Info: Evidence for the ATH sucks the loot pool theory

I was hunting about 8 hours ago (not ingame now) and noticed that the biggest hof in the list was only about 1k - 2k peds for both hunting and mining. Crafting had a uber followed by 1k+ peds hofs in the list.

Kind of unusual considering that there is generally a few in the 2k-4k (or higher) range shown usually.

I only did a single hunting run (250 peds ammo on drones) and although no swirlies, I did get a few minis which made me almost break even.

It is possible that during uber hof (athof) time, the bigger loots may be lessened, while the average sub-50 peds loot is still the same. As such, as long as you don't depend on a global / hof to breakeven or profit, it should be fine.

Evidence against the loot pool being drained: I looted a fishing pole from a low HP mob today :laugh:

my personal feeling (so not a fact) is that loot sucks in any case. At least this is valid for me.

Problem with this theory is that i dont think MA would give away 100kpeds before they earned them.

im close to 100% sure that they build up the ATH "pool" for some time and then they give it to a random MM or imkII user. ;)

I could not believe it, after hte Mining ATH i dropped one bomb and did not find anything. OMG the loot sucks

Rgds ;)

Ace

I watched Ace drop his bomb
:eek:
learned not to do that
:scratch2:
broke even...
:cool:

Reactions: sob
True story:

Me and my friend Vedder was hunting in dome 4 on CP.
Someone, i cant remember who gets a ~30k ATH in D4..

After a while we get crowded by some aurlis and slaughtered :(..
We are standing by the revival discussing if we should contine cause there's allready been a ATH on aurlis today..

We decide to keep on going and on the way back to the dome.. Bart (i think his name is, you can check it on the ATH table) hits a 60k aurli..

What if he stopped to hunt after the first ATH wich drained the lootpool? :p

True story:

Me and my friend Vedder was hunting in dome 4 on CP.
Someone, i cant remember who gets a ~30k ATH in D4..

After a while we get crowded by some aurlis and slaughtered :(..
We are standing by the revival discussing if we should contine cause there's allready been a ATH on aurlis today..

We decide to keep on going and on the way back to the dome.. Bart (i think his name is, you can check it on the ATH table) hits a 60k aurli..

What if he stopped to hunt after the first ATH wich drained the lootpool? :p

So next time there is an ATH and shortly after you see Bart... KILLSTEAL! :D

Yes, clearly this thread is total nonsense as the original post is useless, and it probably deserves neg rep but I can't be bothered to give it.

However, I do believe the theory (it'd be rather daft to not believe that a big loot affects other loots in some form). I'd love Starfinder to produce some stats on, say, the average size of globals for:

- one hour before the ATH
- one hour after the ATH
- one hour before the ATH exactly one week earlier
- one hour after the ATH but exactly one week earlier

I think we'd see something.....

Forrest :)

here have 2 cents...:twocents:

I havent noticed anything difrent in my loot records before and after the ATH.

just mine opinion,

i think that an ATH does not affect the loot after it has been dropped but before it has dropped, because the lootpool gets filled and at an moment its "full" and then it drops

After the ATH is befor the ATH

I was hunting about 8 hours ago (not ingame now) and noticed that the biggest hof in the list was only about 1k - 2k peds for both hunting and mining. Crafting had a uber followed by 1k+ peds hofs in the list.

Kind of unusual considering that there is generally a few in the 2k-4k (or higher) range shown usually.

I only did a single hunting run (250 peds ammo on drones) and although no swirlies, I did get a few minis which made me almost break even.

It is possible that during uber hof (athof) time, the bigger loots may be lessened, while the average sub-50 peds loot is still the same. As such, as long as you don't depend on a global / hof to breakeven or profit, it should be fine.

Very good point because globals and hofs don't say much about how the loot is. Ofcourse someone hitting a big hof has good loot, but you get the point.

I see this complaint a lot about ATHs draining the loot pool either before or after they happen.

If you really think about how much PED is blown on PK and how much gets churned from auction and shop (shopkeeper) fees plus whatever is stilling being generated by Advertisement I think its not very hard to see where big loots might be coming from. Plus who knows what portion of decay MA recycles back into EU rather than removing it like they have stated.

