Info: Evidence for the ATH sucks the loot pool theory

iancampbell

Alpha
Society
Global Alliance
Christopher Chris Kinnison
Last night I went for a very small hunt - about 40 mobs only, because almost all my cash was tied up in goods on auction. Just before this I heard some conversation in local about the "fact" that hunting was going to be rubbish today because some big ATH loots had been given out.

I normally expect to find something, even if it's bits and pieces, on about half the mobs I kill. This time, only two mobs had anything - and it amounted to a few (less than 10) bullets, two cans of muscle oil and a bit of residue.

Yes, I know there is a lot of randomness - but it looks to me as if the dial had been turned severely down on loot frequency.

I could not believe it, after hte Mining ATH i dropped one bomb and did not find anything. OMG the loot sucks

Rgds ;)

Ace

i been thinking that for a long time now, and every big one i see loot is bad for a week (on the avg of course), though im only one player, and only viewing one societys loot findings. so thats not much but an asumption compared to the rest of EU. ill tell yah one thing though, MA surley isnt paying for them big ATH.

words to the wise , loot comes in phases, when its bad, take the next two weeks off.

:twocents:

Arf

Well look at that fact that one big mining find can effect the price of a resource so much. We live and play in a small bubble so any big thing is bound to have an impact. I`m sure I can feel the tide ebb and flow around big loots. Sure there is a dynamic aspect to it but it is not imperceivable just subtle and slightly inconsistant.

40 mobs is nothing.

To get a good idea one most do long runs, over a long amount of time.

And even then - it could be just you.

Ath's are easy to predict, hunt all day everday grinding on pi** easy eco mobs and you will see the trends, both in loot and behaviour of mob spawning

if this were the case then entropiatracker's trend would severely drop after a big ath. that's at least a bit more evidence then 40 mobs.

2 x 300 ped runs with a 50% return last night, not normal.

my globals and hofs have been up since the Hunting ATH, so maybe they are good for me

sigh...damnit to short

Last night I had better loot then average. 300 ped profit BTW and no hof or big global, just two small ones.

As far as your theories goes :laugh:

I have hunted a lot of trox in team and every time a 20K+ hits the loots stay the same, go up, go down or some in the between.

Last night I had better loot then average. 300 ped profit BTW and no hof or big global, just two small ones.

As far as your theories goes :laugh:

I have hunted a lot of trox in team and every time a 20K+ hits the loots stay the same, go up, go down or some in the between.

it's not really a theory.. as far as i'm concerned it's a solid fact but maybe i hunt the mobs that show the signs the most.. i'm hunting 8+ hours day everday, some see it and others don't... trox are not a mob that would show it.

Everday loots have an up and down period but ATH's take it to another level.

I could not believe it, after hte Mining ATH i dropped one bomb and did not find anything. OMG the loot sucks

Rgds ;)

Ace

LoL that because after the ATH I dropped one bomb and got the next ATH.:laugh:

I've seen no evidence of lower loots. In game, in this thread, or otherwise. But nice try anyway.

So where's the evidence :scratch2:

I've seen no evidence of lower loots. In game, in this thread, or otherwise. But nice try anyway.

yeah good point.. i personnaly only have my own experience to go buy, to the OP.. evidence ?

now way am i going to start taking a constant stream of screenies and blogging it and all that crap lol.. too busy hunting :)

Rgds ;)

Ace

Ah next time I am worried about loot I just ask u to drop a bomb and report back .............:rolleyes:

well it is kinda weird that some players aint getting squat and others frow and cheer in swirlies all day :)

Theory that an avatar has a fixed pool to them that they can'ty surpass, and if its small they wil get the pool but more spread.

say teh pool is 1000 and you hnut 10 times a day you get 100 ped back each run, but if you go 5 hunts you get 200 back each run? :D

and so the mystery of lootius shall continoue to amaze people till the day someone unravels it all! harharhar

I have had about 10 mining runs and 3 hunts since the big hunting ATH...

Most of them with profit ;)

That has to be the lowest amount of data/evidence Ive seen used to build up a theory :laugh:

... thinking about it I think Ive seen worse on youtube :D (search for the three words: nightmare banana comfort )

say teh pool is 1000 and you hnut 10 times a day you get 100 ped back each run, but if you go 5 hunts you get 200 back each run? :D

this is just stupid, how can any1 know how much runs will u have per day ;)

if this were the case then entropiatracker's trend would severely drop after a big ath. that's at least a bit more evidence then 40 mobs.

Not necessarily, the number of globals may be kept constant but the crappy loots 0-10ped (that small time hunters rely on) could be dropped by half and no one would be able to prove it, especially if you sectioned of parts of the playerbase.

Rgds ;)

Ace

Sarcasm - you`re doing it rite! :laugh:

just mine opinion,

i think that an ATH does not affect the loot after it has been dropped but before it has dropped, because the lootpool gets filled and at an moment its "full" and then it drops

just mine opinion,

i think that an ATH does not affect the loot after it has been dropped but before it has dropped, because the lootpool gets filled and at an moment its "full" and then it drops

That's exactly what I think. The money has to come from somewhere. They aren't going to pay out an ATH and then collect the money to fund it afterward. The players pay for it initially and THEN the ATH gets paid out.

i think that an ATH does not affect the loot after it has been dropped but before it has dropped

and there we have it. for every person who states a "fact" that the loot is poor after a ATH, theres someone who believes that loot is poor before. who's right? either or neither? probably easy enough to research.

Back