to full when taking a screenie

also the ground needs some detail work

other than that it looks sweet !

By the way Marco. Are there any pre-release information on recommended system requirements for CryTropia??

I am just wondering if my PC will last :) I am doing fine on MAX details right now but... Crysis was really trying to burn my PC down when I tried it in decent details :laugh:

By the way Marco. Are there any pre-release information on recommended system requirements for CryTropia??
They've said that they won't give out any system requirements for it before it will be released.
'cause it's still in production and the requirements could change any time.

ok hope u wont make an 1 year tour of promoting next-gen Entropia

We already got a release with lights, vegetations and landscape... that was months ago.. So hope we will at least see something good, something new than new screenshots of the ground, of threes or some light effects?

Honestly i m disapointed, we were supposed to play cryentropia this end of summer, and look like its not even 50% of the developpment process done..

cool, thx for sharing this pic :)

come one people, compare this pic and a screenshot from now and you still complain? the CE2 is so powerfull, if they implement every feature you won't be able to play this game online without a 2k$ pc and even then you will lag lag lag because the data transfered from client to server would be to huge...

GREAT move MA to change the entire engine (it's NOT easy :rolleyes: ) !

Honestly i m disapointed, we were supposed to play cryentropia this end of summer, and look like its not even 50% of the developpment process done..

you want a quick release with a shitload of bugs or a smooth running universe?

god, give them time to do things right :rolleyes:

you want a quick release with a shitload of bugs or a smooth running universe?

god, give them time to do things right :rolleyes:

It was not me that announced that it would be rdy this summer we know about crytopia for over 1 year ... others make a new game in that time ...

And if u think that it would be a smooth running universe when it will be launched u are in for a big surprise.

It is not like the community is giving them deadlines it is more like them saying something that never happens in time.

Back