Entropia Universe 14.0.1 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
  • For a period of one week, participants will have the opportunity to use the avatar creation interface an unlimited number of times in order to achieve their desired avatar appearance. A relog is required to re-enter the avatar creation interface.
  • Make-up masks created in the avatar creation interface during this time will not be distributed after this period.
  • Various improvements to the avatar creation interface have been implemented: Shading, lighting and detail level have been improved, and avatars will no longer appear greenish or reddish.
  • Numbers have been added to the height selector in the avatar creation interface, to assist in setting the desired avatar height.
  • Make-up masks are active once again.

Fixes / Improvements
  • Graphics performance has been improved, especially for high population areas.
  • The value of starter garments has been lowered to 1 PEC, and the equipping fee for starter garments lowered to 0.0002 PEC.
  • An issue causing client crashes in the avatar creation interface have been corrected.
  • An issue causing client crashes when scanning multiple avatars has been corrected.
  • An issue causing movement to become locked after using the body sculpting interface has been corrected.
  • The content download interface once again displays after exiting the avatar creation interface.
  • Visibility of items in shops in the Genesis Amethera HQ display areas has been corrected.
  • An issue causing flying creatures to continually rise out of range has been corrected.

Known Issues
  • The background area in the avatar creation interface can sometimes turn very bright with certain graphics settings.
  • Avatars may display low quality textures in some situations.
  • The inventory icons for several items such as tier components may appear black.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

no mention of ctd when ppl in radar dies!

Your old avatar is saved, you do not start from scratch.

How do u initiate the avatar creation interface?

Your old avatar is saved, you do not start from scratch.

From pre this update or each time you go back in to make adjustments?

From pre update mine was nothing like it was before. I was black again and a totally different shape and height.

Also, anyone else got issues with the eyes being just black whatever colour or iris type you use? Mine all look the same whatever I choose :/

How do you create make-up masks? Can't find any options for it in the creation interface.

From pre this update or each time you go back in to make adjustments?

From pre update mine was nothing like it was before. I was black again and a totally different shape and height.

Also, anyone else got issues with the eyes being just black whatever colour or iris type you use? Mine all look the same whatever I choose :/

Mine appeared in the creation room as it was yesterday, and yeah my eyes are a lot too dark too, couldn't find any controls for it so maybe a bug with the lighting

feet still up in the air while shooting in 3rd person

This is very bad, the most annoying bug, I will get epilepsy if Ma doesn;t correct this

"For a period of one week, participants will have the opportunity to use the avatar creation interface an unlimited number of times in order to achieve their desired avatar appearance. A relog is required to re-enter the avatar creation interface."

this is very good move, thanks!
maybe next time, we could tune our avatars ingame with real light, real scaling etc
also the creation room is static, and i've weird shoulders when running or just equipping tools now lol

not a word about the entropia wide nerf of last vu

At work so cannot get in game..... are all the lighting issues fixed where we look dark skinned, the service centres look like half the lights are off kind of thing?

At work so cannot get in game..... are all the lighting issues fixed where we look dark skinned, the service centres look like half the lights are off kind of thing?

I'm just fixing one or two errors I made, the lighting is much better.
Do expect to come out only slightly darker though.
Instead of much darker.

OMFG they didn't fix the 2 biggest screw ups! Feet still up in the air ??? AAAAND YOU STILL GET CTD WHEN SOMEONE DIES AT YOUR RADAR!!!!! Can't take this shit anymore...

They had bloody better fix clothing textures! Is everything looking normal again?

Stupid shit... Cloths didn't get fixed at all. Pants looks different from shirts! Feet above ur head is killing me too!
Armors looks silly.

FIX ALL THOSE!

no mention of ctd when ppl in radar dies!

And that was not fixed. We cant live without scaning people, so it was much more important! Who care if we CTD after someone die in our radar, that is not important at all... OR they do not read any support cases... :mad:

Would be nice, if you could change graphics settings at the creation screen, on medium settings i had a white background, easier to see the whole ava, on high and very high... black, and very dark, but you can see details better at high/very high, need to switch between graphics settings to see different things.
Also, my hair just tries to go inside my head all the time :D

Edit: Now i saw my own clothes on in the editor for about a minute... and then they changed to the undies... why can't we have own clothes on in the editor all the time? :p

And that was not fixed. We cant live without scaning people, so it was much more important! Who care if we CTD after someone die in our radar, that is not important at all... OR they do not read any support cases... :mad:

yay for more free oil for the rigcheaters

At the PK people... my guess is that they fixxed what they could fix in 1 weeks time.
this isnt good enough... i think they are still living with some programing which is 10years old, and that might make it very difficult to find the problems.

pk is the one prof that generates almost 100% profit for MA and the share holders... it should be above textures and shadeing...

Would be nice, if you could change graphics settings at the creation screen,

But you can, aren't you? ESC -> Options works in the creation interface.

Hint: "camera up/down" actions, whatever keys you have binded those to, work too.

Was always asking me why Entropia Universe is not known by gamers and why so many players are leaving this game. Well, I know it now: its a big mess!

I can't seem to go anywhere without ctds. This is just totally unplayable :mad:

An issue causing flying creatures to continually rise out of range has been corrected.

Big thank you! Was:

face411fe30b1477780a1c0765b3d9f0.png

Now:

391a4eb987e3d5c36487cb9b631257c4.png

Thanks! I was really feel myself too dynamic!

Big thank you! Was:

face411fe30b1477780a1c0765b3d9f0.png

Now:

391a4eb987e3d5c36487cb9b631257c4.png

Thanks! I was really feel myself too dynamic!
o_O

less engine power and more weight? :O

But you can, aren't you? ESC -> Options works in the creation interface.

Hint: "camera up/down" actions, whatever keys you have binded those to, work too.
Ah so, for some reason i just assumed Esc -> Exit (Exit the avatar creation) and never thought of pushing it there :p
And default camera up/down are numpad 8 and 2, but i don't see how those help me with graphics settings ;D

Back