Entropia Universe 14.0 Release Notes

in other words, they're going to be taking it off somewhere else :p

LOL...possibly.

It will probably take slightly longer to crack a global now, meaning greater ped turnover (although what are we talking per 1000 ped ammo burned for missed shots, just a few ped at most). I always believed miss shots contributed to personal global build, but then I am still in the crowd that thinks personal damage or personal ammo burn creates personal returns.

Although what I'm really happy about is the PR machine within MA is getting so much better. Swapping the MISS by the player and blaming it on the mob evading you, probably sits better with more players especially new players. Funny MA you did make me smile with that.

Big gratz on the developer teams hard work to bring us the new avatars.

Rick

Well, I suppose you can't have it all.

I'm running EU on a Linux system through Wine, and the graphics in the avatar creation mode is just awful.

The The result did turn out for the better, but that was luck, nothing else.

One has to wonder why this is, as the graphics are fine otherwise.

Most interesting is that HA has changed.

I had 7.2 yesterday and 8.3 today on my AS-129. So I guess new pararmeters are in place for HA
and we have to relearn what we thought we know :D

New Features
  • The threat level calculation for creatures has been adjusted to more accurately reflect difficulty and danger level.
  • The chance to miss has been slightly decreased when shooting at creatures.
  • The cost of ammo and decay has been removed when firing a weapon that is not aimed at a target, such as into the air or ground. (This change does not affect weapons with area of effect damage).
  • The cost to equip armor parts has been removed.
  • When in combat, the text “MISS” has been changed to “EVADE”. These messages will be further refined in a later release to more accurately indicate the actual outcome of each attack attempt and provide better information to participants.

So a lot of retesting needed, but you also broke our tools for the moment?

[*]The cost of ammo and decay has been removed when firing a weapon that is not aimed at a target, such as into the air or ground. (This change does not affect weapons with area of effect damage).

So, autoclicker exploit in pvp again?

Now I have terrible lags in Twin :mad:

from what a few people have said the new avatars don't seem to have reduced the system load but have increased it in some cases.

New Features
  • The cost to equip armor parts has been removed.

Now all we need is for them to remove the equipping fee on UL clothing ;)

What i created isnt what I got
and as for smoothiness
It was fine, now the game eats all my memory pretty damn fast.

Way to fuck up things :mad:

please add a way to change the camera angle!!!

midle mouse button not working there, ok after a while i found the right click feature to rotate the boy:laugh:
but no way to see the avatr from top, this is how i'll look at it during hours

also not easy to estimate the good height
in the previous version, the rooms were very dark so not easy to see the avatar (u have no sun in sweden???)
now there is a bit more light in new system but no other avatar or npc to compare size

oh and if possible please propose a normal armor, settler or pixie, thx!!!
i think vey low ppl use the middle-age armor, so its pretty useless to see one's with it no?

The weapon will still reload, though?

Haven't logged in to try it yet (thus the "?"). I suppose if you have to wait for reload it won't be as bad, and constantly firing at the ground waiting for a target might be embarrassing.

yup reload is still there

I must say I love this VU so far. Many says it looks bad, but I think avatars look better now.

Although I wish they could have made coats look better with armor while they were at it.

Yeah coats still look terrible when wearing armor! Bad MA, that's baaaaad! Grrrr

And kreltins drop novas so mobs loot been changed aswell! Not just adjusted the lvl, they changed them completely!

BKK, the new meatball with a monkey face

What i created isnt what I got
and as for smoothiness
It was fine, now the game eats all my memory pretty damn fast.

Way to fuck up things :mad:

Will be a chance to remake next VU patch.

"Greetings Entropians, we would like to inform all participants that they will have another opportunity to redo their avatar appearance after the VU patch scheduled for early next week."

Furor dropping frags too, stopped hunting them as I preffer to hunt mobs that don't give no-loots or frags. If kreltin are doing it too there could be a LOT of mobs i'm gonna want to avoid :(

Yeah coats still look terrible when wearing armor! Bad MA, that's baaaaad! Grrrr

And kreltins drop novas so mobs loot been changed aswell! Not just adjusted the lvl, they changed them completely!

BKK, the new meatball with a monkey face

Well, level determined some loots like oils, and also skill gain. It used to be that regen had a huge affect on mob level, if they "fixed" that now and it has changed a lot, that might be the biggest change of this VU. For example, do Carabok still have a very high level relative to their health?

The chance to miss has been slightly decreased when shooting at creatures.

My Hit Ability with a mod merc is now 5.8/10.0, with a crit ability of 5.4/10.0... at lvl 29 Laser Pistoleer (Hit)

So I guess that is the change? Didn't check with any non-oldschool weapons so no idea if a change there too :dunno:

I see only decrease in mob levels. Does someone noticed a mobs that get level up ?

I heard there was a nerf to carabok bok

I heard there was a nerf to carabok bok

As far as I've heard, they were rebalanced to not give such ridiculus amounts of skill gains anymore, but be more in line with other mobs of its size.

I would hardly call it a nerf, annoying enough that people have been able to quick-grind huge amounts of rare skills (like Mindforce, clubs, etc) on them for such a long time already :coffee:

This avatar engine is so ugly. I logged into it and the first guy scared me like hell! I looked like a little fat dwarf and as I canceled all and returned to the game I still looked like a fat little dwarf. The armor was completely out of place.

EU drives me to start drinking. OMG OMG!

I even have a big spiky adams apple and can`get rid off.

I hope I do not have to nuke my avatar.

But well, I think its early release and maybe, maybe, hopefully it is improving. I still miss the tattoos or did not find them.

Very well I think is the options you can tweak all parts of your body. I think thats the way to go.

One problem I maybe have to open a ticket: I set my skin color to light brown. Back in game now I am.... BLAAAACK! Sigh

Last edited:
I intentionally don't hunt like a moron, I shoot the mob I plan on shooting. I do not want to change my avatar look for the 10th time in 5 years. Anything in this VU I should be aware of, or is it just another non-VU?

YES!!!! LET US PRAISE MA for once!!

less less less is what i hear lessss decay

LESS IS MORE!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

I intentionally don't hunt like a moron, I shoot the mob I plan on shooting. I do not want to change my avatar look for the 10th time in 5 years. Anything in this VU I should be aware of, or is it just another non-VU?

WARNING: DO NOT! change your avatar yet. DO NOT even log into the avatar editor yet. If you just play with the editor and then hit "Cancel" your avatar already changed!! Just dont!

Why MA go put up a "rare items" Hall of Fame ? We gonna se alot of new drops ahead? :O

WARNING: DO NOT! change your avatar yet. DO NOT even log into the avatar editor yet. If you just play with the editor and then hit "Cancel" your avatar already changed!! Just dont!

There is a free remake next week, don't panic, baby.

Back