There are so many different ways MA could fund such loot and IMHO its not always about each persons individual loot suddenly stinking because of an ATH or after such an event.

I've had bad loot before, after, and while people were ATHing right next to me. I have also had good loot in all the same situations.

There are cycles in EU, there are times to play hard and grind and there are times to sit back take a break and try something else some other day.

I am currently on a break. My frustration level peaked last week about many things in life, not just EU. So I decided it was time to re-evaluate my goals in life and in EU and take some time off. Given a couple weeks time my frustration level will lower and I will be back to the grind or maybe I will find something else that will take me away from EU.

IMO that is what MA needs to focus on. Everytime I "take a break" I am apt to find some new activity that will make EU less and less appealing. I can feel for those who think ATHs suck loot but in reality its just EU whether there are 2K ped ATHs or 100K ped ATHs the cycles in EU will generate frustration and some resentment in some cases especially when the perception is that people are not getting their money's worth otherwise.

If loots were exciting and enjoyable and goals did not seem to be near impossible than I think there would be less threads like this.

Whether we have big ATHs or not MA needs to focus on what they have now and how to improve upon that. EU needs to be the place people want to come spend some time and maybe a little cash because the rewards are worth it. People will not continue to do things unless there is some type of pay-off and I don't necessarily mean in monetary terms. There should be more meaning and tangible results to the time and money spent in EU IMHO. My biggest frustration is seeing EU stagnate into a mediocre RCE MMO where people don't see a benefit in progressing or spending a little cash for entertainment. In this day and age where people are watching every penny it I don't see MA making a lot of effort to get people to spend their entertainment dollars in EU.

Maybe this is premature maybe CE2 will change things and planet partners will open up the next level of EU bringing in a lot of people who will find their niche in EU. It will all matter for not though if MA cannot squash some of these long time stigmas that plague them.

Its almost if the real world is knocking at MA HQs door and they are all away on Holiday..........oooooh wait they are :grumble:

Ahhhh well thanks for reading my rant sorry if I went off topic I needed to vent lol. :laugh:

When I started the community did seem to be in a better state than it does now, people complained about loot but not to the current levels.

Part of it is that once you get to certain level your stuck unless you increase your spending, before you could keep going on small deposits but still reach uber due to the close to linear skill gains we had back then. Gradually though we've seen the screw tighten on our costs and I think it's leading to burn out of players at a much quicker rate. The complaining about the ATH's and loot is getting worse, not only the level but the boring items in it but we're seeing little effort from MA / FPC to fix it other than to keep giving us CE2 teasers and the promise of a new golden age.

When I started the community did seem to be in a better state than it does now, people complained about loot but not to the current levels.

Part of it is that once you get to certain level your stuck unless you increase your spending, before you could keep going on small deposits but still reach uber due to the close to linear skill gains we had back then. Gradually though we've seen the screw tighten on our costs and I think it's leading to burn out of players at a much quicker rate. The complaining about the ATH's and loot is getting worse, not only the level but the boring items in it but we're seeing little effort from MA / FPC to fix it other than to keep giving us CE2 teasers and the promise of a new golden age.

I thinkt he biggest problem is that people upgrade to fast and want to much.
I have a friend who has rather much more skills than me, he almost stopped playing completly due to high losses.. He easily looses 2-5k ped in just a couple of days or a day even..

Meanwhile, i havent deposited for several months and im still playing every day.. It all has to do with adapting to your skill-level and taking the time thats necessary before an upgrade.

If you are like me and have ~150k skills, you arent supposed to hunt on CP, Scipulors, Hogglo, SEG or whatever that could be regarded ATH mobs.. I would even say that you should stay as far away from Atrox thats humanly possible.

Drones and Argonauts.. Low armor, some fap thats adjusted to your skills (not an adj. fap), good weapon (P5, HL6, HL8, Korss).

Rince and repeast, over and over and over and over and over again.

By doing this, you will not lose massive ammounts of cash,.. most likely you lose little, perhaps break even, perhaps even profit.

The big problem is, noone is arsed to do it.. I really struggled to get through my 100 X Argonaut project and afterwards i've been bouncing around bigger mobs for a while, just to have fun.. and with that came the losses wich are aprox. 1000 ped on 1.5 week..

So, guess what, im going back to drone/argos again, because im prepaired to put down the time thats necessary to keep playing on a minimum budget.. because thats whats gonna make me succesfull in the end. Beeing able to play on a small budget and the day i hit the big one (if i do) i will be able to upgrade skills, gear etc to become even more efficient..

Rince and repeat...

The difference between me and ubers are that their mobs are not argonauts and drones, they can farm bigger mobs efficiently.

So next time someone whines about loosing to much cash, you should ask them.. "Are you playing at your level?" and i bet that 99.9% of the people who say "YES" on this question are not true.

XD I love posts like these. OMG there was a 20k trox now all of entropia loot sucks for atleast a week.. omg no recovery..

has anyone ever noticed that there is atleast 3 or 4 10k+ kills a week and a couple 20k+ or even 30k+ once a week... so if it takes a week to recover... lol doesn't that mean loot sucks constantly? ^^

haha .. do the math...

Ath prediction.. next 24 hours.. could be within 48 hours dependant on how big it is.

timeframe is an estimation and i'm quite happy to wrong.. depends if loots are still as bad on saturday as they have been today since 11am UTC
(there could be a rollover)

I tend to agree with poster and most in RELICS believe so as well. The big ATH has to be sponsored in some way offcourse :) . In the long run it evens out though because previous to a big claim / loot the returns can be quite good !

XD I love posts like these. OMG there was a 20k trox now all of entropia loot sucks for atleast a week.. omg no recovery..

has anyone ever noticed that there is atleast 3 or 4 10k+ kills a week and a couple 20k+ or even 30k+ once a week... so if it takes a week to recover... lol doesn't that mean loot sucks constantly? ^^

haha .. do the math...

I'm sure you will get agreement from the loot sucks crowd on your math...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

People should do some basic math... I mean there are thousands upon thousands of citizens from arrround the world, working here 24 hours a day, and an in game economy of over 4 billion peds... to think that a monthy ATH has any measurable effect... is just not doing any math... much less critical thinking... :rolleyes:

I'm sure you will get agreement from the loot sucks crowd on your math...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

People should do some basic math... I mean there are thousands upon thousands of citizens from arrround the world, working here 24 hours a day, and an in game economy of over 4 billion peds... to think that a monthy ATH has any measurable effect... is just not doing any math... much less critical thinking... :rolleyes:

Brooklyn how dare you.. these people don't play to think!!! :laugh:

If you are like me and have ~150k skills, you arent supposed to hunt on CP, Scipulors, Hogglo, SEG or whatever that could be regarded ATH mobs.. I would even say that you should stay as far away from Atrox thats humanly possible.

Sadly no, after 3 1/2 years (for 2 of which I've limited myself to $50/month) my total skills are barely 60k.

Drones and Argonauts.. Low armor, some fap thats adjusted to your skills (not an adj. fap), good weapon (P5, HL6, HL8, Korss).

Rince and repeast, over and over and over and over and over again.

By doing this, you will not lose massive ammounts of cash,.. most likely you lose little, perhaps break even, perhaps even profit.

The big problem is, noone is arsed to do it.. I really struggled to get through my 100 X Argonaut project and afterwards i've been bouncing around bigger mobs for a while, just to have fun.. and with that came the losses wich are aprox. 1000 ped on 1.5 week..

So, guess what, im going back to drone/argos again, because im prepaired to put down the time thats necessary to keep playing on a minimum budget.. because thats whats gonna make me succesfull in the end. Beeing able to play on a small budget and the day i hit the big one (if i do) i will be able to upgrade skills, gear etc to become even more efficient..

Rince and repeat...

The difference between me and ubers are that their mobs are not argonauts and drones, they can farm bigger mobs efficiently.

So next time someone whines about loosing to much cash, you should ask them.. "Are you playing at your level?" and i bet that 99.9% of the people who say "YES" on this question are not true.

If its a case where I'm just going after the same mob just to break even I wouldn't even bother logging and thats exactly what I'm doing right now and not depositing. I just don't see the point just to go up few skill points every month, why spend money on an activity when I'm going to bored out my mind doing it? So my money goes on other games, on xbox or PC.

Before the regen I would kill the odd atrox and globaled a few times but as you suggest when I am in game I stay well clear of them and every other mob like them as my skills are too low now and my ped card won't support them anymore. As a noob I would team up and even go solo in 3T on atrox and now that I've got a lot more experience better weaponry, better armor I wont even go near young :(

Am I playing at my level, an honest answer would be that I'm playing well below as I try to stretch my ped as far as it can go.

Last edited:
Am I playing at my level, an honest answer would be that I'm playing well below as I try to stretch my ped as far as it can go.

I would say you are playing well below lvl.. if I had to hunt below scipulor, ambu, trox and such again.. I would go insane.. yeah sure it is great to do tp runs for newbs... but

To Zabler: if you can't effeciently hunt trox in an eco way after obtaining 150k skills.. either you chipped to become a crafter lol or you really messed up your account. I am not yet at 100k skills but getting very close.. and I swat trox easier than a daikiba at sweat camp if going after old or below maturity trox.

wow! Words "evidence", "loot pool" and even "theory" included in the title.
Posted via Mobile Device

haha .. do the math...

People tend to forget the gazillion of globals everyday that suck the lootpool dry the instant it has a little bit recovered :D

If I keep getting my globals at that rate and value for the next year and then get an ATH, I will know for sure who paid for it :D Since I seem not get any ubers in Hunting, I _MUST_ get an ATH next year :D
And that day will be when I have the monopol in Animal Pancreas Oil and everybody will notice in their loot :D

People tend to forget the gazillion of globals everyday that suck the lootpool dry the instant it has a little bit recovered :D

If I keep getting my globals at that rate and value for the next year and then get an ATH, I will know for sure who paid for it :D Since I seem not get any ubers in Hunting, I _MUST_ get an ATH next year :D
And that day will be when I have the monopol in Animal Pancreas Oil and everybody will notice in their loot :D

Lol Woenk, played nearly 3 years not once a hoff over 1k, I sincerely hope you hit that ath, but odds are not in your favor friend. Not in mine either haha

Lol Woenk, played nearly 3 years not once a hoff over 1k, I sincerely hope you hit that ath, but odds are not in your favor friend. Not in mine either haha

Comparing my tracker data to yours would make me assume, that I lost more in hunting the last 18 months. Either you play that efficient that you do not global or allways teamed or you are simply not an idiot like me :D
An small ATH now would only put me at break even to what I deposited when I deduct decay, markup and stupidity. I would assume, as soon as my losses to the system are as double as high as two ATH, I will get a bigger payback :D MA knows that even the double stupid and triple idiots need an encouragement from time to time :D

Comparing my tracker data to yours would make me assume, that I lost more in hunting the last 18 months. Either you play that efficient that you do not global or allways teamed or you are simply not an idiot like me :D
An small ATH now would only put me at break even to what I deposited when I deduct decay, markup and stupidity. I would assume, as soon as my losses to the system are as double as high as two ATH, I will get a bigger payback :D MA knows that even the double stupid and triple idiots need an encouragement from time to time :D

Don't believe everything entropia tracker tells you, it is only reliable for the past x amount of time I had a 1 year break in my 3 years playing and have only been back a couple of months. Data from entropia tracker doesn't tell you actual invested ped of that person. I won't argue with you to compare who has the bigger marber... however think it is a bit inconsiderate to assume you are at a greater loss than another player. Besides who is the biggest loser of ped is nothing to brag about lol....

Many of players have deposited enough to equal three or four times the value of a single ATH and never had one.

just mine opinion,

i think that an ATH does not affect the loot after it has been dropped but before it has dropped, because the lootpool gets filled and at an moment its "full" and then it drops

After an ATH your always before the next one... :rolleyes:
Actually everyone gives a little piece of their "loot" or should I say "ammo/bombs/probes/amp/..." to the building of an ATH then.

Or more probably, the "lootpool" is actually a buffer that can be used to pay out big loots, but does not get full. The trigger is not connected to the amount in the buffer. Since the buffer can contain an amount big enough to already pay for the next 10 ATH's.

Well it's up to anyone imagination (or faith) to belief what you want.

Back